American International Group

American International Group Employer Reviews

Claims Administration Claims Ops Analyst II/III (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 3, 2014
Pros: very flexable
-Great Company to work for . I work at the company for 25 years
Enjoyable work environment with a variety of customers
Desktop Support contractor not an AIG Employee (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 1, 2014
Pros: interacting with all sorts of nationalities of people and fixing their issues.
Cons: i was limited to a steady lunch break but that was really the only adjustment i had to make.
Check my voice mail and e-mail for any updates on tickets that were pending some sort of response from the end user. If I had any new info via e-mail or voice mail, I would follow up with the user and do what was necessary to close their "incident" or "service request". Then, login into my help desk or desktop support queue and review any newly assigned – more... tickets to me.
If I had any new tickets, I would then make a phone call and e-mail attempt to contact the user to get a better description of their issue and how we could schedule getting together to resolve it. I would resolve issues related to users not being able to print or access their network drives. I was also involved in setting up new employees desktops or laptops with their specified rights, applications and so forth. I would get incident tickets were I would have to upgrade a users rights or upgrade their software. I had access to Bomgar a remote desktop tool we used to attempt to solve the issue at my desk, if not, I would then contact them and go to their location to resolve the issue. The hardest part was when customers could access a program or print something and then all of the sudden they couldn't. The way I dealt with that was with a calm voice try to understand what happened before the issue started and assure them that if I could not resolve it then, that I had another tech on-site who could help me resolve it. The most enjoyable part was when a user would have something break of something they couldn't normally do on their daily routine and being able to fix it and have them give me a special thanks. – less
ok
Sr Business Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: tele-commuting
Cons: they outsource too much responsiblities
they don't care about their employees, they are trying save money by jeopardizing the customers satisfaction
Substandard and Unprofessional
Unit Manager, Automobile No-Fault (Former Employee), Chadds Ford, PAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: paycheck did not bounce and major medical insurance was available
Cons: everything else
Unreasonable case load, ill defined expectations, emotionally and verbally abusive management at the branch level.
A TPA that allowed growing and teaching
Medical Only Adjuster (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: working for aig
Cons: not working for cmi
This is where I learned my lost time claims and how to view claims from initial to closure. Co-worker were very nice to get allow with. I was sadden when AIG lost the Wal-Mart account to CMI.
Excellent time to understand how to rebrand
Operational Risk Assistant Director (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 19, 2014
AIG is going through a period of re-branding itself and so it has been very interesting time to work at AIG.
Good opportunity for varied project and tool set growth
Senior Enterprise Risk Management Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 16, 2014
As a company that is moving forward and once again advancing after the fallout of the financial crisis, there are many opportunities and projects that present themselves to associates that would not typically be available within industry peers. I personally gained a great deal of experience in a variety of deliverables that would be atypical at other – more... insurance / financial firms. – less
Strong Company
Senior Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2014
Very good company, co-works are excellent within their fields.
Not as it appears to be
Licensed Insurance Agent-45 States (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 9, 2014
I was super excited when I got this job. The training was fun.
Once I was offically in the position all your calls were monitored
by management. It was encouraged to talk fast, dont pause.
You were required to follow a script word for word. The script was misleading
and customers didnt realize what they were buying.
Horrible experience. If you didnt – more... sell they called you lazy. – less
Nice place to work
Provider Bill Auditor (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2014
Researched non-payment medical claims for payment to avoid penalties and fines. Reviewed and resolved providers' complaints. Assisted adjusters with updating patients progress in system.
Nice place to work but not enough money to make
French Fellow Actuary (Current Employee), פתח תקווה, MFebruary 4, 2014
Its ok to work here but the salary are very low, I had the chance to work with a good person and a good actuary by the way which tought me a lot. The co workers are good but the salary is not good at all and the benefits are almost unexisting.
Engergetic and fun place to work with good people
Personal Injury Adjuster (Former Employee), East Lansing, MIFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: great company, good co-workers, new opportunities
Cons: being disresepcted by insured's, no job security
A typical day at work consisted of reviewing new claims that were filed, answering calls and making contact via phone. Reviewing medical records and reports and determining coverage and benefit eligibility. I learned how to summarize medical records, how to deal with different personalities and not take things personally. My managers were knowledgeable – more... and experiences which was a benefit for me as this was my first auto insurance job. My co-workers were great people to get know and work with. The hardest part of the job was learning to summarize the medical records and getting comfortable with making decision regarding a person's benefits. What I enjoyed most about the job was the challenge of learning something new and growing. – less
Very productive and up to date technology offering ways to move up the ladder to better and more productive jobs.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: free physical each year
Cons: alwyas being watched
Working at AIG as great. I was able to take courses to move up in the company. I was hired as a file clerk and when I left I was an Exec. Assistant. I was able to learn new things by attending in-house courses. Management was management and the people were friendly. They never recognized loyalty or even said thank you but they made up in other ways.
Fast paced and productive environment
Senior Technical Field Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: friendly user environment
Cons: no free lunches
Every day is a different challenge in AIG. The local support groups are great and they can teach you many different things. Management does not see first hand how many people do the job therefore they sometimes judge strictly by the numbers from a report. At the end of the day, all of the work gets done and the customers are happy.
Not as expected, very unorganised
Claims (Current Employee), Hong kongJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: good name, looks good on cv
Cons: very disorganised
No induction whatsoever, you have to find your way through the share drive on the computer. You are not even told that as a new hire, you won’t be paid on the normal pay day on the first month, but 7 days after. Not transparent with their job performance review; your direct boss may tell you why he/she rate you as he/she did, but those higher up, who – more... give a final rating during a caliberation process, does not. Interesrtingly, you are then ask whether you accept or not and give comment. What can you say when you don’t know why those higher up rate you worse when your direct boss give you a “good”! – less
AIG is not the same after their big fall from grace....
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), NJJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: made friends with some good coworkers
Cons: haven't seen a raise in years.....
Many luxuries were taken away from the employees such as company picnic, Christmas party, happy hours the mood itself and raises. It's the little people who worked hard who have to pay unfortunately.

Raises were taken away and if you got a bonus you were lucky because you had to be put into a bracket, 1 (being the best), 2, 3, 4, 5 and they made it – more... so someone had to be in every number even if you did your job you could still get a bad number, bad decision.

If you were lucky you got under a manager who actually cared and cut you some slack, but those were few and far in between.

A lot of work now is being sent overseas and layoffs are continuously happening. – less
Great learning experience
Credit Risk Modeler (Former Employee), Evansville, INJanuary 22, 2014
This was the first job where I was able to apply the skills I learned through my college education and learn new skills.
Poor Senior Leadership in Global Services
VP (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 20, 2014
Not very employee friendly! Directions change, senior leadership turnover is a result, senior leaders cannot work together.
Good firm to work for but a bit disorganized
Senior IA Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYJanuary 19, 2014
Great co workers to have. New management makes it difficult to function as a group.
great job
Financial Analyst with Sales (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 16, 2014
I would recommend working here. Excellent work/life balance. Job was very challenging and complex. Pay was good. I was a good producer so they left me alone. Coworkers were easy to get along with.

About American International Group

Even to this day American International Group (AIG) is one of the world's largest insurance firms. While it held the spotlight – Read more

American International Group Photos