American International Group

American International Group Employer Reviews

Challenging and fun workplace
HR Vendor Management Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 17, 2014
Challenging and fun workplace. You will get to work with very smart and hardworking professionals.
Positive WorkPlace
Websphere Administrator (Former Employee), Livingston, NJMarch 15, 2014
Pros: not heavy work
Normal typical Work
LDAP, Firewalls, DMZ
Manger is good
Team Work
Cool envirnonment
I used to love this job!
Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 14, 2014
Pros: free dinner and car service after 7 pm
Cons: longer than normal hours
The work volume is extremely high. I respect my manager and co-workers. I enjoy meeting with my direct reports once a week for an hour to train, cross train, trade ideas, distribute work, etc. We usually meet in a relaxed "family dinner table" type setting. As a manager, I am in meetings all of the time. This is my way of showing them that I am engaged – more... in their work and I am not faceless. They work for me because they want to not because they have to. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the constant lay off rumors set forth to negatively drive productivity. There are no teams. There are people who will do ANYTHING to keep their jobs. If I wanted that type of culture, I would have gone into commision sales. – less
Good Old Boys Club
Sr. Facilities Space Planner & Project Manager (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 14, 2014
Pros: experience and lessons learned
Cons: very traditional, no integrity, shady business practices
I worked in the Facilities Department and had a great work experience that helped me to develop my skills, however was faced with challenges when trying to advance. Very shady and unethical business practices within the group. No integrity existed - hence their collapse
Was once a great company
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJMarch 14, 2014
Pros: pto
Cons: might merge into a department with a manager who is uncomfortable with you.
Needs more diversity and better employee moral culture is doom and gloom. Culture and review process has created a cut throat environment.
Good work environment
Database and Application Developer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: the work experience was satisfying and appreciated by the management.
Cons: the down turn in economy caused work force reduction and ended my job there.
The management was very receptive and open to my input to automate the task daily tasks by group of CPAs. My work helped to streamline and automate many tasks.
Only if nothing else is available
Senior Underwriter (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WiMarch 10, 2014
Pros: decent wages
Cons: everything else
Heavy caseload, unrealistic deadlines. No raises. Yearly evaluations pit all employee's against one another. Very toxic environment.
Productive and fun place to work.
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee), Neptune City, NJMarch 10, 2014
Pros: in house cafeteria.
Cons: healthcare
Challenging position with a lot of coworkers and vendors interaction.
Extensive training on sales of financial products.
ICM Financial Advisor Group (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 9, 2014
Worked well with sales trainers and passed FINRA exams. Attended major local events while demonstrating sales tactics.
A wonderful company to work for!!!
Financial Service Associate I (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAMarch 6, 2014
I love everything about this company. The people are super helpful management works with your schedule and understands that things happen in life. Very happy to be a part of this organization.
Business Analyst/Project Coordinator
Project Coordinator/Business Analyst-Consultant (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 3, 2014
Pros: being challenged and learning something new everyday
Cons: healthcare, contract employee
I begin my work day by identifying any tasks that need to be completed for the Global Service Desk Project. Since I am one of the key personnel working on this project, its up to me to make sure that tasks are done correctly and on time.

What I've learned by working on this project is that you have to be able to manage your time effectively.

I enjoy – more... my co workers because each one of them brings something different in terms of expertise to the project.

The hardest part of my job is sometimes the cultural barrier when dealing with the international sites. It's extremely hard working on strict timelines for tasks with certain international locations because of the lack of sense of urgency on their part at times.

The most enjoyable part of my job is collaborating with my peers and being challenged everyday. – less
Claims Administration Claims Ops Analyst II/III (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 3, 2014
Pros: very flexable
-Great Company to work for . I work at the company for 25 years
Enjoyable work environment with a variety of customers
Desktop Support contractor not an AIG Employee (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 1, 2014
Pros: interacting with all sorts of nationalities of people and fixing their issues.
Cons: i was limited to a steady lunch break but that was really the only adjustment i had to make.
Check my voice mail and e-mail for any updates on tickets that were pending some sort of response from the end user. If I had any new info via e-mail or voice mail, I would follow up with the user and do what was necessary to close their "incident" or "service request". Then, login into my help desk or desktop support queue and review any newly assigned – more... tickets to me.
If I had any new tickets, I would then make a phone call and e-mail attempt to contact the user to get a better description of their issue and how we could schedule getting together to resolve it. I would resolve issues related to users not being able to print or access their network drives. I was also involved in setting up new employees desktops or laptops with their specified rights, applications and so forth. I would get incident tickets were I would have to upgrade a users rights or upgrade their software. I had access to Bomgar a remote desktop tool we used to attempt to solve the issue at my desk, if not, I would then contact them and go to their location to resolve the issue. The hardest part was when customers could access a program or print something and then all of the sudden they couldn't. The way I dealt with that was with a calm voice try to understand what happened before the issue started and assure them that if I could not resolve it then, that I had another tech on-site who could help me resolve it. The most enjoyable part was when a user would have something break of something they couldn't normally do on their daily routine and being able to fix it and have them give me a special thanks. – less
ok
Sr Business Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: tele-commuting
Cons: they outsource too much responsiblities
they don't care about their employees, they are trying save money by jeopardizing the customers satisfaction
Substandard and Unprofessional
Unit Manager, Automobile No-Fault (Former Employee), Chadds Ford, PAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: paycheck did not bounce and major medical insurance was available
Cons: everything else
Unreasonable case load, ill defined expectations, emotionally and verbally abusive management at the branch level.
A TPA that allowed growing and teaching
Medical Only Adjuster (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: working for aig
Cons: not working for cmi
This is where I learned my lost time claims and how to view claims from initial to closure. Co-worker were very nice to get allow with. I was sadden when AIG lost the Wal-Mart account to CMI.
Excellent time to understand how to rebrand
Operational Risk Assistant Director (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 19, 2014
AIG is going through a period of re-branding itself and so it has been very interesting time to work at AIG.
Good opportunity for varied project and tool set growth
Senior Enterprise Risk Management Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 16, 2014
As a company that is moving forward and once again advancing after the fallout of the financial crisis, there are many opportunities and projects that present themselves to associates that would not typically be available within industry peers. I personally gained a great deal of experience in a variety of deliverables that would be atypical at other – more... insurance / financial firms. – less
Strong Company
Senior Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2014
Very good company, co-works are excellent within their fields.
Not as it appears to be
Licensed Insurance Agent-45 States (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 9, 2014
I was super excited when I got this job. The training was fun.
Once I was offically in the position all your calls were monitored
by management. It was encouraged to talk fast, dont pause.
You were required to follow a script word for word. The script was misleading
and customers didnt realize what they were buying.
Horrible experience. If you didnt – more... sell they called you lazy. – less

About American International Group

Even to this day American International Group (AIG) is one of the world's largest insurance firms. While it held the spotlight – Read more

American International Group Photos