American International Group

American International Group Employer Reviews

fun working and gained some knowledge
Sr Linux/Solaris Administrator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: health care
good place to work

Unix System Administration with extensive experience in Solaris, HP-UX, Redhat Linux, SUSE, Ubuntu and Windows (XP,2000/2003) Administration.
• Experience in supporting Systems connected to SAN and NAS devices like EMC CLariions and Celerra and NetApp NAS devices.
Adjuster Assistant, Subrogation Adjuster (Former Employee), Chadds Ford, PAJune 6, 2014
I went from working in clerical to a claims adjuster over several years. I learned a lot as this was my first job. AIG made it a fun workplace.
AIG
Producer Care Representative (Current Employee), Brentwood, TNJune 5, 2014
Challenging is an understatement. Insurance is acomplex animal with various temperments. Please have patience
AIG is a truly mutlinational company that faces the issues such organizations have including a multiplicity of regulators
Assistant Director & Liaison Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 5, 2014
Until September of 2012, AIG was subject to the many US state insurance regulators as well as various international regulators in the countries in which the Group operates.

With the arrival of the Federal Reserve Bank as a regulator at that time the task of meeting standards was increased substantially in that the Fed was new to the concept of regulating – more... a non-banking financial institution. – less
Great hours poor managers
Senior Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 29, 2014
7 hour work week was really nice
Was able to move up in the company
There was no formal training and have to learn as you go
Had a great time with all the Co-Workers
slow paced and lackluster
Correspondence Analyst II (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMay 28, 2014
not the best job ive ever had. i didnt enjoy much here. you were encouraged to stay in your cubicle and not to interact with people outside of that and it was frowned upon to talk to people around you.
productive
Dotnet Developer (Former Employee), Farmington, CTMay 22, 2014
Pros: ..
Cons: ..
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization with operations in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers – more... of life insurance and retirement services around the world. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, as well as the stock exchanges in Ireland and Tokyo. – less
Fun working environment
Websphere Administrator (Former Employee), Livingston, NJMay 21, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: health care
Team Work.

There is always new challenges and new Tools...but there were challenges.
Extremely challenging and dynamic industry
Insurance Claims Adjuster II (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 21, 2014
Pros: great management and professional environment
Cons: in need of additional adjusters to handle extreme workload
Great management and community minded company. Workload too great at times for each adjuster. Requires flexibility and dedication in order to be successful.
Nice Benefits, Low Pay
UNDERWRITING ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Stevens Point, WIMay 20, 2014
Ample vacation time, generous pension and 401(k), etc. but base pay was quite low for the type of work and mandatory overtime is starting to become a fixture.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAMay 20, 2014
Co-workers made working here great and there was plenty of work to do in the beginning
ABC
Temporary jobs (Former Employee), Nashville TnMay 15, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Being sensitive to my clients and team mate’s needs, and delivering superior service are genuine concerns of mine. I take great satisfaction in working with clients to ensure repetitive business and generate referrals to enhance my employer’s reputation.
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Operations Processor (Broker Dealer) (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, employee, discounts, shows appreciation to employees
Cons: repetitive/redundant tasks. everyday is the same.
Working for AIG has been a blessing. I have acquired a lot of various skills that I truly appreciate, especially as a recent collage graduate. These skills include learning new software such as Sharepoint, Salesforce, NETX360, FEI, Docupaste, and others. I have also learned a great deal about Retail and IRA Accounts, yearly contributions, distributions, – more... mutual funds and various other types of financial securities. A typical workday normally consists of reviewing, processing and following up on various brokerage and non brokerage account requests, such as account maintenance, transfers, and follow up responsibilities through interacting with the clearing house, sponsor companies, financial advisors and other 3rd party entities. I also work closely with IT, compliance and our finance department to continually maintain the firm’s books & records system. Since I have been working at AIG, management has been great. They work very closely with us to ensure that we have everything necessary to fulfill our responsibilities. My coworkers are also outstanding! Considering that I am fresh out of college with minimum experience and has yet to acquire many of the skills that they had from working for AIG for years, they really took it upon themselves to make sure that the transition for me was smooth. Any time I had a questions, they were always willing to help with no problem. Many of them also had a great sense of humor, which helped the day go by. The hardest part of the job for me is its repetitive nature. However, because of the redundant tasks, I was able to catch on very quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people I work with. If not for management and my coworkers, the job could not be as enjoyable. – less
The current theme is cut employees to increase the bottom line
Production Associate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 9, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no direction or security
There is little to no formal training. For the past 11 years I have had the same job more or less, but learned all jobs within 3 departments. But since Florida's economy doesn't allow for us to bring in more money I have not been allowed to be promoted from within.
Great to work for
Senior Premium Auditor (Former Employee), VirginiaApril 30, 2014
AIG is great to work for and I would love to still be there. Because of the company lay-offs, I was let go. I understand that it was a business decision and they were always more than fair to me.
Annuities
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXApril 28, 2014
Answered questions about balance and interest rate. Sent out correspondence/statements. Gave general advice about what they should do with their retirement. Advise of rules and guidelines of having an annuity.
Can be alot of fun some days
Distributions Processor (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXApril 28, 2014
Pros: free sodas
Cons: long work days. no time for family life or time to develop outside of work
Management is ok and they do seem to want to see you succed. The mandtory OT almost every day is really hard. Very hard to go to school while working every day except Sunday. Most dys are 10-12 hr days.
Company that welcomes career growth
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 27, 2014
Pros: adaptable to work start times; opportunities of career advancement
Cons: commute
Professional work environment with a small company feeling. The department and coworkers I have are an extension of my family. Managers are flexible with start times due to family concerns and commute. Unfortunately, with the quarterly deadlines, which causes for long work hours, and the long commute it requires a lot of time away from my immediate – more... family. – less
Very Good
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 18, 2014
Very Good working experience. Very good working environment.
Productive Workplace with Great Employees.
Claims Technician/Adjuster/Team Lead (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits, working from home.
Cons: poor incentives, low morale.
A typical day of a technician consisted of creating claims for adjusters. As an adjuster I reviewed the claims and determined liability for both commercial auto and liability. As a team lead I supported a group of payment technicians that were able to process checks for the adjusters. Co-workers were always kind; we became somewhat like a family. I – more... still stay in contact with many of them. – less

About American International Group

Even to this day American International Group (AIG) is one of the world's largest insurance firms. While it held the spotlight – Read more

American International Group Photos