American Kennel Club Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Excellent company with excellent benefits.
Executive Field Agent (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 11, 2018
Excellent environment, great support from office director and department heads; great instructional support. Great benefits package. Being a 5013c allowed this company to offer s top benefits package to its employees. As a Field Agent, I was exposed to many different situations and chalkenges. I scheduled my own customer visits, basing each one on either routine or instructional. Authored all of my own club presentations. My territory covered five southeastern states,
Pros
Very good expense account for travel.
Cons
I could find none.
Fine if all you want is a paycheck every other week
Senior IT Business Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 17, 2017
Small company, very "cliquish". No room for advancement. IT is a joke now that the original management team is gone. Very old school, rigid rural mentality with those in leadership. Generally speaking the employees are friendly. Just about all the mgmt staff worked have been there 20+ years and come up through the ranks and they all have a Napoleon complex.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
cliques
N/a
Senior Correspondent (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 3, 2014
Enjoyable job and co-workers, management left a lot to be desired.
Average Non-profit
Employee (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 10, 2013
Layoffs of almost 40% of workforce in the last 4 years. Severely understaffed resulting in excessively heavy workload. Continual reduction in benefits. High stress environment.
Pros
Clients are delightful!
Cons
"Command and control" method of management.
Appreciate the opportunity
Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2013
My first job. Got to use what I learn from school. Also learn from the job. People were very nice.
Someone who actually worked in the office
Admin (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 21, 2013
It's a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde company. It's great but yet horrible. You will love your co-workers but you will very frustrated with those who are higher up on the ladder (the board of directors).

If you are looking for a company that shows ANY employee appreciation, look elsewhere. Each department has a different set of rules (time off, dress code, etc) and it is very frustrating.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
pay is under what you should make, benefits, lack of morale
Very comfortable work environment for a call canter
Customer Service Animal Recovery (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 4, 2013
Very comfortable work environment for a call canter. Work mainly was answering phones and helping pet owners recover lost pets. Also maintain records of owners and their pets, and enrolling new clients for our animal recovery services.
Pros
assisting akc customers
Cons
rules and procedures could be more stable (and supported)
Must Love Dogs
Volunteer Therapy Dog Trainer (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 11, 2012
At least once a week I would take my dog out to this dog friendly outdoor mall. I would encourage people, especially kids, to pet her. The hardest part is when my Great Dane was starting off as a 3 month old puppy and wanted to explore rather than train. The most enjoyable was watching a lot of kids get excited at seeing such a large puppy.
Informative meetings
Delegate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2012
I represent the NCDC Kennel Club for the AKC. I attend meetings and elect officers.
Love working with puppies
Kennel worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2012
I really love to work with dogs. I would go to work and wouldnt want to go home. I really love helping my coworkers in anyway i can,
Pros
listening to music on brake time
Cons
short brakes