American Kidney Services Employee Reviews

Productive & fun workplace, friendly workers
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOMay 1, 2017
Working for American Kidney Services is an amazing job. The material is easy to learn & it's a relaxing environment, I would personally go back if their were more hours
Pros
Relaxed environment.. Easy to learn material..
Cons
Not enough hours
Comission
Phone Rep (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 25, 2017
phone calls to residents informing them of donations pick ups in the area.explaining what could and could not be donated . informing them of a reminder call the day before and to mark bags boxes with AKS
Cons
Comission Pay
nice job for college students
Donations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GAFebruary 15, 2017
this company pay is not great but overall a great company.... i had this job while in college it was good for a little extra cash and to have something to do in spare time. but this particular position is not something to try and make a living off of
Pros
its at your own pace
Cons
low pay
Great company
Scheduling Representative (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GAJanuary 31, 2017
This company is a great company to work for if youre looking for a flexible schedule part time job. It was a fun learning experience.
Requesting gently used clothing, electronics an household items
Solicitor (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GASeptember 7, 2016
My supervisor was very hands on, helpful and personable. When she was not available, whoever was in place was the same way. The position was easy to perform and I worked from the comforts of home. The ONLY issue was the pay. Pay was determined by the number of successful pickups. Thirty-two or more pickups per week, you earned $3 per pickup. Under thirty-two, your pay drops drastically.

I feel that this position would be much better if the pay was set at a set rate or go to a set rate.
Pros
work from home, flexible hours
Cons
Pay is contingent on successful pickups
Nice job to make a little extra money but not make a living.
Scheduling Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2016
I intend to work with AKS for the commission based pay it's fine. I enjoy some of the people talking to me like they know me. I'm friendly and some of them are too. Just wish the call list be given to different people like a different call list for different area. Some people think I called them already and I mark them that been called by a different person. If someone wants to be removed, it's okay to ask why but if u get no answer then just remove them. Note it and move on.
Pros
Nice in home job to earn a little extra money. I work around my own schedule.
Cons
There are calls made. People are nice and rude. Understand to not call around holidays.
Horrible
Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2015
I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone only if they was in desperate need of a job. it a waste of time. Management was so rude and wasn't helpful at all
Too much work and not enough pay
Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GA/ My HomeJuly 24, 2015
I would spend all day on the phone trying to contact a list full of donors trying to set appointment dates for them to re-donate..I was paid based on my successful appointments..But, a lot of people were saying how they had just donated a bunch of stuff weeks prior, so I really think it was just a waste of my time.
Contacting potential donors to schedule pickup of their household items.
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 13, 2015
Making approximately 100 calls per day from lead generated sheets.

I learned that people are pretty nice in helping somone out with donations.

I only dealt with a supervisor who was not very competent in her supervising techniques.

I did not have to deal with co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was that the lead sheets had not been scrubbed for disconnects, wrong numbers and do not call listings.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help get donations for people who are in dire need of help.
Pros
Being able to help people.
Cons
Some weeks I would not get any lead sheets from my supervisor.
I like working for American Kidney Services.
Telephone Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 5, 2015
This is the job for people who love working from home. I love the fact that my part-time schedule allows me the flexibility I need in my life.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Pay is dictated by the whims of donors.
Easy job/ low pay
Telephone Representative (Former Employee) –  atlanta, gaMarch 29, 2015
The work was pretty easy, call previous donors and schedule pickups, work 3-4 hours a day making calls, however, you are only paid per pickup which can be the down side.
Hardest part was the amount of pressure to get pickups from upper management, while getting paid less than a dollar per pickup.
They also did not remove donors who previously asked to get taken off the list, so you may call people who where very ugly after being asked 3 or more times to be taken off even if they have a reason.
called people for donations
phone solicter (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOSeptember 17, 2014
I liked making calls and asking for donations. But it just does not pay very well in my book
Pros
you worked when you wanted to
Cons
no health care at all
n/a
Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2014
This company is a non profit organization, there for the pay was low. It was commission only, i got very little money.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low Pay
at home
Image Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Union City, GaAugust 9, 2014
I learned about donations and how they are coordinated. You have to be a self starter and it takes patience.
Amazing Job
Executive Assistant/Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 28, 2014
• Process company payroll.
• Accounts payable/receivable.
• Handle all marketing to include: setting up online and newspaper ads, promotional flyers and coupons.
• Recruit new employees. Handle hiring and terminations.
• Supervise a group of employees to make sure all quotas and goals are met.
• Negotiate and/or terminate contracts with all outside vendors.
• Orders and maintain supplies. Arrange for equipment maintenance.
• Reconcile store sales receipts.
• Conducts research, compiles, and types statistical reports.
Very Convenient
Solicitor (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GAApril 17, 2014
I worked from home, so it was very convenient. I didn't have to be on the phone too long. I was able to get needed time off. The only drawback was the pay. Instead of being paid hourly, I was paid based on how many pick-ups I got.
Pros
At home
Cons
No benefits, low pay
Patience and humility
Solicitor (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GAMarch 25, 2014
I enjoy talking to people and developing a relationship with each donors.
Pros
Wok from home
Cons
pay per donations
Easy work from home position
Customer Service/Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2013
A typical evening at work consists of calling homeowners to schedule pick ups (house hold items) for resale which helps fund kidney disease research. My supervisor calls me nightly before I begin making calls to wish me luck and offers tips. She also calls at the end of my shift to gather scheduled pick ups. The hardest part is getting enough pick ups. The most enjoyable part is working from home. I've learned subtle techniques to allow homeowners to feel comfortable talking and ultimately get them to donate. I really enjoy calling and speaking with the homeowners.
Pros
work from home
worked from home.
Solicitor (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GAJuly 30, 2013
worked from home as a solicitor. called and asked for donations. There were very little hours.
Pros
worked from home.
Cons
no benefits, no hours, no advancement, and no raises.
Aks
Cold Calling/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  HomeMarch 26, 2013
I work from home part-time and am very disciplined. I cold call from a list of about 300 local donors. The people that I call already have donated and we are giving a courtesy call to let them know we will be in their area and to see if they would like to schedule a pick up. The hardest part of the job would be trying to meet my own personal goals. I work alone and that is not a problem at all. I enjoy it actually. I love speaking with different personalities and getiing smiles from people. I also love looking back at all of the work I have done all by myself. It feels great.