American Kidney Services

American Kidney Services Employer Reviews

n/a
Phone Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: low pay
This company is a non profit organization, there for the pay was low. It was commission only, i got very little money.
at home
Image Specialist I (Former Employee), Union City, GaAugust 9, 2014
I learned about donations and how they are coordinated. You have to be a self starter and it takes patience.
Amazing Job
Executive Assistant/Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 28, 2014
• Process company payroll.
• Accounts payable/receivable.
• Handle all marketing to include: setting up online and newspaper ads, promotional flyers and coupons.
• Recruit new employees. Handle hiring and terminations.
• Supervise a group of employees to make sure all quotas and goals are met.
• Negotiate and/or terminate contracts with all outside vendors.
• Orders and maintain supplies. Arrange for equipment maintenance.
• Reconcile store sales receipts.
• Conducts research, compiles, and types statistical reports.
Very Convenient
Solicitor (Former Employee), Doraville, GAApril 17, 2014
Pros: at home
Cons: no benefits, low pay
I worked from home, so it was very convenient. I didn't have to be on the phone too long. I was able to get needed time off. The only drawback was the pay. Instead of being paid hourly, I was paid based on how many pick-ups I got.
Patience and humility
Solicitor (Former Employee), Doraville, GAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: wok from home
Cons: pay per donations
I enjoy talking to people and developing a relationship with each donors.
Easy work from home position
Customer Service/Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2013
Pros: work from home
A typical evening at work consists of calling homeowners to schedule pick ups (house hold items) for resale which helps fund kidney disease research. My supervisor calls me nightly before I begin making calls to wish me luck and offers tips. She also calls at the end of my shift to gather scheduled pick ups. The hardest part is getting enough pick ups. The most enjoyable part is working from home. I've learned subtle techniques to allow homeowners to feel comfortable talking and ultimately get them to donate. I really enjoy calling and speaking with the homeowners.
worked from home.
Solicitor (Former Employee), Doraville, GAJuly 30, 2013
Pros: worked from home.
Cons: no benefits, no hours, no advancement, and no raises.
worked from home as a solicitor. called and asked for donations. There were very little hours.
AKS
Cold Calling/Scheduler (Current Employee), HomeMarch 26, 2013
I work from home part-time and am very disciplined. I cold call from a list of about 300 local donors. The people that I call already have donated and we are giving a courtesy call to let them know we will be in their area and to see if they would like to schedule a pick up. The hardest part of the job would be trying to meet my own personal goals. I work alone and that is not a problem at all. I enjoy it actually. I love speaking with different personalities and getiing smiles from people. I also love looking back at all of the work I have done all by myself. It feels great.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Doraville, GAJanuary 13, 2013
responsible for data entry and scheuled appointment for donations to be picked up