American Kiosk Management Employee Reviews in United States

No Job Security!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 15, 2016
Was told when I got hired that the kiosk inside my local mall was closing by mall management. Asked if that rumor was true and was told no by American Kiosk. Long story short the kiosk close with less than 24 hour notice and everyone got laid off. Worst company ever, all they care about is money. They do not care about their employees.
This Company Sucks
sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 15, 2016
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. They do not care about their employees as long as they're making sales.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Never paid my commision
Fun atmosphere, positive people.
MP&A Analyst (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 12, 2015
The only bad thing I can say about my job is that it is seasonal and coming to an end soon. I gained valuable experience with many advanced Excel functions. I have good, experienced people around me who trained me well. Just a positive place to work.
Pros
Great people, St. Jude donations
Cons
My position is seasonal
The best Job Ever
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 27, 2016
One of the best jobs ever! This company has some of the most loving and caring employees and HR dept. staff that will help you every step of the way.
Fun place to work at
Team Member- Freehold mall & Willow Brook mall (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 18, 2015
great company to work for. very fun environment. i loved working with all of the customers. the work place was very motivating.
a typical day at work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  houstonSeptember 18, 2015
try to increase sells, check new emails to see how my store was going, give train to other coworker if something is not going perfect,work hard to have a great day selling, do inventory and check product are up to date
Pros
great enviroment
day at work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  houstonSeptember 18, 2015
lovely, great team to work with, have inventory at time, do training and help any coworker with any problem, try to keep the store as the best for selling, and worry about customer inquires
American Kiosk Management (Proactive)
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 31, 2015
I started working for Proactive as a sales associate and quickly got promoted to team leader. The management as Proactive was very knowledgeable and always willing to help.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Learn about skin care
Staffing Issues
Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 24, 2015
Staffing locations can be difficult. Pay is not at par with market. No real support from upper management. People dont want to stay because they feel there is no advancement. It is a very easy job overall.
Pros
discount pay is on time
Cons
no work/life balance, high turnover
Product knowledge, great attitude and caring for customers concerns was the name of the game!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 29, 2014
We were always "changing lives" in my previous work. Guests with skin challenges were eager to find any kind help and/or knowledge on how our products could help them regain their self esteem, not get bullied at school, or just have clear skin on their wedding day. I did my best to fulfill their needs. Having my store merchandised to corporate standard, clean, organized and knowing what I was doing plus carrying a great attitude made those tasks easy to fulfill and very rewarding on a personal level. We worked as a team and enjoyed breaking our sales goals, or even crushing them!
Getting clear skin with interesting personalities
Proactiv (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 19, 2014
I learned about skin breakouts and how to properly take care of it for all different skin types. I met so many nice people by education them on proper skin care. I maintained a relationship with customers and experienced watching their confidence grow. My co-workers were very hilarious and completely different from one another, but what was the same was the attention each gave to a customer.
Going From the way Hickory Farms ran the company to American Kiosk style which was more interactive
Market Leader (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 27, 2014
This was the first year for American Kiosk running Hickory Farms label ..
Hiring and Training staff daily.
Hired people looking for a fun stress free environment for the holidays .They turned out for the most part to be great co-workers.
I had an Excellent Assistant running my top volume store .
Hiring people at the beginning of season was a struggle , as I said AKM was new to this type of company (seasonal).
Most enjoyable part was working one on one with the staff training them .
Pros
company was very interactive with stores and communications at the store level.
Cons
amount of time to get perspective employees hired in the system.
Great place to work if you enjoy working with the public
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 9, 2012
My typical day of work was sitting as a kiosk sending emails, dust shelves and consulting with customers about Proactiv products. We never worked under the supervision of the cart manager. the hardest part of the job was depositing the money into the bank which wasnt around the corner. But the it had to be done everynight so i did it.
Pros
working in the mall where i can shop
Cons
no one to cover my shift while i was on my break
Wonderful Surroundings
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 31, 2013
At AKM I learned it is very important to listen to the customers, make them feel you really do care about providing them with the best service. Let the customers feel that you are there to help and assist them with everything they need. Customers would also make me feel very great about myself just knowing that I helped them solve a big problem in there life,and making the customer happy always made me feel happy. When I would wake up in a not so great mood, then I would go into work at AKM my whole day would turn around!! The customers and I would have conversations and at the end of the day the customer and I felt alot better.
Pros
team meetings every sunday were great, the managers and team members would get together and do inventory together.
Cons
no lunch breaks
Very enjoyable job.
ProActiv (Former Employee) –  Fairfield CaliforniaNovember 6, 2012
I enjoyed working with this company. When I got to work I would check my registar to make sure the money was correct, and then would start helping customers with there skin care needs. I learned alot about skin care and how to upsell as well as talk to customers about sensitive topics such as acne. Management was very supportive and helpful they were always there to answer any questions.
So much fun
Proactive Solution (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 7, 2014
This was a fun job I loved working there I got to decorate cookie cakes. We baked regular cookies and cookie cakes. I t was a great environment to in. The customers were great. I have a very creative mine and love to draw so to learn how to draw with icing was great.
Pros
awesome manager. learned new thing
Cons
no growth
Very fun work area, nice people
Retail Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 8, 2013
Great co-workers everyone got along, a typical day at work for me was always a learning experience and great test. The hardest part was not having a set schedule, days changed and hours were never accurate. Management always had great hospitality.
Pros
great people, increible enviornmet, wonderful learning experrience
Cons
not having a very s\et schedule
It was a pleasure working for American Kiosk Management.
Sales Clerk/Kiosk Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 19, 2014
Sales Clerk/Kiosk Manager,Account for merchandise inventory,Managed organizational needs for the work place,Responsible for daily deposit drops,Held key holder position.
Pros
learning general knollege about skin care.
Cons
not many full time positions available.
Educate customers about our product
Proactiv (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMay 12, 2012
A typical day at Proactiv is opening up the cart, counting the cash drawer, checking emails, cleaning and restocking the shelves. Since working at Proactiv I've learned the different kinds of skin types to educate customers about our products and how it can help them. Management wasn't really effective. I basically play the role of manager of sending emails, being on phone calls, depositing night cash deposits, and making up work schedules. I didn't have direct interactions with my co-workers because it was one person worked shift at the kiosk. The hardest part of the job would be taking up the slack of my Cart Manager and doing her job. The most enjoyable part of the job would be educating first time customers about the product and giving a demonstration of how it can help their skin.
Pros
educating customers, making them feel good about our product, and how it can help their skin
Cons
doing the job of my cart manager
not a bad company to work for if you are an executive
corporate (Former Employee) –  las vegas nvSeptember 18, 2012
executives at corporate are over paid and they do not do enough most of them have no idea what they are doing and all the work ends up being done by the people that are paid the least you know things are bad when the VP doesn't know how to scan a document

American Kiosk Management Reviews by Location