American Laser Skincare Employee Reviews

Miss working for them
Network Admin / Support (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 5, 2018
Probably the best job of my career so far, it was high energy fun company to work for. Especially in the beginnings before the 2009 market crash that ultimately caused the companies demise.
student internship
Medical Esthetician/ Laser Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJanuary 16, 2018
My experience was amazing, I had tons of hands on experience with lasers and many more devices, the staff was very helpful and amazing at explaining how an average day goes, and how the office is coordinated. I had an great experience!
Pros
Very proffesional
pushy, rushed, low quality
Aesthetician, Laser Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2017
It was all about pushing clients into buying promises that won't be delivered because they company kept changing ownership & the appoint tents were scheduled so close together that it was absolutely impossible to give anyone even half the time they required in order to treat them properly & sanitize afterwards. We never got to take breaks- not even to eat.
Pros
many hours, decent pay
Cons
dirty, stressful, low quality, no breaks
Positive environment
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 12, 2017
This company was a great company to have had worked for in my five years of employment. I was saddened that the company had to close their doors due to difficult times. I learned many skills and knowledge of the medical aesthetic world as in upselling, sanitation, operating lasers and performing procedures under safe protocol.
Pros
team environment, competitive pay with benefits
Cons
constant pressure to make quota
great
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 12, 2017
Company filed bankruptcy. Too many ideas and services thrown in too fast. A lot of hours working. No life....but great rewards. Upper management only verbally supportive.
Terrible place to work!
Clinical Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 7, 2017
The management in the clinic that I worked for was terrible. She was rude, thankless and always had something bad to say. I had to perform duties that were not in my job description such as marketing for no extra pay.
Great Team Environment
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLMarch 3, 2017
Great place to work until unfortunately they filed Chapter 7 due to losses on a national level. Our office top 3% in sales in country
Horrible company overall!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 24, 2016
I have nothing good to say about this company. They had no ethics, did not care about their customers..only their money. The work/life balance was non exsistant.
Cons
Great place but closed unexpectedly
Clinic Manager/Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 10, 2015
management of employees and sales, making daily/weekly/monthly numbers, consults. loved all my clients and got to know a lot of them on personal basis, hated they closed this place unexpectedly. would have loved to grow even more with this place.
Great experience
Nurse Injector and Laser Technician. (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 28, 2015
Great experience and great clientele. Fun to go to work and do what you love. It seems less likely to call it a job when it's so fun
Like Family
Customer Service Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIApril 28, 2015
This was a great place to work, learn and grow. The atmosphere was inviting. HR made sure that everyone there felt important and needed. The CEO knew you by name and was always approachable, believed in being transparency for himself as well as the company. He encouraged employees to own their parts in making the company great as members of the company not just the corporate office.
Pros
Knowledge from other departments to help you grow
Cons
They Closed
Company closed filing bankruptcy
Clinic Manager / Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 5, 2015
The only positive you will find is that their payroll checks don’t bounce. If your career/job goals are so low that your only requirement is to get paid for the hours you work, then you should be okay, at least for the near-term. Keep in mind, if you can’t pressure-sell and hound your current clients to the point of harassment, then you won’t be kept long enough to collect many of those paychecks. Ultimately, if this job will prevent you from being homeless, then you should probably take it. But be warned: don’t stop looking for your next job.

Cons

I too read all of these awful reviews of the company and naively dismissed them (huge mistake) thinking my success at all of my previous jobs would prove that I can achieve more than the person I replaced, that I could sift through the dysfunction and shine like I always have. Well, I was wrong. Your location like most will be a very small staff with virtually no corporate support for leads or new business. In other words, you’re on your own. And by “on your own”, I mean you, as Clinic Manager, you will have to answer the phone (you are also the receptionist), schedule/reschedule patient appointments, manage your small staff, read literally hundreds of pointless emails per day, open and close the office, reconcile the daily numbers and then in those magical four to six hours per day that don’t exist, go door knocking to area businesses to try to siphon off a few of their clients all the while your direct competitors are filling up the airways and internet with advertising and taking up the lion’s share of the viable new
  more... clients. That's just a sneak peek into your first day, but guess what, if sounded okay, then ask yourself can you do it six days a week? Can you put up with insanity for 50 hours per week? How about 60? Guess what, it’s the end of the month and you’re below your arbitrary profit goal (artificially inflated) so you need to come in on Sunday too. It’s dysfunction like I’ve never seen and likely will never see again. It’s toxic! Lastly, most of the clinics are run down and there’s no money to fix them, obviously, since they can’t even advertise. Best of luck, hopefully you have other options to consider. If you don’t, my advice is to keep looking because it’s hard to look for another job and interview when you’re working 60 hours a week.  less
Fun call center atmosphere
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMarch 26, 2015
calling making consulatations for new clients and selling services good company but went bankrupt right before christmas
Not happy with how I was treated as an employee.
Medical Esthetician/Laser Technician (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAMarch 2, 2015
We were over booked and overworked. Short lunch breaks at random times of the day, usually only when a client canceled. We were not given raises as often as we should. Management was not professional. The company went under and left all employees to fend for themselves without warning.
Worked hard as a whole team
Head Esthetician/Laser Technician (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYJanuary 6, 2015
I worked at a medical clinic as the head laser technician. I was trained on all the machines as well as the services that the company provided. My co-workers and I worked great as a team. We did our best to help each of our clients and there needs.The most rewarding part about my job is helping people feel good about themselves in side and out.
Energetic and fun atmoshere to be in
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIDecember 23, 2014
Every day was different. Making clients look and feel good was our top priority. Everyone worked as a team and set their own individual daily goals.
Pros
Making Clients Happy
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIDecember 16, 2014
Initially my schedule was from 3:00 PM - 12:00 AM. However that changed quickly as I advanced to join the customer service team and the hours for that department was from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. The hours were great either way. Normally there wasn't much room to advance but I soon learned that with the right skills and determination even if there's no job one can be created for you. That's just what happened here. Within four to six months a job was created for me and I was promoted to the Assistant Manager of Corporate Customer Service. I was able to enroll in school and complete my goals while using the skills I was learning in school to better the company.
It was a great place to work.
Medical Esthetician, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 12, 2014
We had a very strong set of girls that worked for the company. We were expected to meet daily sale quotas while going through our day to day operations. Performing treatments, managing patient files, confirming appointments, maintaining all equipment " maintenance and trouble shooting if needed", cold calling patients if needed, out bound marketing etc.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that we all got along and enjoyed what we did.
Pros
Great co-workers and clients
Cons
Short Breaks
Loved my job
Paramedical Aesthetician/Laser Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CODecember 12, 2014
I really enjiyed working here. I just wish the company could have made it.
Pros
Leared alot
Cons
Time there was short.
Great Atmosphere, wonderful co-workers.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIDecember 8, 2014
The team building was second nature to us all. It was a fun environment and it started from the CEO down to all staff members.
Sadly this company filed for Chapter 7.