American Laser Skincare

American Laser Skincare Employee Reviews

Like Family
Customer Service Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Farmington, MIApril 28, 2015
Pros: Knowledge from other departments to help you grow
Cons: They Closed
This was a great place to work, learn and grow. The atmosphere was inviting. HR made sure that everyone there felt important and needed. The CEO knew you by name and was always approachable, believed in being transparency for himself as well as the company. He encouraged employees to own their parts in making the company great as members of the company not just the corporate office.
COMPANY CLOSED FILING BANKRUPTCY
Clinic Manager / Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 5, 2015
The only positive you will find is that their payroll checks don’t bounce. If your career/job goals are so low that your only requirement is to get paid for the hours you work, then you should be okay, at least for the near-term. Keep in mind, if you can’t pressure-sell and hound your current clients to the point of harassment, then you won’t be kept long enough to collect many of those paychecks. Ultimately, if this job will prevent you from being homeless, then you should probably take it. But be warned: don’t stop looking for your next job.

Cons

I too read all of these awful reviews of the company and naively dismissed them (huge mistake) thinking my success at all of my previous jobs would prove that I can achieve more than the person I replaced, that I could sift through the dysfunction and shine like I always have. Well, I was wrong. Your location like most will be a very small staff with virtually no corporate support for leads or new business. In other words, you’re on your own. And by “on your own”, I mean you, as Clinic Manager, you will have to answer the phone (you are also the receptionist), schedule/reschedule patient appointments, manage your small staff, read literally hundreds of pointless emails per day, open and close the office, reconcile the daily numbers and then in those magical four to six hours per day that don’t exist, go door knocking to area businesses to try to siphon off a few of their clients all the while your direct competitors are filling up the airways and internet with advertising and taking up the lion’s share of the viable new – more... clients. That's just a sneak peek into your first day, but guess what, if sounded okay, then ask yourself can you do it six days a week? Can you put up with insanity for 50 hours per week? How about 60? Guess what, it’s the end of the month and you’re below your arbitrary profit goal (artificially inflated) so you need to come in on Sunday too. It’s dysfunction like I’ve never seen and likely will never see again. It’s toxic! Lastly, most of the clinics are run down and there’s no money to fix them, obviously, since they can’t even advertise. Best of luck, hopefully you have other options to consider. If you don’t, my advice is to keep looking because it’s hard to look for another job and interview when you’re working 60 hours a week. – less
Fun call center atmosphere
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIMarch 26, 2015
calling making consulatations for new clients and selling services good company but went bankrupt right before christmas
Not happy with how I was treated as an employee.
Medical Esthetician/Laser Technician (Former Employee), Peabody, MAMarch 2, 2015
We were over booked and overworked. Short lunch breaks at random times of the day, usually only when a client canceled. We were not given raises as often as we should. Management was not professional. The company went under and left all employees to fend for themselves without warning.
Worked hard as a whole team
Head Esthetician/Laser Technician (Former Employee), Plainview, NYJanuary 6, 2015
I worked at a medical clinic as the head laser technician. I was trained on all the machines as well as the services that the company provided. My co-workers and I worked great as a team. We did our best to help each of our clients and there needs.The most rewarding part about my job is helping people feel good about themselves in side and out.
Energetic and fun atmoshere to be in
Clinic Manager (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIDecember 23, 2014
Pros: making clients happy
Every day was different. Making clients look and feel good was our top priority. Everyone worked as a team and set their own individual daily goals.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIDecember 16, 2014
Initially my schedule was from 3:00 PM - 12:00 AM. However that changed quickly as I advanced to join the customer service team and the hours for that department was from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. The hours were great either way. Normally there wasn't much room to advance but I soon learned that with the right skills and determination even if there's no job one can be created for you. That's just what happened here. Within four to six months a job was created for me and I was promoted to the Assistant Manager of Corporate Customer Service. I was able to enroll in school and complete my goals while using the skills I was learning in school to better the company.
It was a great place to work.
Medical Esthetician, Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIDecember 12, 2014
Pros: great co-workers and clients
Cons: short breaks
We had a very strong set of girls that worked for the company. We were expected to meet daily sale quotas while going through our day to day operations. Performing treatments, managing patient files, confirming appointments, maintaining all equipment " maintenance and trouble shooting if needed", cold calling patients if needed, out bound marketing etc.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that we all got along and enjoyed what we did.
Loved my job
Paramedical Aesthetician/Laser Technician (Former Employee), Lakewood, CODecember 12, 2014
Pros: leared alot
Cons: time there was short.
I really enjiyed working here. I just wish the company could have made it.
Great Atmosphere, wonderful co-workers.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIDecember 8, 2014
The team building was second nature to us all. It was a fun environment and it started from the CEO down to all staff members.
Sadly this company filed for Chapter 7.
fun atmoshpere
Inside Sales Agent (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIDecember 4, 2014
Pros: hour lunch, bonus oppotunities, good pay
Cons: comapny went oof business unexpectedly
typical work day consist of taking inbound calls and converting those calls into free consultation appointments. the most enjoyable part of the day was being able to work with a wonderful group of people everyday
A place to ENJOY going to work everyday!
Assistant Manager/Esthetican/Laser Technician (Former Employee), Webster, TXNovember 26, 2014
Pros: relaxed but expected environment, amazing and dedicated client base, affordable on all budgets, good pay, lots of education given and refreshed when needed, reconition for a job well done
Cons: expected to throw 2-3 vip client parties monthly, short notice on changing protcols, ect, ; refferal program and refund system is slooooooow
Despite the horrid fact they shut down, mid-day with little to no time to gather personal belongings, contact clients and un-employ hundreds of professionals nationwide within a 45 minutes conf.call, it was a great place and I enjoyed my short time there. Many opportunities to make additional money with weekly/monthly contest and have great benefits. Sales aren't too pressured and client results are awesome!
Great enviroment to learn and grow professionally
Call Center Manager/ Outsource Vendor Manager (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MINovember 24, 2014
I worked for American Laser Skincare for 9+ years and I loved every minute of it. I grew with the company and learned invaluable lessons. I was lucky enough to work with the best and I can truly say I enjoyed coming to work every day.
Great Place
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Farmington Hills MiNovember 22, 2014
Loved working here! Felt very valued as an employee. Sorry they closed
Enjoyable Professional Workplace
Assistant Manager, Esthetician, Laser Technician (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free treatments
Cons: heathcare wasn't to good
My job had a long list of responsibilities, my coworkers called me the Jack of all trades there. There wasn't a task i couldn't handle or a job that got left unfinished. I was Management plus I was a technician. I did treatment as well as all the marketing, sales, and making sure all the customers were happy.
Great staff to work with, patient were also great to work with
Assistant Manager/Esthetician (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLNovember 17, 2014
Company went out of business. Generally speaking great industry and the aspect of the company kept me there.
Amazing company great pay and benefits NO job security
Aesthetician/Assistant Clinic Manager (Former Employee), Lakewood, CONovember 17, 2014
Before the company seized operations this week I was extremely happy with my career. I hope that someone purchases the company very soon.
Place is dump
Doctor (Former Employee), IllinoisNovember 16, 2014
This place is a dump !
That's why they filled bankruptcy the staff --technicians and mangers rip clients off left and right to hit there bonus lie to them the technicians think they are doctors and nurses try do manage burns choose laser settings and treat patients with out appropriate evaluation. Too many law suits and the state suing caught up to them ! Karma is a ..... Good luck finding a new job !!
n/a
Market Research (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 16, 2014
Pros: free treatments, products.
Company became bankrupt. Upper management was not successful in raising revenue for potential investors.
good company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Stockton, CANovember 16, 2014
Pros: free treatments
Cons: high pressure for sales
pressue for high sales is high. Good with flexible hours. The good thing is you can get a lot of the treatments done for free

1 2 3