American Laser Skincare

American Laser Skincare Employer Reviews

Fast paced
Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 19, 2014
Pros: i learned about lasers
Cons: hectic
I am no longer with this company. At the time they were going through a transition with management. I found it unorganized.
Love being a vendor for the company.
RN/Technician (Current Employee), Elk GroveMarch 4, 2014
Work with my P&G team to get great sales these past few years. Have had positive experiences each year.
A great learning experience for me
Clinic Manager (Current Employee), Sterling, VAJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: days off with pay
Cons: i sometimes have to put in 13+ hour days.
There is no such thing as a "typical day" at American Laser! I love that fact that every day has its own personality and I set the tone here for my techs and for my day. I do my admin work for the first few hours of my day and then I can talk to clients about treatments and challenges with their skin, I give them idea's and offer them treatments and – more... services based on their concerns. I follow up on clients from previous week to make sure they are thought of. I focus on sales all afternoon and call clients that once came in for services, but haven't been back for over 3 months. That is a typical day primarily.
I have learned so much here. I went from a technician, to a Clinic Manager so I've had to learn how to accommodate everyone, Be a great listener, show authority to my peers, and meet company deadlines! It has been a welcome challenge for me.
Management is something that I am still learning and loving on a daily basis. I love working alone and with others so I have adjusted to this position well. I love the girls I work with! We are learning how to be a team that is all in. It takes effort, and communication. I lead a meeting every month so that we can all discuss any issues with clients, each other or anything the girls want to talk about.
The hardest part of my job is having to tell clients that their package is expired. Its also hard for me to tell an employee that they are terminated. Especially when we build a great work relationship.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing clients happy and satisfied with the services they receive here. I love to treat clients with all of the services and products and when I see their faces light up because they see an enormous difference in their skin, it makes my job worthwhile! – less
Fun place
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee), Minnesota, Chicago, WisconsinDecember 31, 2013
Great products to work with. Botox, Juvederm, latisse, Radiesse, Laser equipment and services.
Ups and Downs
Clinic and Sales Manager (Current Employee), don't want to sayNovember 21, 2013
Pros: good base salary, bonus added income, client relationships, free treatments, benefits, uncapped income
Cons: long hours 45-50 hrs per week, no room for growth, training not great
Company is great to work for if you have a strong backbone. It is very sales driven and numbers are everything. This isn't a problem for me being one of the highest clinic in the company but the micromanagement is very bad if you aren't have a great sales day or month. I couldn't imagine if I were in a clinic that did not make sales. Upper management – more... will say or do anything unless you call them out. Regional managers don't understand what it takes for day to day operations and forget that you have to take of other things besides just selling to clients. As long as you have a great staff then your day to day will be wonderful! It has it ups and downs... my personal experience were more ups than downs so pretty positive for me. – less
Upbeat and outgoing environment where I learned many tools and became more knowledgeable about this field and all that I can contribute to it.
Esthetician/Technician (Former Employee), Lakewood, COOctober 8, 2013
Pros: i was able to learn how to operate many different machines, and became more knowledgeable about this field.
Cons: the company was unethical, cared more about the sale then the individual, and i would prefer to work for someone who cares more for the person more than making money.
On a typical day of work at American Laser, I would open the clinic, listen to the voice mail and return messages, power up the lasers to warm them up and get ready for the first client. I would proceed to treat clients all day and make sure they are satisfied with their packages, get them scheduled after their appointment and offer our specials and – more... product.
I learned how to operate many different machines and about different products and methods on peels, microderm abrasion and lashes. I also learned about financing, selling tactics, how to use their operating system and all about scheduling.
We had a very difficult manager to work with when I started. She was unpredictable and pushy and many clients had issues working with her. After she was transferred the atmosphere in the clinic became positive and uplifting and my co workers and maintained a well balanced work environment with the new manager that took over.
The most difficult part about working for this company, is that I felt that the pressure to sell services was dominating over customer satisfaction. I felt that at times the company was extremely unethical in its pursuit of the next sale as oppose to listening to the person and what their needs and desires were.
I had some wonderful co workers that were hard working and supportive as well as knowledgeable and made the job fun and something I looked forward to coming to everyday. I really feel like to was called be in this field of work and have much to contribute to it, and can't wait to see which company I will have the privileged to work for next. – less
love the procedures, co workers and clients. good pay. Management and corporate is very poor.
RN/Laser Technician (Current Employee), Fresno, CASeptember 18, 2013
Pros: pay, services, clients, procedures
Cons: benefits, hours, management
would be a wonderful place to work if it was better managed and showed more care and appreciation towards employees. Management and corporate seem to care more about sales than clients and client safety.
Great experience
Clinic Manager (Former Employee), Novi, MIJuly 15, 2013
Pros: great healthcare and bonuses
Very happy for the opportunity within American Laser, great training and bonus structures.
Excellent environment for enjoying cosmetic laser txs and feeling beautiful
R.N./ Esthetician (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJune 28, 2013
This job has been a wonderful experience for me over the past 6 1/2 years. I have had the pleasure of working with great ladies, meeting great clients and maintaining relationships, while getting to do what I love to do... Making people look and feel beautiful!! I would like to say there is a hard part of my job but quite honestly I love what I do so – more... much that I never have to work a day of my life. One of the best parts of my job is knowing that my patients feel comfortable with me and trust that they are in good hands. – less
Stressful, demanding work enviroment for accounting staff
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJune 8, 2013
For accounting positions job is very demanding in complexity and required deadlines. Management has continuously required accounting staff to do more work in less time with fewer personnel creating a repressive stressful environment. Management decisions that affect the accounting team are rarely communicated prior to installation creating added stress – more... and often needless additional work.
Benefits are competitive. Working environment is clean and safe. – less
Excellent Company to work for
General Manager/ Clinic Sales Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 14, 2013
Pros: experimenting with beauty products, bonuses and great people
I can't say enough positive things about them. If you are a hard worker and want to earn a great living, this would be the company to work for!
A stable job that taught me a great deal about medical esthetics
Clinic Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 19, 2013
Pros: was able to get laser certified, great benefits
Cons: company bankruptcy, company turmoil, problems with upper management
A typical day at work involved mostly sales, customer service, treatments on clients.
I learned so much about customer service, client relations, medical esthetics, laser technology, skin care.
My co-workers were great. I had the privilege of working at several different American Laser Clinics in Manhattan, so I had many co-workers, all of whom I learned – more... something from.
The hardest part of the job was the lack of modern laser technology, as compared to other laser centers of the same nature.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my clients. They made it all worth it. – less
Terrible Job RUN RUN Run
Laser tech (Former Employee), Naperville, ILMarch 1, 2013
Pros: cool equiptment
Cons: bad management, high turnover
This is a terrible job, horrible management. They lie to customers & employees. They overwork you its the worst and most unorganized job I have ever worked for. There is no job security. They constantly tell employees that someone else could take your job. Its really bad. Wonder why they changed their name so many times???
Worst & Most Inconsistent place I have ever worked
Laser Technician/Esthetician (Former Employee), MinnesotaFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: training
Cons: hours, short / no breaks, no room for growth, stressed out managers because regional mgrs are terrorizing them with threats, unrealistic sales goals & unhappy clients
My experience - LONG Demanding hours, no room for growth, less than 1 % commission on sales of treatments and products, Large sales goals that are unrealistic. Instability in the company overall. Techs have to be available Mon-Fri 9 am -7pm and Saturdays 9-3 in the event someone calls in. However, that is not what you are scheduled. They can barely – more... give you 32 hours a week which is considered full time yet you can have have no life (make Dr appts, dentist etc...) and must be available at the last minute to rush to work when your called. On the days you are scheduled, ie- 9am -7pm, its a regular thing to get a phone call that morning saying we only need you today from 2pm-7pm! HUGE turn over with the techs. In my time with the company, I saw 22 techs in one year come & go. Customers didn't get results because of outdated lasers so you are CONSTANTLY putting out fires yet expected to sell them more, more, more! Regional managers are all on a power trip and make thier managers crazy with high demands & terrorizing them with threats.

In your job interview, they over promise & under deliver.

This company has an 'F' Rating with the Better Business Bureau. – less
Worst place to work as a nurse!!!!
Nurse (Former Employee), IllinoisFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
this posting is a lie. They say its for one clinic but they will make you travel. Working here as a physician assistant or nurse practitioner is the worst decision you can make. The mangers treat you like dirt because they just care about sales and you risk your license everyday because this company does not follow state law!!!! The dept of professional – more... regulation is watching them. Don't work here unless you want to lose your license. – less
I loved what I did
Clinic Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: i loved leading and building people, helping people achieve their goals, and the overall social aspect of the position was wonderful. i loved what i did.
Cons: executive management was unorganized and unprofessional
My day generally was organized chaos, and I loved it. I had a lot of consultations, constant sales, walk-ins, marketing events, checking in on present and past clients to retain and maintain an excellent relationship and continue sales, constant training of staff of products, procedures, and sales goals. Equipment maintenance, scheduling of both staff – more... and clients, conference calls, meetings, etc. I learned to do a lot of things and be a lot of people at the same time. With every client, you have a different personality, and you need to approach each one differently due to this fact. I was a leader to my staff, and well respected because of the results that I put forward with sales, staffing and building my team. We achieved results, and we cared for each other and our clientele. You have to have the right team in place, excellent customer service, open communication, respect, drive and knowledge to run a successful business. You cannot build someone who doesn't want to be built. The hardest part of the job was letting someone go. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching someone, you helped build, grow in the business and be successful in their own right. – less
Not a great experience
Esthetician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 11, 2013
This company is deceiving in its hiring tactics. Applied for a full-time posting with them and they always kept me and the other employees at part-time. Management stated it was for business purposes. The customers even complained of the high turnaround as they wanted the same person each visit. I was very disappointed!
Fun place to work
Laser Technician (Former Employee), Chandler, AZDecember 5, 2012
Pros: relaxing place
Cons: short breaks no lunch
Very busy place enjoy the customers also became friends with some of them. I love my manager very easy to get alone with.
False promises
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Fresno CADecember 1, 2012
Pros: building relationships with clients
Cons: horrible management, no raises. overworked and underpaid.
Poor management, lacking in leadership, it's all about the numbers.
friendly and knowlegeable people
Master Aesthetician (Current Employee), Sterling, VANovember 13, 2012
laser HR ( Syneron Lase and Light)
IPL