American Laser Skincare Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible company overall!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 24, 2016
I have nothing good to say about this company. They had no ethics, did not care about their customers..only their money. The work/life balance was non exsistant.
Cons
Great place but closed unexpectedly
Clinic Manager/Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 10, 2015
management of employees and sales, making daily/weekly/monthly numbers, consults. loved all my clients and got to know a lot of them on personal basis, hated they closed this place unexpectedly. would have loved to grow even more with this place.
Like Family
Customer Service Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIApril 28, 2015
This was a great place to work, learn and grow. The atmosphere was inviting. HR made sure that everyone there felt important and needed. The CEO knew you by name and was always approachable, believed in being transparency for himself as well as the company. He encouraged employees to own their parts in making the company great as members of the company not just the corporate office.
Pros
Knowledge from other departments to help you grow
Cons
They Closed
Great experience
Nurse Injector and Laser Technician. (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 28, 2015
Great experience and great clientele. Fun to go to work and do what you love. It seems less likely to call it a job when it's so fun
Not happy with how I was treated as an employee.
Medical Esthetician/Laser Technician (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAMarch 2, 2015
We were over booked and overworked. Short lunch breaks at random times of the day, usually only when a client canceled. We were not given raises as often as we should. Management was not professional. The company went under and left all employees to fend for themselves without warning.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIDecember 16, 2014
Initially my schedule was from 3:00 PM - 12:00 AM. However that changed quickly as I advanced to join the customer service team and the hours for that department was from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. The hours were great either way. Normally there wasn't much room to advance but I soon learned that with the right skills and determination even if there's no job one can be created for you. That's just what happened here. Within four to six months a job was created for me and I was promoted to the Assistant Manager of Corporate Customer Service. I was able to enroll in school and complete my goals while using the skills I was learning in school to better the company.
Worked hard as a whole team
Head Esthetician/Laser Technician (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYJanuary 6, 2015
I worked at a medical clinic as the head laser technician. I was trained on all the machines as well as the services that the company provided. My co-workers and I worked great as a team. We did our best to help each of our clients and there needs.The most rewarding part about my job is helping people feel good about themselves in side and out.
It was a great place to work.
Medical Esthetician, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 12, 2014
We had a very strong set of girls that worked for the company. We were expected to meet daily sale quotas while going through our day to day operations. Performing treatments, managing patient files, confirming appointments, maintaining all equipment " maintenance and trouble shooting if needed", cold calling patients if needed, out bound marketing etc.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that we all got along and enjoyed what we did.
Pros
great co-workers and clients
Cons
short breaks
A place to ENJOY going to work everyday!
Assistant Manager/Esthetican/Laser Technician (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXNovember 26, 2014
Despite the horrid fact they shut down, mid-day with little to no time to gather personal belongings, contact clients and un-employ hundreds of professionals nationwide within a 45 minutes conf.call, it was a great place and I enjoyed my short time there. Many opportunities to make additional money with weekly/monthly contest and have great benefits. Sales aren't too pressured and client results are awesome!
Pros
relaxed but expected environment, amazing and dedicated client base, affordable on all budgets, good pay, lots of education given and refreshed when needed, reconition for a job well done
Cons
expected to throw 2-3 vip client parties monthly, short notice on changing protcols, ect, ; refferal program and refund system is slooooooow
Enjoyable Professional Workplace
Assistant Manager, Esthetician, Laser Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2014
My job had a long list of responsibilities, my coworkers called me the Jack of all trades there. There wasn't a task i couldn't handle or a job that got left unfinished. I was Management plus I was a technician. I did treatment as well as all the marketing, sales, and making sure all the customers were happy.
Pros
free treatments
Cons
heathcare wasn't to good
Place is dump
Doctor (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 16, 2014
This place is a dump !
That's why they filled bankruptcy the staff --technicians and mangers rip clients off left and right to hit there bonus lie to them the technicians think they are doctors and nurses try do manage burns choose laser settings and treat patients with out appropriate evaluation. Too many law suits and the state suing caught up to them ! Karma is a ..... Good luck finding a new job !!
Great company, Time flexibility a must
RN (Current Employee) –  Pismo Beach, CANovember 1, 2014
I love working for this company. The other nurses and management are a joy to work with. I thoroughly enjoy the majority of my patients. The company is always striving toward the most cutting edge technology and strives for patient safety. They treat their employees with the utmost respect and the pay and benefits are comparable..

Flexibility is a must when working for this company because the schedule may change at any moment. This makes some days more difficult than others because there may be huge gaps in the schedule due to patients cancelling their appointments or we may have unscheduled patients who walk in and expect to be treated anyway.

Overall, I really love working for this company and with my co-workers.
Pros
good benefits, great company
Cons
not being able to have an exact time for clocking in/clocking out
fun atmoshpere
Inside Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIDecember 4, 2014
typical work day consist of taking inbound calls and converting those calls into free consultation appointments. the most enjoyable part of the day was being able to work with a wonderful group of people everyday
Pros
hour lunch, bonus oppotunities, good pay
Cons
comapny went oof business unexpectedly
Great enviroment to learn and grow professionally
Call Center Manager/ Outsource Vendor Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MINovember 24, 2014
I worked for American Laser Skincare for 9+ years and I loved every minute of it. I grew with the company and learned invaluable lessons. I was lucky enough to work with the best and I can truly say I enjoyed coming to work every day.
Fun call center atmosphere
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMarch 26, 2015
calling making consulatations for new clients and selling services good company but went bankrupt right before christmas
Excellent environment for enjoying cosmetic laser txs and feeling beautiful
R.N./ Esthetician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 28, 2013
This job has been a wonderful experience for me over the past 6 1/2 years. I have had the pleasure of working with great ladies, meeting great clients and maintaining relationships, while getting to do what I love to do... Making people look and feel beautiful!! I would like to say there is a hard part of my job but quite honestly I love what I do so much that I never have to work a day of my life. One of the best parts of my job is knowing that my patients feel comfortable with me and trust that they are in good hands.
Stressful, demanding work enviroment for accounting staff
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJune 8, 2013
For accounting positions job is very demanding in complexity and required deadlines. Management has continuously required accounting staff to do more work in less time with fewer personnel creating a repressive stressful environment. Management decisions that affect the accounting team are rarely communicated prior to installation creating added stress and often needless additional work.
Benefits are competitive. Working environment is clean and safe.
No values or ethics all they want is a patients money, outdated equipment no technical skills
Medical Licesned Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 6, 2012
This company has filed bankruptcy twice, they don't give out raises, you never get evaluated for how proficient you are at your technical skills, they only rate you on selling patients more treatments. The clinic uses outdated and faulty equipment and only way to advance is by selling the most in your clinic. Very unprofessional managers, district managers and assistant managers. Upside you get good hours to balance work and life but you only work 6 hrs a day 5 days a week so you rarely reach close to 40 hours..EVER
It was a good place to work the pay was great.
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 20, 2012
I liked working at American Laser Skincare. Being a esthetician was a wonderful feelinh making others feel good about themselves. The pay and hrs were good. I was very Busy my schedule was always book which i didnt mind at all i like fast pace work. But there were alot of things that were not done right with the managment. I would have to work overtime with no pay and not get lunch break either. Otherwise I would never have left the company.
Pros
good pay and hrs
Cons
no lunch breaks and no overtime pay
Registered Nurse/Sales Representative
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 2, 2012
 Assessed health history, skin type, and hair evaluation to ensure optimal results for clients
 Preformed cosmetic procedures with dedication to customer service and exceptional time management
 Consulted with new clients and current clients to find optimal packages to target areas of greatest cosmetic concern with enthusiasm that contributed to the position of the top selling RN of the clinic
 Developed a product based promotion party with local business and represented company in marketing events
 Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Photoshop, and PowerPoint

Comment – April 19, 2013

I just applied for a position as a registered nurse here in NY. Is it a difficult position to get? Also is it somewhere hard for a new grad to go into. Job searching right now is hard because everyone is asking for experience. Thank you for your help.