American Leadership Academy Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
You never know what your day will be like
INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTAugust 28, 2017
There is no typical day, I learned to improvise and think fast on the spot. Some of the people were enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of the job was being taken advantage of.
Principal (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 9, 2017
I love ALA! Proud to be a part of such a great organization and group of people. Have seen ALA grow from one school to pushing out into multiple states. The vision and drive to grow and help people is amazing.
Enjoy my coworkers and management personnel
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZJune 3, 2017
Totally enjoyed being with the children my coworkers my managers and corporate personnel my experience was excellent the children I will miss as well as everyone else.
Pros
My kids that I grew to know
Cons
The politics of the company
Teaching in East Mesa
Sixth grade Teacher (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 23, 2017
A typical day begins with me arriving at work around 7:00 am. Once there, I prepare copies and papers for the students to work on and ensure I have all the materials ready for the day. When the students are in the room, I take pride in having an orderly and respectful environment with set routines and organization. After school ends at 3:00 I have an afternoon duty then usually stay until 4:30-5:00 grading, planning, or tutoring.
The biggest thing I learned while teaching is patience and the importance of being kind. With all of my students, I make an effort to encourage their success by being involved in their life and by showing them that the easiest thing in life to give is kindness to one another. While a special education teacher I also learned how to manage a team of professionals to ensure that all students special needs were met. Our workplace is fun and relaxing! I enjoy each day and each meeting with my teammates. The hardest part of my job is leaving my coworkers.
The hardest part of teaching is dealing with the growing apathy in the classroom that is a result of the parents also being apathetic or not putting their child/child's education first. It is hard to help children when the family does not enforce consequences or when they undermine the teacher. This behavior is seen in each classroom in each school I have had the pleasure of working at. I no longer want to work for an institution that bases my performance on the performance of students and families who do not put in the same effort that I give.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with students
  more... who strive for excellence, show integrity, service and respect. I love the days when we stop reading from the textbook to google a question someone had and then we have a class discussion on the results. When we have these open discussions, we talk about what they want to learn and their curiosity spikes. When the kids are happy learning, I am overjoyed.  less
Pros
free lunch, Christmas gifts, teacher appreciation week, healthcare
Cons
short breaks, customer/parents come first and teachers are undermined
Limited work hours
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZJanuary 4, 2017
Typical work day was a split shift. I learned a lot about the Mormon Culture. Management treated me well. Co-workers were great. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the kids!
Interesting work environment with decent pay
Customer service, cashier (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZMarch 14, 2016
It was a bit unprofessional because they had family working together and they would fight in front of the rest of us. The pay was decent, however they would not listen to our suggestions and changed the way things were done quite often.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no health insurance, unprofessional and stressful work environment
management
n/a (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 18, 2015
working at ALA had its pro's and Cons but all jobs have that. Management needs to improve in their ways of communication to employee's. Also everyone should be treated same. The seven habits were not followed.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
management needed to improve
Family/pay vs good environment
Art and Study Skills Teacher (Current Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZDecember 31, 2013
The job is great but not good for family. The people and culture is wonderful but the is not good.
After School Program
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Mesa AZOctober 26, 2013
I taught little kids to sing and dance in a fun Leadership Environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Leadership Academy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2