AMERICAN LEGION Employee Reviews

Great place
Bartender/supervisor (Former Employee), Dawson Springs kuJuly 23, 2015
I loved working at the Legion. I miss talking to and seeing the customers the most. It was a very comfortable place to work.
volunter
Volunteer (Former Employee), Converse, TXJuly 23, 2015
if you like helping out in american posts (military bars) then its a good fix you help with cleaning and waitressing watching children
Friendly and relaxing atmosphere
Bartender (Former Employee), Shinglehouse, PAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Relaxing, efficient tips
Cons: communication, favortisim
Great place to work for a calm setting. More slow paced on a daily basis unless events are planned and turns fast paced. Customers are great and it is great hearing war stories. Management always available. Monthly meetings to stay informed.
It was a fun working enviornment.
Waitress (Former Employee), Belvidere,IlMay 31, 2015
I would waitress about 5 tables that sat 8-10 people. I would always get nice customers. I would always greet with a smile. You delt with all kinds of people. The people I worked with were nice and great to work with. We always work as a team. I was sad when I left
great place to be employed very nice people
Bar waitress (Former Employee), Millsboro DE 19966May 25, 2015
Pros: lunches
Cons: tips
a day at work at the American Legion is a very good experience to serve the customers and always new faces to see especially in the summer months I was employed at the most popular and is the most largest American Legion in Delaware was great working there
Great Job
Senior Operation Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSMay 8, 2015
This job is a great company to work for and management is awesome. I enjoy being a part of this team.I have nothing negative to say about the American Legion.
For our vets
Bartender/Waitress (Former Employee), Lake Elsinore, CAMay 8, 2015
Pros: free pool
Great place to help our vets. They are loved and missed. And you meet a lot of nice people. Good food, and fun games.Hard part is when the love ones die.
This job was a temporary job to help out Legion while regular bartender was sick
Associate/Bartender (Former Employee), Corning, NYMay 4, 2015
This Legion has major problems with management. The legion hires a lot of family members.....very hard to move up in any position fairly.
Like the casino, only better
Poker Dealer/ Bartender (Former Employee), Greenville, MIApril 30, 2015
Pros: Free dinner, good pay
Cons: Repetitive shuffling takes a tole on your hands
Spend a lot of time sitting down, dealing cards, with 10 minute breaks every hour. Good pay and tons of fun. Consistent crowds makes for a friendly environment.
Great job
Bartender (Former Employee), Faribault, MNApril 24, 2015
Pros: Made good money, met great people
Cons: No breaks, was pregnant and couldn't eat without customers complaining
Working here was really good. I would go to work and the same people were always there for happy hour. This bar wasn't very busy after happy hour unless there was an event happening such as a wedding or pool league. Business was the same everyday, it became a very predictable job.
Fun workplace and love customers
Bartender (Former Employee), Nesbit, MSApril 6, 2015
Pros: Friendly customers
Cons: No benefits
Loved the fact that all your customers are pretty much the regulars and everybody cares about everybody. Made good friends with all the customers. managements wasn't the greatest but that was better for me to be able to learn all management duties also.
was productive but not to fun
Dish washer (Former Employee), Cambridge, ILMarch 20, 2015
Pros: close to where i was living so i didn't waste so much gas
Cons: didn't get enough hours to live off of
I wash dishes and I helped prep the food to be cooked, I learned how to wash dishes fast and learned how to prep certain foods like breaded chicken or fish, the management was fair, there is always room for improvement in everyone.
So much fun, hardly felt like work
Waitress/ Bartender (Former Employee), Farmington, MNFebruary 14, 2015
This was such an amazing work experience. Between my co-workers and regular customers, this place was like having a second family.
This has been a dependable job for me, but I am looking for a career in a different atmosphere.
Bar Manager (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, TXJanuary 20, 2015
I have enjoyed my years in this field. I have learned many things about customer service and helping people. I have become very efficient in operating/programming cash registers, making schedules for several employees, inventory and ordering based on demand for product. I have also learned team work and getting along with employees and working for a common greater good of the company. I am looking for a career with flexible hours to go along with my continued education.
Fun place and an honor to serve
Bartender/Trainer/Server (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: nice tips
Cons: late late hours on week-ends
I found that working at the American Legion there were all kinds of hero's that fought for us. The stories some had to tell touched me for everything they did so that I would have the freedom to live as I choose. The hardest part of my job was to half to cut people off. As much as I loved these people when they got drunk they were mean when I wouldn't serve them anymore. I had 2 co-workers and we all pulled together as a team. It also gave me time to be with my husband as he was dying of cancer.
productive
Janitor (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 12, 2015
friendly people and always having fun when working. learned how to remodel a bathroom
It was a Job.
Bartender/Hostess (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXOctober 22, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: no benefits.
Enjoyed my costumers and our every day interactions. The hardest part was losing members and long time costumers who would pass away.
Poor
Bar Manager, bartender n server (Former Employee), Willow Grove, PAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: great customers
Cons: no benefits or proper compensation
no support from board members
no proper compensation
no recognition of donated hours
Fun workplace
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Frankfort, INSeptember 4, 2014
my day at work was always busy either I was running the front desk or cleaning. I leaned that I actually could do a lot of multitasking. Management was ran in a good manner. A lot of co-workers loved drama but I learned I was there to do my job and succeed in doing my job right without the drama. there was nothing hard about this job. My most enjoyable part about this job was meeting people from all over the world and working with customers.
The American Legion really is not part of the VA.
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Leavenworth, KSAugust 27, 2014
Pros: the va gives employee lunches approxamitaly 3 times a year.
Cons: the american legion gives few complimens and small raises.
My typical day is crazy busy from the moment our door opens at 7:30am to 4:00pm. The phones never stop, clients are wonderful and sometimes they prefer to speak to me instead of my boss. I have learned from start to finish when filing benefit claims for the veterans. As far has the VA it's self I have taken upon myself to go to the many other departments, find out what exactly their responsibilities are. I take it upon myself to find out more that can assist me in assisting the veterans, where they need to go, what I can help with and when they need to request help from a different department. My co-workers are the absolute best I could ask to work with. I manage spread sheets that will make month end numbers easier to compile for Corporate. As far as the hardest part of the job was when I first began and not fully understanding what it was exactly my position was suppose to consist of. I answer all phone calls and return calls.