This position is responsible for the customer order process for assigned accounts in the Customer Relationship Management Team (CRM). Must process transactions with a high degree of accuracy and work in an efficient manner.
The Account Coordinator needs to be proactive and is empowered to delight our customers, both internal and external, by providing useful and relevant information on a timely basis.
The Account Coordinator utilizes our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system JDE Edwards (JDE), our Promotional Planning System (ALPPS) and Customer Portals to process all transactions and gather data to update internal and external customers requested information.
Essential Job Functions:
- Order Cycle Management – receive orders for processing, review for pricing accuracy and compliance, provide correct lead time and make necessary changes, convey important order information to Customer Teams.
- Work with Supply Chain Operations and Manufacturing – provides availability dates and backorders to customers when shortages occur, reviews orders weekly to ensure orders are shipping on time.
- Deduction clearing and Freight Claim Processing – provide disposition to freight carriers when product is refused or damaged, work with Accounts Receivable to ensure that customer credits and debits are balanced and accurate, help maintain a set deduction balance.
- Broker/Customer Relationship Management – receive general inquiries from brokers and customers about American Licorice Company (ALC) and our products and provide timely follow-up responses, provide shipment tracking and backorder ETA information when requested, receive sample orders from brokers and ensure timely delivery for broker/customer presentations.
- Sales & Marketing Communication – communicate with the Marketing team in order to stay informed of new item information, discontinued item timelines, general product information and customer promotions.
- This position will need to communicate customer order activity and availability issues to the Sales team.
- Communication with the Sales team regarding customer issues and updates need to occur several times per week.
- This position is responsible for specific accounts but works in a team environment where assisting others on the team is essential.
- Will be required to assist in training new associates, attend CRM meetings, work on special projects as assigned and cover for associates who are out of the office.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- One to two years Customer Relationship/Services experience or equivalent.
- Must be computer literate, fluent in MS Excel and Word and familiar with an ERP system or equivalent.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, ability to interact well with people over the phone and via e-mail, and self-directed with little supervision are important qualifications.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well on a team and problem solve.
Physical Job Description
- Job Title: Account Coordinator
- Typical Working Conditions: Office environment – climate controlled
- Equipment Used: Computer, phones, fax, scanner, copy machine
- Essential Physical Tasks: Typing and using a telephone.
Indeed - 13 months ago
An industry leader in manufacturing and marketing candy products, the American Licorice Company is one of the original licorice...