American Licorice Company Employee Reviews

Dreadful feeling when time for work. Very unorganized
Production associate / machine operator (Current Employee) –  LaPorte, INFebruary 16, 2017
Company plays favorites and doesn't recognize the correct people who deserve to be recognized. Never enough people on shifts. Some do whatever they want some get repremanded. Not a fair hr decision.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Breaks to short always short staffed candy bad quality
nice place to work
Packaging (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INNovember 28, 2016
the job was a packing job and I like the way they shift everyone to a different position after a certain period. the pay was good and the people are good to get along with.
benefits
Cons
candy on your shoes
Maint.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INMarch 26, 2016
If you are skilled labor you have to really kiss butt.Are you will not make it! Skilled labor is not the problem.The problem is supervision is to busy. Not taking time to working on his department or people. He can not look you in the eye.if there is a problem and He don't look at the work being done.He believes his A Team. He needs to ask the person doing the work what is going on...
Cons
Leader ship
Disorganized and failed to follow its own plan
Senior Marketing Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORMarch 11, 2015
The company was always in flux and moved employees around like they were chess pieces. Leadership disrupted success at every opportunity.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
no leadership, vision or commitment to the business.
Candy
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INJanuary 7, 2015
Working at this company was stress free. You work and pack candy. If you have a sweet tooth this is the place to work! People were friendly and welcoming regardless if you are hired though the company or a temp!
topped out at pay for over 3 years
Production/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INSeptember 24, 2014
High turn over rate. Topped out at pay.. No incentive for operators. No where to advance. Company lay offs. Hostile enviroment.
Pros
Seniority
Cons
high turn over rate
Dayshift with overtime and on call hours.
General Maintenance (Former Employee) –  La Porte, INSeptember 11, 2014
Perform duties of cleaning after fire, flood and mold damage. IICRC certified in cleaning of carpets. Long hours. some days as much as 16 hours a day. on call 24/7
Good place to work with excellent benefits
Customer Relationship Mgmt - Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORFebruary 12, 2014
A typical day at work is fast paced, working with several departments and customers, sometimes simultaneously. Although I had customer service skills when I came to the company, I have excelled in building relationships with our brokers and customers. My co-workers are driven, but fun loving individuals that are easy to be with for our workweek. The most difficult part of work is keeping the balance between pleasing our customers and the limitations of what we can do for them. I truly enjoy my job, the pace of it and the daily challenges.
Pros
amount of PTO, healthcare, flexible schedules
Cons
Our office is closing - we have to take the next steps in our lives.
It was an easy yet productive job and I enjoyed being there.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Laporte, INSeptember 7, 2013
A typical day of work involved cleaning, setting up machines and sometimes programming those machines to run different products.

I learned how to operate machines, how to clean the machines,I learned how to install the film for each product and how to check for quality and quantity of the product in a timely manner.

The management there was easy to get along with and talk to when problems occurred. They knew what they were talking about and how to relay that information to the people they were training in a way we could understand.

My co-workers were fun, nice people who would help if you were stuck or lost on what to do next.

The hardest part of the job was knowing what needed to be done when, when I first started.

The most enjoyable part was the people and the opportunity we had to grow if we caught on quickly.
Pros
Breaks were at good times and it was close to home, also good benifits once hired in
Cons
you had to start off as a temp, depending on what line you wee on things were far away and took longer to do
Consumer Confectionary developer!
Brand Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJuly 26, 2013
There are so many wonderful things to say about working for American Licorice. I feel I enhanced my development and career more than ever while in the employment. Leaving the organization to move to Wisconsin was heartbreaking. American Licorice treats their associates with respect, competitive salaries, family focus and genuine gratitude.
Factory Production
Machine/Kitchen Operator (Current Employee) –  LaPorte, INNovember 13, 2012
Typical day at work is 8 hours and included heavy lifting, precise measuring and accurate timing. i learned operation of heavy machinery, mixing machines, viscatators, die heads, and cooling tunnels
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Licorice Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8