American Lung Association

American Lung Association Employee Reviews

Great event with great people
Volunteer (Former Employee), Providence, Rhode IslandAugust 6, 2015
I participated in the fight for air climb with my girlfriend. We both co-led our team and raised money to donate to the American Lung Association. I enjoyed participating in the event and loved raising money for a great cause.
Passionate organization with strong mission
Director of Development (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 15, 2015
Passionate staff and volunteers working together to achieve the mission of the organization thru fundraising events, awareness campaigns and promotional messaging.
best first internship ever
Staff Assistant / Development Intern (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJune 2, 2015
This was my first internship and I loved it. Even though the internship was unpaid, it prepared me for future positions as well because I had to dress professionally, answer phones, and prepare for future – more... positions in a business environment. In the interview, I was surprised that I got the opportunity to work as an intern because I was so used to getting denied from other positions that I didn't know what to make of this one when it came up. The stair climbing events were always a success and despite the months it would take to prepare for them, The American Lung Association reached their goal each time and to be role models to families and communities, it says a lot because sometimes we take asthma and lung cancer for granted because maybe personally, we may not be diagnosed, but we have a friend or a family member who is diagnosed and each time I donate or volunteer to the American Lung Association, I think about this. There was no better first internship I could have had and I thank them for everything! – less
Lung Association
Administrative Aide (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 14, 2015
Administrative assistant and it was a great environment that I enjoyed working in the office and I also put lots of packages together to present to the different communities.
Treat interns very well.
Health Promotions and Programs Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 12, 2015
At American Lung Association, they made me feel like I was an integral part of the staff. We worked as a cohesive unit to spread lung health awareness all over the Central Florida region and beyond.
Lack of leadership
Director of Digital Production & Development (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 19, 2015
There was a distinct lack of leadership and lot of turnover at the executive level. Would not recommend this organization to anyone.
Absolutely the best company at that time
Office Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 9, 2015
This is the best company I have ever worked for. I had a great salary! My co-workers were awesome, especially, my supervisor.
fun environment
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Oakland, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Cons: short staff
Process invoices, cash receipts, termination, process payroll
Administrative Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 3, 2015
I volunteer weekly at the American Lung Association office and participate in events as well.
Productive Workplace with a great team
Environmental Programs Coordinator (Current Employee), Springfield, ILDecember 12, 2014
The American Lung Association Environmental Team is a great team to work with. The work environment is very friendly. I am never scared to ask questions about a project. Currently I work with data collection – more... and analysis for multiple projects.
The hardest part of the job is during grant proposals and reporting. As a non-profit, all of our funds are acquired through grants. So during parts of the year we have to complete multiple projects at the same time. I also find this as one of the more enjoyable parts because I like to keep busy. – less
Summary
Development & Health Promotions Coordinator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 30, 2014
Pros: your own office
Cons: 30 min lunch
You have to work closely with coworkers but are left to do a lot of independent work. I don't feel I was properly trained to do my job more of secretary work than anything. Disappointing as a college graduate.
Friendly Staff
Volunteer Manager Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 21, 2014
Staff and doctor were easy to work with. Gain a lot of surgical experience.
Productive and educational
Volunteer Experience (Former Employee), Fresno CAAugust 20, 2014
Enjoyed teaching students effective ways to treat asthma at home as well as school.
MINOR
MINOR (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 29, 2014
I WAS A MINOR WHO WAS AS THEY SAID UNDERCOVER TRYING TO GET ANY STORE WITH TABACCO TO SELL TO ME
Rewarding and fun place to work.
Program Administrator (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 29, 2014
Pros: the people in the office and in the field.
Cons: low pay.
Enjoyed the responsibility and had great relationships with co-workers.
Neighborhood Campaign and collect other donations year round.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Mount Sterling, KYJuly 29, 2014
This has been a very rewarding job experience! I not only get to meet people in my community, but also feel so grateful about knowing that I may be helping in finding a cure some day for lung disease. The hardest part of this job is getting people to donate. I actually even collect donations in other states besides Kentucky and that feels awesome!
Great Organization
Development Director (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 16, 2014
Programs in Kansas are run very well and they reach out to their volunteers.
Productive with providing the necessary tools to move foward with my education
Graduate Intern (Former Employee), Fresno, CA California State University FresnoJuly 9, 2014
Pros: flexiable working hours
Cons: n/a
I had an excellent experience working with all different types of people
Fun Internship
Internship (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 11, 2014
I learned a lot about putting together a big fundraiser. I got to experience soliciting and asking businesses to invest in the event.
Program Director (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAMay 21, 2014
Pros: the week of christmas off, and summer fridays
Cons: teamwork is not important, no management structure, no training...a poorly runned non-profit organization
I loved my job and what I did... but the company was lacking ALOT..