American Lung Association

American Lung Association Employer Reviews

MINOR
MINOR (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 29, 2014
I WAS A MINOR WHO WAS AS THEY SAID UNDERCOVER TRYING TO GET ANY STORE WITH TABACCO TO SELL TO ME
Rewarding and fun place to work.
Program Administrator (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 29, 2014
Pros: the people in the office and in the field.
Cons: low pay.
Enjoyed the responsibility and had great relationships with co-workers.
Great Organization
Development Director (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 16, 2014
Programs in Kansas are run very well and they reach out to their volunteers.
Productive with providing the necessary tools to move foward with my education
Graduate Intern (Former Employee), Fresno, CA California State University FresnoJuly 9, 2014
Pros: flexiable working hours
Cons: n/a
I had an excellent experience working with all different types of people
Fun Internship
Internship (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 11, 2014
I learned a lot about putting together a big fundraiser. I got to experience soliciting and asking businesses to invest in the event.
Program Director (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAMay 21, 2014
Pros: the week of christmas off, and summer fridays
Cons: teamwork is not important, no management structure, no training...a poorly runned non-profit organization
I loved my job and what I did... but the company was lacking ALOT..
interesting
Event Planner (internship) (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTApril 27, 2014
Enjoyed learning how to plan an event during my internship.
A great non profit organization
Development Manager (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 15, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: need a larger volunteer base
Communicating with committees and community the importance of fundraising goals for the mission of saving lives with education on lung health and improving air quality.
The management staff is very good and very helpful.
The hardest part of this job was goals to exceed pressure and events being close together.
I so enjoyed working with my hard working – more... coworkers, knowing that all had many duties to make the events a success. Seeing community members that volunteer their time is very enjoyable. – less
Positive Environment
Internship/Program and Development Student Fellow (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 10, 2014
Pros: community involvement
Always a great and fun place to work. Other staff members were very dedicated and truly believed in the mission. Such an environment always involved a high morale.
Great work/life balance
Program/ Policy Manager (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLFebruary 4, 2014
It's great to know you're working to make the work a healthier place to live in. The staff is welcoming and encourages both collaboration and creativity in meeting goals.
Fun
Volunteer (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 26, 2014
I worked one day maybe 6 hours. I informed the guest who attended about what the cause was about, handed out brochures and demonstrated what cigarettes did to the lungs.

co-workers were friendly

the most enjoyable part was to let everyone know the side effects of smoking and how truly bad it effects your body.
Love what I do!
Director (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 20, 2014
Love what I do! Whether working with global corporations, national non-profits or health-related organizations, all have been wonderful opportunities!
Challenging and Fun
Associate (Current Employee), Augusta, MEJanuary 11, 2014
There is a great team atmosphere here. We work together to come up with new ideas.
Interesting Experience
Assistant Vice President for Planned Giving (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 6, 2014
Strange Development interfaces between national office and chartered associations.
Great non-profit organization
PROGRAM ASSISTANT (Volunteer) (Former Employee), El Paso, TXNovember 20, 2013
Pros: friendly employees
Volunteering for the American Lung Association was always such a pleasure. There was always different events we would cater and I would always learn something new. Management was fantastic and made sure that we knew the tasks at hand.
Data En try, posting payments of Donations to the company for Trek Across Me.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Augusta, MENovember 12, 2013
Data entry, enjoyed working with co-workers. Assisted the Office Manager with the Mail. Did filing and trips to the Post Office each day after work.
Volunteering
Volunteer (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 14, 2013
Pros: teaching
Cons: asthma
I assist in teaching elementary students how to manage their asthma. It's fun and rewarding.
Good Company
Intern (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2013
Pros: knowing your doing something great
I enjoy each day I go to work, having learned about strategic planning, writing grants and marketing strategies. I also love my Co Workers who are always very kind. It is hard to always know how to speak with those people who need help when they call but I am able to deal with it fine by asking other staff questions.
Very fun and social place
Volunteer for Health Race (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 1, 2013
This gave me a chance to give people heath information and pass out food to the public and the participants in the run.
Great learning experience
Event Coordinating Intern (Former Employee), FLJune 6, 2013
Pros: small staff, family-like atmosphere, work well as team
Cons: calling people for sponsorship
I learned a lot about the non-profit aspect of the health care industry. I learned so much about the lung association and what they goals and missions are. I completely support them and everything that they stand for. While my internship lasted only a semester, I see myself volunteering with them in my future to give back to my community. My co-workers – more... were great and I learned off of them. We all got along really well, and were able to work well together. The hardest part of the job was calling people, asking them to sponsor us. No one wants to harass people, begging for money, so that was definitely hard to do every day, especially when many people didn't respond positively. The best part, however, was working the Cars for the Cure event. While it was a very long day of work, seeing so many people that are impacted and all of our hard work come together was very rewarding. – less

About American Lung Association

The American Lung Association is a voluntary health organization whose mission is to save lives by improving lung health and preventing – Read more