American Lung Association

American Lung Association Employer Reviews

Great place to learn about non-profit event marketing
Event Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Providence, RIApril 17, 2013
Calling past participants of the event to inquire about their participation in the event coming up. Calling local companies along the bike route to offer them an advertising opportunity in our guide book.
I learned that marketing takes a lot of mailings, emails, and making cold-call to ensure participation and sponsors.
Management was great, always – more... willing to help whenever I had questions. Always gave appropriate and accurate direction.
Co-workers were great, very friendly and willing to answer all questions. – less
A great non-profit organization full of passionate people who want to spread the word about the harm smoking causes.
Internship (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 15, 2013
I was an intern; however, I was seen as a regular employee from the first day which I appreciated. My preceptor was great, and showed me the ropes if you will on how the organization is ran and all that goes into it. I feel very lucky that I was able to be an intern, and appreciate my experience there everyday!
Great benefits and compensation but does have a downfall
Tobacco Control Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIFebruary 27, 2013
The benefit are GREAT!!!! but the company does not try to relate or build relationships with the community. It compares itself to the mainland but here and there are different. mild paced environment but your coworkers are wonderful.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the people you can help and experience what the state is doing to help its community
A wonderful program
Asthma Educator (Former Employee), los angles, californiaFebruary 4, 2013
Asthma education is one of the great programs provided by American Lung Association.
Nice, supportive workplace
Coordinator, Tobacco Cessation (Current Employee), Springfield, ILJanuary 25, 2013
I love that on any given day I can help people quit smoking....I work with great people who care about advancing the public health mission. The office that I work in has a relaxed environment and the people are really willing to help.
a typical day
Customer Service/ Receptionist (Former Employee), Fort LauderdaleJanuary 12, 2013
Everyday, I come in sit at the desk, check for emails on thing to do. Then i do some filing and make phone calls to get people to join the company team.
Quiet, yet fun and relaxed workplace
Online and Marketing Intern (Current Employee), NY, NYOctober 9, 2012
Pros: great benefits, friendly co-workers, flexible hours.
Cons: sometimes too quiet. uneven lighting, but not too noticeable.
Very quiet work environment. Some staff keep to themselves, but everyone is very friendly.
Great internship opportunity
Special Events Intern (Former Employee), Springfield, MASeptember 12, 2012
Working at the American Lung Association was a great opportunity to get my feet wet working with events and the required items to do leading up the an event.
A good nonprofit.
Administrative Assistant To The VP (Former Employee), CTJune 29, 2012
If you like nonprofit then you will enjoy the ALA. The staff is kind and so are the volunteers. The public events are also good.
Fun
Volunteer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 8, 2012
The group is great. They are promoting lost of wonderful things in the community.
Tedious but fun
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 19, 2012
Pros: friendly, somewhat fun
Cons: can be repetitive, boring
Simple, repetitive. Management honestly concerned with individuals welfare. Easy, relaxed working atmosphere.
American Lung Association vision is to help promote clean air for clean lungs.
Development Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CaliforniaFebruary 1, 2012
The mission and the people that work their are highly motivated and readyto fight for clean air. A happy place to work.

About American Lung Association

The American Lung Association is a voluntary health organization whose mission is to save lives by improving lung health and preventing – Read more