American Lung Association

American Lung Association Employer Reviews

Data En try, posting payments of Donations to the company for Trek Across Me.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Augusta, MENovember 12, 2013
Data entry, enjoyed working with co-workers. Assisted the Office Manager with the Mail. Did filing and trips to the Post Office each day after work.
Volunteering
Volunteer (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 14, 2013
Pros: teaching
Cons: asthma
I assist in teaching elementary students how to manage their asthma. It's fun and rewarding.
Good Company
Intern (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2013
Pros: knowing your doing something great
I enjoy each day I go to work, having learned about strategic planning, writing grants and marketing strategies. I also love my Co Workers who are always very kind. It is hard to always know how to speak with those people who need help when they call but I am able to deal with it fine by asking other staff questions.
Very fun and social place
Volunteer for Health Race (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 1, 2013
This gave me a chance to give people heath information and pass out food to the public and the participants in the run.
Great learning experience
Event Coordinating Intern (Former Employee), FLJune 6, 2013
Pros: small staff, family-like atmosphere, work well as team
Cons: calling people for sponsorship
I learned a lot about the non-profit aspect of the health care industry. I learned so much about the lung association and what they goals and missions are. I completely support them and everything that they stand for. While my internship lasted only a semester, I see myself volunteering with them in my future to give back to my community. My co-workers – more... were great and I learned off of them. We all got along really well, and were able to work well together. The hardest part of the job was calling people, asking them to sponsor us. No one wants to harass people, begging for money, so that was definitely hard to do every day, especially when many people didn't respond positively. The best part, however, was working the Cars for the Cure event. While it was a very long day of work, seeing so many people that are impacted and all of our hard work come together was very rewarding. – less
Wonderful Work Environment
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, SCApril 24, 2013
I LOVED working with the American Lung Association. The whole staff felt like family, from our office all the way down to Jacksonville. There is just such a great support system and everyone there loves what they do. It is an incredibly rewarding place to work. The hours are awesome and it's a pleasure going into the office each day. The programs that – more... are promoted are wonderful and there is a strong sense of community. I would highly recommend working for the ALA. – less
Great organization!
Regional Manager (Former Employee), American Lung Association in South CarolinaApril 24, 2013
I had the joy of working with ALA in SC and truly enjoyed my time while there! It is a great organization, fun events to plan, and a cause worth fighting for!

If you enjoy planning events, fundraising, and building relationships--this is a great opportunity for you!!
Great place to learn about non-profit event marketing
Event Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Providence, RIApril 17, 2013
Calling past participants of the event to inquire about their participation in the event coming up. Calling local companies along the bike route to offer them an advertising opportunity in our guide book.
I learned that marketing takes a lot of mailings, emails, and making cold-call to ensure participation and sponsors.
Management was great, always – more... willing to help whenever I had questions. Always gave appropriate and accurate direction.
Co-workers were great, very friendly and willing to answer all questions. – less
A great non-profit organization full of passionate people who want to spread the word about the harm smoking causes.
Internship (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 15, 2013
I was an intern; however, I was seen as a regular employee from the first day which I appreciated. My preceptor was great, and showed me the ropes if you will on how the organization is ran and all that goes into it. I feel very lucky that I was able to be an intern, and appreciate my experience there everyday!
Great benefits and compensation but does have a downfall
Tobacco Control Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIFebruary 27, 2013
The benefit are GREAT!!!! but the company does not try to relate or build relationships with the community. It compares itself to the mainland but here and there are different. mild paced environment but your coworkers are wonderful.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the people you can help and experience what the state is doing to help its community
A wonderful program
Asthma Educator (Former Employee), los angles, californiaFebruary 4, 2013
Asthma education is one of the great programs provided by American Lung Association.
Nice, supportive workplace
Coordinator, Tobacco Cessation (Current Employee), Springfield, ILJanuary 25, 2013
I love that on any given day I can help people quit smoking....I work with great people who care about advancing the public health mission. The office that I work in has a relaxed environment and the people are really willing to help.
a typical day
Customer Service/ Receptionist (Former Employee), Fort LauderdaleJanuary 12, 2013
Everyday, I come in sit at the desk, check for emails on thing to do. Then i do some filing and make phone calls to get people to join the company team.
Quiet, yet fun and relaxed workplace
Online and Marketing Intern (Current Employee), NY, NYOctober 9, 2012
Pros: great benefits, friendly co-workers, flexible hours.
Cons: sometimes too quiet. uneven lighting, but not too noticeable.
Very quiet work environment. Some staff keep to themselves, but everyone is very friendly.
Great internship opportunity
Special Events Intern (Former Employee), Springfield, MASeptember 12, 2012
Working at the American Lung Association was a great opportunity to get my feet wet working with events and the required items to do leading up the an event.
A good nonprofit.
Administrative Assistant To The VP (Former Employee), CTJune 29, 2012
If you like nonprofit then you will enjoy the ALA. The staff is kind and so are the volunteers. The public events are also good.
Fun
Volunteer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 8, 2012
The group is great. They are promoting lost of wonderful things in the community.
Tedious but fun
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 19, 2012
Pros: friendly, somewhat fun
Cons: can be repetitive, boring
Simple, repetitive. Management honestly concerned with individuals welfare. Easy, relaxed working atmosphere.
American Lung Association vision is to help promote clean air for clean lungs.
Development Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CaliforniaFebruary 1, 2012
The mission and the people that work their are highly motivated and readyto fight for clean air. A happy place to work.

About American Lung Association

The American Lung Association is a voluntary health organization whose mission is to save lives by improving lung health and preventing – Read more