American Management Services, Inc Employee Reviews

Don't believe the fake 5* reviews by company management
telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 15, 2015
If you scan through the reviews, you will note that anytime a accurate but negative review about this company shows up here which is frequently, a flurry of b.s. positive reviews follow to try to bury the truth about this deceptive company.

The best advice I can give, is that if you are not working and have some time to waste and don't mind being treated worst than a dog, go work for these guys. And then form your opinion. My guess is that if you desire to do so, you will be posting a accurate but negative review here very quickly.

This company is having a real problem hiring people for a reason. They don't pay well and treat their employees terribly. When they do get quality people, they run them off with their shennenigans.

They will promise big pay, large commissions. This never happens. And I referring primarily to the telemarketers who set appointments. However, it also works the same way for regional directors consultants who go out in the field and try to sell their consulting services which are a joke.

AMS did experience decent growth a few years ago. Clearly that growth has disappeared and getting worse.
Pros
Free Coffee. Close to a large mall
Cons
Benefits are a joke. No match on 401 (k) payscale is minimal. Growth outlook is nonexistant.
Excellent place to work
Association Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 17, 2015
Good place to work and the people there are also great. You can learn a lot in this company and from the owner, who are great mentors.
Dynamic work enviroment
Manager, Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 3, 2014
I have been working with American Management Services for 6 years. Each day brings me a new challenge and an opportunity to expand my skill sets.
The company has provided me the opportunity to research and discover emerging technologies and implement those technologies into a dynamic production environment.
I work with Executive Management and personnel from every department on smaller tasks, along with major corporate projects. I can see how the work that I do and my ideas to streamline that work come together to enhance the work environment.
I find it very rewarding to stretch myself as a professional to be creative and feel good about my days work.
If seeing your efforts make a positive impact on the SMB’s of America, I encourage you to explore American Management Services.
SENIOR EXECUTIVE ANALYST
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Entire United StatesMarch 2, 2014
If you have heart and leadership skills and have come to understand the concept of business planning and accountability...and a bit curious (not simply accepting what people say), this is the best job in the firm. I've earned $250,000 to $350,000 most of the 12 years (over an 18 year period) that I've been with the firm. It is a demanding job without a doubt, but the difference you can make with a client and the ability to earn objectively is unique. I've made many good friends at AMS. Since 1997 only the best of the best in the field have risen to management positions, which means they have a keen understanding of what each job takes. The management style is intense, which matches the responsibility each analyst has to each client one serves. In all my years, I've never seen an employee terminated that could do the job. The best analysts who have left AMS went on to incredibly successful careers in national and international businesses. Happy with my many years at AMS, and wish I had returned sooner when I left due to illness.
Pros
making a difference with clients
Cons
you pretty much work every day of the week, inclusive of travel with little personal time other than vacation time which is generous
Productive, stimulating, work enviroment
Field Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 17, 2014
When I started working for American Management Services 3 years ago, I wasn’t sure what to expect. I read reviews about high turnover and it honestly scared me. But this has been much different than any other job I've held in the past. It takes a special kind of person to be able to do it. You must have pride in doing a good job, enjoy the type of work, and relish in a challenge. Thick skin and a can do attitude are required. But when you jump right in with both feet, you’ll hone your skills of attention to detail and multitasking more than you realized you could ever possibly do.
Every day is new and exciting. There’s never a dull moment! The comradery between all the Administrators and the different departments is amazing. We’re a mid-sized company with the mentality of a small company. Relationships are not just work relationships. I’ve become close friends with the girls I work closely with daily. But even between departments, we're all working towards the same goal, and our paths pass multiple times a day getting there. No one person works any more or less than another, we all work equally. But don’t let the challenge fool you.
When you work hard, you must play hard as well! We have a yearly Spirit Week with theme costume days. We do pot lucks and cookouts. We close early the business day prior to several major holidays. There are inner office competitions all the time for prizes, some of which will blow you away! How about a 50” flat screen TV? A weekend stay at a luxury beachside hotel? Sporting event tickets? And you can’t forget about the money. If you are willing to
  more... put forth the effort, the payout is awesome!  less
Pros
rewarding work, fully stocked kitchen, extra money
Cons
hard work
Stay away from this company
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  WalthamFebruary 18, 2013
They treat employees like inanimate replaceable objects. They intimidate employees into working 50 hour+ weeks. They run the Orlando opeation the same way they did when it was in Waltham, MA except they pay lower wages due to the lower cost of living in FL. They charge clients over $500/hour which is why the CEO, GC is a billionaire. The only enjoyable part is the paycheck if you are lucky enough not to be on 100% commission.
Pros
pay (in some cases)
Cons
substandard benefits (high cost of insurance).
Total Scam -
Field Rep (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 1, 2013
They require verification of high earnings, probably because they look for someone who would sell their integrity for a buck. Appointments are set under the premise of providing "programs" offered by the US Conference of Mayors, nothing more than a ruse to pitch American Management's consulting services. If the appointment setters were required to be truthful, they would not be able to set any appointments - the ones that were "qualified" did not expect me, they expected the "rep" who set the meeting, unfortunately they were in a call center in Florida. My first order of business was to lie to the prospect as to why the rep they spoke with wasn't attending. Next, at all costs, when going through their script, we were trained to not say who paid us, who we really worked for (AMS, not the US Conf. of Mayors), or the fact that we were only trying to convince them to spend $500 for an evaluation only to send in the hired guns to rip their business processes apart and charge them for consulting services.
Pros
they paid for training, such as it was
Cons
unethical business practices, bait and switch
Fun placed to work, learned lot of accounting work.
Corp. Controller (Former Employee) –  Norcross,GA 30071November 7, 2012
Worked as corp. controller. Managed 6 properties financial activities.
Pros
enjoyed 1 hour lunch.