American Marketing Association Employee Reviews in United States

marketing association
Member (Current Employee) –  everywhereApril 28, 2016
this was a great chance to sit in on monthly meetings and attend guest speakers on the topics of marketing. people in many different industries gave their time to speak on how to become a better marketer
On campus Chapter that helped marketing students excel
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 2, 2016
The Lubar School’s chapter of the AMA promotes the field of marketing through various activities, including networking opportunities, professional development, speakers, seminars, charity and volunteer activities, fundraising, member social events and outings, and regional and national conferences.
AMAzing workplace
Vice President of Social Media (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 14, 2015
Such a wonderful culture and a positive group of people. AMA is a valuable resource for my marketing career and provides a great opportunity to network with fellow marketing professionals.
President of AMA on the University of Wyoming Campus
President of RSO (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYNovember 10, 2015
Meetings once a week for an hour long
Exec meeting once a week for 30 minutes
Hardest part was getting all the members to take part in RSO activities on a weekly basis
The entire exec team was easy to work with and all were knowledgeable
The part I enjoyed most about being the President of AMA was being able to lead a club and help students grow while their time at the University.
American Marketing Association
Vice President of Communication (Former Employee) –  FullertonOctober 9, 2015
Great professional organization for any aspiring marketer to get involved with. Endless possibilities to network, gain leadership experience, practice hands-on marketing campaigns and expand knowledge on avenues within marketing.
Good company
n/a (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2015
When I first started working for this company it was a very comfortable environment to work in. Management needs a little help but overall a great company.
Co-AMA students
Member, AMA, St Cloud State University (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud MNSeptember 9, 2015
Great place to network and learn hands on Marketing skills, also enjoyed helping out local business with Marketing events. Made a lot of friends from this club.
Association
Member (Former Employee) –  Oneonta. NYSeptember 2, 2015
It was a good experience working with a huge association such as the American Marketing Association. This was not a job but they chartered us in my college under the Student Marketing Association
its an organization
Member (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJuly 23, 2015
Its a marketing org. not a job, but its a great place to gain some experience working with peers dealing with professionals and competitions.
Amazing experience to learn more about marketing with like-minded peers
President, Co-Founder (Former Employee) –  Valdosta,GAJune 12, 2015
In 2012, I became a co-founder and eventually the president of the Valdosta State Univeristy chapter of the American Marketing Association. The most enjoyable part of this experience was creating internship opportunities for fellow students as well as learning more about marketing outside of the classroom.
Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJune 10, 2015
Got a chance to meet a lot of people and experienced a lot of new things through this organization. I joined through the University of West Georgia and really learned the importance of networking.
Pros
Atlanta Falcon's games, lunch, fun meetings
Collegiate member
Member (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAApril 26, 2015
I enjoy being able to work in a group of individuals passionate about marketing and advancing themselves in their field.
Casual enviroment
Treasurer (Current Employee) –  Prairie View, TXMarch 28, 2015
I love being in an organization with students who love majoring in business and absolutely love Prairie View A&M University.
Club on Campus
Treasurer/Vice President (Former Employee) –  Irving,TXMarch 2, 2015
As Vice President of this club I was to oversee all activities with the President and make sure that each opportunity was being conducted in a responsible manner that represented our club well.
fun
Vice President of Affairs & External Accounts (Former Employee) –  charlotte, ncFebruary 25, 2015
very big and diverse, alot of marketing forums, conventions, seminars and trainings.As the global leader in marketing knowledge, the American Marketing Association hosts a broad range of conferences, trainings, and virtual events catering to marketers, researchers, and academicians in all stages of their careers. By engaging an international cohort of leading faculty, speakers & instructors, the AMA is able to provide forward thinking content to keep members at the forefront of marketing practice
Pros
alot of knowledge based information
Cons
timing can be a bit inconveninet
Ama
member (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 24, 2015
AMA was a blast to be involved in. We had multiple activities aimed at improving ones ability in business. We had a lot of fun participating.
Open minded free flow organization
Vice President of Recruits (Former Employee) –  Akron, OhJanuary 28, 2015
School organization not a job. I enjoyed American marketing Association throughout my years in college. I gain so many connections and real world experience being a part of this organization.
Fun and HELPFUL
Team Leader of Professional Development (Current Employee) –  Quinnipiac UniversityJanuary 9, 2015
I learned a lot from my experience with the AMA:

Getting hands on, real world experience was a great resume builder and it taught me a lot while still in school.
Great Organization for Marketing Majors
Association Member (Current Employee) –  Richmond VASeptember 5, 2014
This is a great organization for marketing majors. I would recommend it to any marketing major.
Student Professional Organization
VP of Membership (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHAugust 25, 2014
Great group to be a part of. I enjoyed all of the friends I met through it and working on the cool marketing consulting projects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Marketing Association. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7