We are a closed door pharmacy company specializing in Pain Management,Home Infusion Therapy, and Urological Supply. We are looking for a full time intake coordinator who meets the following qualifications.
- Receives and coordinates all referrals to include notification of insurance providers for prior authorization and services covered.
- Responsible for the review of daily logs and notes from Case Managers to assure continuity of care, documentation of nursing process, appropriateness of intervention/action and timeliness of documentation.
- Using discretion and independent judgment in handling patent or physician complaints received, documents and forwards to appropriate administrative staff.
- Maintains log and any reports essential for appropriate billing and reorder process.
- Communicates with Branch Manager any information received from physician, patent or employees about the patents care or needs.
- Takes physician orders by phone, documents in PtCT, notifies appropriate Case Manager and adjusts schedules accordingly as indicated.
- Files all office records as necessary.
- Proficient with PtCT, data entry, and computer skills for generation of daily office communication.
- Provide direct patient care on an as-needed basis, as assigned by Branch Manager.
- Assists with other functions as assigned by Branch Manager.
- Pharmacy/DME Experience is a plus.
- Basic understanding and interpretation of medical terminology and diagnosis codes
- A clear understanding of prescription and medical benefits as it applies to the utilization review process is required.
- Basic math skills, good data entry and information retrieval skills required.
- Strong PC and commonly used software skills.
- Strong communication skills are necessary including written, verbal, and telephone.
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism, solid customer service orientation, strong work ethic and the ability to maintain a positive attitude when dealing with both internal and external customers.
- Must be conscientious, efficient and accurate in prior-authorization, exception and medical/Rx necessity review processing.
- Is expected to continually strive to develop and/or refine skills necessary to respond to the customer.
- Demonstrated capability to work independently and apply competent problem solving and analytical abilities to any situation.
- Basic understanding of drug classes and therapeutic interchange
Knowledge in CPR+ software is a plus