American Medical Response Employee Reviews

Overall good co workers and satisfaction for job performance
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 14, 2016
Satisfaction of job performance and co workers best about this operation. Management does not respect schedules, auto/truck fleet in moderate conditions, little to no room for advancement. Management does not want to hear suggestions or conversations about possible improvements,"just do what I say when I say and we can discuss it latter" mentality.
Possibly a good place for new basics and medics but not for long term due to poor chance for advancements.
Pros
All the overtime you could want
Cons
All the overtime you don't want
Good place to work, only life-long career for a chosen few
Fleet purchasing agent (Current Employee) –  Avon, MADecember 16, 2015
The organization has a good education department to assist with required continued education. It is a good place to work, but contingency career planning is required.
Pros
Advancement for revenue generating departments
Cons
No advancement for cost controling departments
Enjoyable work place
EMT-B/Driver (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 12, 2015
A typical day at work includes driving ambulances, taking care of patients and sitting for prolonged periods of time. I learned much about patient care and patient contact. The management is well set up and easy to talk to. The co-workers are all friendly and easy to get along with.
good experience as an EMT
Emergency Medical Technician/Driver (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 4, 2015
If you want a place to start working as an EMT this is an ok company ,good experience, good schedule, people are very friendly
Many extrordinary experiences
Patient Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 3, 2015
I enjoyed my years at AMR, learned a lot about the medical response field and had positive interactions with passengers and facility employees.
Pros
Great friendly work environment
Cons
Alot of down time
its a job
EMT / Field Training Officer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 2, 2015
This is a good place to pick up a little experience but if you live in the real world and have bills to pay I would suggest only working part time here.
Pros
looks good on a resume
Cons
management
Fast paced
Emergency Medical Technician, Basic (Former Employee) –  Brownfield, TXNovember 23, 2015
A fast paced work enviroment. Never a dull moment. Youuse the skills you learned from the first day of work. Your time off is your time off.
No better than any other commercial ambulance service.
Paramedic/Field Training Officer/ALS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 19, 2015
AMR in DC is no better than any other commercial service. Crews are routinely held past their end-of-shift time. Dispatch at times will have an ALS unit running BLS calls while a BLS crew is posting. The management is often unaware of the activities of the crews or dispatch.
Highly Professional Organization
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 18, 2015
As a patient care and customer service focused environment there is some stress but also support from the general EMS community and particularly other AMR units. Very rewarding experience personally.
Pros
community involvement
Cons
complex schedules and low pay
alright
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 16, 2015
ok place to work get held over a lot. Hours are alright people are ok to work with management t isn't very good. uniforms are uncomfortable ready to leave good experience for a first time emt
A waste of Time
paramedic (Former Employee) –  Multnomah CountyNovember 15, 2015
Before you invest your life time here, research the company. This is a heartless. godless corporation. They prefer young, inexperienced employees that tolerate abuse.
Pros
The paychesck
Cons
What you have to do for it
Depends on location; Mine was fair.
EMT (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 13, 2015
Not all AMRs are Union-based. Mine is. It's a secure environment with fairly easy policies to follow. Our call volume is higher than most compared to other counties, but we manage. My only complaint is that due to us not being sole-provider of the county, we're constantly receiving pay cuts, then having them retracted, then threatened with more cuts. AMR is very profit-based, as are most companies these days, but I'm thankful for my time having worked here. This has been an amazing stepping stone for me in my career.
Great management and co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 10, 2015
Awesome management and co-workers every day was a great day! A typical day at work was laughter, everybody helping each and making sure every customer we provide transportation for was satisfied.
AMR
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 5, 2015
AMERICAN MEDICAL ESPONSE IS AN AMBULANCE SERVICE AND I THINK MY OCCUPATION WITHIN THIS COMPANY IS :exciting and interesting job
Pros
everyday their is something new
Cons
you never get off on time and you hardly have a chance to eat or use the bathroom
Great job to travel to different places.
Wheelchair Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 4, 2015
Transporting patients to appointment is a very good job to work on public relations and communications skills Make appreciate retire veterans for serving our country..
Pros
CPR and first responder training for free
Cons
hardly anytime for lunch and fast pace at times.
Great environment
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 1, 2015
The management and the employees as well had great team work involved here. We all worked together if someone needed help in a certain area. They are very understanding in any situation and listen. They have great training on the position you are in.
Pros
At home billing as of now
decent company
Administrative Fleet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 27, 2015
decent pay and benefits, PTO, and paid holidays. The OM and GM like to buy food often for everyone. They like to try to get everyone to become EMTs and Paramedics, so they'll pay for school/training after 6 months. Mostly approachable/understanding/helpful management.
American Medical Response New Haven
Emergency Medical Technician - Basic (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 25, 2015
Typical private commercial corporate EMS and ambulance provider. High Volume and fast paced. Great place to gain experience.
Average Private Ambulance Company
NREMT - Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 21, 2015
Was not the best private ambulance company but it also was not the worst. I would only recommend this job to a beginning paramedic.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Poor salary compared to work load
well organized and very productive
Refund Representative (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 16, 2015
a typical day at AMR consists of all day phone tracking and organizing to ensure prompt refunds to patients and insurance companies.