American Medical Response

American Medical Response Employer Reviews

Productive heavy work load
Paramedic (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 23, 2014
Pros: being able to assist the co-workers
Cons: not being able to keep up with the heavy work load
Heavy work load with little help
good benefits
questionable
really miss co-workers
keeping up with the work load
being able to help the co-workers
over all it is a good company to work for they have very good benefits and the employees are very caring. The work load is just to much for one person to keep up with and meet the expectations the upper management – more... expects. – less
commercial ems and everything that comes with it.
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), West Hartford, CTDecember 20, 2014
Pros: pay, lots of old timers with wisdom to pass on
Cons: some personalities.
Understanding it's commercial ems which is a profit based system, and working for multiple agencies, allows you to expect the way things happen as well as seeing that this place isn't that bad to work for..
Good private ambulance company for experience and good compensation for starting EMT/Paramedic
Paramedic (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 18, 2014
This is a great job to gain experience at and to begin your career in EMS. I've learned a lot about working in a major metropolitan city as an EMS provider on an ambulance. the employees at this company are some of the best people i have ever had the pleasure of working with. they are truly honest hardworking professionals and my friends. The best thing – more... about this job is being able to serve the community and provide a service that is so highly respected. – less
I t was a great place to work but the job was stressful.
Paramedic (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 12, 2014
It was a great fair place to work. I just couldnt deal with the stress anymore.
Work Schedule
Suppy Techician (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 5, 2014
Pros: company perks coffee, lunch breakfast and working with a bunch of good people
Cons: lots of different personalities and sometimes very stressful and busy
My job starts at 4:00 am.
Clock In
Gather all the Gurney batteries, radio batteries and Nextel place them on the charger for on coming crews.
Collect all the supply restock forms from all of the BLS And Als crews.
Organize them.
Clean up the supply room, restock any low supplies and etc…
Restock my 1st rig that goes out for the day.
Gather all their – more... supplies.
disinfect the rig with disinfectant cleaner
Make sure cabinets are sealed.
on to the next rig.
File paperwork check with supervisors to see if they have any additional duties for me. – less
AMR PBS was sold to Centrix
Initial Billing Team Representative (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, CODecember 3, 2014
Pros: no longer have pbs department
Cons: no longer hiring pbs employees
American Medical Response has sold the PBS department to Centrix. No longer have a Billing Department
horrible place to work
Paramedic (Former Employee), Spokane, WADecember 3, 2014
Pros: autonomous
Cons: horrible pay, benefits and managment
respond to 911 and non emergent calls. I learned patient care. Heavy lifting involved. I loved my co workers and the constant changing environment.
Can be hard, dedicated work
Part Time Communications Officer (Current Employee), Independence, MODecember 3, 2014
Can be a good place to work if you are a hard, dedicated worker. You have to be able to deal with someone's emergency, no matter how big or small, as an emergency.
its given me the experience to work in our society and, help those who are in care.
Vehicle Support Technician (Current Employee), miami flDecember 2, 2014
overall love the job, i always try to better serve our community and city, to those who are in need of help and care, to do the best of my ability and give my all to our society.
AMR was the best decision I have made so far, career wise.
Emergency Medical Technician-B (Former Employee), Longmont, CONovember 24, 2014
Pros: hospitals feed ems workers, for free!
Cons: no breaks, sometimes working 48 hours straight with no rest.
Work with AMR was challenging, invigorating and enjoyable. 48 hour shifts began with a complete inventory of the ambulance and station, followed by ordering the supplies needed if the off-going crew failed to order used supplies. While running the inventory, we would clean the ambulance and wash it to make it suitable for patient care and public presence. – more... After that, we wait until a 911 call is assigned to us and then we respond, treat the patient, and return to the station where we clean and restock as needed.

The management in the division I worked in was doing the best they could with a brand new contract. Personably they were wonderful, supportive and assistive. However, while kinks were being ironed out of the contract, there were definite growing pains, mostly for the managers who were often seen as the "bad guy." They did the best they could and should be commended for their efforts.

I learned so much about people, mostly I learned that in dire, difficult and heart-breaking situations, you have two options. To let those situations break you, or to let them polish you. You see the best and the worst that the world has to offer and it is your choice how to respond to stress, heart break, heart warming situations and even difficult partners, patients and other health care providers; not to mention civilians, and other emergency personnel. I learned how to love people that society says are not lovable. I learned how to function and thrive in stressful and hard situations. I learned how to comfort that 90 year old grandma who is afraid she'll never see her husband again, and how to make that first time mother laugh when she calls an ambulance for her infant with a cough. I learned how to give the worst news anyone has ever dreaded to learn. I learned how to put my trust in Jesus Christ to take all the hard things from my heart, and fill it with His compassion and love for each person. – less
Extreme Work Environment
Paramedic (Current Employee), Northeast DivisionNovember 20, 2014
The local and corporate management have lost touch with our reason for being here, our patients. Management varied from division to division. Expect to get out very late every shift.
Great company, love working there,
EMT-B (Current Employee), Portland, ORNovember 18, 2014
Pros: rewarding job
Cons: not enough hours
Love everything about this job and company, just not enough hours.
It was a fun place to be.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Pittsburg, CANovember 4, 2014
I had a great time working for them. I learned many things and had wonderful management.
Productive and fun place to work.
Certified Training Instructor (Former Employee), Burlingame, CAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: high stress for accuracy
Always challenging dispatching job. Great co workers. High stress for accuracy and integrity.
AMR was a great learning experience for me
Cash Reconciliation Specialist (Current Employee), Modesto, CAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: detailed work, work is varied
Cons: company is closing their ca offices and outsourcing our work
I began working in the Cash department processing patient and insurance refunds. This grew into learning the receipt portion of the job working with several different people to make sure the deposit was complete for posting. After a while I was promoted to Cash Dept. Lead where I reviewed and resolved daily issues with both the receipt and refunds staff. – more... In 2011 I was again hired to a lateral position as Cash Reconciliation Specialist where my daily work is to balance the incoming cash to what has been posted to the patient trips. This involves intense review and research into several posting batches to verify they are in balance to the total amount of cash received. – less
Exciting, fun, challenging, rewarding
Paramedic (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAOctober 27, 2014
I find happiness and satisfaction in every work day, knowing that I have been a part of helping those in need.
Productive work enviroment
Quality Assurance Auditor (Current Employee), Modesto, CAOctober 26, 2014
This job has help me build my billing experience. It has made it easy for me to balance my work and home life by providing flexible work schedules.
Fun work environment, but lacked job security
Medicaid-HMO Coordinator/Medical Records (Former Employee), Modesto, CAOctober 25, 2014
Pros: supervisor, co-workers
Cons: management
When a company has "training classes for new hires," that usually means your job is bound to come to an end. Though this company is about to go under (not that I wish anyone lose their jobs), the way management was ran from when I was last there (2010) was a clear indication that the company would eventually go down under.
Overall a great company to work for
Business Development Coordinator (Current Employee), Denver, COOctober 20, 2014
Pros: benefits, culture, professionalism
Cons: too reliant on budget and misses growth opportunites
AMR is a good company and takes care of its employees. I think without a doubt it us the best national ambulance company.
Fun and rewarding job
Emergency Medical Technician-B (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: not knowing what to expect that day.
Cons: not enough work out equipment.
A typical day starts off with inspecting the ambulance you will be working on that day whether you are working a short hour or 24 hour shift. The stations are set up to facilitate a kitchen, beds, and showers. We take care of station cleaning duties. From there we have free time until we get toned out for a call. Most of our calls are 911 calls and – more... some are non emergency transports. We run calls all day and night in our district until our shift is over.

What I've learned is how to have good customer service. How to stay calm in a what could be a stressful environment. How to work as a team with co-workers and other responders on scene and at hospitals.

Management treats us really good. Every now and then we have BBQs along with sporting activities to boost moral. Our field supervisors are always there to help us and provide any supplies we're missing.

The best part are the co-workers. We look out for each other on scene and in other emergency situations. Everyone for the most part enjoys what they do making it a pleasure to come to work. Everyone is very easy to work with and get along with. We are like a big family type environment and are close with each other.

There isn't really any hard part of the job. Everyone that went through EMT school knows what to expect in the EMS field. The individual should know that depending on what station they work out of you may be running calls non stop for the whole 24 hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the rewarding feeling that you made a difference at the end of your shift whether is was just simply waving at someone as you drove by to being able to save someone that was in cardiac arrest. You get to work in different types of environments, enjoy the weather, being physically active, and most of all the co-workers. I have had the pleasure of working special events such as movie sets and music award ceremonies. I can honestly say I enjoy coming to work and not knowing what to expect that day. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About American Medical Response

Because driving yourself to the emergency room isn't always the best plan, there is American Medical Response (AMR). With thousands – Read more

American Medical Response Photos