American Medical Response

American Medical Response United States Employee Reviews

loved coming into work
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: have a job
Cons: breaks, people hostile environment
Back in burlingame it was GREAT wages, people, mgmt, we had fun working we worked as a team
But now we moved to sacramento where we had to use our own money to relocate no relocation fee paid or no help from the company. And the people are a bunch of unprofessional fools that don't like to learn and mgmt who like to stay with the stone age and also don't like change. Also these people haven't seen a raise in over 5 years. These people I have noticed don't know perks because mgmt shuts them up by letting them watch TV in the center. I like the down time of watching TV bit really a raise would be nice especially when this company in Sacramento seems to be the only outdated company than the rest
Productive and fun work place
Dispatcher/CSR (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: random parties
Cons: parking lot flooding
A fun work place, we were one big happy family trying to help each other the best we can regarding the situation and/or type of call. I learned how to EMD calls when coming into our office from facilities and/or private callers. Management always tried their best to structure the company based on everyone, and to work with us when we had questions followed with concerns.
Ambulance transportion, and other transportation available.
Operations Supervisor- (Former Employee), Natick, MAFebruary 8, 2015
One of the largest transportation services in the County - this company offered many available services for the sick and injured patients along with municipality and requests from Hospitals, nursing homes and other medical establishments.
Great employer to work for.
System & Projects Administrator (Former Employee), Torrance, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Daily routine is very busy from start of the day until the end. It has been a challenge on a regular basis due to the complexity of Ambulance billing, healthcare regulations, Insurance requirements for EDI billing, etc.
Goal Oriented, Team Work, Caring Supervisor
Private Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJanuary 31, 2015
A typical day at work consists of working from the initial billing and electronic correspondence work bins in the morning, then switching to the followup and denial work bins in the mid-afternoon, the follow up work bin consists of accounts in need of a followup phone call to the private insurance carrier and is also a good time to multitask while on hold to catch up on any left over electronic correspondence, or projects where accounts do not require a phone call.
Working for A.M.R has taught me in depth the "in's" and "out's" of how to bill and how to deal with private insurance companies, and that all private insurances are nothing alike, (what works for one carrier may not work for another carrier), how to read private insurance EOB's as well as Federal Medicare, Medicaid and Medicare, Medicaid HMO EOB's, and how to bill for Medicare, and Medicaid HMO carriers, to list just a few of the many skills I learned from A.M.R.
The management at A.M.R is exceptional; they truly care about us and they never treated employees as if they were "just a number" as I have heard other employees at other companies are treated.
My co-workers are also exceptional; we are like a second family to each other and will often hear us refer to our supervisor as our "momma hen". Everyone works very well together and is willing to help when someone needs help in their assigned area of work.
PRODUCTIVE ADN FUN PLACE
EMT (Current Employee), San Gabriel Valley, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: 911 experience
Cons: still do ift's
GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR IF YOU WNT 911 EXPERIENCE.
MANAGEMENT CAN USE SOME WORK. NEED BETTER EQUIPMENT. BUT FOR THE MOST PART, CO-WORKERS ARE COMPETENT AND EASY TO WORK WITH.
Great work environment
Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great work atmosphere, co-workers are helpful.
Cons: wages
Great company to work for. Everyone is very helpful.. Especially to new medics.
Locally a great group of people to work for.
Critical Care Senior Paramedic (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: flexible, management realizes the family/work life balance
Cons: large corporation attitude trinkles into the local ops
Enjoyed every day. Excellent local management team. Co-workers were like family. Local ops realize the importance of personal time and are willing to help scheduling conflicts, which created a positive work environment.
Nice place to work and included a gym
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Wauchula, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: ems week
Cons: busy days we would never get a break
Transporting patients and comforting them and their families in their time of need. Wonderful co-workers who would gladly answer any questions, it was more like a family.
Ambulance Transportation
Call Taker (Former Employee), Torrance, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: bonus
Assisting in ambulance transportation for emergency and non emergency calls. I learned how to handle stress calls. The managment was great. My co-workers helped me out. They were like family. The hardest part of my job was assisting in suicidal customers. I loved being apart of helping people in such a big way.
customer service/billing
Customer Service (Current Employee), Manchester, NHJanuary 19, 2015
It is rewarding to help patients who call in and answer their billing questions or how the billing process works.
bad morale due to poor management
Paramedic (Current Employee), Billings, MTJanuary 15, 2015
Cons: offten go for almost an entire shift without any break.
Great employees that work incredibly hard with hand-me-down equipment. Regional management is broken, almost non existent, very poor leadership.
A new ambulance to us is one with 200,000 miles on it. Very hard yo keep employees for more than 5 years.
Cash Receipts Specialist (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, ColoradoJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great co workers
I'm thankful for the years of service with AMR, had a chance to meet some great people. I have learned several positions in the 15 year, started as Data Entry, and finished as Cash Receipts Specialist. I wish the company best of luck out sourcing. I will greatly miss my job, hope to find another great company to serve another 15 years. Much Thanks
American Medical Response
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Redlands, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: co-workers.
A typical day at work started with inspecting our ambulance and medical equipment, responding to 911 calls and inter facility transfers, giving and receiving patient reports, properly completing paperwork. I learned how to work with local fire departments and law enforcement officers. Management was always very helpful. My co-workers were all very motivated and knowledgable people. The hardest part of the job was trying to balance working the night shift and continuing as a full time student. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing medical attention to people in an area I had grown up.
AMR
Insurance/Contract Representative (Current Employee), Torrance, CADecember 30, 2014
No longer working for this company. Officially laid off 12/31/2014 due to company outsource position.
Professional, relaxed atmosphere.
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 23, 2014
Pros: occasional short work days on fridays. free holiday lunches.
Cons: overly aggressive deadlines. we were sold to a new company which resulted in a reduction in staff.
I worked in a small office that had a relaxed atmoshere. Always professional and produced high quality work. We always met our deadlines.

The deadlines at times were very aggressive and required overtime. However, the deadlines were met with a quality product. The staff maintained a high level of standard in their work.

My co-workers were friendly and family oriented. The management staff ensured a positive workplace and rewarded the staffs hardwork with occasional short work day on Fridays.
Productive heavy work load
Paramedic (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 23, 2014
Pros: being able to assist the co-workers
Cons: not being able to keep up with the heavy work load
Heavy work load with little help
good benefits
questionable
really miss co-workers
keeping up with the work load
being able to help the co-workers
over all it is a good company to work for they have very good benefits and the employees are very caring. The work load is just to much for one person to keep up with and meet the expectations the upper management expects.
commercial ems and everything that comes with it.
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), West Hartford, CTDecember 20, 2014
Pros: pay, lots of old timers with wisdom to pass on
Cons: some personalities.
Understanding it's commercial ems which is a profit based system, and working for multiple agencies, allows you to expect the way things happen as well as seeing that this place isn't that bad to work for..
Good private ambulance company for experience and good compensation for starting EMT/Paramedic
Paramedic (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 18, 2014
This is a great job to gain experience at and to begin your career in EMS. I've learned a lot about working in a major metropolitan city as an EMS provider on an ambulance. the employees at this company are some of the best people i have ever had the pleasure of working with. they are truly honest hardworking professionals and my friends. The best thing about this job is being able to serve the community and provide a service that is so highly respected.
I t was a great place to work but the job was stressful.
Paramedic (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 12, 2014
It was a great fair place to work. I just couldnt deal with the stress anymore.

About American Medical Response

Because driving yourself to the emergency room isn't always the best plan, there is American Medical Response (AMR). With thousands – Read more

American Medical Response Photos