American Medical Response

American Medical Response Employee Reviews

Working around the clock to help to triage and transport
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), Pompano Bch, FL.March 27, 2015
Fun and educational. The people are friendly and easy to work with. Everyday is a new learning experience. This job is the best.
Productive Work Environment
Senior Coordinator Trainer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 26, 2015
My job consisted of giving world class customer service daily, management was great, and my co-workers were a joy to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping others.
Good pay and good co-workers, management is not on your side.
Paramedic (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 22, 2015
Pros: liberal field protocols, generally supportive union, competitive salary.
Cons: healthcare plans not progressive, no night differential, seems like a fight for everything during contract negotiations.
Large company that employs a high amount of medics and other emergency personnel. Pay is high and working conditions are acceptable, but management is not part of the union and the separation between supervisors and field employees is fairly distinct. The company also tends to cut corners when it comes to promoting and maintaining employee mental and physical health.
miserable place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 20, 2015
The company that I worked for is Access 2 Care an affiliate of American Medical response I would never refer anyone to this employer . they do not care about their employees, they do wants best for the company. I was miserable the whole time there.
Fun Place to work at
Administrative Support / Dispatcher (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAMarch 18, 2015
American Medical Response is a great Company to work for and has great Benefits. There is plenty of room for growth if you are willing to work for it.
Fun but gets old fast
EMT B (Current Employee), Spokane, WAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: great experience
Cons: easy burn out
AMR was a very exciting job to have at first. But, like every corporate company they like to have fewer people work harder to maximize profit. Makes a fun job old very fast. They don't care for their employees like they should and moral is constantly low.
Medic please
CCT Paramedic (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: opportunity always knocking
Cons: physically harmful, dangerous, hours
I loved working as a CCT-Paramedic! I met tons of people from all walks of life...

Every day was an opportunity to learn. As much as I loved this job, my bones and body did not. The physical depleation is sad but what a great life I had then.
Good Place To Work For
accounts receicvable (Former Employee), Modesto, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: full time with beneifts
Cons: outsources to cut cost
I enjoyed my work over the past 8 years to bad they out soucred, durting my time I gained a lot of knowledge and all that I learned was on the job I did work with some great superviors and established long time friendships with co-workers
Fun place to work
Data Entry/ Coder (Former Employee), Torrance, CAFebruary 24, 2015
It improves by focusing on your work strengths, and by being vulnerable and not being afraid of emotional intimacy.In order to be successful in most team environments, it's important to build relationships throughout the organization.
Excellent workplace
Emergency Medical Dispatcher (Current Employee), Natick, MAFebruary 21, 2015
I have worked for many years as a dispatcher and it has been a valuable and continual learning process. It is a valuable job and a benefit to the community.
a joke of a company
former emt (Former Employee), tampaFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: some good calls
Cons: poor mgmt poor staffing, poor pay and a company of liars
This job is a joke they play you and never are truthful and very shady i would never rec anyone ever working here and they will fire you w/o cause and lie to its clients and customers and the supervision is uneducated in being leading its employees, a bad place to work the pay sucks and the compensation is worse, they never will be grateful and if your a good looking female you get what you want this company in Tampa is by far the worst people who work here as new employees dont know but be here for number of years and see what this company will do to you and for what it really is there is no brotherhood/sisterhood, only backstabbers and people that are lazy they make their employees lie and worse they never have the equipment that works
911 experience is good
Paramedic (Current Employee), Riverside, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Good experience providing 911 service in Riverside County. Enjoy working for AMR. Never had any issues with management or supervisors.
Hard Physical Work
Emergency Medical Tech-Driver (Former Employee), Jackson, MsFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: shift
Cons: heavy lifting
Job was physically hard. I lifted heavy medical equipment repetitively on a daily basis (ex: 4ft oxygen tanks, 10lbs EKG machines, etc.). I enjoyed the schedule of 12hr shifts w/ 7 days on and 7 off.
Corporate overall great, local management awful
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: ems experience, great benefits
Cons: local management is terrible, compensation
The overall company, training, and policies are fairly good - some annoying stuff (signing every piece of equipment in and out) to be expected from a huge national corporation. The DC op has old, poorly maintained vehicles. Local management cares more about saving money than anything - won't provide sheets (makes us steal them from hospitals) and will go out of their way to not fix broken equipment. I would recommend AMR in general but not the DC op.
Great place to get experience
Primary Medic (Former Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 15, 2015
Never a dull moment as a medic on the streets of Arlington. All of your skills are tested every day from helping the elderly to rushing a patient to the ER. The experience is priceless.
Great lunch meetings and holiday events
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Torrance, CAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: great healthcare benefits
Cons: laid off
Handle expense accounts of each director which would include totals of $22,000 combined.
* Coordinated all travel cost-effective travel agencies and negotiating with key travel-services providers.
* Coordinated successful client meetings, invitation materials and booking venues.

* Coordinated and maintained data bases vital to competitive analysis process to facilitate implementation of aggressive company sales/marketing team.
* Successfully oversaw license renewal for Information Systems Team.
A good part time job!
Paramedic (Part-time) (Former Employee), Monroe, LAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: no benefits
When i started at AMR, workplace was pretty good, but after years of different supervisors and managers turnover rates it just finally was time to retire.
loved coming into work
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: have a job
Cons: breaks, people hostile environment
Back in burlingame it was GREAT wages, people, mgmt, we had fun working we worked as a team
But now we moved to sacramento where we had to use our own money to relocate no relocation fee paid or no help from the company. And the people are a bunch of unprofessional fools that don't like to learn and mgmt who like to stay with the stone age and also don't like change. Also these people haven't seen a raise in over 5 years. These people I have noticed don't know perks because mgmt shuts them up by letting them watch TV in the center. I like the down time of watching TV bit really a raise would be nice especially when this company in Sacramento seems to be the only outdated company than the rest
Productive and fun work place
Dispatcher/CSR (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: random parties
Cons: parking lot flooding
A fun work place, we were one big happy family trying to help each other the best we can regarding the situation and/or type of call. I learned how to EMD calls when coming into our office from facilities and/or private callers. Management always tried their best to structure the company based on everyone, and to work with us when we had questions followed with concerns.
Ambulance transportion, and other transportation available.
Operations Supervisor- (Former Employee), Natick, MAFebruary 8, 2015
One of the largest transportation services in the County - this company offered many available services for the sick and injured patients along with municipality and requests from Hospitals, nursing homes and other medical establishments.

About American Medical Response

Because driving yourself to the emergency room isn't always the best plan, there is American Medical Response (AMR). With thousands – Read more

American Medical Response Salaries

$40,000 per year
Paramedic
$20.00 per hour

American Medical Response Photos

Meeting of the Minds. Me with 2 of my bosses.  Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil.
EMT class graduation for local fire departments 2013