American Medical Response Employee Reviews in United States

Emergency Response and Transport
EMT-Basic/ Disaster Response Team Board Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAMarch 13, 2016
Great place to work, great place to gain responder experience, emergency situations, work as a team, patient care, room to advance career in patient care, and disaster response.
My experience working for AMR was enjoyable.
AMR employee (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 9, 2016
Working with many levels of employees I was able to see see everyone is very dedicated to patient care.

Many efforts are made to provide the best care possible.

True care givers.
Pros
Good Department Communication
Cons
More communication across departments needed
Productive and active environment
911 Operator (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 18, 2016
In a typical day you are answering 100+ emergent and non -emergent calls, setting up transportation, coordinating with other EMS agencies when necessary
Pros
Pay, co-workers
Cons
management
Well Diversed
Call-taker / Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 28, 2016
This company has given me a great step in the door for my lifetime career choice as a 911 Call-taker and dispatcher. I have learned to be the calm in every situation handed to me.
Corporate overall great, local management awful
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 16, 2015
The overall company, training, and policies are fairly good - some annoying stuff (signing every piece of equipment in and out) to be expected from a huge national corporation. The DC op has old, poorly maintained vehicles. Local management cares more about saving money than anything - won't provide sheets (makes us steal them from hospitals) and will go out of their way to not fix broken equipment. I would recommend AMR in general but not the DC op.
Pros
ems experience, great benefits
Cons
local management is terrible, compensation
Great lunch meetings and holiday events
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 15, 2015
Handle expense accounts of each director which would include totals of $22,000 combined.
* Coordinated all travel cost-effective travel agencies and negotiating with key travel-services providers.
* Coordinated successful client meetings, invitation materials and booking venues.

* Coordinated and maintained data bases vital to competitive analysis process to facilitate implementation of aggressive company sales/marketing team.
* Successfully oversaw license renewal for Information Systems Team.
Pros
great healthcare benefits
Cons
laid off
Great
driver I (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 5, 2016
New trucks ,tho not always cleaned properly and materials needs help. I love my job cause i can help people when there in need of an ambulance. Employees are nice and ready to work.
Pros
Great experience and really good atmosphere.
Cons
Units are not always clean. Needs to be more accountability.
t was a diverse work environment.
Revenue Recovery Manager (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 26, 2016
I enjoyed working with the staff, clients, and patients. I believe through the years, I was able to make a positive change in the work place, and communities AMR served.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to see failing employee's succeed.
Depends on location; Mine was fair.
EMT (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 13, 2015
Not all AMRs are Union-based. Mine is. It's a secure environment with fairly easy policies to follow. Our call volume is higher than most compared to other counties, but we manage. My only complaint is that due to us not being sole-provider of the county, we're constantly receiving pay cuts, then having them retracted, then threatened with more cuts. AMR is very profit-based, as are most companies these days, but I'm thankful for my time having worked here. This has been an amazing stepping stone for me in my career.
Great people to work with
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 22, 2016
Working at AMR has given me an extended family. I love the people I work with. We work very hard for our community with little pay and appreciation from our management team.
Transportation company, Medical field
Driver/Aide (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMay 7, 2015
On-call pager system. given an address to go to to pick up a patient.Use of maps to locate address. Drove all over Connecticut to find different hospitals and doctor's offices. Co-workers were very helpful in finding addresses and also were team oriented. Lifting customers up one or two steps to get into their private homes. I love to travel and this company offered a lot of that.
Pros
Full Benefits
fun enviornment
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICHIAN- EMT - I (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 22, 2016
i really enjoy my past job experiences. I have learned alot during my career. i want to be able to advance and pay agreeable to advancement. I am a hard worker, and a quick learner. Always willing to try new things in order to progress.
Team work
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 11, 2016
Everyone is a team player, from HR to the boss, management is always there to listen. Time off is always given when there is an emergency and long as a note from a professional is given.
Pros
Everyone works a team.
Cons
If someone calls out sick you're doing a double.
Productive always on your feet
Vehicle Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAMay 28, 2016
Always busy. hardest part is constantly being in the hot sun in polyester uniforms. Co workers are amazing, sometimes work load is overwhelming.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Management, heat
Fast paced enviroment
Operations Supervisor/Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 19, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is sevring my co workers and customers. If I can brighten someone's day my day is complete
Pros
INTERACTIONS WITH COWORKERS AND CUSTOMERS
Cons
LONG DAYS
Good place to work, only life-long career for a chosen few
Fleet purchasing agent (Current Employee) –  Avon, MADecember 16, 2015
The organization has a good education department to assist with required continued education. It is a good place to work, but contingency career planning is required.
Pros
Advancement for revenue generating departments
Cons
No advancement for cost controling departments
Great
Emergency Medical First Responder (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 21, 2016
Great group of people to work for. the management team is very nice. If your looking for a good job that will give you plenty of experience in the EMS field AMR is your calling
workplace
EMT (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 25, 2016
I enjoyed this job and enjoyed the details of the job. Had the office not closed in 2013, I would still be working there. We were given a 2 week notice at Christmas that Dec 31st the doors would close.
Pros
Good pay, good place to work
Cons
Never knowing who you work with or the calls you will get
American medical response
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 1, 2016
Great company ! Very good with training people and getting them comfortable with assisting people in emergency situations. Amazing asset to the public
Dfw
Emergency Medical Technician- PARAMEDIC (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXJuly 1, 2016
It is an overall great company. I started my career with this company. You have the ability to learn as much as you want, or a little as you want.

American Medical Response Reviews by Location