American Medical Response

American Medical Response Employer Reviews

challenging, interesting, fun employees
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Stockton, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: feeling like family
Cons: long hours
going on 911 or BLS calls, never knowing what lay ahead of you on a call. management and crews where great people.hardest part was loosing a patient when you know it could of been prevented
Love this place!
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 9, 2014
Great place to work! Fun, laid-back, and fast-paced. Lots of room to grow and opportunities to learn.
Paramedic in high call volume service
Paramedic (Current Employee), Dekalb County, GAOctober 7, 2014
AMR is a great place to work. I am looking to expand my capabilities as a medic and start working as a RN.
I loved working there.
Clerk (Former Employee), Torrance, CAOctober 6, 2014
I really thought i was going to work there longer than 9 years.
Productive, diligent, hard working place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Livermore, CAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Great place to help at. My co-workers were great, hardest part was it's a full day, and the human resources department is a tough one and I'm not an office person, I prefer not to be in a bat cage all day, but I did enjoy interacting with everyone, and being part and effective on the job.
Nice place to work
Accounts Receivable Medicare Representative (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSSeptember 22, 2014
I did not get to work for AMR for very long due to my relocation, but while there I found the work very interesting. As they were one of few companies that was willing to hire me right out of school it was a great learning environment.
Productive Company
Contract Representative (Current Employee), CASeptember 18, 2014
I am hard worker and when it comes to my job I put all my efforts into it and get my job done the right way and efficient. I always overlook my work to may sure everything is accurate.
Paramedic (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 17, 2014
great company with supervisors that adhear to the empolyess
Nice place to work
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Akron, OHSeptember 16, 2014
every day was the same. billing insurance and patients. hardest part was lack of people interaction
Customer service representative
Customer Service Representative/ Dispatcher (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: hour lunches and free parking.
Cons: expensive health insurance. part time position
A typical day at work would be answering and resolving patients issues.
I learned how to be patient and deal with irate people.
Management was fair.
Co-workers were quiet and focused on their work.
The hardest part of the job was trying to obtain a full-time position.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being appreciated by patients' whose problem – more... I resolved. – less
Fun to work family oriented before the big lay off happen
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee), Livermore, CaliforniaSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: understanding with employees needs
Cons: managers or higher up management not associating with entry leverl employees.
Working for American Medical Response was a very knowledgeable experience as well as educational. I have learned so much about the union contracts, payroll federal policy such as FLSA calculation.Kronos Workforce Timekeeping Attendance.
good environment for work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 4, 2014
enter tickets from ambulances into system, deal with insurance companies. Management was visable and heard. Co-workers helpful and caring. Everyone got along well. The hours were good.
Great job, bad company
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 2, 2014
Cons: do not care about employees
Great job but the company does not seem to care about their employees.
rewarding job
EMT (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 30, 2014
A typical day at work was fast-paced, physically and emotionally challenging but also very rewarding. Patient interaction and well as interaction with staff in and around NYC provided me with the opportunity to learn valuable skills on a daily basis.
good place to work
Government Billing Representative (Former Employee), Torrance, CAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: good work environment that's patient and employee focused
AMR is a good place to work. Great work environment in which your co-workers become family.
shutdown NY division
Operations Officer/ Emergency Medical Tech. (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 28, 2014
Pros: rewarding job
Cons: new york division shutdown
the company shutdown its new york division
other than that it was a very good company to work for
Do not apply here!!!!!!!!!! They are nice only durning training.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), ClearwaterAugust 25, 2014
The worst job ever.The pay sucks you cant make a living.They lie and tell you oh you will get a raise and nothing ever happens.The mangers dont know how to mangage they explain your job description and you end up doing nothing they said you would be doing.You do everyone else job while they does nothing every one else job for $8.50 hr.not worth it. – more... At least knowledge the employee they dont even do that.This is not a real company.They steal money from the goverment and make false trips to pocket money.All they want you to do is only go to lunch and no other breaks unless its on lunch.Supervisor never want to handle calls even when client ask for one they tell you to handle it.This job is embarrassment and they should even be open unless they get the right manaagment in the office.Make changes this is not a job to be proud of there is no room to grow with the company.Had to find a better job a real job that you can be proud of.this is not the way is a non long term company smh .Until now do yourself a favor and do waist your time.1000 THUMBS DOWN still counting – less
Typical private ambulance company.
Paramedic (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 23, 2014
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. The supervisors do not care about you. Its all about the money. The equipment is terrible, the ambulances I mean vans are run down and falling apart. Have a problem about your equipment? Don't worry, the supervisor will get back to you within the next century....maybe. Have a family emergency at home? – more... Don't worry they will make sure you get your write up for calling off. Need to go to the bathroom? Don't worry we'll make sure to run you to death without a break.

I really enjoy reading the reviews from the office personnel. You have no clue how the field employees are treated. – less
productive and woeking
Contract Representative (Current Employee), Torrance, CaAugust 20, 2014
Pros: fun and creative people to work with
Cons: bad health benefits
process all accounts under my contracts which include commercial, Medicare and Medicare accounts. Complete all follow up and Denials
Not for the faint of heart!
Emergency Medical Technician / Paramedic intern (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: diverse assignments, working breaks, spectacular culture, overtime.
Cons: working breaks, diverse assignments, overtime
Working for AMR is not for the faint hearted. While it is one of the best jobs I've ever had, it is a place where you get what you put in. Outside of the office there is no typical work day. Each day brings something different and the work environment can change in a matter of minutes. In my tenure at AMR I've experienced working conditions that range – more... from friendly and casual to hostile and downright unsafe and back all within the same day! There is no way to list all that I've learned here. Management is supportive, your co-workers can become a part of your family, and excellence is mandatory. The hardest part of this job is adjusting to the learning curve and dealing with on duty stress. I most enjoyed the varying challenges presented to me on a daily basis. This is a rare company where job duties can go from "fun and games" to "life and death" in the blink of an eye. I loved almost every minute of it. – less

About American Medical Response

Because driving yourself to the emergency room isn't always the best plan, there is American Medical Response (AMR). With thousands – Read more

American Medical Response Photos