American Medical Response

American Medical Response Employee Reviews

Horrible management/low morale
emergency medical technician (Former Employee), Lexington, KYApril 23, 2015
Pros: experience with medical emergencies, the chance to work on quality patient care
Cons: no breaks, poor management, your scheduled work time is never the time you should count on working, low morale.
This was absolutely the worst ambulance service i have ever worked for. As a part timer going to school full time to get into med school with another full time hospital job, it didn't matter that i could only work 3-4 times a month for them. I was given an ultimatum to quit and leave on a good note, or be fired and ineligible for rehire. I have never been told this by any company that i have worked for when they know I'm only part time and attempting to better myself through education. The management and supervision constantly tell you that you will have the opportunity to get off on time, but that never happens. Trucks that are scheduled to get off after you will get let go 2 hours before you. After receiving the ultimatum, i quit and was immediately hired by a local FD who actually cares about their emts and medics. I would never work for them again.
never a dull moment
Supervisor (Current Employee), Lexington KyApril 20, 2015
AMR is a great place to work. You have different challenges each day. Management always listens to crew members that are meeting difficult challenges that they can't get through
Fulfilling job
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), West Sacramento, CAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Seeing the gratitude on someones face after you've helped them
Cons: Physical injuries
This job is very hard on the body physically, it requires heavy lifting, and the ability to be able to adapt to stressful situations and sometimes think outside the norm. Logistics are a big part of treating a patient, how to move them, with what equipment, how to treat them while moving them. More often than not you don't meet people at their best. You have to be able to treat their ailment, but to show compassion or just listen to them. The best part of the job is being able to help the person and hopefully fix the reason they called 911 in the first place. The Paramedics and EMT's I work with are some of the best, highly trained people in the industry.
Poor moral with a division between employees
Paramedic (Former Employee), Riverside, CAApril 16, 2015
Long hours with preferential treatment of certain employees by management and dispatchers. Misuse of authority and retaliative punitive measures if actions regarding management were asked. Poor representation by the Union reps, and the division of field employees by a distinct seperation of the division itself.
Good company to work for
Insurance Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Modesto, CAApril 12, 2015
The environment was enjoyable, great co-workers and supervisors,
learning new things about medical billing was very challenging.
It was a challenging yet rewarding position.
911 Call Reciever (Former Employee), Springfield, MAApril 8, 2015
I enjoyed learning how to process 911 calls. My co - workers were very helpful. Defusing the caller while dispatching an ambulance was intense but I always kept calm.
Excellant job
Transporter (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 29, 2015
AMR is a wonderful place to work. A family atmosphere. Great people to work with. Management has an open door policy, and are friendly and easy to communicate with.
Working around the clock to help to triage and transport
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), Pompano Bch, FL.March 27, 2015
Fun and educational. The people are friendly and easy to work with. Everyday is a new learning experience. This job is the best.
Productive Work Environment
Senior Coordinator Trainer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 26, 2015
My job consisted of giving world class customer service daily, management was great, and my co-workers were a joy to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping others.
Good pay and good co-workers, management is not on your side.
Paramedic (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 22, 2015
Pros: liberal field protocols, generally supportive union, competitive salary.
Cons: healthcare plans not progressive, no night differential, seems like a fight for everything during contract negotiations.
Large company that employs a high amount of medics and other emergency personnel. Pay is high and working conditions are acceptable, but management is not part of the union and the separation between supervisors and field employees is fairly distinct. The company also tends to cut corners when it comes to promoting and maintaining employee mental and physical health.
miserable place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 20, 2015
The company that I worked for is Access 2 Care an affiliate of American Medical response I would never refer anyone to this employer . they do not care about their employees, they do wants best for the company. I was miserable the whole time there.
Fun Place to work at
Administrative Support / Dispatcher (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAMarch 18, 2015
American Medical Response is a great Company to work for and has great Benefits. There is plenty of room for growth if you are willing to work for it.
Fun but gets old fast
EMT B (Current Employee), Spokane, WAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: great experience
Cons: easy burn out
AMR was a very exciting job to have at first. But, like every corporate company they like to have fewer people work harder to maximize profit. Makes a fun job old very fast. They don't care for their employees like they should and moral is constantly low.
Medic please
CCT Paramedic (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: opportunity always knocking
Cons: physically harmful, dangerous, hours
I loved working as a CCT-Paramedic! I met tons of people from all walks of life...

Every day was an opportunity to learn. As much as I loved this job, my bones and body did not. The physical depleation is sad but what a great life I had then.
Good Place To Work For
accounts receicvable (Former Employee), Modesto, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: full time with beneifts
Cons: outsources to cut cost
I enjoyed my work over the past 8 years to bad they out soucred, durting my time I gained a lot of knowledge and all that I learned was on the job I did work with some great superviors and established long time friendships with co-workers
Fun place to work
Data Entry/ Coder (Former Employee), Torrance, CAFebruary 24, 2015
It improves by focusing on your work strengths, and by being vulnerable and not being afraid of emotional intimacy.In order to be successful in most team environments, it's important to build relationships throughout the organization.
Excellent workplace
Emergency Medical Dispatcher (Current Employee), Natick, MAFebruary 21, 2015
I have worked for many years as a dispatcher and it has been a valuable and continual learning process. It is a valuable job and a benefit to the community.
a joke of a company
former emt (Former Employee), tampaFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: some good calls
Cons: poor mgmt poor staffing, poor pay and a company of liars
This job is a joke they play you and never are truthful and very shady i would never rec anyone ever working here and they will fire you w/o cause and lie to its clients and customers and the supervision is uneducated in being leading its employees, a bad place to work the pay sucks and the compensation is worse, they never will be grateful and if your a good looking female you get what you want this company in Tampa is by far the worst people who work here as new employees dont know but be here for number of years and see what this company will do to you and for what it really is there is no brotherhood/sisterhood, only backstabbers and people that are lazy they make their employees lie and worse they never have the equipment that works
911 experience is good
Paramedic (Current Employee), Riverside, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Good experience providing 911 service in Riverside County. Enjoy working for AMR. Never had any issues with management or supervisors.
Hard Physical Work
Emergency Medical Tech-Driver (Former Employee), Jackson, MsFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: shift
Cons: heavy lifting
Job was physically hard. I lifted heavy medical equipment repetitively on a daily basis (ex: 4ft oxygen tanks, 10lbs EKG machines, etc.). I enjoyed the schedule of 12hr shifts w/ 7 days on and 7 off.

About American Medical Response

Because driving yourself to the emergency room isn't always the best plan, there is American Medical Response (AMR). With thousands – Read more

American Medical Response Salaries

$45,000 per year
Emergency Medical Technician
$30,000 per year

American Medical Response Photos

Meeting of the Minds. Me with 2 of my bosses.  Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil.
EMT class graduation for local fire departments 2013