American Medical Response Employee Reviews

N/a
Full Time Paramedic (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 20, 2017
Stressful
Poor

I enjoy my co-workers but our management team, training team are lacking the skills needed to be in there current position. No training is conducted for there employees.
Workplace Culture
Emergency Medical Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOSeptember 20, 2017
It is quick-paced; most of the time. I like the rotating schedule; because it gives me every other weekend off. The downfall are the 12 hour shifts. 8 to 10 hour days would be better.
Pros
Every other weekend off.
Cons
12 hour shifts
Great Place to Work
Dispatch Operator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 20, 2017
Great Place, Wonderful stepping stone to further your career. The staff is great, always willing to help out. Training is wonderful and very hands on.
Just another private EMS company
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 19, 2017
Believe the rumors you hear as everyone but current employees know what's really going on. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is - AMR included. Fiscally irresponsible with broken promises.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Broken system with too many inconsistencies
No chance at advancement
Emergency Medical Technician / Driver (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 17, 2017
I loved this job but hated the way it was ran. If you are anything but Latin then you won't fit in and are treated as the red headed step child. I worked for this company for 10 years and never felt like I fit in. The management don't care about the employees and pay raises are hard to come by.
Pros
Great place to gain expierience
Cons
Unfair work enviroment
This can be a difficult place to work.
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOSeptember 16, 2017
This service is very busy. Be ready to hit the ground sprinting, and be ready to drag others with you. There are some really good people and some with bad attitudes that drag everyone else down. I don't feel like management has my back, but that's just me. Most of my 12 hour shifts turn into 13 or 14 hour shifts because of paperwork.
Pros
Busy service - variety of calls - good experience
Cons
Little to no break, rarely go home on time
Very Demanding and unappreciated
Paramedic/Critical Care Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 13, 2017
Management had zero regard foe employees or patients, 100% of focus was making the company money and none went back to the employees or the patients that we took care of.
Pros
Great Job
Cons
Terrible Company to do it for
Company Name
Emergency Medical Dispatcher/Call Taker (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 12, 2017
If you are looking to work for a company and the name alone carries weight, American Medical Response is the place to be. The place offers one great experience, however, the workload can be stressful and the pay does not match the responsibilities.
great
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 11, 2017
I enjoyed working there. The company moved out of town and lots of jobs where lost. There was a chance to grow within the company. Flexible hours, and good pay.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
jobs was not able to work with my work schedule
Busy, but rewarding feelings
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 10, 2017
Busy 911 ambulance company, we work in conjunction with other allied agencies to provide public services to those in need. Most difficult part of the job is that it never seems to slow down, and that we are always being pushed to move faster.
amr
Dispatcher II (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CASeptember 10, 2017
Working here is stressful and if supervision listened to the employees the morale would probably increase. we had had our fair share of bad apples and some employees are easily persuaded
fast paced
Medicare Follow Up Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COSeptember 6, 2017
company was very professional, and fast paced. The management was courteous, supportive, but very professional. Great enviroment, supportive team members.
Fun and exciting
PARAMEDIC (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 5, 2017
great company to work for, didn't plan on leaving but had a family medical emergency that forced me to move out of state and leave the work force for an extended period of time
Decent place to work
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 5, 2017
Managers at the base in SF were great. AMR provides opportunities to advance if you want to stop at being a medic. Most people will end up staying at AMR for years so you can develop some great relationships
I loved working there.
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 4, 2017
I really grew as a Paramedic during my time there. I made life long friendships. Each work day was not like going to work at all.
There was some corporate stuff to put up with, all and all it was worth it.
Excellent place to work
Vehicle Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CASeptember 4, 2017
Excellent place to work. 12 hour shifts and company runs 24 hours daily. Would love to work there again in another capacity. Wonderful staff and open door policy.
Great place to get experience.
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 2, 2017
Its a great place to start out because its important to understand what we do as medics. Not everything is as black and white as its made out to be and AMR helps paint a better picture. :)
Very fast paced
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOSeptember 2, 2017
AMR independence is a great place to work to gain experience quickly.

Pros: Great experience in short period of time (10+ Calls per shift).
Short transport times to hospitals.
Management enjoys seeing you grow and support growth.
No Micromangement.

Cons:Low wages
Sit in Ambulance for 12+ hours.
Under staffed.
Equipment is bare minimum.
Ambulances are old
Made good money
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GASeptember 1, 2017
I started working here right out of medic school. It was super busy but pay was good. Plenty of hours to pick up because they were always short handed.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
short staffed
Awesome Job
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXAugust 31, 2017
Great team of employees with a wealth of knowledge.
AMR has an excellent company reputation and it is
easy to market. Employees are all very hard working and
like their jobs.
Pros
excellent reputation
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Medical Response. Our community is ready to answer.