American Medical Response Employee Reviews

High pace production
Medicare Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 18, 2016
Working for AMR was a great experience. Flexible hours in office and then worked from home. Enjoyed and made a few friends from co workers. We worked together as a team. Supervisors were helpful when available. The hardest part of job was avoiding the office gossip as they intended to try to bring you in on it when told politely i would not be involved in it.
Pros
flexible hours and after years of driving, worked from home.
Cons
had to learn some coworkers were not your friends, had to stay away from gossip and politely let people know i was not interested in the gossip.
Great Place! Great People!
Human Resources Representative - Current Duties (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXAugust 17, 2016
This is a wonderful place to work with a great team of skilled individuals. Amazing benefit packages available. Great opportunities for participation in response teams, engagement teams and growth!!!
Pros
Benefit Packages 5 Stars!
Production
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLAugust 15, 2016
Still learning first Job reallly excited out my outcome and learning im just getting out of training im in nesting period but enjoy my time with helping elders get to and from appointments and making sure there on time . Most enjoyable day is getting my first Kudos calls knowing that im going beyond measure for customers
Great job but the people working there are miserable
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 15, 2016
You expect to get out of work at least an hour late every day, yet some employees still get upset when this happens. The typical work day is very busy and makes time fly by, and overtime is abundant.
Pros
Tons of overtime
Cons
Coworkers, very miserable
Coworker are the glue.
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 14, 2016
Response to the emergency and nonemergency calls while delivering care patients. Must perform duties what in their scope of practice and know county and state protocols and company policies Patient care and working with wonderful partners and co workers made the job fun.
great place to start off in EMS but dont recommend staying
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 29, 2016
depending if you are special events /part time/ full time work environment varies. the hardest part was communication relaying what the field crew needs or what they could improve on was difficult. but for the most part if you make corporate happy its a lax environment.
Pros
state juristiction
Cons
restrictive pay/lack of communication/nearly dead trucks
Busy growing company
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2016
-Interfacility based system but run 911 calls with county fire.
-Company doing lots of growth in the US.
-Staff is friendly
-Good equipment
-Staff is friendly
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Average pay
Rewarding jobecause of helping people in need.
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 18, 2016
You check your ambulance in the beginning of the shift to ake sure of sufficient supplies inside and outside of the truck.
Sign on to dispatch that you are ready to go and dependingon call volume of patient transfers or 911 calls, you are either given a post or immediately get a call.
This continues throughout the day and night.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Very physical
typical day of work
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJuly 10, 2016
going in early and transporting patients to facilities all day or sitting in the van waiting for a call and getting off late
Dfw
Emergency Medical Technician- PARAMEDIC (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXJuly 1, 2016
It is an overall great company. I started my career with this company. You have the ability to learn as much as you want, or a little as you want.
Emt at amr
Emergency Medical Technician-Operations (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 27, 2016
While working at AMR as and EMT-B I had the ability to work along paramedic partners in ALS ambulance in 911 responses. This particular branch is extremely busy and provided me with the development of skills in a fast-pace environment and in uncommon situations. I was responsible on staying on top of my paperwork and narrative within a 24-48 hours of incident for proper billing and Medicare reasons. AMR allotted me the chance to create relationships with the community police and fire department, as well as the hospital staff at local emergency departments.

The management at this particular branch has been received negatively by most employees due to most choices and ways of communicating to employees. At times, it seemed that the managers were more focused on making money from BLS transfers, than the safety of the community and staff by leaving 1 truck for the whole city of Evansville 911. Some managers, who hold active PMD certs, would hold crews over their 12 hour shifts on BLS transfers or 911 runs instead of making runs themselves while on duty to the crew's frustration. Recently, video cameras were installed in some of the ambulances but without crew's consents and seemed to be more to watch individuals and try to get them in trouble more than for the safety of the crews. On multiple occasions state protocols were ignored, at the command of managers, due to short staffing or to cut down on costs.

On a more positive note, working at AMR allowed me the chance to act as patient advocate and help people on their worst days. Naturally, some citizens take advantage of the
  more... 911 system, which is frustrating to most, if not all, EMS personal. Overall, my experience at AMR was rewarding in allowing me to develop my skills as a clinician and communicate with patients more effectively. There are some great people at AMR who really care about their patients and take their job and responsibility seriously.  less
Pros
Patient advocate, being able to help people, free snacks at EDs
Cons
Stressful situations, fast turn around for employees, dissatisfaction of managers
My experience working for AMR was enjoyable.
AMR employee (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 9, 2016
Working with many levels of employees I was able to see see everyone is very dedicated to patient care.

Many efforts are made to provide the best care possible.

True care givers.
Pros
Good Department Communication
Cons
More communication across departments needed
AMR is a decent place to work.
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 8, 2016
If you want to get your foot in the door, it is a decent stepping stone. I went from Fire & 911 Dispatching to IF, so days are quite slow and not fast paced.. Management is not the best. If you want something done, do not expect it to be quick. The other employees are quite lazy and have no work ethic. Other than the pay, I do not enjoy my job.
Wonderful company, tight group, strict policies
Emergency Medical Technician - Basic (Former Employee) –  Lacygne, KSJune 6, 2016
Great atmosphere, accepting and dedicated to their craft, but still fun loving and easy going when the sirens are't roaring, provide wonderful opportunities for training and advancement, with few downsides besides some of the typical corporate restrictions typical for such a large company.
Pros
rewarding and professional job that makes you feel proud
Cons
large corporation with all the strict management involved
Great
driver I (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 5, 2016
New trucks ,tho not always cleaned properly and materials needs help. I love my job cause i can help people when there in need of an ambulance. Employees are nice and ready to work.
Pros
Great experience and really good atmosphere.
Cons
Units are not always clean. Needs to be more accountability.
American medical response
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 1, 2016
Great company ! Very good with training people and getting them comfortable with assisting people in emergency situations. Amazing asset to the public
Productive always on your feet
Vehicle Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAMay 28, 2016
Always busy. hardest part is constantly being in the hot sun in polyester uniforms. Co workers are amazing, sometimes work load is overwhelming.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Management, heat
Poor management
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 26, 2016
Under staffed, poor management and communication in this region. Other employees across the country seem to love the company.
t was a diverse work environment.
Revenue Recovery Manager (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 26, 2016
I enjoyed working with the staff, clients, and patients. I believe through the years, I was able to make a positive change in the work place, and communities AMR served.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to see failing employee's succeed.
Great
Emergency Medical First Responder (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 21, 2016
Great group of people to work for. the management team is very nice. If your looking for a good job that will give you plenty of experience in the EMS field AMR is your calling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Medical Response. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval