American Medical Response Employee Reviews

Wow
Paramedic-Field Training Officer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 14, 2015
Private EMS company that has little regard for their employees, at least in the Kansas market. Profit is main driving factor of staffing, and nothing else seems to matter. The general public suffers from this. I have heard this has "gotten better" but have no verification of this.
Pros
Tons of overtime
Cons
Tons of overtime
Family
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMay 11, 2015
Best department in the world. A family from your family. I have never been a place I felt so accepted. Everyday brings something new and anybody can provide you with a smile
Pros
Big red truck sirens saving lives
Customer Service
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2015
I enjoyed going to work and dealing with the public, i also had a great time working with my coworkers and interacting with everyone in the office.
One of the better private companies
EMT-FTO (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 7, 2015
Overall better than most private companies in the area. Base pay rate is lower than other compaies, however you get daily run bonus which on average increases your rate to $2-$3 more and hour!
Transportation company, Medical field
Driver/Aide (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMay 7, 2015
On-call pager system. given an address to go to to pick up a patient.Use of maps to locate address. Drove all over Connecticut to find different hospitals and doctor's offices. Co-workers were very helpful in finding addresses and also were team oriented. Lifting customers up one or two steps to get into their private homes. I love to travel and this company offered a lot of that.
Pros
Full Benefits
Love working for this caring and responsible company
Emergency Medical Technician - Basic (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 5, 2015
I personally love this company and how they treat their employees and how their employees daily work equipment. They truly care about safety and spare nothing to be ahead or make their employees lives easier. The only issue I have is a conflict of interest as the supervisors at my job area have friendships with regular employees so it is intimidating if not impossible to go to them if you have an issues with the people that supervisors are friends with. im sure that is not the case at other branches but for the sake of being honest, I include that information.
Other than that, the company is truly awesome to work for and I hope to not have to leave and can continue until I retire.
Pros
Great benefits, wonderful rewarding days out of an office
Cons
Supervisors having conflict of interest friendships
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMay 5, 2015
A Great place to work and fulfill your career goals. Management is very helpful and the work environment is great. I met great people working for American Medical Response and I liked my working hours and Schedule Rotation
Horrible management/low morale
emergency medical technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 23, 2015
This was absolutely the worst ambulance service i have ever worked for. As a part timer going to school full time to get into med school with another full time hospital job, it didn't matter that i could only work 3-4 times a month for them. I was given an ultimatum to quit and leave on a good note, or be fired and ineligible for rehire. I have never been told this by any company that i have worked for when they know I'm only part time and attempting to better myself through education. The management and supervision constantly tell you that you will have the opportunity to get off on time, but that never happens. Trucks that are scheduled to get off after you will get let go 2 hours before you. After receiving the ultimatum, i quit and was immediately hired by a local FD who actually cares about their emts and medics. I would never work for them again.
Pros
experience with medical emergencies, the chance to work on quality patient care
Cons
no breaks, poor management, your scheduled work time is never the time you should count on working, low morale.
never a dull moment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lexington KyApril 20, 2015
AMR is a great place to work. You have different challenges each day. Management always listens to crew members that are meeting difficult challenges that they can't get through
Fulfilling job
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAApril 20, 2015
This job is very hard on the body physically, it requires heavy lifting, and the ability to be able to adapt to stressful situations and sometimes think outside the norm. Logistics are a big part of treating a patient, how to move them, with what equipment, how to treat them while moving them. More often than not you don't meet people at their best. You have to be able to treat their ailment, but to show compassion or just listen to them. The best part of the job is being able to help the person and hopefully fix the reason they called 911 in the first place. The Paramedics and EMT's I work with are some of the best, highly trained people in the industry.
Pros
Seeing the gratitude on someones face after you've helped them
Cons
Physical injuries
Poor moral with a division between employees
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 16, 2015
Long hours with preferential treatment of certain employees by management and dispatchers. Misuse of authority and retaliative punitive measures if actions regarding management were asked. Poor representation by the Union reps, and the division of field employees by a distinct seperation of the division itself.
Good company to work for
Insurance Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 12, 2015
The environment was enjoyable, great co-workers and supervisors,
learning new things about medical billing was very challenging.
It was a challenging yet rewarding position.
911 Call Reciever (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 8, 2015
I enjoyed learning how to process 911 calls. My co - workers were very helpful. Defusing the caller while dispatching an ambulance was intense but I always kept calm.
Excellant job
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 29, 2015
AMR is a wonderful place to work. A family atmosphere. Great people to work with. Management has an open door policy, and are friendly and easy to communicate with.
Working around the clock to help to triage and transport
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Pompano Bch, FL.March 27, 2015
Fun and educational. The people are friendly and easy to work with. Everyday is a new learning experience. This job is the best.
Productive Work Environment
Senior Coordinator Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 26, 2015
My job consisted of giving world class customer service daily, management was great, and my co-workers were a joy to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping others.
Good pay and good co-workers, management is not on your side.
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 22, 2015
Large company that employs a high amount of medics and other emergency personnel. Pay is high and working conditions are acceptable, but management is not part of the union and the separation between supervisors and field employees is fairly distinct. The company also tends to cut corners when it comes to promoting and maintaining employee mental and physical health.
Pros
liberal field protocols, generally supportive union, competitive salary.
Cons
healthcare plans not progressive, no night differential, seems like a fight for everything during contract negotiations.
miserable place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2015
The company that I worked for is Access 2 Care an affiliate of American Medical response I would never refer anyone to this employer . they do not care about their employees, they do wants best for the company. I was miserable the whole time there.
Fun Place to work at
Administrative Support / Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 18, 2015
American Medical Response is a great Company to work for and has great Benefits. There is plenty of room for growth if you are willing to work for it.
Fun but gets old fast
EMT B (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 17, 2015
AMR was a very exciting job to have at first. But, like every corporate company they like to have fewer people work harder to maximize profit. Makes a fun job old very fast. They don't care for their employees like they should and moral is constantly low.
Pros
great experience
Cons
easy burn out