American Medical Response

American Medical Response United States Employee Reviews

Billing agent/ Coder (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSOctober 17, 2014
Pros: professional yet fun enviornment. being recognized for a good job
Cons: nothing
Going in to your desk knowing that you are not going to face a day of
drama. You go in and do your work and offer help to anyone that may need it.

Learning that working in this industry demands a certain type of person. You have to have compassion and patience to deal with the
hub of the operation. You work closely with people that are out in the field that come across a variety of situations.

Hardest part of the job was leaving at your scheduled time. You didn't want to leave anything unfinished in case someone needed to review an encounter from the previous day.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of knowing that you made a difference in someone's day
they run you to death in the field and only care about turning over calls, not their hard-working employees
EMT (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLOctober 11, 2014
Pros: absolutely none
Cons: false accusations, forced to grossly exceed lifting standards, $9/hr
As a field EMT or Paramedic, you are disposable at this company. The only thing they care about is turning over calls as quickly as possible. Field workers are not allowed a lunch, in fact youre not allowed to even stop for food, pay is only $9/hr. They insist that you exceed the lifting capacity standards with only 2 crew members, they say BLS trucks dont need a Pulse oximeter, "those are only for ALS trucks, if your patient turns blue then bag em". They violate the Federal Dept of Labor laws about what HR says to anyone calling to inquire if you worked there, beware anyone looking to ever get another job ever, someone is going to have to sue them to force them to follow the law and NOT talk trash about you and literally drag your hard-earned licenses/degrees/student loans/reputation through the mud. It is literally illegal what they will say about you. They will actually falsely accuse you of wrongdoing and write you up, so if you ever work with a bad employee who lies that you did something wrong or someone who just screws up, whomever they like better will walk away scott free and the other person will end up with a completely false writeup in your file. If you care about the patients and your patient care, you will NOT do well at this company. I took my concerns to the President of the company and he sloughed it off on someone who is just as crooked as the frontline Mgrs, they dont care about the employees and dont care how good of an EMT/Paramedic you are, if that bad employee falsely accuses you, or a good employee just screws up, YOU will get the short straw.
Love it
Paramedic (Current Employee), Stone Mountain, GAOctober 11, 2014
The best place to do this job. Quick in service time. HR is the best. Nice equipment.
challenging, interesting, fun employees
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Stockton, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: feeling like family
Cons: long hours
going on 911 or BLS calls, never knowing what lay ahead of you on a call. management and crews where great people.hardest part was loosing a patient when you know it could of been prevented
Love this place!
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 9, 2014
Great place to work! Fun, laid-back, and fast-paced. Lots of room to grow and opportunities to learn.
Paramedic in high call volume service
Paramedic (Current Employee), Dekalb County, GAOctober 7, 2014
AMR is a great place to work. I am looking to expand my capabilities as a medic and start working as a RN.
I loved working there.
Clerk (Former Employee), Torrance, CAOctober 6, 2014
I really thought i was going to work there longer than 9 years.
Productive, diligent, hard working place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Livermore, CAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Great place to help at. My co-workers were great, hardest part was it's a full day, and the human resources department is a tough one and I'm not an office person, I prefer not to be in a bat cage all day, but I did enjoy interacting with everyone, and being part and effective on the job.
Nice place to work
Accounts Receivable Medicare Representative (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSSeptember 22, 2014
I did not get to work for AMR for very long due to my relocation, but while there I found the work very interesting. As they were one of few companies that was willing to hire me right out of school it was a great learning environment.
Productive Company
Contract Representative (Current Employee), CASeptember 18, 2014
I am hard worker and when it comes to my job I put all my efforts into it and get my job done the right way and efficient. I always overlook my work to may sure everything is accurate.
Paramedic (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 17, 2014
great company with supervisors that adhear to the empolyess
Nice place to work
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Akron, OHSeptember 16, 2014
every day was the same. billing insurance and patients. hardest part was lack of people interaction
Customer service representative
Customer Service Representative/ Dispatcher (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: hour lunches and free parking.
Cons: expensive health insurance. part time position
A typical day at work would be answering and resolving patients issues.
I learned how to be patient and deal with irate people.
Management was fair.
Co-workers were quiet and focused on their work.
The hardest part of the job was trying to obtain a full-time position.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being appreciated by patients' whose problem I resolved.
Fun to work family oriented before the big lay off happen
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee), Livermore, CaliforniaSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: understanding with employees needs
Cons: managers or higher up management not associating with entry leverl employees.
Working for American Medical Response was a very knowledgeable experience as well as educational. I have learned so much about the union contracts, payroll federal policy such as FLSA calculation.Kronos Workforce Timekeeping Attendance.
good environment for work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 4, 2014
enter tickets from ambulances into system, deal with insurance companies. Management was visable and heard. Co-workers helpful and caring. Everyone got along well. The hours were good.
Great job, bad company
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 2, 2014
Cons: do not care about employees
Great job but the company does not seem to care about their employees.
rewarding job
EMT (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 30, 2014
A typical day at work was fast-paced, physically and emotionally challenging but also very rewarding. Patient interaction and well as interaction with staff in and around NYC provided me with the opportunity to learn valuable skills on a daily basis.
good place to work
Government Billing Representative (Former Employee), Torrance, CAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: good work environment that's patient and employee focused
AMR is a good place to work. Great work environment in which your co-workers become family.
shutdown NY division
Operations Officer/ Emergency Medical Tech. (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 28, 2014
Pros: rewarding job
Cons: new york division shutdown
the company shutdown its new york division
other than that it was a very good company to work for
Do not apply here!!!!!!!!!! They are nice only durning training.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), ClearwaterAugust 25, 2014
The worst job ever.The pay sucks you cant make a living.They lie and tell you oh you will get a raise and nothing ever happens.The mangers dont know how to mangage they explain your job description and you end up doing nothing they said you would be doing.You do everyone else job while they does nothing every one else job for $8.50 hr.not worth it. At least knowledge the employee they dont even do that.This is not a real company.They steal money from the goverment and make false trips to pocket money.All they want you to do is only go to lunch and no other breaks unless its on lunch.Supervisor never want to handle calls even when client ask for one they tell you to handle it.This job is embarrassment and they should even be open unless they get the right manaagment in the office.Make changes this is not a job to be proud of there is no room to grow with the company.Had to find a better job a real job that you can be proud of.this is not the way is a non long term company smh .Until now do yourself a favor and do waist your time.1000 THUMBS DOWN still counting

About American Medical Response

Because driving yourself to the emergency room isn't always the best plan, there is American Medical Response (AMR). With thousands – Read more

American Medical Response Salaries

$12.97 per hour
Paramedic
$20.38 per hour

American Medical Response Photos

Meeting of the Minds. Me with 2 of my bosses.  Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil.
EMT class graduation for local fire departments 2013