American Medical Response Employee Reviews

t was a diverse work environment.
Revenue Recovery Manager (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 26, 2016
I enjoyed working with the staff, clients, and patients. I believe through the years, I was able to make a positive change in the work place, and communities AMR served.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to see failing employee's succeed.
Great
Emergency Medical First Responder (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 21, 2016
Great group of people to work for. the management team is very nice. If your looking for a good job that will give you plenty of experience in the EMS field AMR is your calling
Fast paced enviroment
Operations Supervisor/Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 19, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is sevring my co workers and customers. If I can brighten someone's day my day is complete
Pros
INTERACTIONS WITH COWORKERS AND CUSTOMERS
Cons
LONG DAYS
fun place to work
Accounts Payable Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2016
fun place to work, big company many opportunities to travel. All of the office that underneath the umbrella of AMR are really great t work for.
Pros
pay
Cons
local management
Loved my job
Prebilling Coder (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 25, 2016
Very good work environment, very flexible and loved to work and do my job. Too bad they had to outsource. Management was always updating and giving us refreshers.
Pros
flexible
fun enviornment
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICHIAN- EMT - I (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 22, 2016
i really enjoy my past job experiences. I have learned alot during my career. i want to be able to advance and pay agreeable to advancement. I am a hard worker, and a quick learner. Always willing to try new things in order to progress.
Team work
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 11, 2016
Everyone is a team player, from HR to the boss, management is always there to listen. Time off is always given when there is an emergency and long as a note from a professional is given.
Pros
Everyone works a team.
Cons
If someone calls out sick you're doing a double.
Good first EMT job
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 11, 2016
I learned how to provide better patient care and enjoyed taking care of patients. I was not happy with schedule or sitting in truck all day in parking lot.
About AMR
EMT-Basic (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 10, 2016
It was a job that I was trained to do and AMR afforded me the opportunity to use the skills and knowledge I have in order to succeed in my job.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
For what we do and have to deal with, the pay and benefits could be better
EMS life
Ambulance operator (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 6, 2016
Great company with decent benefits, but it is very reactive. The pay is terrible but the staff is awesome. Easy to schedule around school and family. Stable safe work.
Pros
experience and overtime is available
Cons
sometimes you cant take a lunch, or break, and almost never get off on time.

Want to know more about American Medical Response?

Ask a question
Typical private ambulance service
Field Training Officer (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMarch 29, 2016
Definitely opportunities if you apply yourself, and decent work environment if you apply yourself, keep your head down, and do your job perfectly.
workplace
EMT (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 25, 2016
I enjoyed this job and enjoyed the details of the job. Had the office not closed in 2013, I would still be working there. We were given a 2 week notice at Christmas that Dec 31st the doors would close.
Pros
Good pay, good place to work
Cons
Never knowing who you work with or the calls you will get
Overall, American Medical Response is a very relaxed and comfortable place to work.
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 23, 2016
A typical day at American Medical Response includes, clocking in at the main office,and checking out the ambulance to see what supplies are needed. Once we gather our supplies, we then drive over to one of our comfort stations and wait for a call to come in. Our calls vary from clients complaining of shoulder pain, to transporting people back to convalescent centers from the hospital, to abdominal discomfort at a dialysis center. I have learned from past experience that some nurses don't always give accurate information in regards to their clients. Management for the most part is very friendly and fair as long as your not a problem employee. Co-workers at the company tend to get along quite well. The hardest part of the job is dealing with family members when a loved one has pasted away. The most enjoyable part of being an EMT at AMR is interacting with the public.
Pros
Interacting with the public. Having a client tell me that I did a wonderful job.
Cons
Dealing with extremely violent psychiatric clients.
Productive and active environment
911 Operator (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 18, 2016
In a typical day you are answering 100+ emergent and non -emergent calls, setting up transportation, coordinating with other EMS agencies when necessary
Pros
Pay, co-workers
Cons
management
Emergency Response and Transport
EMT-Basic/ Disaster Response Team Board Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAMarch 13, 2016
Great place to work, great place to gain responder experience, emergency situations, work as a team, patient care, room to advance career in patient care, and disaster response.
Great Field Crews
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 9, 2016
Strong field crews, management more concerned about their careers and advancement then employees. Willing to throw employees under the bus with no defense of strong performers.
911 call operator
All clerical to assist leadership (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MS 39503March 3, 2016
Working at American Medical Response was a very high demand job with peoples lives depending on us. It was both exciting and humbling to work for such a great complany
Ops Manager
Operational Paramedic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAMarch 3, 2016
Day to Day business operation supervisor,.for cape ambulance division. ambulance fleet of 10 and 4 chair cars. duties included staffing, vehicle maintenance ,OSHA reports, ordering of medical supplies. State inspections. Interfacility ALS transports. Maintaining equipment. Drug logs. efficiency of paperwork of staff, billing. Staff of 30. Hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to co workers when the division was downsized and Cape division was closed.
The most enjoyable part of working was the team effort by all employees.
Pros
have monthly special day. Pizza day, Ice cream day, burger day, pie day, Lobster bake
Cons
24 hour shifts busy days and up all night
Amr
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 2, 2016
Overall a good place to work. Flexible schedule, ability to work at any time. The supervisory crew lacks interpersonal skills.
Well Diversed
Call-taker / Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 28, 2016
This company has given me a great step in the door for my lifetime career choice as a 911 Call-taker and dispatcher. I have learned to be the calm in every situation handed to me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Medical Response. Our community is ready to answer.

American Medical Response Reviews by Location