American Medical Response Employee Reviews

I have nothing to review
Prebilling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 22, 2017
I have nothing to comment. While working there I was required to work mandatory OT every week. departments were pinkslipped and I did not enjoy my employment experience at this location
Pros
no pros
Cons
all cons
Parametic and Tech Scheduler
Ambulance Staff Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 21, 2017
Fast Paced, high priority, must be oriented to several layers of action at once with a landscape view of it all. Double and triple check all work for perfection. Lives depend on the right people showing up!
Pros
Getting to meet young people with their eye on helping others
Cons
not everyone shows up ready to work.
Loved working for this company!
Regional Fleet Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 20, 2017
Working for American Medical Response I learned many things. The management was always available to help when problems occurred. Great team in the vehicle maintenance department. We all worked together for the same goal.
Great Place to Woirk
REMOTE - CODING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 20, 2017
American Medical Response is a large company who offers extensive training and ample room for growth. They hire within to give their own employees room for advancement.
Pros
Extensive Training, Bagel Days
Cons
High Expectations
Emt
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 19, 2017
There is a great difference between AMR 911 and AMR Sutter. Currently, I am in AMR Sutter that has been a shaky start and continues to be uncertain place to work. I left two jobs to work for AMR, which shows how much I want to work for AMR, but the AMR Sutter Division appears to have a lot of loose ends in management, roles, and Job security. I feel that we are dispensable by both AMR and Sutter Health, and an nuisance to AMR 911 management. Seeking information and advice from supervisors is troublesome, and a last resort. I am honored to work for AMR, but I do not feel that I have a future with them, because of the way we are treated.
Pros
It's AMR.
Cons
Pay could be better, uncertainty of the future, co-workers appear as revivals instead of team members.
Management plays favoritism with employees
Prebill Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 18, 2017
Current management is horrible. Worst I have ever worked for. Employees have more knowledge of their job functions than the management staff. Supervisors shop online all day while pretending to work.
Lot as of emails, conference calls and travel. Very good posturing by some. My boss was the only one with any commin sense and true vision for improve
Quality Assurance Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2017
Subsidiary of major health care provider. So many layers. Good salaries.

Incapable of meeting contracted requirements.

Chronically and acutely ill patients compromised due to poor performance of vendor contractors
Pros
Great benefits. Travel. Good software tools. Opportunity to work in community organizations.
Cons
Being forgotten during holidays etc., not enoughinteraction with CSR's etc.
Great experience, use as a stepping stone
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 16, 2017
Amr is a great place to start your career before going to the fire dept, police, paramedic, or nursing. You get alot of great experience. Advancement in this division is pretty difficult. A lot of it is if you are favored by supervision, or management . When and if you become a teacher or a field trainer, the company will work you to the bone, and use you as much as possible. It is a stressful job, not everyone is cut out to do this job. Wages are a little low, benefits currently are very bad. They do offer health, vision, dental, 401k. My advice do your job follow the rules, keep your head down and you will be fine. No breaks, or lunches. Poor morale.
Pros
great experience
Cons
no breaks, no lunches, poor wages, moral is very low
Good for a starting EMT position
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2017
A typical work day varied between picking up dialysis patients and taking them to their appointment or retrieving discharge patients from the hospital. You can also work concerts, high school football games, and be a medical examiner.
Stressful
EMT-B, Field Training Officer (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAAugust 15, 2017
The work environment is stressful and the management in the operations was very demeaning to employees. The rank and file employees who took their job seriously were the shining example of professionalism.
Bad place to work
Call Intake (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXAugust 15, 2017
Its high level of stress for the pay and no room to really grow although they will tell you have all the room to move up. The pay and benefits are totally not satisfying its to demanding always changing. The people are very caddy and shallow. The job as a whole is not what I believed it would be when I accepted the position. Training is horrible. THE SHIFTS ARE A WHOLE OTHER LEVEL. THEY ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE NO UNIFORMITY HERE. They will change your shift without letting you know and expect for you to just jump on board.
Patient Billing Services
Cash Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 11, 2017
This company's patient billing services office closed in Akron, OH several years ago. According to Business Insider, the company was just sold for over $2 Billion.
somewhat fun, most of the time work non stop with no breaks at all
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87107August 11, 2017
most times are very busy and company keeps you going call after cal, after call and you won't get breaks or time to try to eat. management could improve on understanding crews concerns instead of making comments of "be glad they have a job".
Pros
good equipment
Cons
lack of training opportunities, staging in trucks away from others and away from co workers, and lack of time to eat and teamwork from other crews is somewhat lacking
Work environment
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 9, 2017
Great work place. Supervisors are always very helpful and fair. All of my coworkers are the best people to work with. I wouldn't want to be any place else
Excellent Company
Medicare and Medicaid's Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CA 90502August 8, 2017
So far the best company I have ever work with. They provide all the necessary training, education that an employee needs for further knowledge, advancement in my career. They officer excellent benefits. I love working with the employees and the Management. Unfortunately, the company moved out of state.
Pros
Always giving training for further educaton and advancement.
Loved it
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 8, 2017
I loved working at AMR. I loved my co workers and the environment. I only left because i moved to a new state for paramedic school, which in hindsight i should have stayed where I was at.
Ok place to work.
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 1, 2017
Good place to work. I enjoyed my time there. Nice people and good equipment. Not much more to say on this place. You really have to see for yourself if you like it.
Good place to learn about billing
Billing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 1, 2017
This is a good place to learn about billing and also increase knowledge on customer service. Training for new employees can be improved in amount of time the employee gets trained.
Typically repetitive position but opportunity to learn a lot in this industry.
Data Entry, process Explanation of Benefits (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 31, 2017
I liked the position because it gave you various duties to learn about the billing process, scanning and data entry. Management was helpful and courteous.
Best of the various Ambulance Companies in South Florida
EMT-Basic (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLJuly 28, 2017
Good place to start out after EMT or Paramedic school. Widely considered a "Stepping Stone" into a more fulfilling career/place of employment. Good compensation as compared to similar employers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Medical Response. Our community is ready to answer.