American Medical Response

American Medical Response Employer Reviews

A good place to work.
Paramedic (Former Employee), Buellton, CAJuly 4, 2013
Pros: flexible time throughout the day to do the occasional personal detail.
Cons: inconsistent management.
Most of my time with AMR was spent on a 12 hour flex car. Most of the employees work well together and get along well off duty. Some of the management was more well liked by employees than others.
challenge to work for due to poor management
Account Executive (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 2, 2013
Pros: great pay structure, benefits and name recognition
Cons: poor management
I had a manager who wasn't well organized and didn't know the Omaha market as well as she should've. As a result, she misled the team efforts, and the branch eventually closed.
working there was like one big happy family love all my former co-workers
System Status Controller (Former Employee), New Haven, CTJune 30, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
We recieved a lot of calls all day long, managing your work load did get hard at times.
Fast paced, stressful environmnet
Communications Manager (Current Employee), Modesto, CAJune 28, 2013
My experience in the 9-1-1 communications is that not everyone is cut out to be in this line of work. Although the company tries to balance the stress, it doesn't always work.
Great experience in emergency care.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN-BASIC (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTJune 26, 2013
Pros: world wide company
A good experience in emergency care. Great team work with other co-workers during critical calls.
Learning experiance
Medical Paratransit Driver/Field Training Officer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2013
I enjoy my job it was fullfilling helping those that were unable to transport there selfs to there treatments visits and Doctor visits.
My co-works were very helpful in teaching me the things that I was new at doing.

The hardest part of my job was getting close to the patients and you here that they have die.
its a job
Paramedic (Current Employee), washingtonJune 23, 2013
Pros: it's a job
Cons: long days
Its a busy system and your are often at the mersey of the system and your supervisor wishes. It is a secure job and there is plenty of work. Often have long days with at times, no breaks, no lunches. All in all it can't be that bad, I keep showing up.
Don't stay long
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 20, 2013
Pros: experience of a life time.
Cons: being critically injured with no support from the company. no lunch, no breaks, forced to spend your days cramped in an poorly designed ambulance, and made to do the worlds bidding.
I started at the company in 2000 since then I have seen them decrease their core values and increase the amount of empty promises a thousand fold, through controversy and internal political strife, an EMT will be poorly treated by customers, management, and dispatch. If you are young person who is health and wants to progress in their career this is – more... an excellent place to work. If you are career driven person who wants longevity out of a job keep looking. People who get internally promoted have to be ruthless and have poor moral standards, where you are willing to sell out everyone you make friends with to succeed. Benefits are expensive, and progressively worsening, the work union has no leverage against this corporate conglomerate. – less
very productive
Emergency Medical Technician Basic (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 18, 2013
very hands on work environment.Little to no breaks in between calls but you learned something new every day
Best EMS company out there.
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), Sacramento, caJune 16, 2013
Best EMS company out there, by far. Highly recommend.
12 hour shifts in most positions, good management, strong union.
Not the best or most stable company to work for
Licensed EMT- Intermediate (Former Employee), Clarkston, GAJune 13, 2013
Worked here for a couple of years, not very impressed. The politics at this company are horrible, and i was lucky to have quit before they lost the contract with the county i was working in.....
Was a great place to work with great people
Search & Add Rep (Former Employee), Gulfport, MS.June 10, 2013
Pros: work schedule (monday-friday 8 to 5) and great benefits
I began my employment as the front desk receptionist. I greeted customers, answered multiple line switchboard and transferred calls accordingly, scanned, copied, emailed and faxed documents as required, and all other general office duties. After 2 years I transferred to Patient Billing where I entered transport tickets into company data base(data entry), – more... searched data base for existing accounts, updated patient demographics as needed and verified patient insurance. Most of the management I worked with were great, got along wonderful with my co-workers, we were a team and worked well with each other. The hardest part of the job was reading the medics hand writing and trying to input the information into the system. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. – less
Worked in a medical billing envirnoment.
Patient Business Services (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJune 7, 2013
Fast paced but repetitive data-entry work. Had to be sharp in meeting daily production goals but at very same time enjoyed the challenge. Co-workers were professionally behaved.
Productive and quality driven
Government Coordinator (Current Employee), Modesto, CAJune 6, 2013
Pros: we would get a free lunch if we exceeded an expectation
Cons: we didnt have enough work for all the workers
I have learned how to bill out a clean claim for ambulance transports. We are driven to maintain accuracy while getting the claims out the door as fast as possible. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to have team meetings to discuss new job procedures so the whole office understands new changes.
Very great place to learn and grow
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJune 1, 2013
Pros: meeting new people, learning a lot of new and different ways to do things, getting a vast a mount of experience, and being a part of something!
Cons: dealing with very sick or injuried people that you can't do anything for.
It is a busy place that you will never get bored. On average during a 12 hour shift we see about 12 patients. Not all bad, but they can be challenging and rewarding, and some patients can be non compliant and we have to call for back up. I enjoy the people I work with. I have to say we have some of the best supervisors I have had the pleasure to be – more... around. I have become a part of this great family. We look out for each other and help take care of each other. I am going to miss them dearly. I will have to say that the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I was able to do some good in a persons life, even if it was just bringing them a smile or holding the hand of a dying patient. It has been a very rewarding experience in more ways than one. – less
good steeping stone for future careers
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 25, 2013
Pros: emt skills promotion opportunities
Cons: admistration and field supervisors
they are an ok company to work for. I worked as an EMT and it was not that bad. sometimes the admisistration is difficult but still a workable environment. as a transportation coordinator it was a good job but they are very particular and they assume a lot. must keep good records when working with them or they will cheat you over.
great company
EMT-I, Comm. Center Manager (Former Employee), Aurora, COApril 24, 2013
very beneficial when i worked there. moved up rapidly, made great money, and worked with great nurturing people.
Communication Breakdown
Paramedic (Former Employee), Monroe, LAApril 16, 2013
Pros: good starting pay for part time work
Cons: everything else
My brief experience was unpleasant. Did the orientation with very little help. Unfriendly people. Uniforms that don't fit. Took them 3 months to pay me. No information when you need it. I would never wish this place on anyone
Not a bad place to work
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 15, 2013
Pros: doesn't feel like a huge corporation
Cons: too much instability
However, there are way too many restructures and it feels as though there is no job security. The wages are below what the industry pays and the health insurance is not the greatest
not a good company
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Villas, NJApril 12, 2013
Pros: customers
Cons: management
dont treat employees fairly not a stable company to work for

About American Medical Response

Because driving yourself to the emergency room isn't always the best plan, there is American Medical Response (AMR). With thousands – Read more

American Medical Response Photos