American Medical Response

American Medical Response United States Employee Reviews

Productive and independent
Cash Posting Representative (Current Employee), Akron, OHAugust 10, 2014
Pros: flexibility of schedule, productivity, great bosses.
Cons: limited growth potential in the organization.
I have had wonderful experiences while working for AMR. Since I have been there, I have been given the opportunity to work from home and travel the country while continuing to keep my job with them. Management is understanding and fun. It is also great to be given the opportunity to complete tasks and assignments that are challenging and trusted to complete these assignments with little direct supervision.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the flexible scheduling. Because of working from home, I have the ability to create my own schedule and also my supervisors and managers are very understanding when it comes to personal issues and the things that come along with having a family.
It is a very demanding job that either you like it or you don't.
Medical Transport Operator (Current Employee), Evansville, INAugust 7, 2014
Typical day at work is a long one while your there. Constant paperwork and driving.Dealing with the patients is the best part of my job.
The Passion of the Job
Paramedic (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 6, 2014
Pros: all education for continuous clinical improvement is paid for and provided
Cons: hours not conducive to family life
Every day is different in some ways, it is exciting not to know what one might encounter arriving on a scene. It is also exciting to meet so many different people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, injuries and illnesses, social and economical backgrounds and so on. It is even more exciting to help someone feel better or buy them time through clinical excellence, compassion or simply an ear to listen. It is satisfying to be able to take pride in keeping up with excellent clinical knowledge and skills and keep a neat and professional looking ambulance. Employees support another and continuously challenge each other to remain a good clinician. The hardest part of the job is often either a long streak of abusive patients or the very young that pass away with nothing available to help. The most rewarding part can be either truly saving a life or the heartfelt happy tears from someone you helped feel better or less lonely.
prouductive professional work force
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Concord, CAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: helping people in need of emergency services, and saving the day
Cons: some times no meal breaks, and people abusing the 911 system.
assisting people in need of help sometimes we have large call volumes , but that generally helps the days go by faster, we always have a positive work environment , and professional relationship with other agencies.
productive work place
Paramedic (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 5, 2014
This company has a productive work place. The best part i like about this company is the team work between partners. Management did what they could to fulfill your every need.
Exercise Room
Various Positions (Former Employee), Akron, OHAugust 4, 2014
Pros: being able to listen to music or a book. office appreciation parties.
Cons: quotas and not much team work.
Working at the computer.
I learned many things, scanning, verification, etc.
No comment.
No comment.
Trying to meet quotas or handling inbound calls of elderly people who were having a heart attack, stuck, or anything bad.
I could listen to music or books at my desk while working.
Flexibility.
Long hours, lots to do
EMT (Current Employee), King county WashingtonJuly 29, 2014
Pros: stable job, flexible schedule
Cons: long hours, low pay
Private EMT work in King county Washington.

No end to the people who need a ride from here to there...
Good for private EMS
Paramedic (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 20, 2014
I have worked for several private ambulance companies before and AMR is better than a lot that are out there. The division I work for has good management and is in a great area with combination of city/rural calls.
FT and Overtime available
EMT-PARAMEDIC (Current Employee), WA, MSJuly 15, 2014
Very busy 911 ALS system, able to learn and use all skills required of EMT/Paramedic.
A interesting place to work
Dispatcher/Call Taker (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: threee day work week
Cons: 12 hour shifts
This was a really fast paced environment. I worked with emergency and non emergency fields.
If you are applying here, you should know what you are getting into
PARAMEDIC (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: lets you practice medicine
Cons: management
If you are working for AMR you should know what the company culture is already. Either by word of mouth or personal experience. AMR is a horrible company that runs the heck out of their employees and pay you pennies. Only place for advancement is becoming a supervisor, but then you are not practicing medicine anymore. Which is why you probably working for AMR. So if you find yourself working here, just remember this is just a stepping stone and should be trying to get out of there within a year.
EMT
Driver/Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 7, 2014
The transporting of patients to medical facilities in BLS Units and/or Invalid Coaches and providing a standard of care to our patients while transporting them for their appointments. I trained new technicians on various procedures. I was called upon to fill in as an acting supervisor numerous times.
It was an OK experience
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), jackson, msJuly 5, 2014
The scheduling was very flexible, though the employees can be treated better.
Station group is excelent for the most part
EMT-Basic (Current Employee), Wauchula, FLJuly 4, 2014
Pros: not
Cons: a few
Fair place to work, great supervisor when she is allowed to do her job
Good Company, Bad goals
EMT-Basic (Former Employee), TexasJune 30, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: management
AMR is a great company to work for. My goals were not compatible for AMRs. Very Low growth within the company.
Its an ok Job for someone starting out in the medical field
EMT (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJune 29, 2014
The rigs broke down daily.They never had enough crews on to handle calls, supervisors had a "good old boy club" thing going on.
Mediocre Work environment with different personalities.
EMT-Basic (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 24, 2014
This is a good company to work for to gain experience in this field. A lot of bitter and burnt out employees, but don't let them bring you down.
EMS comm
EMS Communications Specialist (Current Employee), Salinas, CAJune 20, 2014
Pros: pays well, overtime available, always different and changing, amazing coworkers
Cons: long shifts, holdovers, tough calls, few raises
I absolutely love my job! Each and every day is different, some slow or some so busy your head won't stop spinning even after you clock out and to go home. This job/career definitely takes a strong mind, strong personality, big heart with compassion along with the super power of extreme multitasking under pressure. I dispatch for Monterey County which is a Very large area, there can be times where the ambulance, fire or police personnel can take quite a bit of time to get to some locations and in that time some calls require you to stay on the phone to give prearrival instructions (CPR, airway management, etc or even to just keep the callers calm).
I have been exceptionally blessed to work along side amazing people in the field such as Paramedics and EMT's also in the comm center.
When any of us encounter a call that is hard to process we are there for eachother. Such calls: drownings, hangings, babies are hard for everyone parent or not, some CPR calls pull at your heart strings. Though we in EMS; you know there will be tough calls we also can rely on helping eachother.
One of my hardest calls was my first shift cleared to work I received a 911 call that a six month old who drowned in a pool. The parents were both educated in Emergency situations but you have to remember that all the knowledge can go right out the window and it's your job to calmly help instruct them until field personnel arrive. Even if you have multiple calls happening, you remain calm.
With that still, that was almost 7 years ago and to this day I LOVE what I do. I posess a huge heart filled with compassion which makes long shifts, alot of overtime all worth it. Because I enjoy coming to work to do my job.Maybe this is the job for you as well? Some dispatch centers allow you to do a "sit along" for serious applicants.
Good Job; Constant work in order to make living wage; No gratitude.
Paramedic (Current Employee), Contra Costa CountyJune 20, 2014
Pros: get to help people.
Cons: management fucus on finances and bottom line only. people are put last.
Being a paramedic is a good job. AMR makes this job extremely hard. the corporate bureaucracy, redundant policy, and a lack of appreciation for their employees efforts on their behalf is intollerable. That being said if you can keep to yourself, stay out of managements way. and work your tail off, you can survive long enough to make a decent living wage. AMR is rough on Paramedics and EMTs and cycles alot of them through the company on a fairly regular basis the discards them without so much as a thank you in most cases. If your can handle that then you'll be fine.
Proactive
Government Manager (Current Employee), Modesto, CAJune 19, 2014
A typical day is to ensure all ECT files have been transmitted. Ensure that the cash flow is coming in the door and the work-bins are being work and are maintianed at goal at all times. Deal with any employee issues. Think of ideas to improve the billing system to enhance the production for line sfaff. The hardest part of my job is to log off and not think about work when I am off. The enjoyable part of my job is to start a project and see the end result. I have very high expectations for my self so I ensure my projects are at high standards aswell.

About American Medical Response

Because driving yourself to the emergency room isn't always the best plan, there is American Medical Response (AMR). With thousands – Read more

American Medical Response Photos