American Medical Response Employee Reviews

Great experience, use as a stepping stone
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 16, 2017
Amr is a great place to start your career before going to the fire dept, police, paramedic, or nursing. You get alot of great experience. Advancement in this division is pretty difficult. A lot of it is if you are favored by supervision, or management . When and if you become a teacher or a field trainer, the company will work you to the bone, and use you as much as possible. It is a stressful job, not everyone is cut out to do this job. Wages are a little low, benefits currently are very bad. They do offer health, vision, dental, 401k. My advice do your job follow the rules, keep your head down and you will be fine. No breaks, or lunches. Poor morale.
Pros
great experience
Cons
no breaks, no lunches, poor wages, moral is very low
Good for a starting EMT position
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2017
A typical work day varied between picking up dialysis patients and taking them to their appointment or retrieving discharge patients from the hospital. You can also work concerts, high school football games, and be a medical examiner.
Stressful
EMT-B, Field Training Officer (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAAugust 15, 2017
The work environment is stressful and the management in the operations was very demeaning to employees. The rank and file employees who took their job seriously were the shining example of professionalism.
Bad place to work
Call Intake (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXAugust 15, 2017
Its high level of stress for the pay and no room to really grow although they will tell you have all the room to move up. The pay and benefits are totally not satisfying its to demanding always changing. The people are very caddy and shallow. The job as a whole is not what I believed it would be when I accepted the position. Training is horrible. THE SHIFTS ARE A WHOLE OTHER LEVEL. THEY ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE NO UNIFORMITY HERE. They will change your shift without letting you know and expect for you to just jump on board.
Patient Billing Services
Cash Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 11, 2017
This company's patient billing services office closed in Akron, OH several years ago. According to Business Insider, the company was just sold for over $2 Billion.
somewhat fun, most of the time work non stop with no breaks at all
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87107August 11, 2017
most times are very busy and company keeps you going call after cal, after call and you won't get breaks or time to try to eat. management could improve on understanding crews concerns instead of making comments of "be glad they have a job".
Pros
good equipment
Cons
lack of training opportunities, staging in trucks away from others and away from co workers, and lack of time to eat and teamwork from other crews is somewhat lacking
Work environment
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 9, 2017
Great work place. Supervisors are always very helpful and fair. All of my coworkers are the best people to work with. I wouldn't want to be any place else
Excellent Company
Medicare and Medicaid's Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CA 90502August 8, 2017
So far the best company I have ever work with. They provide all the necessary training, education that an employee needs for further knowledge, advancement in my career. They officer excellent benefits. I love working with the employees and the Management. Unfortunately, the company moved out of state.
Pros
Always giving training for further educaton and advancement.
Loved it
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 8, 2017
I loved working at AMR. I loved my co workers and the environment. I only left because i moved to a new state for paramedic school, which in hindsight i should have stayed where I was at.
Ok place to work.
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 1, 2017
Good place to work. I enjoyed my time there. Nice people and good equipment. Not much more to say on this place. You really have to see for yourself if you like it.
Good place to learn about billing
Billing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 1, 2017
This is a good place to learn about billing and also increase knowledge on customer service. Training for new employees can be improved in amount of time the employee gets trained.
Typically repetitive position but opportunity to learn a lot in this industry.
Data Entry, process Explanation of Benefits (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 31, 2017
I liked the position because it gave you various duties to learn about the billing process, scanning and data entry. Management was helpful and courteous.
Best of the various Ambulance Companies in South Florida
EMT-Basic (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLJuly 28, 2017
Good place to start out after EMT or Paramedic school. Widely considered a "Stepping Stone" into a more fulfilling career/place of employment. Good compensation as compared to similar employers.
OK place to work
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 22, 2017
Management has no clue
Trucks & equipment should have been replaced years ago
Support staff - not clear to what they really do
The protocols need to be updated
Pros
OT available
Cons
low pay, terrible equipment, poor maintained units, filthy.
Medical billing
Customer Service Representative/ Medical Billing (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 22, 2017
Nice people in this company. A lot of diversity, it was on big melting pot. Some people that I met here years ago, I continue to talk and hang out with, even though we no longer work together
Pros
fun people
Cons
low pay
Great job for new and experienced providers
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 21, 2017
a great place for new and experienced Medics and EMT's....Located Nationally, providing 911 and other services throughout the USA...
Very competitive compensation per skill level, and managed proficiently.
Pros
Pros is nationally recognized
Cons
Not sure yet
Worse company i've ever worked for
Call Taker (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJuly 20, 2017
There are no positives all negative. I worked here in 2014 in the communications center. Management is incompetent rude and careless. There is no accountability from management and if you complain on an employee a manager will make it seem as if you did something wrong. Pay is ok raises given yearly. Breaks are almost none existent.
Cons
Very rewarding place to work
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 20, 2017
This was a good job/company. Management takes care of their employees and pays them fairly, knowing in return employees will continue to work there. I was hired in as part time so it was difficult to get hours at times.
There is no "usual" day. The job enhances critical thinking and communication skills.
AEMT (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 20, 2017
This job provides employees the opportunity to work in a demographically diverse urban area. For those wishing to go on to other areas of the medical field, this is a job that provides solid insight into medicine.
Great place to work.
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2017
AMR is a great place to work with room for advancement and there are plenty of overtime hours available. The do work with your schedule as best as they possibly can, especially if you're going to school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Medical Response. Our community is ready to answer.