American Medical Response Employee Reviews in United States

Productive work day, with serval exceptional Co-workers.
Vehicle Service technician (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CAJune 2, 2015
A day at AMR involves cleaning and restocking Ambulances. I have learned the behind the scene work that needs to be done. to make sure the public receives the correct medical treatment. My co-workers are a plus to a day at work and the management is nothing less than that too. There is nothing at my job that isn't manageable, which makes it enjoyable.
get to fish anytime your off
Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2015
The greatest part of the job is the satisfaction that everyone got to go home SAFE without injuries due to the safety practices that I implemented.
Pros
Breakfast, lunch and dinner were free to all employees every day.
Cons
2 weeks on, 2 weeks off ( Location was 200 miles in The Gulf of Mexico)
Great if you are fresh out of school and have no experience.
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Evansville IndianaMay 29, 2015
If you need call volume because you are new to EMS, great place to start. Bad place if you are older and not looking to be ran into the ground daily. Can run anywhere between 5-22 calls per truck during 12 hour shift with no relief.
Pros
12 hour shifts with the chance to go on long distance transfers.
Cons
Extremely high call volume. Sometimes unable to stock your truck, never off on time and sometimes forced to work over with no notice.
American Medical Response-Support Services
Support Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 28, 2015
Filing ambulance claim forms/ stock clerk. My co-workers were very nice but yearned to do difference job/position. Temp to hire position. Moved on to look for better job
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Paid very low wages
Good place to learn, helping people
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 28, 2015
With AMR you get a chance to learn the career you have chosen or if you have been the career field a while you can brush up on some skills you haven't used in a while.If your willing to learn they will teach you, if your a paramedic than you have the option to move up to a higher advanced level of paramedic with a critical care paramedic training.
Cash Posting Team Lead / Staff Council Rep
Cash Posting Technical Coordinator / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 28, 2015
Great management, learned a lot of medical coding and billing practices and shipping and receiving of all bills and documents. Great coworkers, no real hard part of the job and loved the fast pace work environment

Cash Posting Technical Coordinator / Team Lead
 Posting and processing of patients payments into various computer systems
 Coding of insurance payment reports and ICD-9 coding
 End of month balancing and confirming all payments to ensure they are balanced
 Auditing and reconciling off balance reports and balancing batch reports
 Filing and organization of all payments, batches and various other documents
 Assembling payment copies and EOB’s into batches
 Creation of Excel time log and batch report spreadsheets
Staff Council Representative
 Elected representative of cash posting department
 Creating various fundraising activities
 Planning, execution and implementation of new employee guidelines
 Case management of cash posting employee concerns and questions
Pros
Good pay, Good work environment, good pace of work
Cons
Poor job advancement
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 27, 2015
Great place to work, 911 emergency services in Yolo County as well as Placer County. Providing inter facility transfers.
Great Place to learn and start a career in EMS
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 23, 2015
The relation ship between management and field staff if strained
the union is new so still trying to find its footing
there are a lot of oppertunities to learn at AMR
Pros
a lot of shift to pick up
Cons
almost no breaks during a typical day
Stressful work environement
Call Taker/ Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMay 21, 2015
On the phone for 10-12 hours straight with little to no breaks. Work every single weekend, no room for advancement.

Several co-workers did not like each other and would not talk even when it was work related.

Management and training is almost none- existent.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks/ extremely short breaks
Wow
Paramedic-Field Training Officer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 14, 2015
Private EMS company that has little regard for their employees, at least in the Kansas market. Profit is main driving factor of staffing, and nothing else seems to matter. The general public suffers from this. I have heard this has "gotten better" but have no verification of this.
Pros
Tons of overtime
Cons
Tons of overtime
Family
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMay 11, 2015
Best department in the world. A family from your family. I have never been a place I felt so accepted. Everyday brings something new and anybody can provide you with a smile
Pros
Big red truck sirens saving lives
Customer Service
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2015
I enjoyed going to work and dealing with the public, i also had a great time working with my coworkers and interacting with everyone in the office.
One of the better private companies
EMT-FTO (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 7, 2015
Overall better than most private companies in the area. Base pay rate is lower than other compaies, however you get daily run bonus which on average increases your rate to $2-$3 more and hour!
Transportation company, Medical field
Driver/Aide (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMay 7, 2015
On-call pager system. given an address to go to to pick up a patient.Use of maps to locate address. Drove all over Connecticut to find different hospitals and doctor's offices. Co-workers were very helpful in finding addresses and also were team oriented. Lifting customers up one or two steps to get into their private homes. I love to travel and this company offered a lot of that.
Pros
Full Benefits
Love working for this caring and responsible company
Emergency Medical Technician - Basic (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 5, 2015
I personally love this company and how they treat their employees and how their employees daily work equipment. They truly care about safety and spare nothing to be ahead or make their employees lives easier. The only issue I have is a conflict of interest as the supervisors at my job area have friendships with regular employees so it is intimidating if not impossible to go to them if you have an issues with the people that supervisors are friends with. im sure that is not the case at other branches but for the sake of being honest, I include that information.
Other than that, the company is truly awesome to work for and I hope to not have to leave and can continue until I retire.
Pros
Great benefits, wonderful rewarding days out of an office
Cons
Supervisors having conflict of interest friendships
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMay 5, 2015
A Great place to work and fulfill your career goals. Management is very helpful and the work environment is great. I met great people working for American Medical Response and I liked my working hours and Schedule Rotation
Horrible management/low morale
emergency medical technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 23, 2015
This was absolutely the worst ambulance service i have ever worked for. As a part timer going to school full time to get into med school with another full time hospital job, it didn't matter that i could only work 3-4 times a month for them. I was given an ultimatum to quit and leave on a good note, or be fired and ineligible for rehire. I have never been told this by any company that i have worked for when they know I'm only part time and attempting to better myself through education. The management and supervision constantly tell you that you will have the opportunity to get off on time, but that never happens. Trucks that are scheduled to get off after you will get let go 2 hours before you. After receiving the ultimatum, i quit and was immediately hired by a local FD who actually cares about their emts and medics. I would never work for them again.
Pros
experience with medical emergencies, the chance to work on quality patient care
Cons
no breaks, poor management, your scheduled work time is never the time you should count on working, low morale.
never a dull moment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lexington KyApril 20, 2015
AMR is a great place to work. You have different challenges each day. Management always listens to crew members that are meeting difficult challenges that they can't get through
Fulfilling job
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAApril 20, 2015
This job is very hard on the body physically, it requires heavy lifting, and the ability to be able to adapt to stressful situations and sometimes think outside the norm. Logistics are a big part of treating a patient, how to move them, with what equipment, how to treat them while moving them. More often than not you don't meet people at their best. You have to be able to treat their ailment, but to show compassion or just listen to them. The best part of the job is being able to help the person and hopefully fix the reason they called 911 in the first place. The Paramedics and EMT's I work with are some of the best, highly trained people in the industry.
Pros
Seeing the gratitude on someones face after you've helped them
Cons
Physical injuries
Poor moral with a division between employees
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 16, 2015
Long hours with preferential treatment of certain employees by management and dispatchers. Misuse of authority and retaliative punitive measures if actions regarding management were asked. Poor representation by the Union reps, and the division of field employees by a distinct seperation of the division itself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Medical Response. Our community is ready to answer.