American Medical Systems Employee Reviews

Medical Device Company
VP Global HR and Internal Communications (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNJune 8, 2015
Pros: Employees can make a big impact
Cons: Acquisitions create challenging work environment
Going through significant transitions

Dedicated employees who are passionate about their contributions

Getting back to innovation
Challenging but rewarding work environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), San Jose CAJune 4, 2015
I learned that hard work and dedication pays off. My position was very challenging but kept my day busy. I stayed focused and developed strong relationships with my customers and departments. I found my job to be very rewarding.
Senior Information Technology Manager (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNJanuary 7, 2015
Good work/ life balance. Small company feel.

Management is good to work for at AMS

Good people at AMS

Part of a larger company.

Lunch room.

Thank you.
American Medical Systems
Principal Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNDecember 18, 2014
Pros: facility, employees, products
Cons: managment, benifits, moral
American Medical System was a great company to work for before they were purchased by Endo pharmaceuticals. Endo has reduced benefits, laid off valuable employees, and ruined the moral of the company.

Management doesn't live in Minnesota. This doesn't give anyone confidence in them.
Great place to work. Lots of free lunches, lots of people
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNSeptember 24, 2014
I trained on all the training records for the entire department of Clinical. Co_workers were terrific.
Climate is shifting
Engineer (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNJanuary 20, 2014
The pay and benefits have been eroding over the last couple years. Management has shifted and things generally seem to be getting better.

The real challenge will be over the next year. Will management stay to continue to implement the significant changes they have initiated?
liked having hands on experiment and learning new skills
Engineering, R&D Technician II (Former Employee), 3070 Orchard Dr., San Jose, CA 95134November 1, 2013
Pros: free breakfasts on mondays
Cons: delays with hr services
enjoyed assisting professionals in the field at American Medical Systems-
had opportunity to learn new material and apply new skills.
managers were supportive
had a friendly environment with co-workers . Always helped each other out.
The hardest, and at the same time, most enjoyable parts of our R&D department were the challenges we faced towards reaching our project goals, and determination to find the solution. when the findings were there, it was the time to celebrate
Good Company to work for.
Sr. Engineering Change Analyst (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: good benefiits
Good Company to work for. Good Management, Great Co-workers and a lot of flexibility during the working hours.
Company with a lot of potential
Sr. Development Engineer (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNJuly 16, 2013
Has a lot of potential to do many great things. Opportunities to do several types of work so it isn't the same thing day after day. Great people!
Fast paced and nice place to work
Senior Accountant - Corporate Reporting (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNJune 9, 2013
I have worked at AMS for five years. It is a nice place to work.
Medical Device Company missing a heart
Anonymous Employee (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNDecember 7, 2012
The company as a whole is good, but it's a far cry from what it was like when I first started working there. It used to be a company that treated it's employees like rock stars. The compensation and benefits are still good, but now they treat you like you should be grateful to have a job. Not that I'm not grateful, but it's hard to endure when thinking about what it used to be like.