This position is responsible for performing tasks associated with well-controlled business processes including, but not limited to, GL account reconciliations, journal entries, preparation of management reports and assisting in the monthly financial statement analysis.
- Records journal entries for complex transactions including fair value measurements, stock-based compensation, and Non-Controlling Interest (NCI) in subsidiaries.
- Prepares assigned balance sheet account reconciliations for multiple legal entities.
- Develops and completes audit programs based on companywide risk assessment.
- Completes one or more regulatory and/or governmental reports, including but not limited, to Federal Energy Regulatory Commission filings.
- Performs analytical review of actual expenses vs. budgeted amounts (e.g. SG&A expenses) and assists management with interpretation.
- Prepares multiple routine management reports and provides special reports as requested.
- Answers and resolves internal and external customer inquiries, including audit inquiries.
- Supports projects as needed and assists other accountants as requested by management.
- Assists with allocations of expenditures related to development projects.
- Assists with preparation of internal financial statements.
- Assists with all aspects of the consolidation and close process.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required, advanced degree or CPA strongly preferred.
- Minimum of three years of professional accounting experience.
- Previous experience with regulatory filings preferred.
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Highly motivated and team-oriented individual.
- Detail-oriented and strong analytical skills.
- Proficient with MS Office applications; advanced in MS Excel.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Flexible to work overtime during peak periods.
NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE
American Midstream, Inc. (AMI) believes there is a strong market opportunity for a new organization to acquire and operate midstream oil and...