American Mobile Healthcare Employee Reviews

Productive and fun company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Agent was considerate of my personal needs and requests. The pay was excellent. Enjoyable traveling and meet a lot of great staff. The hospitals i worked at was wonderful.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Away from home
Great recruiter
Sterile Processor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 12, 2018
Really great company all around, pay is competitve, recruiter is friendly, helpful, great sense of humor, easy to get along with. Just a great experience so far.
Travel Nurse for AMN
Travel Murse (Current Employee) –  Kansas and surrounding statesJanuary 10, 2018
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for AMN! My recruiter is the bomb.com and takes good care of me without being overbearing. I have found jobs in my select area without any problems, and my contracts have been fair in compensation. I have no complaints!! 😊😊
Pros
Travel, meet new people
Cons
Sometimes lonely
Travel agency job placements.
Travel Operating Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 27, 2017
I had no difficulty with my travel contact finding positions for me, however, I did not feel supported, or adequately informed of my different jobs. I had difficulty with living arrangements, and contacting my representative.
Pros
Job locations.
Cons
No support from agency. Difficulty with understanding benefits
Love to travel
RN (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 12, 2017
Love to travel this is the job for you. Try different hospitals experience the culture. Show off your skills and get new skills. Travel with a friend you will have a great time.
Pros
New city every couple of months.
Cons
Can be lonely.
Low Pay for RNs
Travel Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 12, 2017
I am writing this review because of the horrible pay. I am receiving literally $220 per shift less than my other travel assignment. I did not go to my last company again because they don't staff the facility i wanted to go to and I wanted to try that hospital. I was hoping to pay off bills by taking on a second job over the holidays. They call my pay the crisis rate. I'd hate to see what the normal pay is.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Low Pay
float RN
Agency nurse med/sug unit and float (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 7, 2017
Worked and valley medical and RN for agency. The hospital was un-organized. The management was not helpful. The other nurses treated me badly as I was from agency
Pros
higher wage for agency nurse
Cons
other nurses were mean
good place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 25, 2017
I had a great recruiter with American Mobile. She always got me the best assignments and looked out for my best interest. Compared to other travel companies the pay was less, but it was worth it to me, because I never had to endure the drama the I heard of other travel nurse companies.
AMN Healthcare
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 24, 2017
Great place to work. The company really takes care of there employees. Job security is fine and the job culture is awesome. Management is a plus and compensation is fine.
Corporate Restructuring
Registered Nurse (Psychiatric) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92130October 1, 2017
Corporate restructuring displaced many seasoned support staff as they were told that they did not fir into the new corporate culture. As a professional I find that appalling.
Pros
Local office staff was superb
Cons
Corporate restructuring had negative impact on moral, culture and salaries
Love my recruiter he's awesome
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 25, 2017
This was my first travel job and I don't think it could have gone any smoother. Found a great place to reside while here for work. The people I work with are awesome. I love my recruiter he's always on top of jobs for me.
October 16, 2017

That’s awesome that this recruiter is so on top of it! We are so happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed your assignment as well as your housing situation. We hope to continue finding more opportunities for you in the future!

AMH is a great company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 22, 2017
My recruiter was fantastic, and always available when I had questions. My whole application process and the process once I had found and received the position also went very smoothly. Communication was great, as well as benefits. I'd highly recommend them.
October 16, 2017

We’re so glad you’ve enjoyed your assignment as well as working with our recruiters. We are here to support you in your travel nursing career, grow with you and help you find more travel nursing opportunities along the way!

Met my expectations
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Very busy work schedule, allowed me to enjoy my weekends, friendly coworkers. Although my choice of living conditions required long commute and I wouldn't do it any other way. Personally I would do it again but circumstances won't allow me at this time. Very helpful recruiter. I have recently referred a friend.
Pros
Met expectations
Cons
High expectations
October 16, 2017

Thank you for writing this great review and we are so glad you have enjoyed working with American Mobile! We hope to find you more opportunities in the future!

AMN does not pay well
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2017
I don't think the nurses get compensated very well. When I found out I was making the same amount as a tech (who was working for a different travel company) I decided I had had enough. I think the recruiters are out to make a lot of money at American mobile and don't really care about a livable wage for their nurses. I also am tired of worrying about the fine print in the contracts that we must sign. I am looking for a new travel company or a permanent position in my home state.
Pros
Cons
low pay
October 16, 2017

We offer a wide variety of clinical assignments across the country with pay rates ranging from $20 to $60 an hour plus healthcare benefits and other perks; a majority of our job openings are exclusive to us so the best opportunities are not typically available from other firms. We hope as you grow in your field we could continue to work with you to find you more opportunities!

Amn job opportunities
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 18, 2017
AMN job opportunities are very limited for ER RNs travelling in GA. I would stay with this company longer if i had more job opportunities. It seems as though other travel agencies have access to more hospitals in the southeastern region of GA and thats where I need to go.
Pros
Housing stipened
Cons
Job opportunities
October 16, 2017

Thank you for your great review! Please continue to check back with us. We always have new opportunities that come our way and we’d love to find you your next travel assignment!

Kerry Sirkka, Vice President, Nursing Division

Supportive and callborative work culture.
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDSeptember 11, 2017
Friendly, supportive team. Responsive recruiter in spite of her busy work load. Easy to use wen site for pay and benefits. Show care and integrity in their work.
October 16, 2017

Thank you for your kind words in this great review. We’re so happy that you had such a great experience working with us. We hope to find you more opportunities in the future!

AMN works for me!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 11, 2017
My recruiter is awesome! She is constantly on the hunt for my next position and wants to give me the best opportunity. Since day 1 Cherie has been on my side constantly answering my calls, questions and concerns. I'm very pleased.
October 16, 2017

Thank you for sharing this great review! We are so happy to hear that your recruiter is there for you not only when it comes to the opportunities but also questions and concerns.

Productive and very knowledgeable
Hospital Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 11, 2017
Productive. The AMN recruiter checking on my progress and check on any issues, problems and anything I may encounter. Help to resolve it or follow up on it .
Pros
Free lunches no breaks.
Cons
No breaks
October 16, 2017

That is so awesome to hear! We love that you had a great experience traveling with us. We hope to continue helping you with finding more opportunities!

Best agency for beginners
Traveling Sterile Processor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 25, 2017
AMN takes care of their staff employees as far as making sure things are correct and in order with our files. The compensation is pretty good, however, the agency should invest in owning small properties within California for housing vs extended stay.
Pros
Flexibility, Compensation, Teambuilders
Cons
Housing
September 6, 2017

We are glad you had a positive experience working with us and certainly welcome all feedback you may have for us. While we cannot accommodate everyone’s suggestion, we appreciate of your feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us!

Kerry Sirkka, Vice President, Nursing Division

Work with flexibility and freedom
OR Nurse (Former Employee) –  Guilford, CTAugust 22, 2017
Always thought about travel nursing but never thought I would actually get the opportunity to do it. It is such a fun and freeing experience. Learning new skills and techniques. Meeting great people. Making friends along the way. Exploring new places. It's like getting paid to vacation. Best experience of my life so far. No regrets!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Mobile Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.