American Mobile Healthcare

American Mobile Healthcare Employee Reviews

Travel Agency
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 4, 2016
This agency was good to work for. Very helpful through the contract period. Was dropped once an issue was brought forward and company declined further contracts.
Benefits
Great travel company
RN II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2015
Good place to work. Wonderful support staff and good assignments. Travel contracts were well negotiated and clear. Lot of opportunity to see new places and meet new people. They pay for housing and the accommodations were nice.
Working with American Mobile
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 22, 2015
American Mobile provided me with the rare opportunity to travel. I enjoyed my experience with them, my recruiter was very kind and helpful. Although, I do wish they had been more open about the position they set me up with. I was unaware of how much the company Kaiser Permanente would be floating me to other floors half-way through the day making continued patient care difficult. Other than that they've provided a great experience for me.
Pros
They pay for rent and utilities, they paid a decent amount to help me ship my car to california
Great!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 7, 2015
I totally enjoyed all the assignments received from All-About Staffing! The company management were always personable and helpful. Knowing some of the nurses they used was an added plus; all professional at all times.
Pros
Personable; careing
travel therapist
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  upmc pittsburgh, paSeptember 4, 2015
great working environment, level 1 trauma care/ emergency services, hhn tx, staff therapist, independent icu therapist, bronch assist, ventilator care
Good travel nurse company.
RN in Coronary Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 9, 2015
Working for this company was rewarding and fulfilling. The recruiters work hard to find you a good job that meets your needs. They keep in close contact and are very responsive.
Pros
They work hard for you.
Interesting company
Traveling Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2015
The company provides you with the opportunity to travel all over the United States and work at some of the top medical facilities in the Nation. Wonderful support and resources.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Traveling
Great travel company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 5, 2015
Lots of job opportunities for travel nurses around the US
Competitive pay
Great recruiters
Good work place environments
Unit Secretary and Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJune 8, 2015
Always about patient care and also team work among the staff. This was a very good experience to become a traveler and experience different hospitals but to also travel among the hospital and work every floor.
Pros
Always about patient care and also team work among the staff.

Comment – June 15, 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience working at American Mobile - I am glad to hear you were happy working with our incredible team! We are always open to your feedback on how to continue to support our travelers in achieving their career and travel goals. If you have suggestions that you would like us to consider, please do not hesitate to contact me at Kerry.Sirkka@amnhealthcare.com or (858) 792-0711 x3485. Thank you again for your review. –Kerry Sirkka, DVP, Travel Nurse Recruitment.

Great work environment with my last assignment
Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 4, 2015
Typically had a great day a work. My co-workers were very helpful to jump in and answer any question I came across. The management was warm and friendly and did a great job with welcoming me to the milieu. As with any new job I gained skills and learned new behavior management techniques. The hardest part of my job was working night shift and adjusting my body to this new schedule. I enjoyed the most the interactions with different hospital personal.
Pros
free meal tickets at times, helpful staff
Cons
many staff members it was hard to define which staff carried out certian duties.
Travel RN
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 1, 2015
I worked as a travel nurse for a number years. I had taken contracts in level one trauma facilities and or teaching hospitals. I worked within cardio-thoracic ICU's and specialized in critical care of heart related surgeries including heart transplants as well as lung transplants. My typical day would include receiving patients direct from the OR ad would provide all care for my patient up through and after extubation, My coworkers varied as I had different 13 weeks contracts but have found most of my co-workers to be highly skilled and competent. The hardest part of my job was staying on top of my skill set in terms of having the most cutting edge training nationwide. This also happens to be the most enjoyable part of my work. I picked assignments that were tailored to high intensity, high expectations, and were often 1:1 patient to nurse ratio as the level of acuity was at the highest level.
Pros
Continuous education
Cons
Can be stressful
AMN
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2015
Travel job. Pretty independent while working for them so didn't need to communicate much. Took a while to get a response when needed though
Excellent recruitor, good job security
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 2, 2015
My overall job experience with American Mobile was positive. However, there were some negative aspects to my contract, like no reimbursement if the facility cancelled me, a dock in pay if I had to call-in, etc.
lover working at the different hospital
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Always had work for me. My husband had retied and the kids were all in school and we were able to see this country. I had so much fun going to different hospital and learn so much about my job and country
Pros
money
Horrible Company
RN (Current Employee) –  NYJanuary 1, 2015
This is my second travel assignment with AMN, the 1st ended after i quit due to unsafe assignment in 2011. So I stupidly gave them another shot. I work in Buffalo, NY -12hr Nights on a Tele MedSurg unit that gets no less than 5 to 8 admissions a night. The computerized medication administration is very cumbersome and long. All the supervisors are horrible except one! They float me after 4 hours and only give me a hour notice so I'm rushing to get my charting and meds done. I am so confused at times as to which patients I have as I end up having taken care of no less that 12 to 13 patients by the nights completed. The worst part of the job is having no sitters to help with confused bed jumpers! The Mgr doesn't want falls but we can't be everywhere, either. She also doesn't want to be bothered with issues that arise with patients and their families. The overall morale of the staff is low. The staff are helpful as well as ask me if I need assistance. The hardest part of the job is not getting a break on time. The AMN Pay sucks!!! AMN makes good money from the facility, but chooses not to fairly compensate the nurses that work for them. I was told that I would make more if I didn't take company housing, but my pay rate stayed at $16.30/ hour; the nurses at the facility make at least $30.00 over hour!!! AMN sucks and I'm going to PPR Travel at the completion of thus contract.
Pros
steady work
Cons
amn steals compensation from their nurses

Comment – January 6, 2015

I am very sorry to hear about this experience. American Mobile truly values our nurses and we strive to provide a positive and rewarding travel nursing experience. I would like to discuss your experience in more detail so that I can resolve it. I hope you will please call the main American Mobile phone number and ask for me. –Kerry Sirkka, Division Vice President, American Mobile

Comment – January 12, 2015

Sure! Definitely will give you a call and thank you for listening to me.

Many contracts in large cities
Travel RN at American Mobile Healthcare/AMN (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 17, 2014
Good pay if you take contracts in major cities. Not many contracts in rural areas. They have the tendency to encourage your placement in areas where their reimbursement is highest. Since this is a travel position, my interaction with the staff was via online, fax and phone.
Pros
thirteen week contracts.
Cons
getting entitled reimbursement is very difficult.

Comment – December 30, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience working with American Mobile - I am glad to hear you were happy with your assignments thus far. I appreciate your feedback about the contract selection. While it is true we do have more assignment options in major cities, we are continuing to expand our offerings in rural areas, and overall have one of the largest selection of jobs across all travel nursing agencies. If you have any other suggestions that you would like us to consider, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you again for your review. –Kerry Sirkka, DVP Recruiting, American Mobile

Unprofessional and fairweather
RN ICU (Former Employee) –  LANovember 16, 2014
I was consistently "gotten after" for incremental overtime. This was largely due to lack of staff resources and motivation. I have never been treated with such professional disrespect as I have with this travel company. I was wrongfully accused of an action by a hospital, and ANM refused to intercede on my behalf. They were never initiating contact with me regarding the status of this investigation; it was all facilitated by me. Any little contact I did have with them was not informative, insincere, and not productive. It was as though the second I was no longer making them money, I was no good to them. Would NEVER recommend them as a travel agency. They have a bad reputation for a reason!
Pros
high compensation package with hospital
Cons
lack of professional integrity of agency
Great opportunities
Registered Nurse - Telemetry (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 9, 2014
Great company to work for and travel at the same time. Lived in Las Vegas and California.
Travel Nursing
Travel Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 4, 2014
Provided Level III/IV neonatal nursing care to premature newborns on 13 week contract assignments.
Run for Your Life!!
Certified First Assistant (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 28, 2014
Run-Run-Run I've been traveling 7 yrs with 10 different companies and this is by far the worst company I've ever worked for!!!
Five hundred miles from home and HOUSING screwed up , spent night in car. Still owe me the second half of my BONUS ! Housing was a complete nightmare , moved 3 times because of Shenequas' incompetence. Payroll was full of average people capable of accomplishing nothing they can't read on a computer screen! You have to keep up with every minute of time put in and then earn it again by calling Payroll to oversee how much you get paid! Idiots !
Pros
the recruiter was civil but evasive ..........
Cons
too many to name!!!!!!!!!!