American Mobile Healthcare

American Mobile Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Average Company
Travel Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 23, 2016
Just o.k. company. There are many other better reputable companies. If you get a good recruiter it helps. A lot of horror tales
Pros
Good Recruiter
Cons
Issues with correct pay
Unethical practices
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 12, 2016
This company continually engages in unethical practices between their affiliates, and rewards recruiters who engage in unethical competition with other recruiters. My advice, work for a smaller recruiting agency that doesn't have this corporate mantra that AMN has. You'll be doing more overhead yourself, but you'll be happier in the long run knowing you have your own clients, ones that aren't shared with 3 other recruiters in the same company. I was very disappointed in the culture here.
Pros
Cons
Low base, affiliates, stinky bathrooms
i enjoyed the traveling and the unexpected and new at each place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 4, 2016
I was able to fit in and become fluent in each of the emergency and traumas that I was contracted to. I met many great people and found out that I was able to conquer almost anything
I got to visit many places and enjoy great new sights
I will miss it, but the frequent moving is hard if you have more that a suitcase or two
Safe enviornment always!"
SPD Sterile Processing Traveler (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 15, 2016
Without any doubt American Mobile always made me feel safe during travels... The best part of becoming American Mobile employee is getting placed to the best top-scaled appartments nationwide..
excellent healthcare
ICU Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2016
At American Mobile Healthcare i was assigned to work as a ICU Nurse at the University of Chicago. A typical day at work began with taking shift report form the previous RN. Next I introduce myself to the patients and their families, and inquire about any patient concerns that need to be addressed. A complete physical assessment is done on all patients, and added to the healthcare record.I attend the unit round at at which time the entire healthcare team is present. I make a oral presentation of all my patients, the Physician and the team evaluates the patient progress and treatment plan. A treatment plan is ordered by the Physician with the input of the nurse, pharmacist, physical therapist, and case manager. Nursing care is administered to the patients as ordered for the entire shift.I administer medications, perform nursing procedures,teach patients and their families, and communicate with ll members of the healthcare team in order to facilitate the patient care plan and treatment. My managers were very thorough and efficient.My co-workers were highly skilled and caring. The hardest part of my job was that being in such a large facility sometimes made timely comminication with all the healthcare team very challenging. The most enjoyable part of my job was the reward of witnessing the healing and recovery of my patients.
Pros
Teaching hospital where I learned many new treatments.
Cons
Very large hospital, communication was challenging.
Travel Agency
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 4, 2016
This agency was good to work for. Very helpful through the contract period. Was dropped once an issue was brought forward and company declined further contracts.
Benefits
Great travel company
RN II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2015
Good place to work. Wonderful support staff and good assignments. Travel contracts were well negotiated and clear. Lot of opportunity to see new places and meet new people. They pay for housing and the accommodations were nice.
Working with American Mobile
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 22, 2015
American Mobile provided me with the rare opportunity to travel. I enjoyed my experience with them, my recruiter was very kind and helpful. Although, I do wish they had been more open about the position they set me up with. I was unaware of how much the company Kaiser Permanente would be floating me to other floors half-way through the day making continued patient care difficult. Other than that they've provided a great experience for me.
Pros
They pay for rent and utilities, they paid a decent amount to help me ship my car to california
Great!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 7, 2015
I totally enjoyed all the assignments received from All-About Staffing! The company management were always personable and helpful. Knowing some of the nurses they used was an added plus; all professional at all times.
Pros
Personable; careing
travel therapist
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  upmc pittsburgh, paSeptember 4, 2015
great working environment, level 1 trauma care/ emergency services, hhn tx, staff therapist, independent icu therapist, bronch assist, ventilator care

Want to know more about American Mobile Healthcare?

Ask a question
Good travel nurse company.
RN in Coronary Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 9, 2015
Working for this company was rewarding and fulfilling. The recruiters work hard to find you a good job that meets your needs. They keep in close contact and are very responsive.
Pros
They work hard for you.
Interesting company
Traveling Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2015
The company provides you with the opportunity to travel all over the United States and work at some of the top medical facilities in the Nation. Wonderful support and resources.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Traveling
Great travel company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 5, 2015
Lots of job opportunities for travel nurses around the US
Competitive pay
Great recruiters
Good work place environments
Unit Secretary and Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJune 8, 2015
Always about patient care and also team work among the staff. This was a very good experience to become a traveler and experience different hospitals but to also travel among the hospital and work every floor.
Pros
Always about patient care and also team work among the staff.

Comment – June 15, 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience working at American Mobile - I am glad to hear you were happy working with our incredible team! We are always open to your feedback on how to continue to support our travelers in achieving their career and travel goals. If you have suggestions that you would like us to consider, please do not hesitate to contact me at Kerry.Sirkka@amnhealthcare.com or (858) 792-0711 x3485. Thank you again for your review. –Kerry Sirkka, DVP, Travel Nurse Recruitment.

Great work environment with my last assignment
Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 4, 2015
Typically had a great day a work. My co-workers were very helpful to jump in and answer any question I came across. The management was warm and friendly and did a great job with welcoming me to the milieu. As with any new job I gained skills and learned new behavior management techniques. The hardest part of my job was working night shift and adjusting my body to this new schedule. I enjoyed the most the interactions with different hospital personal.
Pros
free meal tickets at times, helpful staff
Cons
many staff members it was hard to define which staff carried out certian duties.
Travel RN
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 1, 2015
I worked as a travel nurse for a number years. I had taken contracts in level one trauma facilities and or teaching hospitals. I worked within cardio-thoracic ICU's and specialized in critical care of heart related surgeries including heart transplants as well as lung transplants. My typical day would include receiving patients direct from the OR ad would provide all care for my patient up through and after extubation, My coworkers varied as I had different 13 weeks contracts but have found most of my co-workers to be highly skilled and competent. The hardest part of my job was staying on top of my skill set in terms of having the most cutting edge training nationwide. This also happens to be the most enjoyable part of my work. I picked assignments that were tailored to high intensity, high expectations, and were often 1:1 patient to nurse ratio as the level of acuity was at the highest level.
Pros
Continuous education
Cons
Can be stressful
Amn
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2015
Travel job. Pretty independent while working for them so didn't need to communicate much. Took a while to get a response when needed though
Excellent recruitor, good job security
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 2, 2015
My overall job experience with American Mobile was positive. However, there were some negative aspects to my contract, like no reimbursement if the facility cancelled me, a dock in pay if I had to call-in, etc.
lover working at the different hospital
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Always had work for me. My husband had retied and the kids were all in school and we were able to see this country. I had so much fun going to different hospital and learn so much about my job and country
Pros
money
Horrible Company
RN (Current Employee) –  NYJanuary 1, 2015
This is my second travel assignment with AMN, the 1st ended after i quit due to unsafe assignment in 2011. So I stupidly gave them another shot. I work in Buffalo, NY -12hr Nights on a Tele MedSurg unit that gets no less than 5 to 8 admissions a night. The computerized medication administration is very cumbersome and long. All the supervisors are horrible except one! They float me after 4 hours and only give me a hour notice so I'm rushing to get my charting and meds done. I am so confused at times as to which patients I have as I end up having taken care of no less that 12 to 13 patients by the nights completed. The worst part of the job is having no sitters to help with confused bed jumpers! The Mgr doesn't want falls but we can't be everywhere, either. She also doesn't want to be bothered with issues that arise with patients and their families. The overall morale of the staff is low. The staff are helpful as well as ask me if I need assistance. The hardest part of the job is not getting a break on time. The AMN Pay sucks!!! AMN makes good money from the facility, but chooses not to fairly compensate the nurses that work for them. I was told that I would make more if I didn't take company housing, but my pay rate stayed at $16.30/ hour; the nurses at the facility make at least $30.00 over hour!!! AMN sucks and I'm going to PPR Travel at the completion of thus contract.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
AMN Steals Compensation From Their Nurses

Comment – December 31, 1969

Sure! Definitely will give you a call and thank you for listening to me.

Comment – December 31, 1969

I am very sorry to hear about this experience. American Mobile truly values our nurses and we strive to provide a positive and rewarding travel nursing experience. I would like to discuss your experience in more detail so that I can resolve it. I hope you will please call the main American Mobile phone number and ask for me. –Kerry Sirkka, Division Vice President, American Mobile

American Mobile Healthcare Reviews by Location