American Mobile Healthcare

American Mobile Healthcare Employer Reviews

Horrible company!!! RUN!!!!
Surgical Tech (Former Employee), CA, NY, DCSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: they have travel assignments
Cons: they lie, they steal, the make you pay for their mistakes. horrible company.
I worked for American Mobile for several assignments over the years. I started working for them when I was younger and less hip to the travel assignment world. I thought things were okay, until I got an assignment to Hawaii. I paid for my ticket (up front, as is required), and at the last minute, the hospital canceled the job. American Mobile would – more... not reimburse me for my ticket.

I went with another company after that, but came back to give them a 2nd chance. My recruiter was horrible, incompetent, and would send my profile to hospitals in places where she had not even spoken to me about...places I had no intention of going, then she would try to convince me to go, saying that the hospital really wanted me.

I took one assignment, and found out that I was being paid $5.00 less an hour than travelers from other companies, and I was placed in an old, roach infested place, and when I asked to move to the apartment where the other companies housed their travelers, I was told that I would have to pay a share of the rent. I moved out and rented a hotel room on my own,

I then, stupidly, took another assignment with them. My recruiter gave me the wrong start date, so I left home to drive 3000 miles away (from the west coast to the east coast). Half way into my drive, my recruiter calls me and says my start date is a week later...her mistake. I am not allowed to start earlier due to oreintation, and when I asked where I was going to stay, they said I could move into the apartment, but had to pay rent because I wasn't working. It was HER mistake, so I fought it. They agreed to eat the cost, but when I got my check, after working 40.5 hours, they paid me $166.55. This was after I lost a week of pay ($1200.00) by leaving early, losing another week of pay by not being allowed to start at the new assignment, and waiting another week to get the 1st paycheck.

After 3 weeks with no money, they gave me 166.55. I was livid, could not pay my bills, and when I said something, they gave me an advance of $300.00 and charged me a $25.00 processing fee. AFTER "THEIR" RECRUITER MADE A MISTAKE!!!!

They then informed me that they would take more rent money from 2 more checks after that.

I eventually quit. Now, they want ME to pay THEM for not completing a contract, where I was basically working for hardly any money. I never did get the pay they promised either, They said the job paid $25.50/ hour, but it never added up, with their funny math. I drove 3000 miles from home, which cost much more ($1000.00) than the measely $300 travel reimbursement I had to fight to get from them, and I guess they fgured since they weren't paying me, and I was so far from home, I would have to stay there and work for them, just to get back home. Basically, I lost about $3000.00, in 3 weeks, messing with American Mobile.

They then banned me from all of their companies (Nurses RX, NurseFinders, American Mobile, and some other one), like I would EVER want to work for them again. Thieves and liars!!!

Run!!! – less
ok travel nursing company
RN-Travel Nurse (Current Employee), Santa Fe, NMAugust 25, 2014
Pros: always nice housing
Cons: average pay with few bonuses
Working for AMN from 2012 - 2014 as a travel nurse on 10 contracts, I had few complaints. The biggest being that their pay was average, but I guess that is the trade-off for the other benefits of working with them. The housing was always great. I got paid on time with little to no hassle. The time card process was easy and very streamlined.
no complaints
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: traveling:)
Cons: got cut a month early from contract
Easy to reach in times of need and did their best to accommodate my traveling needs.
PROFESSIONAL BUT LOW PAY
Travel Certified hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 28, 2013
They charge you 18 dollars an hour if you work less than 36 hours even if the hospital or clinic don't need your services and you are done with your work for the day. They are not competitive in pay, when I left this company I swear I was getting paid 1000 dollars more every two weeks!!! Doing the exact same work!!
Average for a travel company
Certified Surgical Technologist (traveler) (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 22, 2013
Great way to get started, but low pay rates caused me to look around.
Great company that takes care of staff
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee), Florida and GANovember 5, 2013
Pros: pay, housing, locations
Worked as a travelin gnurse for AM and loved it. Great pay and accomodations for job placement.
A flexible and rewarding company to work for.
Travel OB RN (Current Employee), California, IllinoisOctober 22, 2013
Travel nursing is fun and challenging. I love traveling to new places and meeting new people. I also love learning how to do the same job I have done for almost 30 years, a different way.
Traveling is a great way to expand your knowledge base as a Nurse
Registered Nurse - Step-down/ Telemetry (Former Employee), Tennesee, North Carolina, RenoOctober 17, 2013
Pros: traveling
Cons: no vacation time
I enjoyed traveling and I would do it again. My husband and I enjoyed picking the places we wanted to go. I loved not having a long term commitment to a hospital and the freedom to explore areas more in depth. Meeting new people and learning about different cultures is an experience that has left me wanting more.
Best experience
Travel Labor & Delivery RN (Former Employee), San DiegoOctober 15, 2013
I was always happy with every assignment I got with AMN. I traveled all over without knowing anything really about certain cities but got acclimated so easily from the help of my recruiter. They have the best opportunities out there and will throw your resume out to whoever you want and in a much better timeframe (not last minute) than the other travel – more... companies. – less
They try really hard to meet the needs of their nurses
Travel Registered Nurse Medical/Surgical floor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: pay check was weekly, that was great
Cons: no pto
Had a wonderful time doing travel nursing with this agency. The assignments were fair to great.
Had good placement options for traveling therapists.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 7, 2013
Gave the options for many different locations to contract with showing diversity.
Productive work with a variety of cultural patients
RN (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 4, 2013
Pros: appreciatable fellow employees.
Cons: sometimes unable to take brakes.
A typical day at work is very consistent of changes and challenging. I have learned and improved my understanding of cultural values.
overall good company
GI RN (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 20, 2013
very helpful, good service, good job placement and housing
1 assignment
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 15, 2013
The assignment was fun, but my car was stolen. Though it had nothing to do with the company. I left for a different agency.
Professional and eager to correct problems.
Travel RN (Former Employee), Gallup, NMSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: courteous, professional
Cons: placement not usually in great areas, pay not fantastic.
I traveled with this company two times and they were very professional and on the ball.
Vast scope of experience
Recruiter Lance Bowman (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2013
Pros: good networking, nation wide
Cons: now that i am married, traveling has sort of lost it's charm.
American Mobile/National /Healthcare has provided me with a vast
range of experiences in many different settings. This experience is
not limited to patient care, but also includes experience in different cultures/different computer charting system, etc. They are a good
company to work for.
The management is strong. When issues at work arise, their team
of – more... "clinical leason's" investigate. I have this team to thank for defending an ethical decision I had to make at an assignment.
Co-worker situations are a "downside", to traveling. You are temporary help, and you have to "prove yourself", with each assign-
ment.
The hardest part of the job - Interesting question! I use to LOVE the traveling. Now that I am married, a positive quickly turned into a negative.
The enjoyable part of the job - that's easy. It's the adventure. Now
that my daughter is grown, going to places like Alaska, seeing the country, working exciting cities like Miami, it was great! – less
Wonderful Nursing Travel Agency
RN, RNC-NIC (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2013
12 hour dayshift in 80 bed unit in Chicago. Very good housing reimbursement and pay.
Overall
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), variousJuly 30, 2013
It was a good company to work for and my recruiter was wonderful, but some of the management and finer details weren't as good as I would have hoped. Other travel companies seem to have more employee support and sound organization.
Travel Position at a Children's Hospital ED
Travel Nurse (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2013
Pros: housing stipend
Cons: bad insurance, night shift hours, no support for travel nurses
Travel nurses get whatever shifts are available, unfortunately I get evening/night shift when requested day shift. 12 hours shifts with 1/2 lunch break. In any job, there are great co-workers and some not so great. Management was super critical and tough to work with. Dealing with demanding parents, family members and patients makes a nurses job tough – more... - they complain over things we have no control over such as wait time, facility problems, etc. – less
Nice
Registered Nurse/Obstetrics-Medical/Surgical (Former Employee), VariousJuly 10, 2013
Had nice assignments. The people were friendly and the housing was amazing. Just didn't like being away from my family.

About American Mobile Healthcare

American Mobile Healthcare sets the highest standards in professional recruitment for the travel healthcare industry, with more – Read more

American Mobile Healthcare Photos