American Mobile Healthcare

American Mobile Healthcare Employee Reviews

Unit Secretary and Monitor Technician (Current Employee), Escondido, CAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Always about patient care and also team work among the staff.
Always about patient care and also team work among the staff. This was a very good experience to become a traveler and experience different hospitals but to also travel among the hospital and work every floor.

June 15, 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience working at American Mobile - I am glad to hear you were happy working with our incredible team! We are always open to your feedback on how to continue to support our travelers in achieving their career and travel goals. If you have suggestions that you would like us to consider, please do not hesitate to contact me at Kerry.Sirkka@amnhealthcare.com or (858) 792-0711 x3485. Thank you again for your review. –Kerry Sirkka, DVP, Travel Nurse Recruitment.

Great work environment with my last assignment
Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 4, 2015
Pros: free meal tickets at times, helpful staff
Cons: many staff members it was hard to define which staff carried out certian duties.
Typically had a great day a work. My co-workers were very helpful to jump in and answer any question I came across. The management was warm and friendly and did a great job with welcoming me to the milieu. As with any new job I gained skills and learned new behavior management techniques. The hardest part of my job was working night shift and adjusting my body to this new schedule. I enjoyed the most the interactions with different hospital personal.
Travel RN
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee), CaliforniaJune 1, 2015
Pros: Continuous education
Cons: Can be stressful
I worked as a travel nurse for a number years. I had taken contracts in level one trauma facilities and or teaching hospitals. I worked within cardio-thoracic ICU's and specialized in critical care of heart related surgeries including heart transplants as well as lung transplants. My typical day would include receiving patients direct from the OR ad would provide all care for my patient up through and after extubation, My coworkers varied as I had different 13 weeks contracts but have found most of my co-workers to be highly skilled and competent. The hardest part of my job was staying on top of my skill set in terms of having the most cutting edge training nationwide. This also happens to be the most enjoyable part of my work. I picked assignments that were tailored to high intensity, high expectations, and were often 1:1 patient to nurse ratio as the level of acuity was at the highest level.
AMN
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2015
Travel job. Pretty independent while working for them so didn't need to communicate much. Took a while to get a response when needed though
Excellent recruitor, good job security
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 2, 2015
My overall job experience with American Mobile was positive. However, there were some negative aspects to my contract, like no reimbursement if the facility cancelled me, a dock in pay if I had to call-in, etc.
lover working at the different hospital
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: money
Always had work for me. My husband had retied and the kids were all in school and we were able to see this country. I had so much fun going to different hospital and learn so much about my job and country
Horrible Company
RN (Current Employee), NYJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: steady work
Cons: amn steals compensation from their nurses
This is my second travel assignment with AMN, the 1st ended after i quit due to unsafe assignment in 2011. So I stupidly gave them another shot. I work in Buffalo, NY -12hr Nights on a Tele MedSurg unit that gets no less than 5 to 8 admissions a night. The computerized medication administration is very cumbersome and long. All the supervisors are horrible except one! They float me after 4 hours and only give me a hour notice so I'm rushing to get my charting and meds done. I am so confused at times as to which patients I have as I end up having taken care of no less that 12 to 13 patients by the nights completed. The worst part of the job is having no sitters to help with confused bed jumpers! The Mgr doesn't want falls but we can't be everywhere, either. She also doesn't want to be bothered with issues that arise with patients and their families. The overall morale of the staff is low. The staff are helpful as well as ask me if I need assistance. The hardest part of the job is not getting a break on time. The AMN Pay sucks!!! AMN makes good money from the facility, but chooses not to fairly compensate the nurses that work for them. I was told that I would make more if I didn't take company housing, but my pay rate stayed at $16.30/ hour; the nurses at the facility make at least $30.00 over hour!!! AMN sucks and I'm going to PPR Travel at the completion of thus contract.

January 6, 2015

I am very sorry to hear about this experience. American Mobile truly values our nurses and we strive to provide a positive and rewarding travel nursing experience. I would like to discuss your experience in more detail so that I can resolve it. I hope you will please call the main American Mobile phone number and ask for me. –Kerry Sirkka, Division Vice President, American Mobile

January 12, 2015

Sure! Definitely will give you a call and thank you for listening to me.

Many contracts in large cities
Travel RN at American Mobile Healthcare/AMN (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 17, 2014
Pros: thirteen week contracts.
Cons: getting entitled reimbursement is very difficult.
Good pay if you take contracts in major cities. Not many contracts in rural areas. They have the tendency to encourage your placement in areas where their reimbursement is highest. Since this is a travel position, my interaction with the staff was via online, fax and phone.

December 30, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience working with American Mobile - I am glad to hear you were happy with your assignments thus far. I appreciate your feedback about the contract selection. While it is true we do have more assignment options in major cities, we are continuing to expand our offerings in rural areas, and overall have one of the largest selection of jobs across all travel nursing agencies. If you have any other suggestions that you would like us to consider, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you again for your review. –Kerry Sirkka, DVP Recruiting, American Mobile

Unprofessional and fairweather
RN ICU (Former Employee), LANovember 16, 2014
Pros: high compensation package with hospital
Cons: lack of professional integrity of agency
I was consistently "gotten after" for incremental overtime. This was largely due to lack of staff resources and motivation. I have never been treated with such professional disrespect as I have with this travel company. I was wrongfully accused of an action by a hospital, and ANM refused to intercede on my behalf. They were never initiating contact with me regarding the status of this investigation; it was all facilitated by me. Any little contact I did have with them was not informative, insincere, and not productive. It was as though the second I was no longer making them money, I was no good to them. Would NEVER recommend them as a travel agency. They have a bad reputation for a reason!
Great opportunities
Registered Nurse - Telemetry (Former Employee), CaliforniaNovember 9, 2014
Great company to work for and travel at the same time. Lived in Las Vegas and California.
Travel Nursing
Travel Registered Nurse (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 4, 2014
Provided Level III/IV neonatal nursing care to premature newborns on 13 week contract assignments.
Run for Your Life!!
Certified First Assistant (Former Employee), GeorgiaOctober 28, 2014
Pros: the recruiter was civil but evasive ..........
Cons: too many to name!!!!!!!!!!
Run-Run-Run I've been traveling 7 yrs with 10 different companies and this is by far the worst company I've ever worked for!!!
Five hundred miles from home and HOUSING screwed up , spent night in car. Still owe me the second half of my BONUS ! Housing was a complete nightmare , moved 3 times because of Shenequas' incompetence. Payroll was full of average people capable of accomplishing nothing they can't read on a computer screen! You have to keep up with every minute of time put in and then earn it again by calling Payroll to oversee how much you get paid! Idiots !
An Excellent Recruiter!!
Travel Nurse (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2014
Pros: our recruiter, gets you to the best hospitals in the us and the best cities
Cons: no paid time off
Travel nursing has been such a wonderful opportunity for me. I have been with AMN for 3 years now. I have travelled all over the US to some of the top ranked magnet hospitals. My days at work are challenging as a traveller but I always feel wholeheartedly supported by my recruiter. She is amazing! A large part of travel nursing satisfaction is about the recruiter. I travel with my friend and roommate and we both absolutely LOVE our recruiter! We have also loved meeting nurses from all over the US, we have new life long friends in all the cities we have lived in! We have also loved the units we have worked on! It certainly isn't easy jumping from hospital to hospital but the things we have learned since are irreplaceable! My nursing knowledge has grown exponentially since I began travel nursing and I am able to adapt quickly to change! I have nothing but good experiences with AMN! Thank you!
Largest Tavel Agency
Nurse (Former Employee), Norfolk, VASeptember 16, 2014
I did 7 assignments in 4 different hospitals in 3 different states with this company. I highly recommend them
Horrible company!!! RUN!!!!
Surgical Tech (Former Employee), CA, NY, DCSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: they have travel assignments
Cons: they lie, they steal, the make you pay for their mistakes. horrible company.
I worked for American Mobile for several assignments over the years. I started working for them when I was younger and less hip to the travel assignment world. I thought things were okay, until I got an assignment to Hawaii. I paid for my ticket (up front, as is required), and at the last minute, the hospital canceled the job. American Mobile would not reimburse me for my ticket.

I went with another company after that, but came back to give them a 2nd chance. My recruiter was horrible, incompetent, and would send my profile to hospitals in places where she had not even spoken to me about...places I had no intention of going, then she would try to convince me to go, saying that the hospital really wanted me.

I took one assignment, and found out that I was being paid $5.00 less an hour than travelers from other companies, and I was placed in an old, roach infested place, and when I asked to move to the apartment where the other companies housed their travelers, I was told that I would have to pay a share of the rent. I moved out and rented a hotel room on my own,

I then, stupidly, took another assignment with them. My recruiter gave me the wrong start date, so I left home to drive 3000 miles away (from the west coast to the east coast). Half way into my drive, my recruiter calls me and says my start date is a week later...her mistake. I am not allowed to start earlier due to oreintation, and when I asked where I was going to stay, they said I could move into the apartment, but had to pay rent because I wasn't working. It was HER mistake, so I fought it. They agreed to eat the – more... cost, but when I got my check, after working 40.5 hours, they paid me $166.55. This was after I lost a week of pay ($1200.00) by leaving early, losing another week of pay by not being allowed to start at the new assignment, and waiting another week to get the 1st paycheck.

After 3 weeks with no money, they gave me 166.55. I was livid, could not pay my bills, and when I said something, they gave me an advance of $300.00 and charged me a $25.00 processing fee. AFTER "THEIR" RECRUITER MADE A MISTAKE!!!!

They then informed me that they would take more rent money from 2 more checks after that.

I eventually quit. Now, they want ME to pay THEM for not completing a contract, where I was basically working for hardly any money. I never did get the pay they promised either, They said the job paid $25.50/ hour, but it never added up, with their funny math. I drove 3000 miles from home, which cost much more ($1000.00) than the measely $300 travel reimbursement I had to fight to get from them, and I guess they fgured since they weren't paying me, and I was so far from home, I would have to stay there and work for them, just to get back home. Basically, I lost about $3000.00, in 3 weeks, messing with American Mobile.

They then banned me from all of their companies (Nurses RX, NurseFinders, American Mobile, and some other one), like I would EVER want to work for them again. Thieves and liars!!!

Run!!! – less
ok travel nursing company
RN-Travel Nurse (Current Employee), Santa Fe, NMAugust 25, 2014
Pros: always nice housing
Cons: average pay with few bonuses
Working for AMN from 2012 - 2014 as a travel nurse on 10 contracts, I had few complaints. The biggest being that their pay was average, but I guess that is the trade-off for the other benefits of working with them. The housing was always great. I got paid on time with little to no hassle. The time card process was easy and very streamlined.
no complaints
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: traveling:)
Cons: got cut a month early from contract
Easy to reach in times of need and did their best to accommodate my traveling needs.
PROFESSIONAL BUT LOW PAY
Travel Certified hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 28, 2013
They charge you 18 dollars an hour if you work less than 36 hours even if the hospital or clinic don't need your services and you are done with your work for the day. They are not competitive in pay, when I left this company I swear I was getting paid 1000 dollars more every two weeks!!! Doing the exact same work!!
Average for a travel company
Certified Surgical Technologist (traveler) (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 22, 2013
Great way to get started, but low pay rates caused me to look around.
Great company that takes care of staff
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee), Florida and GANovember 5, 2013
Pros: pay, housing, locations
Worked as a travelin gnurse for AM and loved it. Great pay and accomodations for job placement.

1 2 3

About American Mobile Healthcare

American Mobile Healthcare sets the highest standards in professional recruitment for the travel healthcare industry, with more – Read more

American Mobile Healthcare Salaries

$32.41 per hour
Surgical Technologist
$21.12 per hour

American Mobile Healthcare Photos

RNs Rebecca & Susan love our programs to find jobs that match their career/lifestyle goals.
Latasha J. uses mobile alerts to find out instantly when her ideal American Mobile job is available.