American Mobile Healthcare

American Mobile Healthcare Employer Reviews

Unprofessional and fairweather
RN ICU (Former Employee), LANovember 16, 2014
Pros: high compensation package with hospital
Cons: lack of professional integrity of agency
I was consistently "gotten after" for incremental overtime. This was largely due to lack of staff resources and motivation. I have never been treated with such professional disrespect as I have with this travel company. I was wrongfully accused of an action by a hospital, and ANM refused to intercede on my behalf. They were never initiating contact – more... with me regarding the status of this investigation; it was all facilitated by me. Any little contact I did have with them was not informative, insincere, and not productive. It was as though the second I was no longer making them money, I was no good to them. Would NEVER recommend them as a travel agency. They have a bad reputation for a reason! – less
Great opportunities
Registered Nurse - Telemetry (Former Employee), CaliforniaNovember 9, 2014
Great company to work for and travel at the same time. Lived in Las Vegas and California.
Travel Nursing
Travel Registered Nurse (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 4, 2014
Provided Level III/IV neonatal nursing care to premature newborns on 13 week contract assignments.
Run for Your Life!!
Certified First Assistant (Former Employee), GeorgiaOctober 28, 2014
Pros: the recruiter was civil but evasive ..........
Cons: too many to name!!!!!!!!!!
Run-Run-Run I've been traveling 7 yrs with 10 different companies and this is by far the worst company I've ever worked for!!!
Five hundred miles from home and HOUSING screwed up , spent night in car. Still owe me the second half of my BONUS ! Housing was a complete nightmare , moved 3 times because of Shenequas' incompetence. Payroll was full of average – more... people capable of accomplishing nothing they can't read on a computer screen! You have to keep up with every minute of time put in and then earn it again by calling Payroll to oversee how much you get paid! Idiots ! – less
An Excellent Recruiter!!
Travel Nurse (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2014
Pros: our recruiter, gets you to the best hospitals in the us and the best cities
Cons: no paid time off
Travel nursing has been such a wonderful opportunity for me. I have been with AMN for 3 years now. I have travelled all over the US to some of the top ranked magnet hospitals. My days at work are challenging as a traveller but I always feel wholeheartedly supported by my recruiter. She is amazing! A large part of travel nursing satisfaction is about – more... the recruiter. I travel with my friend and roommate and we both absolutely LOVE our recruiter! We have also loved meeting nurses from all over the US, we have new life long friends in all the cities we have lived in! We have also loved the units we have worked on! It certainly isn't easy jumping from hospital to hospital but the things we have learned since are irreplaceable! My nursing knowledge has grown exponentially since I began travel nursing and I am able to adapt quickly to change! I have nothing but good experiences with AMN! Thank you! – less
Largest Tavel Agency
Nurse (Former Employee), Norfolk, VASeptember 16, 2014
I did 7 assignments in 4 different hospitals in 3 different states with this company. I highly recommend them
Horrible company!!! RUN!!!!
Surgical Tech (Former Employee), CA, NY, DCSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: they have travel assignments
Cons: they lie, they steal, the make you pay for their mistakes. horrible company.
I worked for American Mobile for several assignments over the years. I started working for them when I was younger and less hip to the travel assignment world. I thought things were okay, until I got an assignment to Hawaii. I paid for my ticket (up front, as is required), and at the last minute, the hospital canceled the job. American Mobile would – more... not reimburse me for my ticket.

I went with another company after that, but came back to give them a 2nd chance. My recruiter was horrible, incompetent, and would send my profile to hospitals in places where she had not even spoken to me about...places I had no intention of going, then she would try to convince me to go, saying that the hospital really wanted me.

I took one assignment, and found out that I was being paid $5.00 less an hour than travelers from other companies, and I was placed in an old, roach infested place, and when I asked to move to the apartment where the other companies housed their travelers, I was told that I would have to pay a share of the rent. I moved out and rented a hotel room on my own,

I then, stupidly, took another assignment with them. My recruiter gave me the wrong start date, so I left home to drive 3000 miles away (from the west coast to the east coast). Half way into my drive, my recruiter calls me and says my start date is a week later...her mistake. I am not allowed to start earlier due to oreintation, and when I asked where I was going to stay, they said I could move into the apartment, but had to pay rent because I wasn't working. It was HER mistake, so I fought it. They agreed to eat the cost, but when I got my check, after working 40.5 hours, they paid me $166.55. This was after I lost a week of pay ($1200.00) by leaving early, losing another week of pay by not being allowed to start at the new assignment, and waiting another week to get the 1st paycheck.

After 3 weeks with no money, they gave me 166.55. I was livid, could not pay my bills, and when I said something, they gave me an advance of $300.00 and charged me a $25.00 processing fee. AFTER "THEIR" RECRUITER MADE A MISTAKE!!!!

They then informed me that they would take more rent money from 2 more checks after that.

I eventually quit. Now, they want ME to pay THEM for not completing a contract, where I was basically working for hardly any money. I never did get the pay they promised either, They said the job paid $25.50/ hour, but it never added up, with their funny math. I drove 3000 miles from home, which cost much more ($1000.00) than the measely $300 travel reimbursement I had to fight to get from them, and I guess they fgured since they weren't paying me, and I was so far from home, I would have to stay there and work for them, just to get back home. Basically, I lost about $3000.00, in 3 weeks, messing with American Mobile.

They then banned me from all of their companies (Nurses RX, NurseFinders, American Mobile, and some other one), like I would EVER want to work for them again. Thieves and liars!!!

Run!!! – less
ok travel nursing company
RN-Travel Nurse (Current Employee), Santa Fe, NMAugust 25, 2014
Pros: always nice housing
Cons: average pay with few bonuses
Working for AMN from 2012 - 2014 as a travel nurse on 10 contracts, I had few complaints. The biggest being that their pay was average, but I guess that is the trade-off for the other benefits of working with them. The housing was always great. I got paid on time with little to no hassle. The time card process was easy and very streamlined.
no complaints
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: traveling:)
Cons: got cut a month early from contract
Easy to reach in times of need and did their best to accommodate my traveling needs.
PROFESSIONAL BUT LOW PAY
Travel Certified hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 28, 2013
They charge you 18 dollars an hour if you work less than 36 hours even if the hospital or clinic don't need your services and you are done with your work for the day. They are not competitive in pay, when I left this company I swear I was getting paid 1000 dollars more every two weeks!!! Doing the exact same work!!
Average for a travel company
Certified Surgical Technologist (traveler) (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 22, 2013
Great way to get started, but low pay rates caused me to look around.
Great company that takes care of staff
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee), Florida and GANovember 5, 2013
Pros: pay, housing, locations
Worked as a travelin gnurse for AM and loved it. Great pay and accomodations for job placement.
A flexible and rewarding company to work for.
Travel OB RN (Current Employee), California, IllinoisOctober 22, 2013
Travel nursing is fun and challenging. I love traveling to new places and meeting new people. I also love learning how to do the same job I have done for almost 30 years, a different way.
Traveling is a great way to expand your knowledge base as a Nurse
Registered Nurse - Step-down/ Telemetry (Former Employee), Tennesee, North Carolina, RenoOctober 17, 2013
Pros: traveling
Cons: no vacation time
I enjoyed traveling and I would do it again. My husband and I enjoyed picking the places we wanted to go. I loved not having a long term commitment to a hospital and the freedom to explore areas more in depth. Meeting new people and learning about different cultures is an experience that has left me wanting more.
Best experience
Travel Labor & Delivery RN (Former Employee), San DiegoOctober 15, 2013
I was always happy with every assignment I got with AMN. I traveled all over without knowing anything really about certain cities but got acclimated so easily from the help of my recruiter. They have the best opportunities out there and will throw your resume out to whoever you want and in a much better timeframe (not last minute) than the other travel – more... companies. – less
They try really hard to meet the needs of their nurses
Travel Registered Nurse Medical/Surgical floor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: pay check was weekly, that was great
Cons: no pto
Had a wonderful time doing travel nursing with this agency. The assignments were fair to great.
Had good placement options for traveling therapists.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 7, 2013
Gave the options for many different locations to contract with showing diversity.
Productive work with a variety of cultural patients
RN (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 4, 2013
Pros: appreciatable fellow employees.
Cons: sometimes unable to take brakes.
A typical day at work is very consistent of changes and challenging. I have learned and improved my understanding of cultural values.
overall good company
GI RN (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 20, 2013
very helpful, good service, good job placement and housing
1 assignment
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 15, 2013
The assignment was fun, but my car was stolen. Though it had nothing to do with the company. I left for a different agency.

1 2 3

About American Mobile Healthcare

American Mobile Healthcare sets the highest standards in professional recruitment for the travel healthcare industry, with more – Read more

American Mobile Healthcare Photos