American Mobile Healthcare

American Mobile Healthcare Employee Reviews

Challenging moving place to place, but an adventure.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 14, 2017
Depending on the location, you may be working in pre-op, procedure rooms, and/or post-op. Flexibility is key to traveling assignments. Usually you are well received by the staff and management. Just be adaptable.
Pros
Adventure, new cities, new people.
Cons
Frequent changing of assignment and relocation
They Mistreat Employees, Lie About Terms
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaNovember 2, 2016
I worked there for 5 months. From the beginning they told me that my driving radius wouldn't be more than 25 miles.

That was a lie.

They told me what my pay rate would be as well as what the hours would be. That turned out too to be a lie.

Lastly, their staff and dispatchers are so unbelievably incompetent, it's amazing how the poor people who wait for rides to their doctors appts. are not waiting more than the average 2 hours that they typically wait for transportation.

I would not recommend working with this company as they show a blatant disregard for their employees and respond negatively to any constructive feedback.
Pros
Cons
Blatant disregard for their employees, horrible communication, bad pay
Worked with my schedule.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92130January 12, 2017
My nurse recruiter worked with me to find the best packet to suit my needs.
I would recommend AMH to any travel Nurse, they have a great benefits packet.
Pros
Found work nearest my home.
Icu
Travel Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DcOctober 14, 2016
Caring for critically ill patients in an ICU setting. Coordinating patient care within an interdisciplinary team. Management is accommodating and hands on. The hardest part of the job is the environment can be high stress. The most enjoyable part of my job is patient interaction and critical thinking.
Great place to work alongside awesome minded people
Customer Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 16, 2017
Great place filled with amazing opportunites. The workload is intense! The people there are fantastic! Loved the opportunity to grow and give my own ideas and suggestions.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Varied patient population, good colleagues
Psych Nurse Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CADecember 23, 2016
PES Behavioral Health Unit, lots of challenges, good colleagues, wonderful support techs.
Often multiple admissions via ambos delivering at the ER door simultaneously was a challenge.
Pros
Free housing
Cons
great company to work for.
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 26, 2017
Excellent resources available to streamline your travel nurse experiences. The online portal makes payroll and training easy and the support staff are always available and friendly.
Unethical practices
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 12, 2016
This company continually engages in unethical practices between their affiliates, and rewards recruiters who engage in unethical competition with other recruiters. My advice, work for a smaller recruiting agency that doesn't have this corporate mantra that AMN has. You'll be doing more overhead yourself, but you'll be happier in the long run knowing you have your own clients, ones that aren't shared with 3 other recruiters in the same company. I was very disappointed in the culture here.
Pros
Cons
Low base, affiliates, stinky bathrooms
Travel Agency
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 4, 2016
This agency was good to work for. Very helpful through the contract period. Was dropped once an issue was brought forward and company declined further contracts.
Benefits
Vast scope of experience
Recruiter Lance Bowman (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2013
American Mobile/National /Healthcare has provided me with a vast
range of experiences in many different settings. This experience is
not limited to patient care, but also includes experience in different cultures/different computer charting system, etc. They are a good
company to work for.
The management is strong. When issues at work arise, their team
of "clinical leason's" investigate. I have this team to thank for defending an ethical decision I had to make at an assignment.
Co-worker situations are a "downside", to traveling. You are temporary help, and you have to "prove yourself", with each assign-
ment.
The hardest part of the job - Interesting question! I use to LOVE the traveling. Now that I am married, a positive quickly turned into a negative.
The enjoyable part of the job - that's easy. It's the adventure. Now
that my daughter is grown, going to places like Alaska, seeing the country, working exciting cities like Miami, it was great!
Pros
Good networking, nation wide
Cons
Now that I am married, traveling has sort of lost it's charm.
Great travel company
Traveling surgical technologist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 2, 2016
Easy people to work with, great pay and the travel is amazing. you can get so much experience and see so many people. great fun.
Pros
awsome all the way around
Cons
i enjoyed the traveling and the unexpected and new at each place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 4, 2016
I was able to fit in and become fluent in each of the emergency and traumas that I was contracted to. I met many great people and found out that I was able to conquer almost anything
I got to visit many places and enjoy great new sights
I will miss it, but the frequent moving is hard if you have more that a suitcase or two
Great work environment with my last assignment
Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 4, 2015
Typically had a great day a work. My co-workers were very helpful to jump in and answer any question I came across. The management was warm and friendly and did a great job with welcoming me to the milieu. As with any new job I gained skills and learned new behavior management techniques. The hardest part of my job was working night shift and adjusting my body to this new schedule. I enjoyed the most the interactions with different hospital personal.
Pros
free meal tickets at times, helpful staff
Cons
many staff members it was hard to define which staff carried out certian duties.
Unprofessional and fairweather
RN ICU (Former Employee) –  LANovember 16, 2014
I was consistently "gotten after" for incremental overtime. This was largely due to lack of staff resources and motivation. I have never been treated with such professional disrespect as I have with this travel company. I was wrongfully accused of an action by a hospital, and ANM refused to intercede on my behalf. They were never initiating contact with me regarding the status of this investigation; it was all facilitated by me. Any little contact I did have with them was not informative, insincere, and not productive. It was as though the second I was no longer making them money, I was no good to them. Would NEVER recommend them as a travel agency. They have a bad reputation for a reason!
Pros
high compensation package with hospital
Cons
lack of professional integrity of agency
Average Company
Travel Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 23, 2016
Just o.k. company. There are many other better reputable companies. If you get a good recruiter it helps. A lot of horror tales
Pros
Good Recruiter
Cons
Issues with correct pay
Fun experience in travel nursinf
Travel ED Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 14, 2012
Recruiter for the company was very helpful and prompt. Received above average compensation when compared to other wages of staff nurses in more perrmanent positions. Was a great opportunity and had a fun time
Pros
above average compensation, great recruitment team
Cons
job security
Great!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 7, 2015
I totally enjoyed all the assignments received from All-About Staffing! The company management were always personable and helpful. Knowing some of the nurses they used was an added plus; all professional at all times.
Pros
Personable; careing
Travel Position at a Children's Hospital ED
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2013
Travel nurses get whatever shifts are available, unfortunately I get evening/night shift when requested day shift. 12 hours shifts with 1/2 lunch break. In any job, there are great co-workers and some not so great. Management was super critical and tough to work with. Dealing with demanding parents, family members and patients makes a nurses job tough - they complain over things we have no control over such as wait time, facility problems, etc.
Pros
Housing stipend
Cons
bad insurance, night shift hours, no support for travel nurses
Fast paced and highly productive
Radiologic Tecnologist (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 26, 2012
Traveled to various nursing homes, which included all surrounding towns. Days consisted of a lot of travel, and time management was a crucial aspect of this job. I worked with a dispatcher, so I did not have contact with co-workers,
The hardest part of the job was obtaining exams, when it rained, because the equipment could not come in contact with the outside elements, and not all facilities had covered parking.
The most enjoyable part of this job, was interacting with the clients and the staff,
Pros
traveling
Cons
weather restants
Safe enviornment always!"
SPD Sterile Processing Traveler (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 15, 2016
Without any doubt American Mobile always made me feel safe during travels... The best part of becoming American Mobile employee is getting placed to the best top-scaled appartments nationwide..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Mobile Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

American Mobile Healthcare Reviews by Location