American Modern Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Great Work Environment but unstable company
Customer Service-Lender Based Service (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHNovember 14, 2017
Great American insurance was a very good work environment and the direct management in the department was great but the company closed the department and layed off 300 people.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not good job security
Fast paced company
Escrow Clerk (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHOctober 26, 2017
This is a fast paced company but the work standard could allow you to meet requirements to add a bonus to your regular pay. They had a lot of company involvement in United Way. When the work load was achieved, they would have fun times with ice cream trucks, catered meals, etc as a thank you.
Pros
Mandatory overtime
CSR (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHSeptember 27, 2017
Great company. Lots of politics. Benefits are great. Onsite gym and walking trail.... Great vacation package. Onsite Nurse. The culture is very cliquish.
This si no longer a good company to work for
Policy Writer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 24, 2017
a typical day involves dealing wth people on the worst days of their lives. I learn to handle people in the worst situtaions. Management is always switching. the harderst part of the job is dealing the the high volume of claims. the most enjoyable is the people you work with
Pros
good people that are tin the same boat as you
Cons
the job
Nice growing company.
Client Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHSeptember 18, 2017
They have a great campus and well maintained buildings. There are great people there to work with. They have great benefits.
There is room to grow and many place to explore in the company.
Good employer
Lender Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHSeptember 6, 2017
Good place to work; I enjoyed my time there. The training program was very intuitive and provided employees with the background and context to succeed in their positions.
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHAugust 23, 2017
During the time at American Modern Insurance Group, I worked as customer service representative. The work pace is very fast and I learned how to provide information customer is asking for with minimum time.
good work place
Devops Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 10, 2017
I've been with AMIG(american modern insurance group), assigned to the same client, for almost 2 years. AMIG is very mom-friendly, very flexible and has great benefits. Base pay is good. Raises have been very light for the last few years of everyone but the superstars.
agent
Licensed Property & Casualty Agent (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 8, 2017
I started in customer service, got licensed, and now am looking for other opportunities. There are 6 weeks of training before you start which give you a good foundation for the position. I don't think the pay is nearly what it should be, hence why most people leave once becoming licensed.
Love the culture, job is stressful
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHJuly 22, 2017
The people and bosses make this job. Good benefits, but highly stressful right now. Huge transformation and a little understaffed to meet the deadlines.
Pros
Benefits, People, Gym
Cons
Pay, Pressure
Good Job
Agent Support (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJune 2, 2017
Great job and facility. There is an on sight gym, fitness classes, cafeteria, and outdoor running trail. There are lots of college courses that are offered on campus.
Pros
Facility, management, employees, benefits
Cons
pay
people are not ver nice
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 24, 2017
Very hard place for new employees. You have one responsibility and if you want to take on more they do not let you. The job I had was very boring and I had time and energy to take on more.
Easy job for temporary assignment.
Data Temp (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OH 45102April 4, 2017
The work is demanding; however, each department has a certain way of doing things. The routine assist in finishing needed work and there is a large chain of command that turns to chain of support when needed.
Out with the old and in with the new
Lending service representative (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OH 45102March 15, 2017
Company has declined since the buy out by munic re and has changed their direction in business. Eliminating entire departments to restructure the company to fit the new focus of revanue.
Pros
Good Benefits /health care/401k & investment plans
Cons
No job security
Nice !!
Product Intern (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHFebruary 23, 2017
Wonderful Place to work. Friendly work environment. Flexible hours. Many team building activities. Invests in time and money in their employees.
Pros
The culture, cafeteria and the gym
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHFebruary 6, 2017
I was a contract worker at American Modern Insurance Group. The work was interesting, the contract workers were treated well, and they encouraged us to apply for internal positions. However, AMIG closed the FID division I worked in, and laid off 300+ permanent employees, which meant they were no longer considering contract workers for permanent employment.
Pros
Treated well, subsidized cafeteria, and fitness center
Cons
AMIG closed the FID division laying off hundreds of employees
Fun place to work, great employees
Deskside Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHDecember 28, 2016
American Modern Insurance Group (aka AMIG) is owned by a German company MunichRe. American Modern Insurance Group is a fun place to work with nice and polite employees. The work environment is relaxed and casual and you are able to "dress for your day" which means jeans for most employees (no t-shirts).
A great place to work.
OCR Operator I (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHDecember 2, 2016
Aside from them eliminating the department I was in, I thoroughly enjoyed my time at AMIG. They have great benefits and are always doing activities to make you feel appreciated. I have never worked anywhere that had so many activities to participate in. I am heartbroken over the elimination of my department. I truly thought I would retire there.
Pros
Great Benefits, fun atmosphere
Cons
elimination of my entire department
Very good place to work
Team Lead/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Amelia, OHNovember 28, 2016
American Modern Insurance Company is a great place to work. They offer a great compensation package as well as competitive wages. I work in the OCR Department of Ameritrac as a Team Lead. We have a great close-knit department who work together as a team to accomplish daily tasks. I truly care about the associates in our department and will really miss them when I am no longer a part of this team.
Enjoyable environment
OCR (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHNovember 19, 2016
Worked 6 hour shift doing Data entry, Management was really nice, some co-workers could be a nuisance, but most were extremely friendly, the job could get incredibly tedious at times, but you were granted a good amount of privacy and freedom to do your job
Pros
Friendly co-workers, laid back environment
Cons
Tedious work