American National Bank Employee Reviews

A culture of cooperation and very family friendly
VP BankCard Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha neSeptember 3, 2016
American National Bank is a very family friendly organization. Everyone is very friends and good to work with. The company and ownership is very involved with community service and giving back to the communities we serve.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Too much turnover at the senior management levels
Dealing with the public and assisting customers was wonderful
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXMay 2, 2016
The bank was well run and efficient. Management and staff made the banking experience pleasant for the customers. Management was very helpful to staff and were always available to the customers. Positive and thorough customer service was top priority.
Loved my career in the banking industry.
Terrell Main - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Multiple locations for ANB-Multiple job titlesOctober 15, 2015
A typical day at work always involved providing quality customer service whether in the teller area or managerial position. Always trying to be of assistance to the customers and their banking needs. I cared for all co-workers and always had a good relationship with co-workers. Managed a banking center where we had many employees. Learning the employees and their particular ways and listening to their complaints and issues whether about a co-worker or a problem at home.
Pros
Listening to customers and trying to help understand their needs.
Cons
long hours-balancing home life and work
AmData Day Operator
Day Operator (AmData) (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 4, 2015
Lots of mainframe programs. Lots of check blocks to be balanced. Lots of stuff to print. Loved it. Didn't love the hours (6am - 2pm). Good coworkers.
Productive workplace with great employees
FINANCE INTERN (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 23, 2015
A typical day consist of working on a variety of tasks such as analyzing financials from tax returns, company prepared statements, and personal financial statements with credit analysts;
examining balance sheets and income statements to analyze customers’ financial position and risk; and learning about the appraisal process, cap rates, and real estate evaluations.

The hardest part of the job is trying to work with statements that are inconsistent.

The most enjoyable part of the job consist of working with others.
Rewards for hard work
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2015
Process savings bond applications submitted by customers entering the paper work and transmitting it to the federal reserve in order for them to issue the saving bond purchased. I opened the mail sorted it and batched the savings bond applications along with the checks to purchase them. I would transmit applications cash out the payments in order for the customer to receive their bonds. I also processed any corrections need such as address changes and beneficiaries or any other pertinent information, When all was done I worked as a regular bank teller, management was a joy to work with and would recognized a hard day of work. My coworker were pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job was when we were short staffed as for most of the time the whole day wad enjoyable because you got to interact with the public and meet some interesting people.
Pros
Free uniforms, movie passes and sometimes free lunch
Cons
Losing coworkers for poor job performance often
Great Place to Work
Sr. HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 14, 2015
Very progressive senior management team who cares about their employees. Family owned and outstanding corporate citizens.
Productive and Busy
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJune 22, 2015
A typical day at work was different with the 3 areas where I was employed (Word Processing, Ag/Correspondent, Personnel). I took classes at the college through the American Institute of Banking such as Analyzing Financial Statements, Banking, Accounting, etc. Co-workers were a part of a team and were always fun to be with. The hardest part of the job was the goal of getting tasks accomplished. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing you were doing a great job and had the support of the President of the Bank.
Pros
Health Insurance, Vacation, Holidays, Free Classes
Cons
Vacation was 10 days in a row-no choice
A great place to work and build a career
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 24, 2015
I had the opportunity to advance my career from an Accounting Clerk to HR Director over the course of my employment with American National Bank. I saw many other individuals experience significant career advancement.
American National Bank of Texas
Commercial Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wylie, TXApril 16, 2015
Enjoyed my job in the Bank Lobby serving customer needs re: commercial loans. My bosses were commercial lenders as well as Banking Center Presidents. The hardest part of the job was getting everything from the customer, appraiser, surveyor, title company in order to close real estate/business loans. I enjoyed visiting with the customers when I was not under a closing deadline. My co-workers were very supportive and fun to work with.
Pros
Free lunches and promos by the bank kept us going in the lobby when we could not leave for lunch
Cons
Did not have enough vacation time
Advancment Position
Account Maintenance Representative (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAMarch 18, 2015
 Dedicated excellent and consistent customer service
 Operated multiple employer’s computer programs
 Resolved customers’ concerns in friendly manner
 Assisted with online banking by helping unlock and set up customer’s log-in
that was a temporary job that i enjoyed
Trust Securities Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2014
Co-workers where friendly. Job was interesting. I worked behind a desk 8-5pm
Good while I was there.
Customer Service Associate - Customer service (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth TXSeptember 28, 2014
Customer service, deposit collections.

Good manager. Pleasant customers.
fast paced
Atm teller (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAMay 7, 2014
very busy , bank life. I managed a teller window, balancing everyday and waiting on customers
Something different in a consistant work environment
Main Branch Teller (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAApril 16, 2014
A typical day at work involves assisting customers with their banking needs and looking to provide the products and services that best fit their personal or business life. You also constantly experience new situations while working to find the answers for new questions asked each day. Everyday involves a great deal of multitasking, detail oriented transactions, organization, great listening and communication skills, computer skills, and great team work. I have learned a lot about the banking industry and how involved a bank teller's job truly is. You work closely with Management and co-workers in banking because of the many different areas that are involved in each transactions preformed. This job would be difficult for someone who doesn't obtain good organization skills because you are faced with having to complete several task at the same time while a new situation is brought before you. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different cliental each day.
At least they work with you if you have children
Lending Department, Processor (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXMarch 10, 2014
The training I received was decent but I do not feel it was concise enough. It did not cover everything I needed to do my job well. The workload at times could choke a horse and it was not a company that paid you well for the work they expect from you. The hardest part of the job was knowing you had to be there forty hours a week. The most enjoyable part of the job was five o'clock any day, but especially Friday.
Pros
good work/life balance
Cons
bad training and even worse salary.
Seemed slow about updating systems.
Sr. Mortgage Closer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 16, 2014
Was difficult to be timely & efficient. Systems were not as updated as they could have been.
Pros
Employees were good to work with.
Cons
Slow is updating working systems.
Resourceful
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAOctober 31, 2013
Answered telephone inquiries on products, and services
Resolved problems of clients
Conducted telephone interviews to process loan applications
Maintained a thorough knowledge of all banking products and services
Accounts Payable Manager (Current Employee) –  Brainerd, MNOctober 28, 2013
An excellent place to work. Very nice atmosphere to work in.
Cons
Temporary & Part time
Fun place dealing with daily customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kaufman, TXOctober 16, 2013
I enjoyed my time at the bank, I was bank teller then new accounts manager. I pretty much worked alone and dealt with accoounts for customers and opened accounts based on customer needs.
Hardest part of job seemed to be not enough time in the day to get all the paper work done.
Most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers on a daily basis with money needs and account management no matter what amount of money they had.
I left job to go back to AT&T becuase of retirement future.
Pros
Loved customer contact
Cons
Little pay, no retirement future

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.