American National Bank Employee Reviews

This bank was sold to another
VP and Chief Credit Officer (Former Employee) –  Downtown Saint PaulSeptember 5, 2017
The work culture was the the weakest that I ever encountered. I believe that the culture caused the sale of the bank to a larger bank. Compensation was too high and the work demanded was too little.
Pros
Didn't survive
Cons
Didn't survive
Good place!
Financial Associate (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 1, 2017
Easy and relaxed. A good place to start a career. Friendly people and loyal customers. Management is great. The environment is low drama and team focused.
Fun workplace
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Oakland Park, FLJuly 9, 2017
Everyone was very nice, but i got pregnant and could not work morning shifts with a baby anymore so sadly i had to leave. It was a great environment with wonderful people. and i still bank there!
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
no cons
Great experiance
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 28, 2017
It was my first dental front desk job and I thought it was great. If I was able to stay in Lander I would have loved to learn more and even would have loved to assist the dentist.
Friendly people to work with but also dedicated and professional
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 26, 2017
I came from a small bank and wanted to learn more. From two people to a twenty-five member IT crew, I was part of the growth of the IT department and was able to learn a great deal more. I was able to hold several different titles within IT department during my tenure there.
Very quick paced
VAULT TELLER/DRIVE-THRU TELLER (Former Employee) –  Canton, TXJune 6, 2017
A typical day at work I was cashing checks, making depsoits, giving cashier checks, cash handling, balancing the vault and drawers. Also keeping work area clean and tidy and helping team mates when needed.
Pros
Fast Paced
Cons
Management wasn't great at getting around to the yearly reviews
Solid Bank with a long history
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 30, 2017
*8-5 work hours with 40 hour work week
*built a solid customer base
*learned how to prospect
*most enjoyable part of job was prospecting clients and closing business.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement
Community Bank with great customers, but no growth
Teller (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXMay 24, 2017
This was a great job for me to start off in the banking world. Not a great place for growth. Working here was slow and you got to enjoy doing activities for the customers. Management needed work on, brought issues to the table and management never resolved the issues or even attempted too do so. Which ended in multiple tellers to leave. Most enjoyable part was the closeness of the customers at the bank.
Pros
slow traffic, great customers
Cons
minimal growth, and weak management
Pleasant work atmosphere
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILMay 20, 2017
I worked with fantastic people who truly became friends. It was a professional place to work and I enjoyed going to work everyday. I loved the rotating three week schedule of four days a week. It allowed for every third weekend off.
Pros
Rotating schedule every three weeks and four 10-hour days.
Cons
Low pay
Fun!
TELLER/RETAIL CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 11, 2017
American National was great. Advancement was there if you wanted it. If you like sales it's a great job. I still keep in contact with my old coworkers. We were a pretty tight nit group.
Fun work environment and friendly team members
Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 11, 2017
Working here customers can be hard to work with but manager was always there to back up employees and to offer help when needed. work environment was like a family and great team work.
Pros
great team work
Cons
healthcare
Enjoyed teh Banking experience
Junior Loan Off., Collector, Asst. for Vice Pres. (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 25, 2017
I started with American National Bank in 1979 as a clerk, moving to several other positions during my time there. Enjoyed the people I worked with for the 13 or so years there. The Bank is no longer in business, but I was happy to have the banking experience.
It was a great job to earn cash and financial experience.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 19, 2017
I enjoyed this job because the team i was on worked very well together, I learned so much in dealing with customers and their money, which is a difficult balance at times.
Pros
hours
Insanely busy/poor pay for the work load
Teller (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 17, 2017
There would be lines of customers waiting for you as soon as you arrived: sometimes as early as 7:15 am - and it wouldn't stop until the end of the work day. If you thrive in this sort of fast paced environment, then it may be a place for you to work, but you have to be very quick on your feet without making any errors counting money. The branch (I worked at) was so busy, you had to close your window to balance your draw and/or use the bathroom, and customers would get mad, because they had already stood in line for 20 minutes or more. It could be very stressful at times.
Pros
Fast paced/time goes by in a flash
Cons
Everyone too busy to help anyone else/Little teamwork
Growing corporation with high standards
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Hardy, VAOctober 25, 2016
AMNB is a company which upholds the highest level of banking standards. They bought Franklin Community Bank in 2015 and have attempted as smooth a transition as possible. Their training is stellar and their upper level management operates with the utmost integrity and high standards.
Working with the members of a smaller tight knit community is the most enjoyable part of the job. Workdays as a Relationship Banker are long and require standing for long periods at a time.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Standing for long periods
A culture of cooperation and very family friendly
VP BankCard Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha neSeptember 3, 2016
American National Bank is a very family friendly organization. Everyone is very friends and good to work with. The company and ownership is very involved with community service and giving back to the communities we serve.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Too much turnover at the senior management levels
Dealing with the public and assisting customers was wonderful
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXMay 2, 2016
The bank was well run and efficient. Management and staff made the banking experience pleasant for the customers. Management was very helpful to staff and were always available to the customers. Positive and thorough customer service was top priority.
Loved my career in the banking industry.
Terrell Main - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Multiple locations for ANB-Multiple job titlesOctober 15, 2015
A typical day at work always involved providing quality customer service whether in the teller area or managerial position. Always trying to be of assistance to the customers and their banking needs. I cared for all co-workers and always had a good relationship with co-workers. Managed a banking center where we had many employees. Learning the employees and their particular ways and listening to their complaints and issues whether about a co-worker or a problem at home.
Pros
Listening to customers and trying to help understand their needs.
Cons
long hours-balancing home life and work
AmData Day Operator
Day Operator (AmData) (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 4, 2015
Lots of mainframe programs. Lots of check blocks to be balanced. Lots of stuff to print. Loved it. Didn't love the hours (6am - 2pm). Good coworkers.
Productive workplace with great employees
FINANCE INTERN (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 23, 2015
A typical day consist of working on a variety of tasks such as analyzing financials from tax returns, company prepared statements, and personal financial statements with credit analysts;
examining balance sheets and income statements to analyze customers’ financial position and risk; and learning about the appraisal process, cap rates, and real estate evaluations.

The hardest part of the job is trying to work with statements that are inconsistent.

The most enjoyable part of the job consist of working with others.