American National Family of Companies Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Horrible Management
Accountant (Former Employee) –  MissouriJuly 11, 2017
They are fortunate they were not sued when I left. Several laws were being violated in the workplace, which led to my exit. Management is a joke, apparently across the board, but definitely in accounting. They allow regular employees to act as managers when they don't have the title or capacity to even be a manager. Very high turnover!
Pros
Less than 40 hr week; the company did fun things for the employees
Cons
Management; poor training curriculum; no room to move up
Management does not listen to employees.
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXApril 18, 2017
This company is somehow how in the 80's. Exempt employees are treated like like non exempt employees with a sweatshop like mentality. Pay is below industry standard and turnover is high.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
Poor Benefits, Management.
Management is Horrible
Claims Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 31, 2017
If you're looking for a part time job to get you through college I would recommend ANPAC. Newly hired temporary workers make just as much as people who have worked there for years and are given more opportunities for advancement and more hours because they won't be able to ask for benefits. Management is a joke, turnover is atrocious and the amount of work you're asked to do, without incentives, is ridiculous. Great stepping stone job.
Pros
Coworkers were sweet
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits for part-time
Treats employees poorly
Printer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 9, 2017
I worked here in Springfield mo for 5 years they will not stand behind there employees poor management to many different managers no direction ...DON'T DO IT..
poor management / decent pay
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 29, 2016
ive worked in the professional work environment with a variety of companies across the US - lower and middle management here is far below average and the company as whole changes vision so rapidly there isnt time to allow the prior changes to take effect before switching vision to something new.

the pay is below average for the industry but probably above average for this region.

Most of the marketing staff I worked with seemed content; they really appeared to be the only ones. The consensus is claims staff is overworked and are generally planning an early exit. Support staff are mostly people passing through - either in college, or just out of college or "between jobs".

I havent seen this much turnover since working for a telemarketing company in college.

On the plus side the only support staff are required to work nights, weekends or holidays. The corporate office is always trying to boost morale with parties and giveaways, all their efforts hardly detract from the overall problem; Hours of work usually 8-4:30
Pros
paid Hiolidays - No nights or weekends - Good working hours
Cons
poor management - especially High turn over - underpaid for industry
Pay does not match job, advancement is a joke
Property Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 1, 2016
The pay does not match the level of the jobs in most cases. Many positions are very stressful and the compensation is not worth it. Also, management in claims is sub par and make it difficult to maneuver within company advancement.

The positive is that you do not have to worry about working holidays and the employees for the most part are great.
Unqualified managers, unorganized company and big double standards apply here
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Glenmont, NYMay 10, 2016
Management that has never done the job that they are managing,
favorites are able to get away with murder and shoddy work product
with no repercussions.
If a non-managerial employee is struggling, they are reprimanded or terminated, however, if a manager is struggling, they just reorganize the entire management structure and "find" a place for them in a different management role.
Pros
wellness center, many holiday celebrations etc
Cons
unorganized, special treatment of favorites, workload
Constantly changing unable to structure and organize - High turn over
Claim Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 11, 2016
I worked for ANPAC for 2 years in the Springfield Office - I was hired with 10 others in my position - 18 month later there were only 2 of us left.

The pay is decent for Springfield, but not for the industry, management cant structure quick enough to keep up with the changes the company is making, and the work load is unmanageable - even by insurance industry standards.

The company works to retain employees, lots of incentive programs - company activities, morale boosters, but even that cant help the hemorrhaging of staff.

The leadership nor the trainers have ever worked in the current operating system and have no clue how to do even the simplest of tasks, after weeks of training I was LITERALLY told by senior peers AND my direct supervisor that training was entirely irrelevant.

My peers were great - the consensus from everyone I worked with is they will change companies ASAP - of my 15 closest peers, I don't know of anyone who wasn't keeping an active resume.

something else unnerving is their willingness to terminate employees without notice or apparent cause. I know there's always 2 sides to every story, but when work load slows down and they get caught up (in the late winter and early fall) you can count on several terminations some were clearly not doing well, most appeared to be doing VERY well After speaking to all of them - they all had the same story about the firing process - called to HR unexpectedly at the beginning of the work day, and a manager met them there with their belongings thrown into a box - when asked why were told "wasn't meeting
  more... expectations" when asked for specifics - were told could elaborate - that's unnerving

I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone unless they are going into sales or marketing - stay away from ANYTHING to do with claims.
Pros
Decent pay for area; peers
Cons
Workload, poor mangement, poor structure, lack of organization, lack of training
Fantastic
Multiple Line General Agent (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHMarch 25, 2014
A company truly focused on the sales force. In addition they are bring many new tools to the field in the way of sales support and products.
Pros
You are in control of your future
Cons
For some - being in control of their future