American National Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Overall Good Learning Experience
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXAugust 18, 2017
A typical day with ANICO would include review Annuity Contracts for beneficiary information or contract discrepancies, created verification and rejections letters for policy change requests, and reviewing portfolios as a whole for each client.
Wrong management
Life/Accident/Health Resident Producer (Current Employee) –  Westland miAugust 18, 2017
District manager got promoted and office manager became district manager. District manager did not want to promote this man.
This person wanted to be treating like a king.. He lacked supervisory skills.
Pros
start off salary, ability to help others
Cons
pay, bad management
production and sales, and fun to work at this company
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Marshall, TXJuly 19, 2017
productive and need to make daily insurance sales. it's alot of driving from difference cities. Meet different walks of people in the insurance industry. The more in sales can win trips to different places
American National was a great place to work.
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXJuly 14, 2017
I enjoyed being a Marketing Assistant at American National. I was not only the Assistant to my boss, but nine other marketing sales reps out in the field. Each day was a challenge.
Fun, challenging, and rewarding. You are able to move up in the company as fast as you put the work in.
LICENSED INSURANCE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 12, 2017
If you are into sells then this is a great job with great benefits. The hours are pretty flexible as long as you are producing the numbers needed and meeting the goals each week.
Pros
Flexible hours, great work environment, nice bonuses
Cons
Fluctuating pay
Terrible Employer
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXJune 29, 2017
Treats all their employees like slaves. They do not care if you quit, because they know someone will take your job. They have constant turnover because of their pay structure and moral.
Pros
It's a paycheck
Cons
Everything else
A bit outdated
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  League City, TXMay 11, 2017
American National definitely has potential but they have been around for over 100 years and nothing seems to be getting any better. The upper management doesn't connect with lower management enough to know what is really going on. The employees mostly dislike the company but stay there for job security and convenience. There is a big time "good ole boy" network that promotes friends and relatives over hard workers without relations there. The benefits are very nice which almost make up for the generally low salaries. There is a unanimous feeling of "afraid of change" which results in very inefficient systems and poor customer service. Disorganized is the best way to describe everything.
Pros
Benefits are great, home office has a terrific lunch room
Cons
Culture is poisonous, disorganized leadership rewards micro management, also VERY high turnover
Extremely family-oriented group
Predictive modeler (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXApril 27, 2017
Wonderful work culture, almost monthly company lunches, easy access to upper management. Given the size of the company, things move slowly and cautiously, so patience is key.
Pros
Great managers, Excellent work culture
Cons
Not for impatient people
Good company
Agent/Producer (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVApril 20, 2017
Good company to work for. Work and personal life balances well. Team members are always helpful to new agents. I learned a lot from my MLGA. He was always there to help me when I needed it and when I had problems he always tried to help.
Too many employes
Sr. Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Galveston County, TXJanuary 23, 2017
American National is a very impersonal company. They treat their employees badly, and they pay very badly. Getting advancement is next to impossible. I would not recommend working for this company.
Pension/ Credit Insurance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXDecember 4, 2016
All calls came to me, ordered all office supplies, Mail deliverers,in and out, writing all pension plan CD for clients.
Great Company
Disbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXNovember 28, 2016
American National is a great company to work for. They were really good educating their employees. I gained an insurance designation and extensive knowledge of their annuity products.
Pros
good benefits
Too competitive
Supervisor and Senior Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXNovember 14, 2016
I absolutely loved the work that I did at American National Insurance Company. I learned a lot while working there and was able to use some of that knowledge at other jobs thereafter. The department I worked in was very competitive and production driven. The methods that were used to drive production were destructive to coworker harmony.
Pros
Great work
Cons
Stressful atmosphere
Good
Life Claims Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  League City, TXOctober 24, 2016
Pays Well. Good set schedule working normal business hours. Only real complaint is lack of support from management. Never were there to answer questions.
This place was like family
Health Insurance Underwriter I, II, III (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXAugust 23, 2016
Underwriting duties and customer service duties. Vacation time and benefits were good. The occasional manager would be disgruntled. Overall this was a great place to work, I was paid well, trained well, and the coworkers were like family.
This job show me how to be organized.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Wharton, TXAugust 3, 2016
Every Friday everyone would show up at the office and turn in their money and give their report on how much insurance they sold. Meeting will last most of the morning with management. Every Friday was payday. Monday thru Thursday we will all be out in the fields to sale insurance or to pickup customer insurance money. My biggest area to cover was Bay City, Texas. I had a spot in Bay City where I will set for a few hours before I start my day to sale insurance or to pickup money. I had made a lot of calls and a calendar was my friend. The hardest part of the job was to past the test needed to continue to sell insurance. It was a fun job and I love to met be around people. Management was a great support system. My manager would take time out to support me if I was struggling.
Pros
Traveling
Insurance Services
Home Office - Galveston Texas
Work Week - Monday thur Friday 8-5
An Interesting place to work...but
Lead System Programmer (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXOctober 27, 2015
It was a fun place to work, the people are great and work interesting but the management is terrible. Communication is non-existent. The work is very innovative and leading edge, the management is stuck in the 70's
Pros
Interesting, innovative work
Productive and fun
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Oxford, ALSeptember 10, 2015
Great money fun atmosphere was able to win great trips, supervisor
made fun enviroment. Company was bought out by a larger company
Pros
good money
Cons
tough maket
Great company to work for
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXAugust 20, 2015
Would complete leadsheets and tax returns depending on which department I was in.

I learned a lot on what it takes to achieve tasks with the help of other accountants.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American National Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval