American National Insurance Company Employee Reviews

This job show me how to be organized.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Wharton, TXAugust 3, 2016
Every Friday everyone would show up at the office and turn in their money and give their report on how much insurance they sold. Meeting will last most of the morning with management. Every Friday was payday. Monday thru Thursday we will all be out in the fields to sale insurance or to pickup customer insurance money. My biggest area to cover was Bay City, Texas. I had a spot in Bay City where I will set for a few hours before I start my day to sale insurance or to pickup money. I had made a lot of calls and a calendar was my friend. The hardest part of the job was to past the test needed to continue to sell insurance. It was a fun job and I love to met be around people. Management was a great support system. My manager would take time out to support me if I was struggling.
Pros
Traveling
Insurance Services
Home Office - Galveston Texas
Work Week - Monday thur Friday 8-5
An Interesting place to work...but
Lead System Programmer (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXOctober 27, 2015
It was a fun place to work, the people are great and work interesting but the management is terrible. Communication is non-existent. The work is very innovative and leading edge, the management is stuck in the 70's
Pros
Interesting, innovative work
Productive and fun
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Oxford, ALSeptember 10, 2015
Great money fun atmosphere was able to win great trips, supervisor
made fun enviroment. Company was bought out by a larger company
Pros
good money
Cons
tough maket
Great company to work for
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXAugust 20, 2015
Would complete leadsheets and tax returns depending on which department I was in.

I learned a lot on what it takes to achieve tasks with the help of other accountants.
Productive and great team environment
CDT in Corporate Technology Services (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 1, 2015
Exciting and productive place to work. Gives a great team oriented relationship among all members in the enterprise. I have learned a great deal of providing the highest level of customer service by maintaining service level agreements in an ITIL environment. Management provides me with the best on the job training I could ask for.

My team works together to help solve intermittent networking and physical PC problems, along with a series of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure applications. Time Management is the hardest part of my position, although I have learned how be a very efficient tech.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the end users to solve their problems in a timely manner. I also enjoy detecting and analyzing underlying problems of systems to help minimize future outages within the enterprise.
Self motivated Sales person will do well.
Professional Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJune 30, 2015
Manage accounts and customers. A lot of driving and long hours required. There are a lot of ups and downs. Seasons and holidays weigh heavily on your success. The pay is not consistent as it is based on several variables. Not a good source of income for the head of household. Perfect for a second income.
Pros
HEALTH CARE IS TOP NOTCH
Cons
No consistant work life balance
Decent
Sales Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 29, 2015
Out in the field daily. Good people in the office. Have to be patient and willing to work in the field to be a collector. Sales are not hard to find, but time in the field is heavy.
Fun environment to work. Great co-workers
Summer Tax Internship (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXMay 5, 2015
Learned how to create tax forms through SuperForms and learned how to ship checks. Co-workers are very friendly and motivate me to work harder. Hardest part of the job was to use many excel files to work on the Illinois tax return. Best part of the job is the atmosphere, which is crucial. It has helped me deal with pressure moments.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Long drive
Can be productive and fun
Life/Accident/Health Resident Producer (Current Employee) –  Westland, MiApril 14, 2015
Great job to have. Needs to be more of team environment. Management needs to not be high minded. Hardest part of job is to not do things that are not necessary.

Want to know more about American National Insurance Company?

Ask a question
Salary not competitive
Database Analyst (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXApril 13, 2015
37.5 hour weeks were nice, but IT was cut twice so I left before the third chop.
Micromanaged to the point of distraction, not a happy place to work.
It may have changed by now, but this was in 2005.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else
Fun agent retreats, good managers, solid company
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Fillmore, UtahMarch 31, 2015
A typical work day includes checking the computer to find out which information is missing and who I need to follow-up with. Contacting clients for forms or missing information. Contacting potential clients, prospecting and marketing. Meet at clients or prospects home in the evening to gather information or present insurance proposal. I learned a lot about finding clients problems or needs and figuring out a way to resolve problems or fill the need. I really enjoy working with the management, They are always so eager to help me and to do joint appointments. I hired several secretaries and enjoyed working with them. I also associate with a lot of good agents within the company on a regular basis. I have become acquainted with a lot of good agents who work for American National throughout the U.S. The hardest parts of the job are;maintaining all client information, keeping up on all property and casualty documentation etc., time management, and underwriters. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting with prospects and clients. I enjoy walking away from a home knowing that a client is satisfied with their home, auto, or life insurance policy. I find a lot of satisfaction knowing that a client has coverage or feels a sense of security in a life insurance policy. I really enjoy meeting new people, spending time with other agents, and helping clients.
Pros
agent retreats, attending national meetings in Galveston, TX
Cons
Hard to find time for family, strict underwriters, property and casualty accounts require a lot of supervision
Good place to get into the insurance field
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  league city, texasMarch 21, 2015
American National is a good company when it comes to getting the basic skills and knowledge of the insurance industry. Most days are spent at the computer. The downside is it's not easy to learn new skills unless you move to a different department.
American National
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 7, 2015
Management is disconnected from field sales associates
Exceptional flexibility and work/life balance
Reasonable compensation
No market presence in Knoxville
Pros
flexibility
Cons
market presence
Great company
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Galveston TxMarch 2, 2015
Great company, They will to send you through classes to learn what you need to have a productive work environment. Friendly staff working for them.
Company that weathers the economy well
Junior Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Great company to work for. Good business ethics and regular opportunities for advancement. Their HR department is excellent.
A productive and challenging work environment
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 20, 2015
The sales, service and collection process was a challenging set of diverse circumstances. Never dull or the same from day to day. The most challenging part of being in the insurance business is making quotas and collecting payments door to door. I learned to never take diversity as a defeat but rather a challenge. Diversity is a way of problem solving and making things better. Working independently allows for time management to be a way of life. I was fortunate in that I worked toward and won a trip to Hawaii which gave me much confidence in my work ethic and performance.
Pros
independence and personal scheduling were key.
Cons
dealing with many personalities on a day to day basis was challenging.
loved it
Sale Rep (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 28, 2014
great job. really flex. fun people
call customers make app. do collections
Cons
drive a lot
some good people to work with
Accounting Technician (Current Employee) –  League City, TXNovember 5, 2014
Employees need training on work ethic.
Have a good and understanding management team.
There is always something new to learn within the department
Pros
a lot of place to go to for lunch
Cons
healthcare cost goes up each year
Morale is low
Lead Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  League City, TXOctober 28, 2014
Employers treat employees poorly.

Employer worked with my school schedule and works with me when I need to switch around my schedule.

American National Insurance Company Reviews by Location