AMERICAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Experience: Priceless
Director of Health Science Education/ Faculty (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 6, 2017
Hardest part of job: Overseeing 5 programs without an assistant while teaching 4-13 classes a term. No compensation.

Faculty +++
Pay lowest in area
Pros
Faculty and students great
Cons
No compensation, no OT paid, benefits expensive, very low pay
Very fulfilling position
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYAugust 3, 2017
ANU, has been an educational and fulfilling experience to be able to teach and extend my knowledge of the field to those around me. ANU does not offer Vac. time or any kind of benefit for its Instructors which is the down fall of this universities employment.
Great opportunity to teach A and P
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 12, 2017
I have had a great experience teaching at ANU. It gives me a chance to make a difference in people's lives by teaching this fundamental class for all healthcare workers. I enjoy giving my lectures and sharing my knowledge with students, so that they may go on to have bright futures.
A Great place to Grow
Full-Time Professor (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 4, 2017
The company is experiencing great growth in the company that can be capitalized on to move up. It is an enjoyable working environment and allows you to relax to complete your tasks.
Faculty great
Campus Director (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 1, 2017
Loved seeing with the students growth and do thing they didn't think they could do. Great faculty that give their heart and soul into the students success.
Enjoy students and co-workers
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 2, 2017
The school is becoming too impersonal with online classes. I thought it better with personalized instruction. That said, I love teaching. I enjoy most of the students. I think the school is too concerned with retention and not concerned enough with teachers and education. I will say that the teachers have been some of the hardest working and selfless people I know.
Pros
Co-workers are great people
Cons
Becoming too impersonal
Stressful Place to Work
Financial Aid Planner (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 29, 2017
It is a stressful place to work as everything you do is monitored and they are quick to point out mistakes. You only get 30-minute lunches, more like 20 minutes, by the time you get your food and to a place to relax. They pay is not good, as I get paid $14/hr with a masters degree and over 10 years experience. Employees are just a number that can be replaced.
Great opportunities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYMay 15, 2017
Overall this is a wonderful educational institution. Employees, staff, and faculty have an in depth working knowledge of what is needed to begin a successful career.
Fun place to work
Fedreal Work Study (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 31, 2017
This was a good customer service experience. It felt good to help others with problems and i liked helping out the staff. It was sad that some of the campuses were shut down and student were forced to take their classes online. Most of the students were there because the classes were small and they were offered day an night classes.
Part-time position teaching biology and microbiology
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 28, 2017
Only hired to teach a few courses, no office offered, no benefits. I am searching for permanent employment. Not comfortable working there and I rarely saw anyone from the company.
Growing institution
Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 19, 2017
A good place to work where everyone knows your name. Somewhat relaxed and informal culture. Some employees have been with the organization for over twenty years.
Pros
Usually relaxed and stree free.
Cons
Compensation average
Good Working Experience
Adjunct Instructor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 3, 2017
I am working on my MS so that I can teach at more reputable colleges/universaries. So, working at ANU was good in the sense that it afforded me the opportunity to start experiencing what it is like and what it takes to be an adjunct. Unfortunately, at ANU, South Bend, IN, they lacked training to help new instructors get up and running. We, basically, had to rely on other instructors to "teach" us all the tasks needed to be done on the computer and how to maneuver around. That was frustrating. But, I still am appreciative of the opportunity to get my feet wet in the field of teaching.
Pros
The other instructors were nice and helpful
Cons
Lack of directives, training and other things a new instructor needs to know when first starting out
I would not recommend ANU to anyone.
Student Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville VAJanuary 31, 2017
ANU used to be an ok place to work. Unfortunately upper management has absolutely no appreciation for those of us who do the actual work.
Pros
Have some good coworkers at the same level
Cons
Everything else! No raise in 6 years, rude upper management, policy changes constantly with no notice...
I do not have anything to say.
Student Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJanuary 16, 2017
I really do not have a lot to say about this company. I am thankful for the opportunity, as well as the experience I gained from working at ANU. I met a lot of great people while I worked there.
Up and Coming
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 22, 2016
This organization has recently gone through some management changes. Although the transition has been difficult at times everyone has stuck together, dug in and things are all the better for it!
Pros
Better Instructor Support/Feels great to help a student succeed.
Cons
Compensation
No Job Security
Campus Director (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 16, 2016
No opportunity for advancement. No professional development opportuniies. No work performance evaluation. The job changes constantly.

Title is Campus Director but the job is nothing more than Director of Admissions with more responsibilities.
Pros
Cons
No job security
receptionist/ library assistant
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Danville, VANovember 3, 2016
good place the director was very helpful this experience made me getting a degree and working very easy and enjoyable i would recommend work study their for anyone
unorganized
GED Proctoring Manager & Part-Time Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Canton, OH 44718October 31, 2016
Things changed everyday, people came and left very unorganized.
I liked meeting the people I got to meet and the hours worked for my schedule .
Campus was great place to work, like family. Not many resources given to make campus work. They new the changes were coming just did not let all know.
Assistant Director/Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 27, 2016
College is going thru change with the government not recognizing the accrediting body. They are looking for a new accrediting body so many changes are are taking place including letting many employees go.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Having to make changes with the new education changes.
Job
State Aid Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 5, 2016
It is a flexible place to work. The benefits are in need of an upgrade due to the fact that they are getting taken away. The most enjoyable part of the day is when Friday rolls around and it's time for the weekend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMERICAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5