American National Employee Reviews

Productive, fun, flexible
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, unlimited pay, great co-workers
Cons: Going by the clients houses and they aren't home
The schedule was very flexible. As long as I worked at least 8 hours a day. I would go to our clients houses to collect payments, upgrade products and/or sell products to new clients. I've learned how to manage my time and to call my customers to let them know if I was going to be late/early. The managers were very open to helping me when I needed it most. They had an open door policy and could talk to them about any questions or concerns that I had. My co-workers were awesome! We were always there to help each other. The hardest part of the job was trying to make sure the difficult clients stayed true to their word. Some would say that they would have the money on a certain day, and when I would call them, or go by their house, they gave an excuse as to why they don't have it. The clients and their families are also the reason as to why I loved the job. I love meeting new people and building an awesome rapport with them.
Great company to work for,just looking to relocate
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: setting own schedule
Cons: trying to fins and write new business
I enjoyed the freedom to create my own work schedule and work at my own pace.Learned alot about the insurance business.Management and co workers were great. The hardest part of the job was writing new business in a area where the people are on a fixed or low income.
This job is amazing
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee), St PetersburgJuly 31, 2014
If you have a car this is a job that is great. they are friendly, great pay
Door to door salesman.
Front End Account Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2014
Every morning I would enter the office and plan out my day. My day involved going to my clients houses and apartments and selling them more insurance or new insurance policies. My coworkers were very helpful in assisting me with any resources I would ask for. The management on the other hand was the opposite. I did however enjoy meeting new people everyday, that was pretty fulfilling.
real state company focusing in loan modification at that time, but salary was only commisions, not stable for me.
Loan Modification Advisor (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 3, 2014
A typical day of work at ANG was to come to the office, and check first if you had any appointments set. Then, we will contact clients to obtain documents, to inform case status, collect payment, etc. During the day you will also conduct cold calls, trying to make potential clients come to the office. The work environment was great as co-workers were great people to work with, and management was doing a great job most of the times. I have learned so much from this job, I have learned to sell and negotiate with clients, build strong professional relationships, learned about loan modifications and foreclosures. No doubt this was a great job because of the potential sales, but it was not for me as I needed something more stable.
Productive workplace and learning environment
Financial Services Intern (Former Employee), Macon, GAMay 19, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed working with American National. It was a great learning experience and allowed me to quickly broaden my knowledge of the insurance industry. A typical day included basic office duties such as composing company invoices, scheduling various appointments, putting together quotes for customers, meeting with clients, sending e-mails regularly, and also maintaining a library of marketing and networking materials. The management guidance that I received was direct and allowed me to work independently on my own schedule, which is my preference. My co-workers were helpful and professional. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the plethora of networking opportunities and event planning avenues that I was able to explore through coordinating car shows and various other promotional events. The most difficult yet also most rewarding component of the job was overcoming objectives and turning them into positive reactions.
not a good expierence
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Peters, FLSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: helping people finding a solution to insurance needs.
Cons: management
not a good expierence.Did not get support from upper management.
nice people
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 17, 2013
Pros: meeting lots of people
Cons: long long hours
I would go to people house and collect monthly premiums and try to referrals to sell more.
Excellent Company
Agent/ Financial Field Specialist (Current Employee), Wheeling, WVFebruary 5, 2013
Agent daily activities, tranining new agents, building relationships and deepening accounts
Great Work/Life Balance for Corporate Employees
Business Analyst (Current Employee), League City, TXOctober 22, 2012
Pros: 37.5 hour work week
Cons: not all areas get to work the "flex" schedule.
ANICO offers a standard 37.5 hour work week and salaries its employees to work 40+. I'm not sure I can ever transition back to a standard 40 hours after enjoying the perks of working for ANICO. With holidays + vac + flex time + an overly generous sick time policy... I can see why so many people work here for life!
Great Benefits but no life balance
Insurance Representative (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 16, 2012
You worked long hours and you are your own boss. No health insurance so you have to make sure to make enough money to cover your health cost.
Great Benefits but no life balance
Insurance Representative (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 16, 2012
Insurance Agent
Licensed Life and Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Texas City, TXJuly 12, 2012
Pros: incentive programs
Cons: working out of vechicle
Good work environment
Friendly co-workers and management very knowledgeable and helpful
Meet new people
Good training
Continuous training
Good company
Teller (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IAMarch 27, 2012
Pros: short commute
Did same basice duties as previous postion. Started out as a teller just basicly helping customer with there account and answering any questions they had.