American National Employee Reviews in United States

Stay very busy
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXMarch 29, 2016
I entered data for payment. I learned medical terminology. This was a great place to work. I had knee surgery and had to be out for quite some time. I liked that they held classes onsite if I chose to attend. The more you are willing to learn the better off you are.
Pros
Classes onsite, insurance
Cons
Parking was very far
Program has a lot of issues to work out
Independent Agent (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 15, 2015
The internship was a waste of time. The compensation was good. But the management was new and didn't have a lot of answers or guidelines for us in starting our agencies.
Pros
Compensation during internship
Cons
Lots of managers that don't have any answers
Unprofessional atmosphere
Appointment Setter/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 2, 2015
I was not pleased with the environment surrounding the call center. While making calls you would have to contend with outbursts of cheers & applause, which you would have to explain to potential customers. Leaving the customers wondering what was going on & if the call was legitimate. It was designed to motivate younger call reps, but I felt it was distracting & unnecessary.
Pros
good incentives & bonuses
Cons
position for youthful callers that need motivating
Productive, fun, flexible
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 15, 2015
The schedule was very flexible. As long as I worked at least 8 hours a day. I would go to our clients houses to collect payments, upgrade products and/or sell products to new clients. I've learned how to manage my time and to call my customers to let them know if I was going to be late/early. The managers were very open to helping me when I needed it most. They had an open door policy and could talk to them about any questions or concerns that I had. My co-workers were awesome! We were always there to help each other. The hardest part of the job was trying to make sure the difficult clients stayed true to their word. Some would say that they would have the money on a certain day, and when I would call them, or go by their house, they gave an excuse as to why they don't have it. The clients and their families are also the reason as to why I loved the job. I love meeting new people and building an awesome rapport with them.
Pros
Free lunch, unlimited pay, great co-workers
Cons
Going by the clients houses and they aren't home
Great company to work for,just looking to relocate
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 22, 2014
I enjoyed the freedom to create my own work schedule and work at my own pace.Learned alot about the insurance business.Management and co workers were great. The hardest part of the job was writing new business in a area where the people are on a fixed or low income.
Pros
setting own schedule
Cons
trying to fins and write new business
This job is amazing
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  St PetersburgJuly 31, 2014
If you have a car this is a job that is great. they are friendly, great pay
Door to door salesman.
Front End Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2014
Every morning I would enter the office and plan out my day. My day involved going to my clients houses and apartments and selling them more insurance or new insurance policies. My coworkers were very helpful in assisting me with any resources I would ask for. The management on the other hand was the opposite. I did however enjoy meeting new people everyday, that was pretty fulfilling.
Productive workplace and learning environment
Financial Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 19, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed working with American National. It was a great learning experience and allowed me to quickly broaden my knowledge of the insurance industry. A typical day included basic office duties such as composing company invoices, scheduling various appointments, putting together quotes for customers, meeting with clients, sending e-mails regularly, and also maintaining a library of marketing and networking materials. The management guidance that I received was direct and allowed me to work independently on my own schedule, which is my preference. My co-workers were helpful and professional. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the plethora of networking opportunities and event planning avenues that I was able to explore through coordinating car shows and various other promotional events. The most difficult yet also most rewarding component of the job was overcoming objectives and turning them into positive reactions.
not a good expierence
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Peters, FLSeptember 11, 2013
not a good expierence.Did not get support from upper management.
Pros
helping people finding a solution to insurance needs.
Cons
management
nice people
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 17, 2013
I would go to people house and collect monthly premiums and try to referrals to sell more.
Pros
meeting lots of people
Cons
long long hours
Excellent Company
Agent/ Financial Field Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVFebruary 5, 2013
Agent daily activities, tranining new agents, building relationships and deepening accounts
Great Work/Life Balance for Corporate Employees
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  League City, TXOctober 22, 2012
ANICO offers a standard 37.5 hour work week and salaries its employees to work 40+. I'm not sure I can ever transition back to a standard 40 hours after enjoying the perks of working for ANICO. With holidays + vac + flex time + an overly generous sick time policy... I can see why so many people work here for life!
Pros
37.5 hour work week
Cons
not all areas get to work the "flex" schedule.
Great Benefits but no life balance
Insurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 16, 2012
You worked long hours and you are your own boss. No health insurance so you have to make sure to make enough money to cover your health cost.
Insurance Agent
Licensed Life and Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXJuly 12, 2012
Good work environment
Friendly co-workers and management very knowledgeable and helpful
Meet new people
Good training
Continuous training
Pros
incentive programs
Cons
working out of vechicle
Good company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAMarch 27, 2012
Did same basice duties as previous postion. Started out as a teller just basicly helping customer with there account and answering any questions they had.
Pros
short commute