American Nurses Association, Inc

American Nurses Association, Inc Employee Reviews

Poor Management in the Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MarylandOctober 6, 2015
I recently accepted a job in the Call Center after having more than 15 years of Call Center experience. I was trained by people who had never trained anyone before. The Call Center consists of 5 people who have been working together for 5 or more years and it's all female and very clickish. The manager of the Call Center is very ghetto and has not tact or manners. She's a Micro-Manager who stands over your shoulders while you are being trained or are working. If you are looking for a place to work long term pleased don't apply for the Call Center job in Silver Spring because it's poorly managed and you won't get trained properly. I lasted there all of 2 weeks after turning down higher paying jobs to take this job. I promise you if you take this job you will regret it.
Pros
Benefits & pay
Cons
Total ghetto atmosphere in the ANCC Call Center starting with the manager.
Fabulous colleagues, ghastly management
Senior Editor, Measurement Services (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 3, 2015
This organization is in serious need of top-down overhaul. A quick check of employee reviews on GlassDoor or Indeed would have kept me from a great deal of unnecessary anguish.
Pros
opportunity to work with and among nurses
Cons
Top management that Talks the Talk without Walking the Walk
Great Place to Work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 15, 2015
ANA is a very great place to work. The HR team is great. Supporting the company was very fulfilling to me because I agreed with their values and the company's belief system.
Easy going atmosphere.
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 4, 2015
Easy going atmosphere. Good work-life balance. Lots of restructuring going on, evident within a few days of being a staff member.
Great workplace to grow
Marketing Communications Consultant (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 23, 2014
Each day was different and exciting. I learned a lot from the Assistant Director of Marketing. She was not a micro manager and allowed me to take on major marketing campaigns and try new things.

My co-workers were fun and I learned a lot from them. The hardest part of the job was leaving when my consulting contract was up. The most enjoyable part of the job was creating new and innovative promotional campaigns.
Pros
location
Fast paced work environment
Sr. Certification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 4, 2013
Working for a company for 7 years with many changes. I have seen a new system be developed and was a super user to test out the new system before it was released. I have helped train countless temporary employees and co-workers on different technical issues with the system and everyday work flow. The job is 100% customer service.We have a lot of high peak times when the workflow is constant.
Pros
week off paid in december, work schedule
Cons
no growth potential, salary
Poor culture/values
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver SpringMarch 11, 2013
This organization has a poor work culture. The employees are unhappy and ANA has a high turnover rate. Management does not know how to manage, therefore, making it very hard for the employees to perform their duties effectively. The compensation is poor. The week off at Christmas is a plus. The members call in with questions and concerns and they are ignored. There is no training for new employees and there are no processes or procedures in place.
Pros
great location in silver spring
Cons
high turnover
Prepare to work w/ little nursing support
MANAGER OF CERTIFICATION SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 15, 2012
challenging place to work. processes could flow smoother with staff support and proper resources. limited growth opportunity for management. Slightly below average compensation but great health benefits. Suprisingly few nurses work in this dept
Pros
health benefits
Cons
traffic to downtown silver spring location, cost of daily garage parking
Largest Nursing Credentialing Organization.
Sr. Lead Senior Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 2, 2015
Representing over 3.1 million nurses the American Nurses Association (ANA) is the largest nursing membership and credentialing organization in world.
Pros
37.5 hour work week.
Cons
union.
The American Nurses Association (ANA) represents America's registered nurses (RNs). ... Practice / Professional Standards; Nursing Quality; Ethics
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 29, 2014
Working with this association as an Executive Assistant provided numerous opportunities to support the executive leadership as standards, guidelines and principles were proposed and initiated for RNs within the medical field. Each day, Monday through Friday, provided an opportunity to learn in detail the medical practices/procedures needed to support nursing excellence for the public.

The profession often demanded overtime when preparing documentation, travel and meeting materials for the yearly meeting known as the House of Delegates. Long days and work demands were always offset between co-workers and leadership with support, patience and moments for laughter.
Pros
travel opportunities, on-hand medical staff for personal questions, medical field knowledge
Cons
family health circumstances dictated my departure
I am proud to be a member of the ANA!
Member (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2015
The American Nursing Association is not just a club it is a culture of nursing students/nurse that have been where you've gone & are about to go. Great for networking!
Most enjoyable part of work
Assistant Certification Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 21, 2015
Opportunities for autonomy at work.
Encourage innovation
Pros
flexible schedule
Poor work culture
Admin. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver SpringApril 25, 2013
This association has high turnover due to poor management and poor employee/management relations.
Pros
week off for christmas
Cons
poor employee/management relations
Productive, knowledgeable
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sliver Spring MDJune 25, 2014
A typical day would be involved in front line customer service, learned many new things and was quite an healthy experience
Providing excellent care
southeastern health (Current Employee) –  lumbertonApril 4, 2014
I work in both primary and urgent care setting providing care to people of all ages, genders, race and ethnicity.
N/a
Student Member (Former Employee) –  USAOctober 25, 2012
I was asked to review the American Nurses Association, This is a membership, not an employer so I will write about a position I held at a senior living facility.
At Benchmark Senior Living, I learned that I want to work with the geriatric population. I was not yet in school for nursing when I had this job, but my memory of this community inspired me through the rigorous accelerated BSN program that I completed.
The company was managed very well, with open communication about any positive and negative issues that needed to be tended to within the community and the employees. My co-workers were very team oriented with the focus on maintaining a peaceful and stimulating environment for the residents.
The hardest part of my job was handling maintenance concerns with the family members, because I acted as a messenger, which was difficult at times when the Maintenance team was unavailable. I learned to remain calm when a family member was upset, and to listen to them and let them know that their request will be taken care of as soon as possible.
Pros
open communication, positive feedback, inexpensive meal options
Cons
low staff of maintenance and kitchen
challenging
Senior Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 5, 2012
typical workday is inclusive of managing several projects simultaneouly.
Pros
assisting nurses
Cons
focus
Excellent place to work
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 20, 2014
The people are great to work with, management treats everyone equally
Bad Culture, Terrible Leadership
Prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MarylandMarch 11, 2015
Aside from the work they do, under the current leadership there is very low employee morale, high turnover, no work-life balance and lack of respect. The majority of the leadership team are rude, bullies, belittling and will block your ability to grow based on personal feelings and out of spite. This is in direct reflection of the CEO, who also is known for being very unkind, very catty, tends to speak about people behind their back in a manner that resembles purposeful sabotage. They rule by intimidation and belittling. She has been know to throw things at people, yell at them in public settings and has no respect for their personal time or families. It is a very difficult environment to work in for most employees. If you are sick, it is not respected, if you have family issues, it is not respected, your weekends and evenings are not respected. They purposely seek out ways to insult employees and make you feel as if nothing you do is good enough no matter how hard you work. What I envisioned as a great opportunity has turned into a daily nightmare. When employees voice their concerns, it's discussed ONLY to satisfy their leadership goals, but it is not acted upon and nothing ever changes. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
great pay, good benefits, location.
Cons
everything else.
SENIOR RECRUITER CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 29, 2014
A place that promotes a health/work life balance. Has good health benefits.

2.8