AMERICAN NURSING SERVICES

AMERICAN NURSING SERVICES Employee Reviews

Company filed bankruptcy and left the area with no notice
RN (Former Employee), Central KYDecember 10, 2014
Company filed bankruptcy and left the area with no notice. Unable to receive pay for shifts worked.
EXCELLENT COMPANY TO WORK FOR
Per Diem/Contract/Private Duty Nurse (Former Employee), New Orleans, LANovember 17, 2014
I really enjoyed working for American. The management and office staff were awesome. They kept me busy and always working
Hard work was rewarded by allowing me to open a branch in the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: learned valuable marketing and communication skills.
Cons: none - i was very satisfied for my first job out of college.
American Nursing was my first job out of college. I worked the evening shift as a staffing coordinator. I was able to establish firm relationships with hospital nursing supervisors in charge of staffing. During my shift, I became the go to person for getting a nurse placed in a responsive manner. My efforts were recognized and I was asked to open an office in the Dallas / Fort Worth area to service that specific area, instead of being routed through New Orleans. I enjoyed my time at American Nursing and learned quickly how to handle cold calling marketing for needs, and dealing with the various personalities over the phone in that scenerio. Being on the phone allowed me to develop a strategy for dealing with hard to with callers, and how to keep the clients satisfied. My time at American although was brief, allowed me to hone my telephone skills which I was able to utilize when I went to my next job at Fidelity Investments, and all the jobs henceforth.
a verygood company to work for, nice team work.
Instrument Technician (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: food allowance
Cons: short contract
you get your assignment, inspect and set up your work area. Check the board in O R to se what case load looks like for the day. Start assembling instruments after they are used in surgery. This goes on until you leave at the end of the day. The team work is great but it's hard when you don't have enough instruments to cover all the cases. Thats when team work between management and workers come into play.
Great people to work with and for.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSSeptember 6, 2013
Enjoyed working for this company. Employees were great. Very informative and helpful. Sadly,this company is no longer open.
Learned a Lot
HR Operations Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 6, 2013
After losing a recruiter and the operations manager, I was the only one in the office and learned a lot. However, there was very little support from our corporate office. I found another position, and they offered to bump up my salary. They then went bankrupt a few months later nationwide.
Fun Working Environment - Sorry they relocated to Jackson, MS.
Lead Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee), Metairie, LAMarch 6, 2013
Laid back working environment to help keep stress levels down. High - Energy and Fast paced. I learned a lot customer service skills, multi - taking and staffing schedules while working at American Nursing. The best part of the day was making sure all of the shifts where filled or having a on-call list so the night crew would not have to worry about waking up employees in the middle of the night to fill shifts.
Agency, travel nursing
Per Diem Nurse (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: hours could be minimal at times.
Awesome experience. Gained experience in a variety of areas in nursing.
GREAT ACUTE CARE EXPERINCE SETTING.
LVN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: great company to work for.
Cons: company went out of business.
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR, DAILY PAY. DIFFERENT ASSINGMENTS THROUGH OUT THE METROPLEX. FLEXIBLE SCHEDULING, TOO BAD COMPANY WENT BANKRUPT.
good company
RN (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMay 13, 2012
I loved working for this company. The staffers always had shifts for me to work.