American Optical Services owns and operates ophthalmology and optometry practices nationwide. We are a fast growing company that is seeking a Front Desk Coordinator in our Houston, TX medical office. This position is responsible for performing a variety of duties related to the authorization and recertification of insurance for the patients of the practice and their physicians. This position is also responsible for performing a variety of general office duties to assist the medical staff. This position will use fax, internet, email, written logs, computer and patient charts, answer telephones, route calls, schedule patient appointments, greet patients and visitors, collect data essential to the practice registration and billing process, enter patient charges, schedule ancillary testing, assemble patient charts, and file patient charts. This position may be responsible for entering data into a database. This position is part time.
1. Receives referrals on new patients, verifies patient coverage, and communicates with primary care physician and/or insurance company as need to obtain authorization for initial visit.
2. Answers phones throughout day, taking messages and assisting callers when appropriate. Pulls messages from service and logs date and time.
3. Obtains insurance information from patient, obtaining verification for services. Billing entry completed same day as service. Enters patient charges and verifies charges, reconciling charges as directed.
4. Prepares location for clinic days. Prints schedules and pulls charts. Print encounter forms; pull charts per the physician’s preference. Pulls referrals. Calls patients to confirm appointments. Reschedule patients due to schedule changes by the physician. Reschedules no show patients and logs contact date and time for all rescheduled patients.
5. Reviews patient charts. Place patients not seen on recall list. Contact patients with no contact in past six months. Document returned calls from postcards.
6. Assembling new patient charts, maintains and files existing patient charts, spot checks charts for data completeness and signatures. Keeps the EMR up to date. Scanning and filing to be completed after close of clinic.
7. Data entry as needed for patient registrations.
8. Forwards requests physician requests for prior authorizations for pharmaceuticals or surgeries to Practice Manager.
9. Assists with marketing projects, continuing education lectures and patient education.
- High School Diploma and 1-3 years of front desk experience
- Proficient in MS Office
- Prior medical office experience, including coding is preferred.
- Customer service experience
- Part time position, flexible with hours
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment that is fast paced, fun, and challenging, then we look forward to meeting you!
Please visit our website for more information regarding AOS: www.americanopticalservices.com
We are committed to your Vision for Life!
AOS is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.