American Optical Services owns and operates retail eyewear stores, ophthalmology and optometry practices nationwide. We are a fast growing company that is seeking a Front Desk Receptionist for our Aspen office. This position is responsible for performing a variety of duties related to the authorization and recertification of insurance for the patients of the practice and their physicians. This position is also responsible for performing a variety of general office duties to assisting the medical staff. We are looking for a friendly, energetic, outgoing person that loves working with patients.
- Manage patient charts and front desk filing system. Sort and deliver mail. Update list of contact numbers used by the office. Type letters for doctor. Prepare mailing of A/R. Take C/L orders, enter into computer, post and collect payments.
- Prepare daily schedule. Complete insurance (VSP/EyeMed/Superior) including prior authorization. Inventory and maintain front office supplies, forms, business cards and handouts. Clean front desk areas and bathroom.
- Open and close office. Answer phones, handle front desk calls and redirect others, troubleshooting when needed. Schedule appointments/fill openings/maintain cancellation list. Greet patients and customers.
- Process patient paperwork, new and existing patients. Collect patient demographics. Confirm appointments and prepare files for following day. Enter all patient charges accurately. Deposit and post insurance payments. Collect all fees at check-out, including optical charges. Cash-out and balance at the end of day. Take deposits to bank, keep deposit record book and receipts in the drawer for accounting. Run Compulink reports as requested
- High School Diploma and 1-3 years of front desk experience
- Prior experience in Optical is preferred!
- Proficient in MS Office
- Prior medical office experience, including coding is preferred.
- Customer service experience
Must be able to commute between Aspen and Carbondale offices as needed.
We offer an extensive benefit package which includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision and 401k
- Paid Vacation and Sick time
- And many more!
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment that is fast paced, fun, and challenging, then we look forward to meeting you!
Please visit our website for more information regarding AOS: www.americanopticalservices.com
We are committed to your Vision for Life!
AOS is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
American Optical Services owns and operates retail eyewear stores, ophthalmology and optometry practices nationwide. We are a fast growing...