AMERICAN ORTHODONTICS Employee Reviews

Highly Professional Company to work for.
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMarch 13, 2017
Starting from day one working with American Orthodontics I was always impressed by the way they took care of there employees. From the training they offered not only at the beginning of my career but throughout my entire tender with them. This company was deeply committed in developing and developing there employees so they knew thoroughly there products as well as competitors products and education was a driving force in there success.
Pros
Always educating there employees
Cons
Manufactured and Distrubed braces for local and global orthodontists
Self-Ligation (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMay 22, 2016
Assembled, laser, and laser cutting parts on third shift
Learned the production process of how braces were made
My co-workers were a joy to work with, made the work day pleasant
They held monthly town hall meetings to inform employees what the sales are
Honestly the only hard part of the job was being on third shift
Great place to work at. I just couldn't work 50+ hours a week.
tacker (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMarch 9, 2016
It was fun. Amazing people I worked with. I learned that helping make braces wasn't all that simple and easy. There are so many different kind. You have to look at the shapes and sizes. Paste it right and add ball hooks. Measure when applying the ball hook. The hardest part of the job was that the parts were so small, which caused my eyes to be dry and hurt. Plus working 10 hours M-F then sometimes 4-8 hours on Saturdays were just a little too much. Also, adding school to that was hard.
Great benefits
Elastics (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIFebruary 12, 2016
Great Benefits when I was there, family orientated and very clean work environment. Large new building and facilities.
Pros
Nice, New building
Cons
Long walk to break areas
Everything Wrong
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  American OrthodonticsDecember 4, 2016
The company is trying to save on cost and taxes by staying under certian tax bracket, which means limited number of employees. They shut down 3rd shift, layed off a lot of people, and went into mandatory overtime for over 6 years. 60-70% of original work force has quit. Majority of team mates are Temporary or Newly Hired.

On a Marketing aspect they see growth, but on a production level the cogs are running backwards. Problems start with Management. Massive favortisim between certian employees and supervisors. Production managers cant handle issues and conflicts. If you bring them a legitimate situation, they'll be mad with YOU. They dont want to deal with anything. Bad communication, no sense of responsibities, everyone for themselves.

Example1: A work order is behind and nearly overdue. 1st Shift Supervisor approches you and informs you. Then says, Its now 2nd shift's problem. That YOU must inform your team. IF it dosn't get done on time, then, it's personally YOUR fault.

1) Teamwork? Supervisor knew, why didnt 1st shift get a start.
2) Why does team member have to inform everyone. Supervisor, It's YOUR job.
3) Work order looks like it's not going to get done, Supervisor is looking for someone to take the fall.

Example2: Supervisor says that you have bad communication for not letting the team know you werent working in the department that week. There was mass confusion on who's covering the position. The fallowing week another team member goes absent. The team comes to you for answers.

1) Yes. I suppose you could help by letting the team know of your absence,
  more... BUT, Supervisior knew you were leaving that week.
2) Not team member's job to coordinate who going to cover position
3) Not team member's job to let everyone know if others are sick
4) The Supervisor should be the first to know if people are absent.
Pros
Simple work, good benifits
Cons
Bad Management, Bad Communication, Uncoordinated
A very organized company. Very specific verifications and importance.
Bonder (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJanuary 31, 2017
A typical day at work consists of completing an average of 5-8 work orders, depending on if the work order number calls for the full 1,000 parts or not, or if the traveler for the order you grab is an incomplete order so your only required to fill the 126, or the 504 parts required to complete the order. By filling, I mean shaking these brackets onto carbon plates to prepare for the orientation of these brackets to turn and face the dimple, or the I.D line on one of four thai wings defining the bevel to orient to the opposite of the gingival side of the plate. There are 126 parts per plate. Each plate requires a second plate of pads to bond with the brackets with the vacuum seal and brazing furnace after the work order for that specific cell is tacked with a ball hook and then pasted together by ball hook and bracket. I got to learn the importance of braces, and how the torque of the base defines the movement of a specific tooth to turn mesial or distal, or move facial or lingual depending on the needs of that patient. I learned to appreciate proper inspections of every lot number of parts for various differences in work orders given from the patients doctor. A conformed work place with some conversation, but proper communication is required within the process of the work order for precise reaching of the work order needs. A fairly busy management. The hardest part of the job was keeping track and records of all the parts you use and making sure material is issued and returned properly by what the traveler requires for that DB bracket and DB pad and reporting scrap due to possible  more... mixed parts or dropped parts, and deformed parts due to a pink slip to that lot number. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able work independently while working efficiently with problem solving capabilities and confidence in proper completion of work orders for filling the travelers for your assigned cell.  less
Pros
Sit down work day. Proper training for terminology of the mouth and teeth, and the variations of brackets and pads containing a difference in slot change and torque.
Cons
Mandatory 55 hours a week, piece rate per hour was out of range for a speedy reacing of the rate, hired on employees make 14 an hour
Successful
Associate (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WISeptember 19, 2015
Very fast paste, great management. Team work 100%.
Professional service shipping world wide on a daily routine. I'm happy to be an employee at AO.
Clean environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJanuary 8, 2014
Always make rate everyday. Great workers and trainers. The hardest part of the job was to learn each different setup of different products.
Pros
Get our own table with machine/flexable
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and family-oriented work place
Final Printer (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIOctober 23, 2013
Great health benefits and retirement plan (401k) Friendly family-oriented work environment, job security, continues to grow even when we had economic downturn
Growing company
Printer (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WINovember 30, 2012
Moving to a new larger building.
The company is also very active overseas.
Pros
end of the year bouns
Cons
n/a
great place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIFebruary 5, 2014
I worked really fast on the department from one machine to the other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMERICAN ORTHODONTICS. Our community is ready to answer.

AMERICAN ORTHODONTICS Reviews by Location