The American Physician Institute for Advanced Professional Studies seeks an experienced Managing Editor Project Manager to manage a growing professional team. Managing and performing the following tasks: Manage Internal Editors, Formatting Team and CME To Go. The Managing Editor position functions as a traffic manager for all editorial content and directs all projects, schedules, budget and resources.
o Maintaining ultimate responsibility for resource team efficiency and effectiveness
o Supervising Resource Team staff
o Holding regular departmental team meetings and other control processes
o Tracking staff progress on appropriate spreadsheets
o Participating in staff review process
o Maintaining role as primary troubleshooter
o Acting as the Resource Team inter-departmental liaison
Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) database editing
o Review of existing questions for grammar and style
o Culling of poor questions for re-write
o Collaboration with medical writers to create new/additional questions.
o Collaboration with medical editors to proof question content and medical terminology
Sourcing: contacting potential medical writers/editors through a variety of means
- Bachelor’s Degree, English or Journalism, Master’s degree preferred
- Ability to manage editorial team, providing resources necessary to deliver high quality editorial products on schedule.
- Excellent command of English grammar and usage. Thorough knowledge of proofreading and familiarity with current edition of Chicago Manual of Style.
- Ability to quickly and independently problem solve
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Office software
- Ability to perform self-directed research and tasks
- Ability to manage multiple timelines/deadlines
Bachelor’s Degree, English or Journalism, Master’s degree preferred
3-5 years managing an editorial (or related) team
- 6 years’ experience in editing, publishing, journalism, or related field
- Medical writing/editing experience required
- Online editing skills and knowledge of digital workflow
Indeed - 18 months ago
American Physician Institute provides board preparation and continuing medical education courses - each one backed with a serious guarantee!...