American Psychological Association

American Psychological Association Employer Reviews

Psychology at it's best.
Mail Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 9, 2014
Pros: variety of cultural exposure.
Cons: limited growth without documented certification.
Overall I admire the diversity and freedom that it lends on an ethical level.
Great place to grow
Membership Development (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: very diverse
Cons: hard commute
This was a fun organization to work for. A typical day consisted of daily meetings, preparing marketing pieces for the annual convention, and working with managers and internal stakeholders directly from across the organization. I really enjoyed our group outings and the chance to be a part of a team, not just a job.
Employees Valued
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2013
APA is a great place to work. They have a great work culture and truely value their employees. They continuously try to enhance the work place environment and benefits. APA also has a great appreciation for diversity.
Nice workplace with good work life balance
Applications Architect (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 21, 2013
Pros: emphasis on health and work life balance
APA is a decent workplace with a lot of emphasis on work life balance. The organization is quite mature with well established policies and procedures. IT is a modest size division lead by a very smart CIO. The organization is embarking on some interesting initiatives to strengthen APA's relavance to the community.
Excellent place to work where employees are treated well
Intern in the Office of Continuing Education (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: caring employees, great company
Cons: not an opportunity for advancement after internship was over
I moved to Washington D.C. in August of 2012 for an internship with the American Psychological Association (APA) in the Continuing Education (CE) Department. This was a three month internship which ended on December 21, 2012. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience and feel that it helped to sharpen my written and oral communication skills. I was in charge – more... of reviewing new textbooks and creating summaries and questionnaires for the Education Department for current Psychologists and Psychiatrists seeking CE credits. These tests were written daily while I was also managing and juggling several other tasks. One of these tasks was to compile a list of all fifty states with their requirements concerning CE Credits. Among other tasks, I was also in charge of handling all phone calls, emails and faxes in and out of the CE Department. The APA hosts seminars and workshops twice a month for members, and while interning, I was in charge of setting up hotel reservations, setting up rooms for guests and speakers, and making travel arrangements. I feel that I learned a lot from this internship and would love an opportunity to further my career with a new and exciting company. – less
APA
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 9, 2012
Pros: tituton
Great place to work. You have a wonderful work/life balance no stress at the job.
Great place to work and learn
Exec Asst (Former Employee), Washington, dcMarch 5, 2012
Pros: traveling experiences
Cons: n/a
I loved working for the company. I had such a great learning experience with travel, sponsorship, and education through both depts that shared me as an admin. My bosses were tremendously appreciative of me and the intuitiveness and willingness to learn that i brought to the dept.
Great Work Life Balance
Research Associate (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 27, 2012
APA is a solid organization. It was my first job out of college. I learned a lot about organizations that are promoting education for unrepresented populations. Intelligence is valued.

About American Psychological Association

The American Psychological Association, based in Washington, DC, is the largest scientific and professional organization representing – Read more