Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Grant Writer is responsible for all grant research, writing, tracking, reporting and administration for the Central Texas Region of the American Red Cross. This position is also responsible for CFC, SECC and United Way proposals, reports and tracking in addition to occasionally assisting with major gift proposals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and manage annual grant calendar and cycles.
- Research and maintain database of potential and current grantors.
- Collaborate with development staff and supervisor to maximize development opportunities.
- Assist in cultivating and stewarding new and existing grantors.
- Manage all regional CFC, SECC, United Way and other workplace giving proposals, reports and tracking.
- Create stewardship reports and service delivery reports for funders.
- Identify funding opportunities and new program areas to match client’s priorities using research tools.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- College degree (BS/BA) in related field or relevant equivalent experience preferred.
- Three to five years’ work related experience in grant writing field.
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess skills to work collaboratively and independently to achieve goals.
- Accomplished experience in grant research, writing, tracking, reporting and administration and possess significant experience in building relationships.
- Accuracy working with budgets and intermediate math required.
- Strategic thinking skills, ability to conduct research, attention to detail and ability to work under strict deadlines.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing situations.
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills.
- Ability to adapt and respond to various situations.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with attention to detail, accuracy, and pacing.