American Red Cross
1,217 reviews

American Red Cross Employer Reviews

horrible job
Blood Draw Tech II (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 23, 2014
Pros: $$$$
Cons: not worth it hours and and joke of management
This is a job for people who have no kids or life.! You get your schedule 3 weeks in advance but 2x's a day are required to call a VM to see if your blood drive has changed. There are times you will drive to the other side of the state to a blood drive to only be there for a few minutes for them to send back 20 minutes from your home. No one has the – more... correct time ever!!

Only 3 lates in a year! – less
Service Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee), Yorktown, VAApril 23, 2014
Pros: schedule
Caring people and great schedule
Helping people get certified and encouraging others to donate blood was a great part of my job.
A great organization to work for. very flexible
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 22, 2014
Pros: very flexible with time.
Cons: not enough pay for wha your worth
A typical day is very busy with making materials for our donor reps and making sure their packets are complete and accuarate for their sponsors. I learn something new everyday wheather its a new program or how to do something on excel or word. I love my co-workers they are the best to work for. Very patient and understanding. The hardest part of the – more... job really isn't one. The most enjoyable part is being with my co workers who are my friends. – less
Enoyed Teaching people how to save others
CPR/ First Aid Instructor (Former Employee), Bangor, MEApril 20, 2014
I learned that I found it gratifying to empower others to be confident in that they could go into the world with the knowledge that they could make a difference in someone's life.
Loved the job, hated the hours.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), IdahoApril 19, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, coworkers, training
Cons: long hours, no actual lunch break, short breaks
I loved working at Red Cross. Loved my coworkers, loved the training, loved the pay and benefits. The hours were long, sometimes 13 hour days, and we didn't get lunch breaks, just fifteen minute breaks (if we weren't too busy.)
Professional environment
Donor Information Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2014
In a typical day, the American Red Cross has sensitive issues that have life and death implications and staff members must react accordingly
Exciting meeting new people
Volunteer (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAApril 17, 2014
I love meeting new people. Interacting with individuals who always have a smile on their face.
Great place to work and serve
Development - Grant Research (Current Employee), Phoenix AZApril 17, 2014
The mission and people are a great place to work and serve for the greater good.
Great company and benefits, wonderful work environment.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 17, 2014
Pros: wonderful company to work for
Cons: the schedule takes time to get used to
I loved going out on blood drives, meeting new people and using my knowledge on a daily basis. The company is great to work for, with wonderful benefits. I loved working with the supervisors and fellow co-workers. I learned a great deal about different aspects of Phlebotomy and patient care. The hardest part was adjusting to the schedule at first but – more... once I got the hang of it I loved it. – less
Great For Remote Work
Application Packager (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: great for remote work
Cons: no cons
I like working at American Red Cross. All of my co-workers are very easy to work and helpful.
Your are treated as family
Collections Specialist I (Former Employee), South CarolinaApril 16, 2014
When one person is needing help we all help like a family.A truley wonderful place to work.
Great people to work wih
TELECOM BUSINESS MANAGEMENT MANAGER (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 16, 2014
Pros: greate people and have the ability to telework
Cons: limited funds so we're always short staffed
The American Red Cross has great people to work with and are dedicated to helping people on a daily basis. Out of every company that i've worked for, i am happy that i'm part of what the Red Cross does for people.
Volunteer (Former Employee), LaGrange, GAApril 15, 2014
had fun helping others
learned people skills
interacted with others
outstanding job for single with no family responsibilities or commitment
Tech II/C/S2 Instructor/Trainer (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 14, 2014
Frequent changing in the procedures, many bosses, paper works and details orientation, variable hours,places and co-workers. no any coherence between management I liked it though except the hours make me have no life or plane to do any thing.
Nice place to grow
Mua/ truck driver (Current Employee), Detroit, MIApril 14, 2014
Pros: good pay.
Cons: bad leadership. no ability to progress in the company.
I loved the freedom and the ability to learn and grow. I liked being able to work at different locations all the time. Lifting heavy equipment was more of a work out, and that was a bonus.
Making people happy
Volunteer (Current Employee), Portland, ORApril 11, 2014
Pros: free juice and snacks
Cons: sometimes you can't find the restroom
This isn't a job but a volunteer opportunity. It is fun to talk to all the donors. I am doing this to honor my dad who passed away in 2007 and was a donor.
You can save a life
Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee), Manchester, NHApril 11, 2014
Pros: save a life
Cons: long days
long with daily traval,you save a life every day,people and management are profeshinal
great company .
Blood Donor Recruitment Customer Service (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 10, 2014
Pros: incentives, celebraitions of sucess, team support from management.
call center environment ,very discipline behavior, quiet,and serious of customer satisfaction, committed team in makeing very limited error.
It's an alright place to work, but tough!
Apheresis Recruiter/Receptionist (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNApril 9, 2014
Pros: the insurance benefits
Cons: short lunch breaks and micro management
A typical day at the American Red Cross always started out on a good note. I worked with great co-workers and donors daily. I learned that everyone and every situation needs to be treated in a very special way depending on each individual.
The hardest part of the job was after meeting all my goals that were set and trying to surpass those goal, which – more... I did, then being told that was not enough by management.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be a part of something that helped people who would otherwise continue to get sick or even die without the products I recruited every day from donors who were more than happy to come in and donate. – less
Helping breast cancer patients.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 8, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and helping when needed
Cons: seeing patients that were really sick
As a breast cancer survivor, I was happy to give back to the community. It was very confusing to me when I was first diagnosed. To be able to direct newly diagnosed patients to the resources they needed gave me great pleasure. A typical day was answering phone calls and answering questions or just listening when patients wanted to talk. The hardest – more... part was knowing that some of the will have a harder time with their diagnosis than I did. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About American Red Cross

The humanitarian mission of the American Red Cross connects us to people and communities across the nation and around the world. – Read more

American Red Cross Photos