American Red Cross
1,832 reviews

American Red Cross Employer Reviews

Red Cross
disater help (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSFebruary 28, 2015
This is a great company to be involved with they do so much for everyone regardless of economic, race, gender and any other diversities.
The need for blood.
Blood Collections (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: unprofessional supervisors/leads
Co workers were very rude and not willing to help you when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the donors. The hardest part was not being able to talk with the manager as there was much unprofessional work with co workers and nothing was done about it. The language was very vulgar in front of donors. There was much gossip of managers and co workers drinking together. When it was brought up to the manager and the "click" that was within the job, nothing was done as it continued.
giving back to others
volunteer Registrar for Red cross shelters (Current Employee), Tinton Falls, NJFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: many
Cons: on call at all hours
compassion- working in shelters, doing fire calls, lining up services for after disasters.

Hardest part were clients that were ungrateful.

Best part yet was getting a woman and her children into a hotel with a food and clothing voucher after a fire.
Great Company to Work For!
Account Manager I (Current Employee), Greenville, NCFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not for self-motivated
The company mission statement is clear. Expectations and goals are high but the support is present to help achieve set goals. Management helps their employees succeed.
Rapidly evolving human services organization
Training Specialist (Current Employee), Nashua, NHFebruary 25, 2015
Supervise instructing staff
Ensure delivery of services
Aggressive leadership goals
Dedicated co-workers
Challenged by limited marketing channels
Passion for teaching others valuable skills
Great Company to work for
Lab Tech (Current Employee), Farmington, CTFebruary 25, 2015
Great Company to Work For through out my years. I would not change anything about my work experience. I worked with great people over the years
Open and accepting culture
Project Management Intern (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: the work culture
Since the work that American Red Cross does is very mentally and emotionally taxing, the culture of the organization was very peaceful, accepting and also very jovial.
I help other people, help other people
Mobile Unit Assistant (Current Employee), 2220 Silvernail rd PewaukeeFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: daily stipend, staff is enjoyable, meet new people every day
Cons: schedule
My job is a mobile unit assistant, when i get to the center i need to figure out what I have to take to make the blood drive successful. I work with 5-15 staff members each day depending on the location of the drive and the size. Once I get to the site I then have to unload the truck and set up the room so we can have a blood drive. The hardest part about my job is the schedule, I work three to four 10-13 hour days that require me to wake up at 2 am or work as late as 10 pm. The best thing is knowing that I am one part in the whole process of saving people's lives.
Service Agent 1
SERVICE AGENT 1 (Former Employee), Charlotte, NcFebruary 23, 2015
• Recruit prospective blood donors from a variety of sources by phoning individuals, groups, organizations, churches and school
• Responsibilities include contacting previous, special, or whole blood donors to increase the frequency of donations and increase the number of blood donors and blood products.
always down on table or floor, but enjoyed it
Instructor (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: enjoyed
Cons: sometime no jobs available
Implement Orientation and Cerfication for employees of various companies, for Cpr for adult, children, AED and First Aid
Would Show film, then would assist with implemention.

Also Classes for Babysitting Instructor
New adventure every day
Collections Specialist I (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 23, 2015
It was a great job, but the variable schedule was hard with kids. I enjoyed meeting all of the blood donors and working with different staff daily. No day was every the same.
Branded name organization with roots in the community
Training Specialist (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAFebruary 23, 2015
Red Cross used to be the place to want to work and grow professionally until the organization decided to do a face lift and become more like corporate America. It is not the same organization our Grandmothers used to trust and believe in, that's for sure.
taking the course
Certified Lifeguard (Former Employee), camp raninuFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: constant activity
Cons: sun burn
included early mooring swims, strength training and actual surveillance of young children. Working under a head lifeguard and doing thirty laps a day was required. lunch was free and most evenings were off.
Great Donors, Not So Great Management
Collections Tech 1 (Phlebotomist) (Current Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: horrible management--team supervisors are great, but not other management
I enjoy working with people to save others, but management is what is resulting in my looking for employment elsewhere.
n/a
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 20, 2015
It was a job that gave me great experience in the lab. Data entry create a tracking number for each new specimen, then label and date them, specimen verification. Tube scanning and centrifuge each tube to separate the serum. Document all the activities that take place during the process. Maintaining all laboratory supplies, such as test tubes, slides and latex gloves. Dispose of all hazardous material in a manner that is compliant with any governing laws.
You're replaceable
Anonymous (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 20, 2015
The organization has a great mission, but paid staff is expected to do more than is humanly possible. Because of this, there is no longevity among paid staff. However, the lower level staff and volunteers are really remarkable people.
love helpeing people
helper (Former Employee), lantana flFebruary 20, 2015
Helped delivered food during the hurricane season. nice to see all the people come together in at time of need .i like see people face light up whit hoep know that thing were going to get better.
Satisfying and Fulfilling
RN ,special tech II (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great benefits: financially and personally
Cons: no part time positions, marginal chances for advancement.
Meeting and processing the generosity of people interested in saving lives was fulfilling for me. Learning to work closely in a team environment allowed for great personal growth. With a variety of personality types to work with and serve, my intercommunication skills were vital. I learned the art being an effective follower and support of management.Technically, my hands-on skills in venipuncture excelled and teaching others the nuances of skill was very gratifying.The most difficult part of the job was overcoming donor hygiene issues and realizing their personality and state of outer cleanliness was usually not related to the quality of the final product. Setting an example for professionalism was sometimes met with resistance but following good customer service and sound practice are important to the honorable and necessary work for continued recruitment of donors and meeting the needs of humanity.
Short period there, but great organization.
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 19, 2015
Worked mostly with the accounting department and it was a great experience. Was also able to see the dedicated work the Red Cross does to help those when in need, especially during hurricane Sandy. Great experience, great people, great organization.
Red Day
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: quality co-workers, leads and supervisors, good benefits for full-time
Cons: overnight hours 1am-9am
American Red Cross a great place to work, workers are friendly, outgoing, One day at work I wasn't familiar with IHL area where they test blood for different viruses from what I was doing in Sample Management and a co-worker stop what he was doing to take the time out to help me learn how to work the equipment over in their area, which meant a lot to me that even the co workers want to help an be a team player when it comes to saving others. I really enjoyed working at American Red Cross just knowing what I am doing is saving someone's life, and I really enjoyed and have a passion for it.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Red Cross

The humanitarian mission of the American Red Cross connects us to people and communities across the nation and around the world. – Read more

American Red Cross Photos