American Red Cross
1,426 reviews

American Red Cross Employer Reviews

Great for experience when you are new to medical assisting
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 20, 2014
Pros: guaranteed 40 hours a week unless you change your schedule
Cons: short breaks and hectic hours
The management and co-workers are great. The hours are very difficult to adjust to. The hardest part of the job is the schedule. The most enjoyable part is seeing people come in and give their time to save lives.
Volunteer/Later Employee
Part-Time Flex Instructor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 20, 2014
Pros: fun teaching
Cons: driving everywhere over the state
I loved the American Red Cross as a volunteer, yet as an actual employee it because difficult. I was often asked for all over the state. I drove very long distances and the compensation didn't cover the true wear and tare of your vehicle.
reaat place to work
Clerical (Former Employee), Ashland, OHJuly 19, 2014
Answering phones, Working on computers, working with CPR instructors was great. Working with instructors
American Red Cross
Supervisor (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 19, 2014
Pros: the productive and enthusiastic staff
Cons: the non productive and unen
The Red Cross provided me the opportunity to work with some wonderful people in our blood collections department and the support the collections team had with each other as a whole is worth the experience alone.
Great Place to help others
Coordinator & Military Caseworker (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasJuly 17, 2014
I loved my job at ARC. It was fulfilling and helping other brough joy.
Productive Business Workplace
Document Reviewer (Current Employee), Johnstown, PAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: excellent wages
Cons: healthcare very expensive and high co-pays, travel distance long
Arrive 6am, check email, begin review of blood donation records. Half hour unpaid lunch(optional) 15 minute break. Shift ends when the total days collection is complete. If you get overtime, you must leave early on a day when the collect is lighter. I have learned so much about federal regulations regarding the blood supply, and what an important part – more... we play. The hardest part of the job is making certain that you do not miss anything that would compromise the integrity of the blood supply. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction I get from knowing that what I do helps save lives. – less
Collections technicion (Former Employee), SLC , UtahJuly 15, 2014
Collecting units
Screening donors

Management was hard to work with. My boss was always very friendly

Hard to get used to the Co-workers
A rewarding career
Apheresis Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Liverpool, NYJuly 15, 2014
The typical work day is very busy, there are moments of down times, but is filled with documenting, cleaning, and interacting with the donors. It requires long periods of standing, and continually being able to think and react quickly. It is a very rewarding feeling knowing you were able to provide a product that can save lives.
Opportunity
Biomedical Technician (Current Employee), Pomona, CAJuly 14, 2014
Having the opportunity to train in areas of the company such as Phlebotomy and Health Histories. The many benefits that the company offered
Challenging
Collections Scheduler (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 14, 2014
Management and employees do not work in one accord. Co-workers work well together
Nonprofit community work
Health & Safety Specialist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 14, 2014
A typical day consisted of teaching first aid and CPR classes or coordinating off and on site sales and classes. Other days I would coordinate or run first aid stations for third party events. I had the opportunity to manage a volunteer staff of 150 and a paid staff of 5.
a great place to work
Collection Specialist II (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 14, 2014
Pros: overtime as needed
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at the Red Cross was greeting donors, performing health history and vital sign , phlebotomy, processing blood and test tubes so they are shipped to our main lab, assist donors who sometimes may feel light headed form donating. I have learned that giving blood helps saves lives and that to me its a form of medication..my co-worker were – more... great, im easy to get alone with so things were find. The hardest part of working with this company was having to work every saturday and going to places for a total of four days and being a single parent away form school age children for days..The most enjoyable part of the job was I felt like a hero and i was helping save lives – less
Not bad but not promising
Donor Scheduler (Former Employee), Westminster, MDJuly 14, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: job stability
took calls on an inbound call system and scheduled donors for their next blood donation. I learned how to speak better to customers and how to navigate through various Microsoft programs. management applied pressure on the callers to be successful on the calls. the co-workers were what made the job enjoyable. fun easy going and relaxed. The hardest – more... part of the job was the uncertainty of retaining your job. the most enjoyable was the people. they made the job great. – less
red tape
Principal Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee), VaJuly 14, 2014
Pros: very flexible
Cons: bad politics
good please, good people, bad politics. Too much red tape, does not get things done
Fast Pace Enviroment with Great Moral
Collection Specialist I (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits and discounts
Cons: sometimes no breaks
*To start a day at ARC normally I would come in and gather materials
*Assign someone to Perform the daily Quality Control Procedures
*Manage the Blood Drive during the day
*Provide excellent Customer Service
*My co-workers are fun and hard workers andI consider some as friends
*The hardest part of my job is telling a donor that they cannot donate blood
*I – more... would say the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I'm apart of a mission that help save thousands lives daily. I also was a blood recipient. – less
Great
Administrative Sales Support (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 13, 2014
On a day to day basis I worked in a good environment. Employees are great associates to work around with.
Outgoing and Open Minded Work Place
Volunteer (Former Employee), Atlanta GeorgiaJuly 11, 2014
Interacted with peers by presenting Educational sessions. I learned that people fear the unknown. Great Managers and co-workers. I really enjoyed changing the stigma on important issues in our community.
Important work being done & we had fun doing it
Center Administrator (Former Employee), Braintree, MAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches; free movies; a lot of jokes
Cons: short breaks & a tiresome manager
The greatest part of this job were the donors. It was always inspiring to see people who were willing to give their time and body over to help others who were in need.
very rewarding
Emergency services (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 11, 2014
Pros: people are very friendly
Cons: hard to say no..volunteer more than i am home
Great place to work and volunteer.....Emergency services is the best. Once you are trained you can go to any Chapter and volunteer. Great for retired people who have 2 homes.
Great people
Lead Biomedical Equipment Technician (Current Employee), St Paul, MNJuly 11, 2014
Highly regulated by the FDA. Budgets have been tight. Departments have been cut.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Red Cross

The humanitarian mission of the American Red Cross connects us to people and communities across the nation and around the world. – Read more

American Red Cross Photos