American Red Cross Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,899 reviews matching the search
Good place to work, with many Christian co-workers
Inventory/Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 28, 2016
Start of day check e-mails, voice mail messages and computer fax for department. Then Help crew start with mobile staging. Processed all Labels that came in and entered Inventory that is delivered through the day. Deliver mail to other departments. Check for Fed Ex shipments for building make shipping labels and have someone help wrap shipment if needed. I would perform weekly cycle counts on Inventory and do a full Label Inventory once a month. I would start process of getting new regulated inventory through Q/A acceptance. That is very time consuming as it would take at the least 3 different departments to ok the product and sometimes all six department if all used the item in question. Every day you check for soon to be expired expiration dates. Start the process of taking them out of inventory and get departments in charge of them to ok the disposal of product. The work was busy and a full day, it was fulfilling and rewarding. Management worked with me for training and items that were hard to find.
Pros
Monday through Friday 7-3:30pm
Cons
Not always time for lunch or breaks.
awful place of employment
Collection Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 28, 2016
We worked under staffed on a daily basis. Very busy on blood drives. We were under payed. The management was horrible with communication.
Working for this company was a nightmare. No time for family, they were not flexible with home life.
Pros
Cons
not enough pay, not flexible, bad management
Ok place to work
HR Assistant III, H R Shared Services (HRSS) (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2016
I've learned a lot over the last 11 years. I have worked with some great people. I was a part of the Straight up process for the new HR dept. Which was very interesting and I'm thankful for all the systems and payroll information i learned.
Best work of my life, so far
Volunteer/ Youth Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 26, 2016
I love working with the youth of today. I get to engage in groups from kindergarten through medical school and each age brings with it a new challenge and reward. I love my co-volunteers and I am so grateful for this experience. I received training in a variety of areas including Psychological First Aid, and am ready when disaster strikes. This has been the best experience I have had both personally and professionally.
Fulfilling and collaborative work environment
Logistics, Warehousing and Supply Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 25, 2016
PROS
As a humanitarian organization, the work done is very fulfilling if you are into such kinds of work.
There is always a lot of work to be done which is a good thing.
As a volunteer, you decide which hours you wish to work.
Co-workers were engaging and very collaborative

CONS
Not fast paced enough for me
Very enjoyable
"Phlebotomist" (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NY 14225June 24, 2016
a very enjoyable place to work just need to be a flexible person and be willing to travel. You get to meet lots of great people and hear their stories.
Awesome Mission with Great Volunteers
Volunteer Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 24, 2016
There are no typical work days at the Red Cross. You are always working with super volunteers and you can end up doing anything anywhere!
Pros
Awesome Mission
Cons
Low Pay and Long Hours if you are committed to doing it right!
Rewarding, Generous organization
Chapter Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 24, 2016
I was a part of the Disaster action team. We would get dispatched to disasters such as fires to assess the damages and provide assistance to disaster victims. I have done office work such as filing paperwork, putting together mailers, copying paperwork, assisting other volunteers to complete projects, making badges and much more.
working environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJune 23, 2016
helpful and friendly working environment. there is a lot of scope to learn. It has been a learning and enriching experience.
Pros
free lunches, flexible working hours
Cons
Great organization to become certified through
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 22, 2016
The instructors who taught us were well-prepared and knew what they were teaching. Learning and perfecting skills in the lab was a fun environment.
Wonderful
Collections Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2016
American Red Cross is a wonderful place to work. The atmosphere in my area is very pleasant, and the managers and coworkers are wonderful.
Hard Going
Community Education Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 22, 2016
I applied for an internship as I was interested in the organization. However as a student with a limited budget for time and money, it was near impossible to get the training I needed.

Most of the people I met outside of the org were nice, but inside? Some people seemed to be power tripping. It was hard to keep your head down and mouth shut.
Ok
Senior Payroll Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 22, 2016
Not a lot of room for advancement but the compensation is up there. I have learned that not-for-profit has a very different culture than private sector.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Far from my home
Delivering blood to a community near you
Mobile Operator (Current Employee) –  Culver City, Los AngelesJune 22, 2016
I got a chance to work around dedicated co-workers as well as acquired multiple skills and training with a first class organization.
Pros
Cons
lack of further promotion/advancement
Productive and energetic workplace
Autologous specialist II (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 21, 2016
Great company to work for. I would definitely recommend this position to anyone seeking a job within the healthcare field.
Demanding work, low wages and poor life/work balance
Education/Training and Phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJune 20, 2016
A great mission but failing organization with weak ethical conviction. Lack of vision and constant reactive approach to problem solving instead of proactive disciplined management of tasks at hand.
Pros
Good Vacation Time and Volunteers/Donor Base
Cons
Demanding days, lack of vision and little to no consistency
must be flexible and able to deal with change
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 19, 2016
The ARC does wonderful work and helps the community. It is always full of change and you must be able to deal with this on a constant basis. OT is usually needed so if you are hourly you have the potential to make extra money, if you are salary, this is not so great, it means a lot of extra hours and weekends.
Productive agency that serves military members.
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKJune 19, 2016
Productive agency that serves military members and their families. My co-workers are hard working and serves the military.
Pros
helping others
awesome job
Scheduler, Special Collections (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 19, 2016
best place to work! too bad they lost a lot of employees due to outsourcing. would love to return.awesom management and employees,
American Red Cross
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 17, 2016
Great place to work. Unfortunately, they have been reorganizing the organization and had to let many employees go.

My co-workers were fantastic. Very hard working and mission driven. They are all very hard working and supportive.
Pros
work from home