American Red Cross Employee Reviews

Found 3,742 reviews matching the search
enjoy working and meeting new people
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NEJune 25, 2017
You travel to different town. You meet new people everyday. The long days get tiring. I miss my kids sports because of the travel. It is just not for me. I like being a Phlebotomist.
Pros
Meeting new people and Pay
Cons
Travel
VERY fun and learned alot
Communications and Public Affairs Department (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 23, 2017
American red cross was very fun. I was in the public affairs department and I loved it. my supervisor was very nice as well. it was very chill as well.
Pros
staff and the work was fun
Great place
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 23, 2017
Loved coaching and training in CPR, first aid and AE training the Manager were the best and It was a fun work environment.the Red Cross does so much good in the community.
Family Oriented
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 23, 2017
The average day was busy and always something to do. There was daily, weekly and monthly goal to hit with blood drives. I learned alot from the executive adminstrator, mainly how to multi-task and set events. The hardest part of the job was keeping all the blood drive coordinators happy and representatives on task that worked from home. The most enjoyable part was being off on the major holidays and weekends to regroup and start all over again on Monday.
Pros
Talking to donors listening to the stories of past donations
Cons
When board meetings happening its earlier mornings and longer nights
voluntary work
Court Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2017
This is voluntary work for helping individuals who are going through crisis. If you are interested in volunteering your time to help others, than this is the job for you.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2017
Volunteering was great experience. Leadership may be a little bit too relaxed. Program seemed a little disorganized. Need to be self motivated to make program enriching for yourself.
Good intesions but personell arnt easy to wokr with
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 22, 2017
During my employment with ARC, there was a lot of work drama between coworkers that unfortunately affected our ability to work. our manager was un willing to address problems among individuals and sometimes picked sides.
Havent worked here
Water Safety Instructor (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 22, 2017
I took a lifeguarding and CPR. I took this class so I could become a water safety instructor. Through the same program so I could teach kids how to swim.
Cut Throat
Administrative and Fund Raising (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 22, 2017
If you really saw what goes on..... you wouldn't want to donate. A lot of switching around monies.so it looks like one person got more donation than another. Higher ups paid way too much.
Nice people
Youth Program Specialist (Americorps) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 22, 2017
Had a lot of great coworkers, I recall some management changes during the time I was here but operations proceeded as usual. Felt good to be part of a team with lots of motivated volunteers as well.
Pros
Staff appreciation, constantly flowing coffee, nice coworkers
Cons
Long and tiring days
easy to sign up
Technician II, Collections (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 22, 2017
hard time finding suitable employment. have not yet found permanent employment. Looking to find something that will work for me and my family schedule being a single mom of three.
fun workplace
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJune 22, 2017
My first phlebotomy job right out of phlebotomy school. I loved the traveling and learning al these new things from the job. I had great coworkers and we always worked well together. We set up for the blood drives and took blood
its okay
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 22, 2017
I do not wish to participate in the review. So I am not going to review this company every company has its pros and cons it is the individual that make the company
Red Cross Employee
Red Cross (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 22, 2017
Great organization to work for. Work life balance is good but not great benefits or pay. The best part of this job is being able to help so many people. It is very satisfying to be able to make a difference everyday.
Incompetent management, tremendous turnover, inadequate resources
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2017
Management creates a distrustful and dysfunctional environment to work in. Metrics change substantially on a whim and with no data to support changes and with no notice. Steer clear of this organization. It is so top heavy, inefficient and antiquated.
Pros
Knowing that ultimately you are helping those in need
Cons
Poor culture, inept management from middle up to senior
Management is questionable
Human Resources Shared Services Administrator III (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 21, 2017
All of management came from a call center. Most new hires had an HR background and disagreed with all of the policies. no consistency, no perks, no frills, low pay
great place to work
APHERESIS TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  MichiganJune 21, 2017
Great place to work! amazing place to build a career and establish roots. Room to grow and move up within the organization! Also,by becoming a redcrosser you are doing your part to give back!
Rewarding because you are doing something positive to help people
Customer Service Representative - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJune 21, 2017
Lack of on-site management. Management are located in other states/cities. Rewarding knowing that you are doing something to help the lives of other people.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
lack of Managment support
Volunteer Job
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 21, 2017
If you love working with people that take blood from people and if you love working with people that come in and give blood then this is a great place to volunteer for.
Volunteer
Disaster Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 20, 2017
Great volunteer opportunity
There's also work that needs to be done
You are recognized for you hard work and dedication
A typical day of volunteering is jumping in and helping out immediately.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Red Cross. Our community is ready to answer.