American Red Cross
1,547 reviews

American Red Cross Employer Reviews

What can you say about the ARC that isn't great. I helped save peoples lives.
Telerecruiter (Former Employee), Lansing, MISeptember 28, 2014
On the phone calling potential platelet donors and scheduling appointments. Really caring about making a difference in someones life, living well and keeping healthy. Very knowledgeable supervisors and always ready to go the extra mile. Co-workers there reliable and generous. I'm not a real phone person so just being on the phone so long was hard. Hearing – more... the true stories of people who's lives were saved by platelet transfusions and knowing how much they depended on you to find suitable donors was very rewarding. – less
I loved working here
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 27, 2014
Pros: nationial known
Cons: your effortscan get lost intheday to day operations
Nonprofit that helps people that have hag disasters,very good company to work for,if you love helping people
Great Co-Workers
Case Manager (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits, and wonderful co-workers.
Cons: very stressful work, delt with sickness and death all the time.
Had to sit at a desk and use a headset for eight hours a day, management monitored, work and would not allow you to be unavailable while completing a case.
Wonderful environment with great people.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GASeptember 26, 2014
I absolutely loved working for the American Red Cross. Outstanding working environment with wonderful people. Great training program that I eventually was apart of as well.
Volunteer
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 26, 2014
I only volunteered here but they had fun things to do when volunteering.
Excellent work place for administrative skills.
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Columbus, GASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: helping victims of disasters
American Red Cross was a great experience for me to improve my administrative skills. I helped people who were victims of disasters and prepped for CPR classes. The staff memebers were very welcoming and they taught me a lot about the American Red Cross.
Its OK
Data Specialist (Current Employee), Douglasville, GASeptember 26, 2014
Its Ok but the job could be better. A typical day at work is very busy. Management is not always on one accord but its OK. Co-workers in general are Ok. The hardest part of the job is working the weekends.
N/A
Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Spokane. WASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Full filling place of employment. Typical day included taking calls and directing them on to correct person or department. Filing accounts receivables and payables as well as close outs.

My co-workers were wonderful and the management was helpful and professional. The hardest part of the job was not being able to help the people injured during a disaster, – more... as my job was reception so just took the information and passed it on.

Learned a new filing system and was able to put my ideas to work for the red cross and was very fullfilling. – less
A large corporation undergoing a Major Overhaul
Order Management Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 25, 2014
ARC is undergoing a veritable overhaul in infrastructure. While it was a great and challenging place while I worked there, the information I get from past co-workers makes the ARC seem like a very stressful and uncertain environment in which to work.
Temporary Position
Customer Service for incoming calls (Former Employee), East Lansing,MISeptember 25, 2014
This job helped me to hone my customer service skills.Enabled me to understand the needs, and wants of others.
Fun Working Environment
Phlebotomist II (Current Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: heavy lifting
I enjoyed my time with the American Red Cross and it brought great meaning to my life.
Collections Operation Supervisor (Former Employee), Birmingham ALSeptember 24, 2014
In my previous position I was responsible for the following daily responsibilities:

Managing a group of 40
Implementing procedures and ensuring they were being carried out.
Payroll responsibilities
Project management
Coaching, mentoring, and developing staff
Ensuring all daily operations went as expected
Helping others while assisting in saving lives
Humanitarian Organization
Volunteer (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INSeptember 23, 2014
I filed paperwork containing client information and I also helped the clients during recovery after their blood was drawn. The most enjoyable part of this job was conversing with the clients who has come for blood donation.
Mission focused and very diverse
Regional Chief Development Officer (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: incredible mission, people and culture.
Cons: hours worked can be formidable
A very fast paced job with multitasking skills a must. Staff and leadership dynamic and incredibly committed. Compassionate and flexible work environment. The mission of the Red Cross is one I care deeply about and would still be there if not for a move to Colorado Springs for family reasons.
Loved it here !!!
Account Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 23, 2014
Great place to work. Would have stayed forever if there was a position I could advance in. Management is very understanding and will work with your schedule.
Some point employee may have to change his or her mind.
Structural Designer (Former Employee), Evansville, INSeptember 22, 2014
People believe in team work, friendly and cooperative. Company believes in talent and respect.
Good work in the community
Manager (Current Employee), washington, dcSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: mission focused
Cons: lack of real leadership, lots of nepotism
Lots of great work in the community but a real lack of strong leadership.
not the organization i thought it was
Collections Tech III / Apheresis Tech (Former Employee), Durham, NCSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: travel is 80% of the job
Cons: a different start time to each day.
Very surprised by the quality of the company's values. Unbelievable
Great work culture and safe working environment. Offers growing opportunities through continuous training and education programs.
Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee), Eglin AFB, FLSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: dedicated to their staff and offers a variety of training in different areas.
Cons: insufficient workload
This organization deserves a score of 9 out of ten. It's staff thrive hard to appreciate each volunteer's support and to assure each member feel comfortable in their working area.
Helping people
Mobile Unit Assistant (Former Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 20, 2014
Personally rewarding. All other factors enter at your own risk.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Red Cross

The humanitarian mission of the American Red Cross connects us to people and communities across the nation and around the world. – Read more

American Red Cross Photos