American Red Cross
1,762 reviews

American Red Cross Employer Reviews

A productive and fufillment
General Volunteer (Current Employee), Camp Lejuene, NCJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: an hour lunch
Cons: have not discovered them yet.
I am in training right now for the American Red Cross.
I have learned a lot in the past few days about how to communicate with other individuals who are going through hardship. You have to be able to manage your time properly to be able to help all of our military members. The most enjoyable part about the job is that I get to meet/help new people on a everyday basis. I love been a volunteer there.
Disaster Preparedness
AmeriCorps State Resiliency Member (Former Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 27, 2015
Everyday we would have a few presentations to do and we had to get to them, give them, and complete office work each day. It did get hectic. But meeting all of the different people when giving presentations and at the Red Cross itself was worth it.
Productive and fun work place
Caseworker (Former Employee), 1400 Central AvenueJanuary 27, 2015
Working to help people financially with placement stability, and seeing the smiles on their faces, made my work day enjoyable.
Fun workplance
Volunteer client case work supervisor (Former Employee), Darien, CTJanuary 27, 2015
It is a good place to work and to learn. It offers a variety of work experience. It provides cultural diversity and integration. The Red Cross really takes humanitarian work at heart. It is a good starting place for anyone who would like to begin a career in the non-profit industry.
Good Company but...
Director (Former Employee), DCJanuary 27, 2015
ARC was a great company to work for I learned a lot. However it used to be one you felt secure at long term not any more every year they perform staffing cuts, it actually became a joke on whether or not you would make the cut. This was especially true at mid level management. Me personally was lucky enough to miss those cuts for over 6 years, atlas it finally caught up.
for folks looking to learn and advance their carreers great company I send folks that way constantly. They will give you experiences, they will train and mentor.
Great Job with a Great Cause
Collections Tech II (Current Employee), Salina, KSJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: you help save someone' life.
Cons: a lot of traveling for those that prefer to be closer to home often.
The American Red Cross is a household name. You are or should be proud of the job that you do when working here at ARC. No previous experience required and you get full training to start. If you enjoy traveling; this may be the job for you. You can be away from home 5-6 days out of the week depending where you are located and what crew you are working with. The hours can be long, but the job that you are doing is fully rewarding. I wouldn't recommend this job for those that have little ones or obligations with care of family members since you may be out of town for most of the week. I enjoy my job because our donors are taking time out of their busy day to DONATE their blood WILLINGLY to help save some stranger's life. People don't have to do it if they don't want to..but you have donors who do it time and time again. People donate gallons and gallons of their blood..not because someone made them..nope..they do it out of the goodness of their heart.
Great cause, great people
Volunteer Territory Manager (Former Employee), Washington DCJanuary 26, 2015
The best part of the job was to help people in dire conditions and make a positive influence in their life.

The people I worked with were great.

There is no typical day in this line of work.
Collection of blood donation
Collection Technician (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: meeting different people
Cons: traveling & wear & tear on your car. not being adaquent compensattion on your traveling
Enhanced my Phlebotomy skills. . Does not look out for there employees who are not unionized. Management needs alot of improvement. Really sorry I took this position. When interviewed was told I would be assigned to the Baltimore City team. I have been sent all over from Annapolis to Pennsylvania. The way they compensated for millage is a joke. So many people who have just started are also looking for other employment.
Calling donors and booking for upcoming drives or encouraging to come in and donate
Telerecruiter (Former Employee), Tucson ArizonaJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: helping save lives
Cons: unprofessional supervisors and management
You were measured on insuring you used rebuttals to overcome objectives.Recruiters could at time become pushy as part of the call you have to rebuttal. Forget about attempting to grow with the company. Its who you know and if your supervisor will help you promote.Most Supervisors are very immature and usually like socializing with kids at 20 yrs old if your older and wiser forget about having opportunity to grow with Redcross with what the Redcross stands for it is really sad that it is allowed.
Great opportunity
Shelter Intern (Former Employee), Akron, OHJanuary 23, 2015
As an intern at The American Red cross, I would collect and organize data using Microsoft Excel, as well as the National Shelter System to maintain the readiness of over 100 potential disaster shelters in the Northeast Ohio region. My primary duty was to schedule appointments over the phone and meet with the point of contact in order to inspect and document shelter conditions.

This position was a great opportunity to meet individuals from all walks of life, as well as gaining valuable experience in project management and emergency management. I worked with a great group of people and traveled across Northeast Ohio conducting various emergency response related duties.
Great place to Volunteer
Dental Assistant/Front Office Volunteer (Former Employee), Korea, VAJanuary 22, 2015
The American Red Cross is a wonderful agency to work with. They provide great support and training when needed.
they were fantastic
Volunteer (Former Employee), cleveland ohioJanuary 22, 2015
I would volunteer regularly as it took place at my trade school. I learned the proper procedure when practicing phlebotomy. The staff was great. A+ work environment
Lifeguard Certification (Former Employee), Williamsburg VAJanuary 22, 2015
This was an after school job, where I would help to check in patients and check them back out. I had the usual duties of a receptionist and I enjoyed the pace and the clients.
An excellent work environment to volunteer in
Administrative Support (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COJanuary 21, 2015
I have learned how to pull data and out them in to the provider score cards. My co-workers are very helpful and if I have question they are there to help me out.
great volunteer opportunity
Clerical (Former Employee), Lansing, MiJanuary 21, 2015
I had a blast working in the different departments here. The staff were very friendly:.
tough schedule to live with
Mobile Unit Assistant (Current Employee), Winchester, VAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: schedule, start and finish times for the day, full time promise and part time delivered
Benefits OK and not too expensive. Schedule up and down , unpredictable. Part time really. Crazy start times some days. And late nights other times. Lot of responsibility for little pay and what ever you do Dont get hurt they will replace you and go on.
Great Company--very bad management
Collection Specialist 11 (Current Employee), PeoriaJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: the donors
Cons: management
I love my job! I love the donors and receive many customer service awards. Upper management not so good. Poorly run. So Sad. I have supported the Red Cross for over 40 years, but no more
Rewarding job experience
Volunteer (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 18, 2015
Front Desk
• Welcome and provide help to guest
• Answer phone and provide callers with help
• Assisting people who would like to volunteer
• Fill and file paperwork
• Promote the Red Cross, inform people of the purpose and encourage them to donate and volunteer.

Blood Drive Center and External Drives
• Welcome and register walk-ins and appointments
• Provide donors with valuable information regarding donating blood
• Go to actual blood drive locations to set up and register donors
Scam-ish
Sales Representative (Former Employee), New MarketJanuary 18, 2015
Cons: little money, many hours
They kept most of the profits that were supposed to go to Charity and paid they're staff commission on each person they got to sign up. 12 hour days.
Instructor/Trainer, trained others to become an instructor and Conducted Training myself
Instructor Trainer (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: opportunities for further certifications
Cons: hours of work, varied, significantly
American Red Cross is an excellent organization with an impressive Mission Statement. The diversity of the company is remarkable. I was employed in the Training portion and thoroughly enjoyed my work. I was permitted to continue to excel in my certifications and worked with a extremely diverse companies to provide training.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Red Cross

The humanitarian mission of the American Red Cross connects us to people and communities across the nation and around the world. – Read more

American Red Cross Photos