American Red Cross

American Red Cross Employee Reviews

Found 2,312 reviews matching the search
I loved working for the American Red Cross
Copier Technician/Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 7, 2016
American Red Cross has been my favorite workplace. I worked with amazing people,loved my boss,loved working with the volunteers. We had great PTO. I just wish my job wasn't eliminated, but very grateful for the 11 years I worked there. I loved my job, what I did daily, and all my coworkers.
Pros
great co-workers, pto is great, good hours, leniant if you had Dr. or dentist app.
Cons
would like to have retired from ARC
Great Place
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 7, 2016
As a Team Supervisor, I enjoyed the variety that each day brought. Unfortunately, my position has been eliminated due to a RIF.
Pros
Meaningful Work
Cons
Irregular working hours
Helping and giving back to the community
Blood Drive Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAFebruary 2, 2016
Helping our community by giving back to the people in their time of needs.. And also by serving to the community by helping the people and in the family
Department went from an excellent team work environment to a production line
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 30, 2016
The mission of the Services to the Armed Forces of the American Red Cross is exceptional and filled me with pride. Our department took calls from all over the world 24/7!
Pros
knowing I was there to help
Cons
hearing the suffering of military members and their families
Salary was a scam
Disaster Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  IdahoJanuary 29, 2016
Was told I would make salary, the real result was I was actually being paid 5k less than what was said. HR was impossible to get a hold of, the job description was not what the actual job was.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pay, Benefits
Great place to volunteer
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJanuary 29, 2016
The American Red cross offers many advanced options for people within the community to volunteer and connect with other people. There was no compensation for this position
American Red Cross
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 28, 2016
One I always loved helping individuals and work at the American Red Cross did just that in my past I helped the American Red Cross and always loved it.
Pros
People
Cons
N/A
Stressful
Biomedical Collections Supervisor/ Instructor (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 28, 2016
Easy to advance due to extreme turnover rate. Schedule is random and difficult to get PTO approved. Blood drives are typically under staffed and way over goal. Resulting in a high stress environment for staff and donors.
Pros
Easy to advance career
Cons
Everything else
Would not recommend
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Poor pay, was mislead during interview process. Expected to work weekends.

Coworkers are okay, and you get free coffee. That is the only perk.
Most strenuous and stressful job I have ever worked but I was dedicated and needed health insurance.
Blood Collections Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 23, 2016
Enjoyed being able to meet new people at each drive but enjoyed seeing the regular donors that would return every 56 days to donate again more.
Pros
Seeing different places every now and then.
Cons
Having to leave Wilmington so early (3:00am) some days to ride for 2.5 hours to the site to set up.

Want to know more about American Red Cross?

Ask a question
Exemplary Crew
Team Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 21, 2016
Great staff to work with! The staff love their job and work hard to make donors smile each and every day.
Work days are long but very fulfilling.
Pros
Meeting New People
Cons
Long Days
productive and great work environment
Technologist I Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJanuary 21, 2016
Great company and excellent work environment and very knowledgeable. Constance changes in work schedule based on manufacturing needs. Employees must be extremely flexible no set schedule. However, great mission and purpose for their patients
great pay everyday is was a different day
Mobile operator (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Hours varied, long travel time. Outdoors type job, fresh air. Different places daily. Different crew daily.

Hardest part was the turn around time 9-10 depending on schedule.

Co workers were great. I just wished management didn't constantly change procedures. Had more respect for senior staff.
Pros
great pay
Cons
no home time
Lots of traveling every day
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILJanuary 20, 2016
You travel to blood drives in a different place every day and meet a lot of great people. Great team to work with. Great benefits. They teach you how to follow government guide lines.
Pros
Meeting great people and benifits
Productive Workplace
Health & Safety Specialist/Income Development (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN and Maryville, TNJanuary 20, 2016
Fast Pace Day! Always on the go! A typical day at work included working closely with community members, attending community events, meetings, or conferences to promote organizational goals or solicit donations or sponsorships, creating and updating donor databases, securing speakers for charitable events, community meetings, or conferences to increase awareness of charitable, nonprofit, or political causes. My co-workers were compassionate people who served the community with dignity and grace. The hardest part of the job was distancing myself from the people we aided. The most enjoyable part of the job was see people's lives be changed by our volunteers hard work.
Pros
Service to others. Meeting new people each week.
Cons
You see how disaster can devistate a community. But you also see how a community can rise above.
Not for someone who has a family
Donor specialist Level 3 (Current Employee) –  Ny PennJanuary 20, 2016
Working here you feel unappreciated your hard work goes unnoticed by management and if you do get advancement you are told to keep It a secret. Horrible management by MY ops manager. Being told I'm wrong or I heard wrong if I have an issue she will lie to your face and as for them covering hours when your drive is cancelled due to weather or any other reason they just won't pay you for it I have worked my tail off for this company for more than 2 years and I no longer feel secure in my job. I am good at my job I love my donors and the stories they open up to you. The organization as a whole is crumbling and I don't think they will ever recover!
Pros
Donor contact
Cons
Poor pay, lunch break not guarenteed, no communication with management, benefits, no home life
Great Place
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJanuary 19, 2016
Great Place to work. They offer terrific benefits and take care of their employees. The only downfall is there is a lot of standing on that hard concrete floor.
Donors are awesome
Whole Blood and Automated Collections Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 16, 2016
The best part of working at the American Red Cross is my co workers and the donors that give up their time to come in to donate blood and platelets so someone in need will have a chance to survive and live a long life. Management could be improved especially with interacting and showing the employees respect and dignity. Overall I probably would not refer anyone to apply for any position at the American Red Cross
Life saving organization
Phlebotomy Tech II (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJanuary 16, 2016
Each day I work gives me an opportunity to be a part of a team and organization that works hard and diligently to provide quality care.The professional & compassionate care that I provide makes a difference in a persons life and is a reflection on me and the company as well.
Pros
Being part of a life saving team
Cons
inconsistent work schedules
Computer
Support Technician Tier (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJanuary 15, 2016
A thriving small company growing rapidly year by year, very customer oriented and customer friendly. The main goal of the company is to provide an efficient experience for the customer.