American Red Cross
1,211 reviews

American Red Cross Employer Reviews

Exciting meeting new people
Volunteer (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAApril 17, 2014
I love meeting new people. Interacting with individuals who always have a smile on their face.
Great place to work and serve
Development - Grant Research (Current Employee), Phoenix AZApril 17, 2014
The mission and people are a great place to work and serve for the greater good.
Great company and benefits, wonderful work environment.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 17, 2014
Pros: wonderful company to work for
Cons: the schedule takes time to get used to
I loved going out on blood drives, meeting new people and using my knowledge on a daily basis. The company is great to work for, with wonderful benefits. I loved working with the supervisors and fellow co-workers. I learned a great deal about different aspects of Phlebotomy and patient care. The hardest part was adjusting to the schedule at first but – more... once I got the hang of it I loved it. – less
Your are treated as family
Collections Specialist I (Former Employee), South CarolinaApril 16, 2014
When one person is needing help we all help like a family.A truley wonderful place to work.
Great people to work wih
TELECOM BUSINESS MANAGEMENT MANAGER (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 16, 2014
Pros: greate people and have the ability to telework
Cons: limited funds so we're always short staffed
The American Red Cross has great people to work with and are dedicated to helping people on a daily basis. Out of every company that i've worked for, i am happy that i'm part of what the Red Cross does for people.
Volunteer (Former Employee), LaGrange, GAApril 15, 2014
had fun helping others
learned people skills
interacted with others
outstanding job for single with no family responsibilities or commitment
Tech II/C/S2 Instructor/Trainer (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 14, 2014
Frequent changing in the procedures, many bosses, paper works and details orientation, variable hours,places and co-workers. no any coherence between management I liked it though except the hours make me have no life or plane to do any thing.
Nice place to grow
Mua/ truck driver (Current Employee), Detroit, MIApril 14, 2014
Pros: good pay.
Cons: bad leadership. no ability to progress in the company.
I loved the freedom and the ability to learn and grow. I liked being able to work at different locations all the time. Lifting heavy equipment was more of a work out, and that was a bonus.
Making people happy
Volunteer (Current Employee), Portland, ORApril 11, 2014
Pros: free juice and snacks
Cons: sometimes you can't find the restroom
This isn't a job but a volunteer opportunity. It is fun to talk to all the donors. I am doing this to honor my dad who passed away in 2007 and was a donor.
You can save a life
Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee), Manchester, NHApril 11, 2014
Pros: save a life
Cons: long days
long with daily traval,you save a life every day,people and management are profeshinal
great company .
Blood Donor Recruitment Customer Service (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 10, 2014
Pros: incentives, celebraitions of sucess, team support from management.
call center environment ,very discipline behavior, quiet,and serious of customer satisfaction, committed team in makeing very limited error.
It's an alright place to work, but tough!
Apheresis Recruiter/Receptionist (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNApril 9, 2014
Pros: the insurance benefits
Cons: short lunch breaks and micro management
A typical day at the American Red Cross always started out on a good note. I worked with great co-workers and donors daily. I learned that everyone and every situation needs to be treated in a very special way depending on each individual.
The hardest part of the job was after meeting all my goals that were set and trying to surpass those goal, which – more... I did, then being told that was not enough by management.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be a part of something that helped people who would otherwise continue to get sick or even die without the products I recruited every day from donors who were more than happy to come in and donate. – less
Helping breast cancer patients.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 8, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and helping when needed
Cons: seeing patients that were really sick
As a breast cancer survivor, I was happy to give back to the community. It was very confusing to me when I was first diagnosed. To be able to direct newly diagnosed patients to the resources they needed gave me great pleasure. A typical day was answering phone calls and answering questions or just listening when patients wanted to talk. The hardest – more... part was knowing that some of the will have a harder time with their diagnosis than I did. – less
Fun workplace with great overall experiences
Medical Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee), Several locationsApril 7, 2014
I learned about many different medical professions, as well as the setting up and taking down of medical equipment.
Productive Workplace
Service Agent (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 7, 2014
Productivity is the motive here. Learned how to deal with others attitudes in a different setting. A typicial day at work was trying your hardest to get people to come out to donate.
Unique and fulfilling work experience
Deputy Director Planning & Readiness (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 6, 2014
Pros: mission oriented work is very fulfilling.
Cons: sometimes long hours and changing priorities make work/life balance challenging to achieve.
If you are passionate about the mission of the American Red Cross, interested in working with volunteers and colleagues in a fast-paced environment this may be a great location for you!

Work varies greatly from one day to the next, providing opportunities for a wide array of experiences. Make the most of this high demand environment as it will afford – more... for experience and exposure unlike any other. – less
experience
Event Organizer (Former Employee), Covina, CAApril 5, 2014
Pros: i got free lunch that day and got to help many people.
It was a one day experience but it consist of leading people to the correct location, signing them in, advertising, and informing people. i learned about the whole giving blood process. The management was great they knew how to handle themselves and others and the entire process. the people i worked with that day were amazing and professional. I cant – more... think of a part of that job that was hard for me. the best part was informing people of types of blood and the blood giving process. – less
A nice Day at work
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 5, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
American Red Cross was an excellent experience for me due to the fact that after being a Medical Assistant, I worked as Phlebotomist doing blood collections, it was such a great experience and every single one of my co-workers was very nice and every day at work was a very good day for me.
Blood drives
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), nashville tnApril 2, 2014
I traveled to different blood drives and preformed vp I also processed the blood. the hardest part of my job was the schedule it was never the same from week to week.
Rewarding job.
Lead/ Training Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INApril 2, 2014
Rewarding job if you don't mind a lot of travel. It can be hard on your family if you dont have support

1 2 3 4 5

About American Red Cross

The humanitarian mission of the American Red Cross connects us to people and communities across the nation and around the world. – Read more

American Red Cross Photos