American Renal Associates

American Renal Associates Employer Reviews

Patient Care Tech
Patient Care Technician/Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLOctober 16, 2014
American Renal Associates is an awesome growing company. I'm
very fortunate to work for a company that is going somewhere.
well paid, early hours, lots of turnover
Registered Nurse, Kidney Center of Arvada (Current Employee), Arvada, COJuly 30, 2014
Start before 5 am. Lots of employee turnover. Great to have a specialized skill set. Get to make a difference for chronically sick people. Can become routine feeling.
Awesome growing company
Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee), Lafayette, COJuly 1, 2014
American Renal Associates is an awesome growing company. I'm
very fortunate to work for a company that is going somewhere.
saving lives
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 1, 2014
Pros: patients become your family
Cons: early hours and late days
being a ccht is very important job reason being is because Im helping somebody save there life each and every minute that there under my care .
fast paced
Dialysis nurse (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 28, 2014
Enjoyable place to work, great opportunity for advancement, and expanding knowledge. Management and staff caring and helpful.
Exciting, Growing Company
Team Leader/Rotating Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches, pto hrs earned and compensation based on yrs of experience
Cons: scheduling was done by staff who was biased
A typical work day included direct patient care supervision of renal technicians, intervening as necessary or assuming role of tech if short staffed. Charting, communicating with M.D. as needed.
Management was hands on. Coworkers primarily worked together with minimal conflicts which were resolved by management.
The hardest part of the job was having – more... to wear many hats on the days when there was staff call-ins.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the patients and gaining their trust and respect. – less
Great co workers, management was unprofessional, cruel and demeaning to staff.
CMA, Secretary (Former Employee), Springfield,MaJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: low pay, horrible management
I worked at the ARA in Springfield, Ma. and my co-workers were pretty much all great. The manager was awful. I tried telling her one time how a PCT was telling me she comes in on Saturdays drunk pretty much all the time as she's just getting home from partying, all the manager said was"it's a Saturday and I'm not working, how can I keep my eye on her"? – more... Are you kidding me? If it was my facility I would certainly be there to make sure my PCT was not under the influence of alcohol while working with patients. Thus manager was a piece of work. She was scream at staff in front of other staff, the list is endless... – less
Productive & fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: close to home, free lunches occasionally & the generous patients
Cons: the use of your personal time off for holidays.
There was never a dull moment at American Renal Associates, always work to do which made the day go by a lot quicker. I learned how to do payroll as well as a few things about the medical side from the nurses & patient care techs. Some of the co-workers were great to work with & have actually become close friends of mine. The hardest part of the job – more... was learning how to order particular labs for the patients, but I eventually got the hang of it. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the fact that it was pretty laid back. – less
Fast-paced center for patients who may spend only a feww months in the treatment center.
clinical social worker (Former Employee), Adelphi, MDOctober 28, 2013
Pros: pleasant, easy to work with co-workers
Cons: off-site corporate management
Corporate management not always aware of the complexities of treatment obsticals encounted in a rehabilitation/nursing home setting.

Good group of physicians; great medical director

Pleasant, hard working co-workers within the unit
dialysis
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), Pawtucket, RIOctober 9, 2013
Great place to start off a dialysis career, nice hours and friendly staff.
I LOVE MY JOB
ACUTE AND CHRONIC STAFF NURSE (Current Employee), COLUMBUS OHIOOctober 4, 2013
Pros: great perks
MY JOB AS A STAFF NURSE FOR ARA HAS BEEN ONE OF THE BEST EXPERIENCES EVER!
NOTHING ROUTINE EVERYDAY IS SPECIAL AND THE MANAGERS ARE REALLY THE BEST IN THE CITY.
Fast pase, short 15 min. breaks to eat, no Praise from manager
Licensed Practical Nurse / Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Louisville, GAOctober 2, 2013
Pros: most of our patients are very nice people and very friendly with everyone
Cons: manager is very negative toward me and always trying to blame me for someone else mistakes, short brakes and sometimes none
Open Center at 4:15am, Check Water system for Chlorine, turn on all machines and Check them for Bleach. Set up machines and test them prior to patients arrival. After all dialysis machines passed the test, get patients weighed, take their vital signs and listen to their lung sound and heart beat, count their respiration rate, listen to their access – more... to see if it is patent. Clean the access and start cannulating it with fistula needles and flush them with Heparin, to keep the blood from clotting. Set the dialysis machine to remove the fluid gain between treatments then initiate treatment. After all the patients are on the dialysis machines I draw up their medication and administer it through the bloodlines attached to their access. The patient are monitored and their vital signs recorded every 30 min. from the pre evaluation to the post vital signs, everything is documented in the I pad. After all medication is given, take a quick 10-15 min. break to eat and drink a cup of coffee. As soon as you get back on the treatment floor it is time to rinse back the first patient and get the machines ready for the next shift and everything starts allover again. The hardest part of this job is getting supplies and keeping up with water checks q 4 hours and have all meds given before the patients are done with their treatments. There are 16 patients on the machine at the same time. My co-workers want me to be there for all of their requests and none will look out for my assigned patients. Management never has a kind word for me only trying to find something wrong with whatever I do. The most enjoyable part of my job is the patients. They come in short of breath and feeling bad and when I get done with them, they feel good and have a smile on their faces, that makes my day and it puts a smile on my face. After the patients are gone the machines have to be cleaned and disinfected and set up for the next treatment day. Water system turned off. Medicine counted and looked up, then set the alarm system and lock all doors. Now I have to drive home to Augusta, GA, it takes about an hour. – less
Providing patient care is great as you listen to their stories from the past.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Boardman, OHSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: personal time off
Cons: arriving @ 4am
A typical work day setting up machines, data collecting ,charting ,cannaulating, and monitoring vital signs of patients.
I've learned to many ways to solve machine problems.
Management is qualified to be management.
My team mates are wonderful to have. Always a helpful environment.
Hardest part of job is arriving @ 4am.
Most enjoyable part of job is – more... talking with the patients. – less
A workplace that should be avoided at all costs
admissions coordinator (Former Employee), Beverly, MASeptember 23, 2013
Pros: good pay, benefits, skills attained during employment
Cons: unprofessionalism everywhere, treated as disposable, no job security at all
I worked for this company in the corporate office for 2 years- and the only thing good was the pay (slightly above market) and the benefits. Otherwise it is a terrible place to work. Managers are extremely inappropriate, between gossiping about the people on their teams; and the politics that are involved in trying to get a promotion. It is based solely – more... on friendships rather than whether or not someone is qualified to lead other individuals. Work is piled on, with no end in sight but lots of promises in order to keep people working.
There is definitely NOT job security here, as I had seen many good, hardworking billers/coordinators get canned for practically nothing. HR does not back up any complaints and instead seems to bury anything negative that is said about the company or managers. In their mind employees are expendable, and they let you know not so subtly that you are expendable.
It is a place to learn insurance/billing from the ground up, as the way they train forces you to learn a lot, and very quickly--SO if you are planning to use this company as a stepping stone, and you KNOW that it is temporary; then go ahead, make some decent money, learn some skills and leave before the poison sets in. If you are looking for an enjoyable long term company with good atmosphere---this is not the job for you. – less
do.do.do here is another carrot
Equipment/ Bio-Medical Technician (Former Employee), dcSeptember 10, 2013
Upper management does not have it.together make decisions on the run just say yes to what.ever you are told.to.do you'll be just fine
Greatest joy
Facility Technical Manager (Current Employee), Cottage City, MDJune 27, 2013
The greatest joy I have found by working for this company is the fantastic customer base and clinical staff. Together, they make everyday pleasant. The most difficult part of the job are the unpredictable hours.
rewarding to say the least
Clinical Certified Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee), Chicopee, MAMay 1, 2013
*rewarding to say the least
*lifes moments are precious
*managemet was awefu
*co-workers were great
Not a good place to work at (St. Louis)
RN (Former Employee), St. LouisApril 23, 2013
Management and corporate does not back their employees up. They pile work on you when others refuse to do it. Coporate doesnt talk to the patients when they come in town. Workers tell their co workers buisness to the patients. This company doesnt not appreciate their workers.

July 17, 2013

I agree, corporate is very rude when they come in town, don't speak with patients when they come in town. The are color struck, if your an African American they look down on you. The Regional Director plays the "I didn't know anything about that role" The Medical Director buys and steals patients. The clinic can not keep a Clinic Manager, they have been through four in two years. They hire incompetent nurses to run the facility and blame others for their decisions to do so. HR and compliance hotline don't have the staff back when calling in to complain, so it's pointless to call and report anything. The clinic is always short staffed and they cut the patients time because of their staffinsg issues. If your looking for a stable and nice place to work bypass this place.

NA
Facility Technical Manager - Dialysis (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 10, 2013
The job is one where there's lack of corporate support and team work. Management is lacking and its difficult to get consensus amongst the varying technical and clinical teams
Productive - excellent work enviroment
Unit Manager (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: excellent employees and company to work for.
Excellent work ethics / enviroment. Worked in several different sites, they all have an excellent review in there field and the communities which they are located. Strong knowlegdable employees with excellent work ethics.