American Renal Associates Employee Reviews

Overall great place to work with exception of no EMR.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 6, 2016
Overall a great place to work. Salary and benefits are good, work pace is fast and upper management is very involved and helpful. There is emphasis on keeping the staff and patient educated. The only negative is most of of the clinics do not have an EMR (computerized medical record) which is very surprising especially for a growing company like this. Tasks now take at least triple the amount of time to complete given the amount of paper work that is required or just trying to locate data on a patient chart. In our old dialysis unit we could just find data in the computer and now we have to go through piles of papers and hope that the information is not stored off site since the charts have to be thinned often due to the massive paper in them. Everybodys handwriting becomes illegible from constant writing. Hopefully a chart will not end up in a courtroom someday.
Pros
Salary, help from management
Cons
No EMR
Productive and Professional work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 20, 2016
I worked at ARA for two plus years. The management was super friendly and extremely professional at handling all issues. I gained extensive knowledge within the legal healthcare field and enjoyed coming into work everyday. The Upper management was very professional and handled all issues diligently. The compensation was also another incentive while working here. ARA staff has remained my favorite staff to work with over the years.
Pros
positive and professional upper management
Horrible
Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 8, 2016
Do not work here, the compensation is decent, but not worth the headache with Clinic managers and upper management. Steer clear.
Ara
LPN (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VASeptember 29, 2016
1. A typical day at work is busy but steady work load.
2. On my job I have learned my routine and method of take care of my patients.
3. My boss is great and very fair with all associates.
4. My co-workers are nice and helpful, just good team players
5. The hardest part of my job would be getting to work at 4:30 A.M.
6. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping my patients manage and cope with their kidney disease
Pros
Great Patients
Cons
Hours
Professional atmosphere but feels like a family reunion at times. Friendly people and smiling faces.
Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJuly 12, 2016
The responsibility far out weighs the reward but the staff keep things laid back. love working here, it seldom feels like "work".
Pros
food and music
Cons
far drive
Exciting, Growing Company
Team Leader/Rotating Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 4, 2014
A typical work day included direct patient care supervision of renal technicians, intervening as necessary or assuming role of tech if short staffed. Charting, communicating with M.D. as needed.
Management was hands on. Coworkers primarily worked together with minimal conflicts which were resolved by management.
The hardest part of the job was having to wear many hats on the days when there was staff call-ins.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the patients and gaining their trust and respect.
Pros
free lunches, PTO hrs earned and compensation based on yrs of experience
Cons
scheduling was done by staff who was biased
Very stressful, lots of favortism, no job security
Facility Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 2, 2016
Upper management is powerless and incompetent. There is no job security. Employees and management do not respect each other.
Workplace Environment
CCHT (Current Employee) –  DeSoto, TXMarch 24, 2016
Strong client base consistent with Chronic Dialysis Clinic. Unhappy employees on a consistent basis, management strick and shows favoritism.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Constant coverage of absentee employees
A workplace that should be avoided at all costs
admissions coordinator (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MASeptember 23, 2013
I worked for this company in the corporate office for 2 years- and the only thing good was the pay (slightly above market) and the benefits. Otherwise it is a terrible place to work. Managers are extremely inappropriate, between gossiping about the people on their teams; and the politics that are involved in trying to get a promotion. It is based solely on friendships rather than whether or not someone is qualified to lead other individuals. Work is piled on, with no end in sight but lots of promises in order to keep people working.
There is definitely NOT job security here, as I had seen many good, hardworking billers/coordinators get canned for practically nothing. HR does not back up any complaints and instead seems to bury anything negative that is said about the company or managers. In their mind employees are expendable, and they let you know not so subtly that you are expendable.
It is a place to learn insurance/billing from the ground up, as the way they train forces you to learn a lot, and very quickly--SO if you are planning to use this company as a stepping stone, and you KNOW that it is temporary; then go ahead, make some decent money, learn some skills and leave before the poison sets in. If you are looking for an enjoyable long term company with good atmosphere---this is not the job for you.
Pros
good pay, benefits, skills attained during employment
Cons
unprofessionalism everywhere, treated as disposable, no job security at all
Frequent job staff changes; can not keep facility managers;
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bladensburg, MDOctober 25, 2015
Work day at the dialysis unit is fast paced, and challenging. The patients are usually very knowledgeable about their care, and resist change in treatment regimen.

Management is the problem with ARA. There is no allegiance to staff, and especially the nurses are usually the first to run unit and take care of patients.
Pros
3 day workdays
Cons
Often long 3 day workdays
Great enviornment
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COSeptember 25, 2015
It was a great place to work everyone was real close like we were a family. we bonded together and had a great time working. I would go back any chance I got
Pros
Good atmosphere
not a positive environment
worker (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 3, 2015
Poor corporate involvement at any positive level. Clinic management style non-conducive to staff satisfaction. Managers not easily available. Lack of a cohesive team effort, no feeling of integration with immediate colleagues. Dissatisfaction related to turnover of qualified personnel. No appreciation for a good job done. Many coworkers harbor negative feelings about their jobs. Video monitoring creates a relationship of mistrust and widens the gap between management and staff. Since a workplace culture always flows from the top, leadership demonstrates a bad culture....find your nearest exit.
Great co workers, management was unprofessional, cruel and demeaning to staff.
CMA, Secretary (Former Employee) –  Springfield,MaJanuary 12, 2014
I worked at the ARA in Springfield, Ma. and my co-workers were pretty much all great. The manager was awful. I tried telling her one time how a PCT was telling me she comes in on Saturdays drunk pretty much all the time as she's just getting home from partying, all the manager said was"it's a Saturday and I'm not working, how can I keep my eye on her"? Are you kidding me? If it was my facility I would certainly be there to make sure my PCT was not under the influence of alcohol while working with patients. Thus manager was a piece of work. She was scream at staff in front of other staff, the list is endless...
Pros
co-workers
Cons
low pay, horrible management
Hard work but a great atmosphere considering the circumstances.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jasper, TXOctober 11, 2015
A great environment to work in. Co-workers are very pleasant, entertain, and helpful. Definitely not all about the number all the time. Would recommend this company to anyone!
Providing patient care is great as you listen to their stories from the past.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHSeptember 27, 2013
A typical work day setting up machines, data collecting ,charting ,cannaulating, and monitoring vital signs of patients.
I've learned to many ways to solve machine problems.
Management is qualified to be management.
My team mates are wonderful to have. Always a helpful environment.
Hardest part of job is arriving @ 4am.
Most enjoyable part of job is talking with the patients.
Pros
Personal Time Off
Cons
Arriving @ 4am
medium sized unit with 14 chairs
Dialysis staff/Charge nurse (Current Employee) –  ohio valley hospitalJuly 29, 2015
very busy clinic with approximately 45 treatments a day. We work from 4am to 10pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Have 1 shift on the other 3 days. Not a bad place to work when we are fully staffed.
Pros
appreciative patients
Cons
short staffing
Senior Technical Intern
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 15, 2015
Assisted the CEO with daily technical tasks and helped manage the technical resources of the home office in tampa. I set up the main office supplies for the CEO as well as troubleshooted the hardware that was not working. I was taught about how start ups begin and learned great advice about business from the CEO.
Pros
Great work experience.
Productive & fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 8, 2014
There was never a dull moment at American Renal Associates, always work to do which made the day go by a lot quicker. I learned how to do payroll as well as a few things about the medical side from the nurses & patient care techs. Some of the co-workers were great to work with & have actually become close friends of mine. The hardest part of the job was learning how to order particular labs for the patients, but I eventually got the hang of it. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the fact that it was pretty laid back.
Pros
Close to home, free lunches occasionally & the generous patients
Cons
The use of your personal time off for holidays.
Fast-paced center for patients who may spend only a feww months in the treatment center.
clinical social worker (Former Employee) –  Adelphi, MDOctober 28, 2013
Corporate management not always aware of the complexities of treatment obsticals encounted in a rehabilitation/nursing home setting.

Good group of physicians; great medical director

Pleasant, hard working co-workers within the unit
Pros
Pleasant, easy to work with co-workers
Cons
Off-site corporate management
fast paced
Dialysis nurse (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 28, 2014
Enjoyable place to work, great opportunity for advancement, and expanding knowledge. Management and staff caring and helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Renal Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9