American Renal Associates Employee Reviews

productive and relaxed place to work
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, GAOctober 5, 2017
It was a nice place to work. The other employees were very friendly and the manager was great. We had to combine two clinics into one which was a little stressful but we got everything done.
American Renal
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAOctober 5, 2017
Worked for the competitors before and I assure you if you truly care about patients and want to provide the best possible service a healthcare professional can provide then ARA is the company you should plan to have a career with. The Doctors not the shareholders make the decisions regarding patient care. ARA is the largest non profit dialysis company where the patients are the reason for this companies existence.
Spreads employees to thin
Clinical Social Worker / Dialysis Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 4, 2017
I don't enjoy having to cover at other locations and it doesn't allow me to complete the necessary paperwork at the facility I was hired to work.

There should also be electronic medical records for proper documentation in all areas.
Pros
great support staff
Cons
expected to complete 4 hours of work when only in main facility for 16 hours.
great place to work
Registered Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 2, 2017
Every dialysis day is different, typically the facility welcomes our patients with different challenges that we try to address. I always learned about the nature of the human kind. Management is awesome, very helpful. Workplace culture is very unique, different people from various background uniting for the common good of giving quality care to our patients in a safe environment. Hardest part of the job is the defiance of some of the patients.. Most rewarding is good quality outcome for the patients.
Fun place to work
Hemodialysis Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXOctober 1, 2017
The CM is very smart and clever when it comes to his workers. Very flexible and the easiest manager to approve vacations! The only downfall is some of the employees are taking advantage of his generosity especially his race ( not a racist here only a keen observer) Hands down to him when it comes to charisma and persuasion! I cannot say no to him! Hes that good! Compliments you everytime which is a great deal!
Pros
Manager is so flexible
Cons
Some workers too close to manager unbalancing the harmony of the place
Good working atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDSeptember 20, 2017
its a busy day full of needs and job exactness the company demands working by the book and being well equiped with knowledge of the job performed the manager is concerned about your day to day sucess
Pros
punching out for lunch
Cons
could get more hours
Competitive Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MASeptember 19, 2017
Great working people but poor management .
The people there are nice & friendly. It is a fast paced environment that is rapidly growing. There is no room for growth.
Pros
Company picnics
Cons
Job Management
Travel
Regional Technical Director (Current Employee) –  NY, CT, MASeptember 15, 2017
Being a Technical director it requires a lot of travel. The salary is extremely competitive compared to the other Dialysis company such as Davita, and FMC.
Good Team
Hemodialysis RN (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 19, 2017
The persons I worked with are all great. We have a good team. The manager who hired me was excellent.
My charge Nurse assisted on the floor as needed.
Pros
Team work.
Cons
Less patients. High risk for staff down grading.
Typical office job where management plays favorites
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAJuly 31, 2017
American Renal Associates is a typical cubicle farm. Management consistently plays favorites when it comes to promotions and raises. It can get discouraging and can lead to a lack of motivation. There are some managers who recognize hard work but for the most part once a favorite is decided on they are held in higher regard regardless of work ethic.
Productive and diversity
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJune 22, 2017
I've been here over 6yrs and it's been ok company to work for. The hours has changed and the percentage of raises has been lowered but overall it's a good company to work for.
Pros
Short lunches 3% raise
Benefits
To much politics
Facility technical manager (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COJune 21, 2017
Management are not there to help.. they are more of micro management. They don't show up on time and they will throw you under the buss as fast as they can. No leadership experience what's so ever.
Pros
Co-worker team member
Fast-paced, stressful
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 19, 2017
You go through your very busy, stressful day, often under-staffed, and waiting for "the other shoe to drop." Management is sketchy, seldom available, and seemingly bi-polar. One day you get kuddos, the next you get a loud dressing down on the treatment floor, in front of staff and patients, and it matters not that you may be innocent of the charges at hand. There is major, in your face, discrimination against anyone who is not one of the managers "favorites." There is no 401 k match, raises are few and far between, staff is treated poorly. There is also favoritism shown towards patients, which is painful to watch. Although the staff is a group of good and decent people to work with, it is not a nice place to work.
Pros
Nice patients (for the most part), nice co-workers
Cons
unprofessional management, small-no raises, no 401k match
Good working environment
Clinical Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RIJune 5, 2017
I enjoy working for ARA. I have a great job, and supervision is very good. I feel my work is appreciated, and that there is potential for greater responsibility.
Pros
Trusted by management
Cons
PTO needs improving
dialysis in center
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 30, 2017
the work day was mostly face paced at change over then more relaxed while the patients were on the machines. management could have been better, most days the manger came in at 10 and left by 4 so it was hard to catch them if you needed anything.
Short staffing
Certified Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Porterville, CAMay 2, 2017
Hemodialysis clinic which has become Short staffed which interferes with patiet safety, Needs improvment and staff consititency, needs to pace staff on even slat to organize
Long stressful days
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLApril 13, 2017
Working 17 hour days 3 days a week working on 36 patients with 2 other workers is a stressful job. It is rewarding, however, to know that you are helping people stay alive.
Pros
Less work days
Cons
Long work hours, constant risk of infections
Perfect place to begin and advance your career
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAApril 13, 2017
There are many opportunities with this company. The company offers many benefits. ARA offers health dental, vision, 401-k and tuition reimbursement. Patient satisfaction is the center focus.
geniune company
CCHT (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 31, 2017
Patients do come first. The pay is better but the benefits are worse, we currently use paper flow sheets instead of a computer documentation system.... yes its the stone age. Corporate truly cares about staff and patients, bonuses, parties, corporate gatherings, positive environment. Patients are not a number in a chair at this company, they have a name, a story, and a right to the best service we can provide.
Pros
more money, better environment, 3 day work week :)
Cons
no matching 401k, staff is regarded well below patients
Fast paced
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MAMarch 19, 2017
American Renal is a fast paced company. There is a lot to learn there and the everyone is willing to help if needed. They have many different clinics so there is interaction with people all over the country.