American Residential Services Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent company
Rehash Sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2016
Pay is excellent and you can be truly confident that your company is going to get the job done right the first time. Never had any complaints from my customer's for whom I sold a unit to. Keep up the good work, ARS.
Terrible comany to work
Comfort Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2016
If you're good at sales you'll be successful. But if you're married or have kids or want a slight social life, close the door on that. You have 1 day off a week. No set time on when you're done. You could work 14 hours and not make a dollar. The calls all given by the dispatcher which chooses to give the call to whoever is nice to her. Once you get her in a bad mood you're not getting calls. The GM is rude and could care less about you. Work their at your own risk
Pros
High commission
Cons
No set schedule, 1 day off. Bad management
Move On!!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 13, 2016
Worked there for 3 years..........constant turnover and pressure to sale, sale, sale!!! Management uses "spreadsheets" for everything. Once ARS managers came in the whole place went down hill.
Pros
Ex employees telling you the truth about greener places.
Cons
Management and Stressing High Pressure Sales Tactics
I pity the employees who work in the Miami office
Sales Support Associate (SSA-part time) (Former Employee) –  Cutler Ridge, FLApril 9, 2016
I was hired as full time administrative assistant. The person who was training me got sick and was out for almost a week. Their HR person took over a week to get me my user ID's and passwords to their data bases, so I could not work until someone came in and could log me in. Additionally, the local HR person did not bother doing the orientation until I have been on the job for over a week. I received a package that I needed to read on my own time.

At 17 days on the job the manager told me he could no longer "afford" me in that position, but offered me a Sales Support Associate part time position. I had to make the decision right then and there to accept the position. After I had a chance to read the employment package, I found their guidelines specified a 90 day grace period to learn your responsibilities. But the odd thing was they would have me come in and assist the Accountant with work she was doing. Although I was reclassified as a part time employee, they had me working almost full time hours.

This company does a "bait and switch" act with its employees in the Miami office.

I did have the opportunity to meet the HR Director from another area when he came to provide training. I do not believe the actions of the Miami office are standard practice throughout the company. The Miami office does have a high turnover rate. Sadly, I do not believe they understand how much they cost by training new people over and over again.

As soon as I was able to get another job, I left.

I cannot rate the CEO, because I never met the person.
Pros
Non-management employees very supportive.
Cons
Miami office upper management uses theory X management style.
HVAC tech fun to do
INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILDecember 4, 2015
Installed and repaired and sales for company of heating and air condition units as well as heat pumps and hot water heaters
Pros
pay and flexible hours
Cons
alot of travel
Company on shaky ground
Service Supervisor/Personnel Trainer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCNovember 12, 2015
This company depends on weather driven business, not stable in the slow periods of the year, they pay commission based pay.
worked with nice people
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNSeptember 22, 2015
was hoping to retire from here. found that they had knowingly been exposing all employees to mold contamination in the air systems.
Pros
very nice coworkers
Cons
poor healthcare, poor care for the health of their employees, poor compensation
ok
Hvac Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDSeptember 1, 2015
compensation is bad, no training avaliable, needs improvment, no tool account, no sign of growth or raise unless you up-sale
work environment is great!!!
Dispatcher/ Customer service Rep (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJuly 26, 2015
I love where I work and the people I work with. There could be more room for growth and advancement. A typical work day is I come in check my email. Start taking calls and doing outbound on possible miss opportunity after 5 p.m. I start dispatching and continue till my night ends at 12 am. I handle anywhere between 7-15 shops at a time.
Job Review
Home Services Provider Representative (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDJuly 24, 2015
Enjoyable place to work with a supportive management team.
Opportunities to grow with the company.
Excellent management training
Pros
Opportunities to earn extra money
Cons
Lunch break was too short

Want to know more about American Residential Services?

Ask a question
Productive work experience consulting with clients
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 23, 2015
A day at work consisted of talking to potential customers to get their air conditioner/heater serviced through ARS.
I learned that talking with people encourages and builds self esteem. The management was great and always involved and their to help me if needed.
The co-workers are always around to give good advice and to help each other out.
I loved the experience and just being able to be me and to talk with others on a daily basis always helped motivate me more and more.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no healthcare benefits
Productive work place, fast pace
Installation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 6, 2015
I learned how to install airconditioner units.
It was a great learning experience.
I met a lot of great people there.
I was able to see a lot of great apartments in North Carolina.
I am from NYC but I was given the opportunity to work in NC and I loved the apartments and living arrangements compared to NYC.
Pros
Learned a lot.
Cons
Low Salary
not impressed with the ARS organization
Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 29, 2015
no employee support
no dispatch support
no management support
typical day would include wrong info when you get to call
customers are usually upset due to inaccurate info
always cleaning up after other techs, installers, fixing the problems they created
Wonderful Company
Controller (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 26, 2015
ARS is a top notch company! I have enjoyed working for ARS for almost 10 years. My interaction with fellow employee's within the branch as well as with our corporate office has always been very pleasant.
Great Company to Work for
Sales (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 11, 2015
Great company to work for. I felt like the management cared about me. Moreover, there is plenty of room for advancement.
Pros
office enviroment
Challenging work place
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORFebruary 12, 2015
Very busy work environment. Every day was a new experience. Worked with a lot of great people. Worked with great clients.
Interesting place to work for
Sales Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 4, 2015
ARS is a company that allows you to learn from many professionals in the HVAC industry. Great place to get your feet wet. I learned about the different aspects of the industry as well.
Fast paced HVAC sales environment with excellent opportunities for success.
Project Manager / Sales (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 24, 2014
ARS Wilmington is a smaller location that is part of a national company, and provides an excellent opportunity for both technicians and sales reps. We will do whatever it takes for our customers.
Pleasant people to work with here
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 28, 2014
The Program I work with is new and its been an adventure getting it where it needs to be thankfully there are great employees and people working here.
ARS are a bunch of deceptive LIARS!!!!!!!!
HVAC Service Tehnician (Former Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 25, 2014
They lied to me!! After I was finished with training, my "salary" changed to $0.00 dollars an hour. I thought I was working for a "reputable/national" company. They said I only get paid $20.00 per service call plus a minimum commission for selling an air filter, etc. on each call. So you really make no money. And the best part is they MAKE you run calls until 9 or 10pm EVERY night!!! You have NO life/work balance with these people. They truly DON'T care about their service tech's!! Do NOT work for ARS-THEY LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cons
no life /work balance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2.8