American Residential Services

American Residential Services United States Employee Reviews

not impressed with the ARS organization
Service Tech (Current Employee), Norcross, GAMarch 29, 2015
no employee support
no dispatch support
no management support
typical day would include wrong info when you get to call
customers are usually upset due to inaccurate info
always cleaning up after other techs, installers, fixing the problems they created
Wonderful Company
Controller (Current Employee), Marietta, GAMarch 26, 2015
ARS is a top notch company! I have enjoyed working for ARS for almost 10 years. My interaction with fellow employee's within the branch as well as with our corporate office has always been very pleasant.
Great Company to Work for
Sales (Former Employee), Mobile, ALMarch 11, 2015
Pros: office enviroment
Great company to work for. I felt like the management cared about me. Moreover, there is plenty of room for advancement.
Challenging work place
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Clackamas, ORFebruary 12, 2015
Very busy work environment. Every day was a new experience. Worked with a lot of great people. Worked with great clients.
Interesting place to work for
Sales Program Manager (Former Employee), Corona, CAFebruary 4, 2015
ARS is a company that allows you to learn from many professionals in the HVAC industry. Great place to get your feet wet. I learned about the different aspects of the industry as well.
Fast paced HVAC sales environment with excellent opportunities for success.
Project Manager / Sales (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCOctober 24, 2014
ARS Wilmington is a smaller location that is part of a national company, and provides an excellent opportunity for both technicians and sales reps. We will do whatever it takes for our customers.
Pleasant people to work with here
Program Manager (Current Employee), Corona, CASeptember 28, 2014
The Program I work with is new and its been an adventure getting it where it needs to be thankfully there are great employees and people working here.
ARS are a bunch of deceptive LIARS!!!!!!!!
HVAC Service Tehnician (Former Employee), Corona, CASeptember 25, 2014
Cons: no life /work balance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They lied to me!! After I was finished with training, my "salary" changed to $0.00 dollars an hour. I thought I was working for a "reputable/national" company. They said I only get paid $20.00 per service call plus a minimum commission for selling an air filter, etc. on each call. So you really make no money. And the best part is they MAKE you run calls until 9 or 10pm EVERY night!!! You have NO life/work balance with these people. They truly DON'T care about their service tech's!! Do NOT work for ARS-THEY LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
overall 4 stars good company to work with, good benefits.
Service Technician (Current Employee), houston, txSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free breakfast every week
Cons: total commision based
overall 4 stars to this company. I learned all ac technician work and how to install AC, Inspection of Ac parts, Coordinate with assigned team lead for completion of work orders efficiently and in time.
 Diagnose issues and causes of failures in heating/air conditioning systems in order to identify system repair and replacement needs.
 Notify personnel in charge regarding procedures and status of work orders so as to reach sound decisions.
 Taking appropriate action and complying with building and safety regulations
management is awesome, coworkers are very informative and helpful. the hardest part of the job is its total commission based. the most enjoyable part of the job is benefits and free breakfast very week.
Easy Money with learning technical skills
Sales Service Associate (Former Employee), Gulf Breeze, FLJuly 5, 2014
Pros: fast money, short days
Cons: writing leads on a slow day
A typical day for me at ARS, I would get to Home Depot and as the store got busy, I would talk to customers and assist them with questions and signing customer's up for AC services from tune ups and repairs to brand new installs. I learned how to talk to different kinds of people so I could sign up a variety of people. I would say the hardest part of this job was trying to keep my quota every week.
Sale associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 15, 2014
Cons: it was all about the leads
A typical day at this job was going in early and waiting for the time to start. Signing in and getting to work approaching customer and helping them throughout the store. Schedule appointment when there was any and when there wasn't I would keep approaching more people Intel my day was done.
Very productive company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 17, 2014
Technician took pride in maintaining customer's HVAC systems
great management
Customer Service Representative / Dispatcher (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 10, 2014
simple as long as you follow the rules. Great co workers and management. Hardest part the job would be in the summertime when everyones a/c stops working and call volume is heavy
Exciting work environment with a diverse client group.
Lead Generator (Former Employee), Corona, CAMarch 28, 2014
Cons: short breaks, on your feet all day
Majority of time spent approaching customers and informing them about the services and products offered.
Some difficulty in communication with foreign populations.
Setup HVAC leads
HVAC Representative (Current Employee), Corona, CAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: the spifs
Cons: management at the stores
I learned there is a lot of patience needs in this job especially during the slow season. You get customers interested in tune ups, repairs, and free home estimates. The hardest part of the job is standing 8 hours a day. The manager is great and he is always trying to help us out as far as money is concerned.
more time home with family
HVAC Technician (Former Employee), Laurel, MDFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: the employee are great to work with
Cons: company won't allow experience tech to help trainee's
Company is more interested in quantity instead of quality of work techs have very little support from management .
not good
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Olivette, MOJanuary 17, 2014
did not like job. didn't stay long moved to a job closer to home
Loved ripping out a homes plumbing and installing all new.
Re-Pipe Plumber, ARS (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 4, 2013
Pros: worked with some great guys. we were the team to beat.
Re-pipe plumbers job was to remove a home owners faulty plumbing tubing/pipes, (Quest) and install all new copper tubing in the home.
Good bunch of guys to work with
SERVICE TECHNICIAN F/T (Former Employee), berry hill, tnOctober 2, 2013
Pros: well marketed company with unlimited resources in order to make the sale.
Cons: on board drive cams
My days were about 10hrs long even in the off season which is hard to come by, and I was only on call once a month. I would make hvac house calls to diagnose if the system needed to be upgraded, repaired, maintained ,or replaced as well as educating the customer on the latest products. Sales training was done very well and made me very successful on commission checks. I very much enjoy the customer service aspect of the service tech position.
Sued by the Attorney General of Arizona....Look on the web!
Salesman (Former Employee), Manassas, VaSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: zero.....
Cons: everything
I worked in sales and it was the worst sales job I ever had! They are a sales origanization who just happens to sell HVAC. All they care about is sales. SELL, SELL, SELL or you will be fired! They sell junk equipment and they will sell any equipment if they get the best price. In Memphis, it's all about rebates, Home Depot and insurance warranty work!

Don't get suckered in!!!!!

About American Residential Services

For those whose home maintenance skills don't rival Bob Vila's, there's American Residential Services (operating as ARS/Rescue – Read more