American Samoa Power Authority

American Samoa Power Authority Employer Reviews

ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (Current Employee), Tutuila and Manua IslandsSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: free housing and family transportation tickets every contract renewal (2 yrs)
Cons: no retiremenr benefits for contracts
Work involves a lot of challenges specially with continuous advancement in motor controls, instrumentation, and SCADA System. I have the authority to research and specify these new technologies and apply to all our electrical needs. These include installations, tests, and commissioning of equipment.
Pros: free family transportation tickets every contract renewal (2 yrs)
Cons: no retiremenr benefits for contracts
Pros: free family transportation tickets every contract renewal (2 yrs)
Cons: no retiremenr benefits for contracts
I had alot of fun working there plus it helped me become smarter
AutoCAD Tech. (Former Employee), Pago Pago, ASMay 15, 2012
Pros: family talk or sharring thoughts
Working at ASPA was one of the best times I can pick out of my memories. I have learned alot of Technical skills such as computers and Engineering. Through AutoCAD, Land Surveying and G.I.S. I have been one of the most important people on the job. I got to know my co-workers closely and had spent alot of BBQ after work. I have no regrets working there. – more... There was no other Job on the Island i was more comfortable with. The hardest part of working is waking up in the morning. I believe that is about it. We was always a team player. Nothing kept us from giving up. There were bumps but it didn't stop the work load. The most enjoyable part of the job is break or lunch time. It is when we all got to sit down and enjoy a meal and share thoughts. ASPA is more about Family. Its the SAMOAN way. – less