American Samoa Power Authority Employee Reviews

Great place to work and ways to know more about the law.
METER SHOP SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  PAGO PAGOJune 29, 2015
I was an office clerk and got to know more about the law, mostly knowing my rights. To know more about the law you should be a good example of abiding with the law and be an honest citizen.
Productive place where employee builds healthy relationship with their employer.
LMC Crew (Former Employee) –  TafunaMarch 23, 2015
My job has taught me to accept unexpected challenges. I learned to make quick and accurate solutions to problems that happened at the working area. Throughout my 7 years in ASPA, I have build a good relationship with my co-workers which benefits the company. The hardest part of the job is meeting the needs of our customers as well as our employer. The most enjoyable part of the job is when our department usually have our meeting on every Monday where we all gather to discuss unfinished work, exchange of appreciation with the manager, and a little bit of humor. I left my position as a Electrical/Mechanic Foremen because I wanted to extend my knowledge in Trades field it was hard to leave, but for the love of my family I must seek a better life for them.
Pros
free trainings
Working on American Samoa is boring
Level IV Water System DRC Operator (Former Employee) –  Pago Pago, ASJanuary 9, 2015
I have worked for the American Samoa Power Authority for 3 years. English is not the primary language so you will always feel like an outsider. Speed limit on entire island is 25 mph and you will get a ticket for going 30 mph. It is Taboo to swim or scuba dive on Sunday. ASPA will make decisions based on politics not science of regulation with little concern about the actual safety of the drinking water distributed to the customers.
Pros
slow paced life style
Cons
slow paced life style with few entertainment opportunities
ASPA
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Tafuna, AsDecember 3, 2014
A day at work would be to check on our network and respond to trouble calls with user issues. Management is by far the greatest of my employed career. I have the best co-workers anyone could ask for. Learning new technologies very so often is a challenge, but grateful for the opportunity.
drug free, friendly people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pagopago ASJuly 19, 2013
i work 5 days a week, i learned a lot from this job, i do service orders, answer phone and transfer calls, and data entry.
my co-workers are friendly people, they helped me a lot.
i love to work in different department and serve the people of the community.
I had alot of fun working there plus it helped me become smarter
AutoCAD Tech. (Former Employee) –  Pago Pago, ASMay 15, 2012
Working at ASPA was one of the best times I can pick out of my memories. I have learned alot of Technical skills such as computers and Engineering. Through AutoCAD, Land Surveying and G.I.S. I have been one of the most important people on the job. I got to know my co-workers closely and had spent alot of BBQ after work. I have no regrets working there. There was no other Job on the Island i was more comfortable with. The hardest part of working is waking up in the morning. I believe that is about it. We was always a team player. Nothing kept us from giving up. There were bumps but it didn't stop the work load. The most enjoyable part of the job is break or lunch time. It is when we all got to sit down and enjoy a meal and share thoughts. ASPA is more about Family. Its the SAMOAN way.
Pros
family talk or sharring thoughts