American Savings Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work with excellent benefits
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 16, 2016
*Typical day at work consist of morning team huddles, sales commitments, customer service ideas to improve and excel.

*I learned to manage a branch and coach my employees.

*Management within the company was always helpful when needed

*Co-workers was amazing as we all strived for success in our position

*Hardest part of my job was maintaining the high turnovers of my employees due to employees moving to another state or another career.

*I enjoyed coaching my employees and watching them grow within the company with promotions. I also enjoyed working with the customers and helping them in there financial situations.
Pros
Great Salary and Benefits
Cons
Long hours working for 7 day branch
Work hard and get rewarded
Personal Banker/Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Haleiwa, HIFebruary 8, 2016
A typical work day consist of assisting customers with their bank accounts. I learned so much about customer service and Bank regulations. As a teller Supervisor I learned how to communicate and delegate work. Working as a team is key in this type of organization, making the work place fun yet professional was very enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is the demographic for sales, its hit or miss when it comes to retail banking.
Pros
20 vacation days 1st day
Cons
pay does feel like much
Great family oriented company.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 25, 2016
Loved working for this company. They truly incorporate the family feel to it. Always there to help if needed. Management was always around for assistance as well.
Pros
Instant Messaging between all branches.
Cons
pay was a little less
Interesting place to work
Senior Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 1, 2016
Enjoyed working at institution. Learned a lot about banking, finances, investments, and planning for the future as far as finances and investing is concerned.
Fun!
Teller I/II (Former Employee) –  Kalihi, HIMay 18, 2016
I love working here! i love my co - workers. They make work like its nothing! I come to work looking forward to see everyone!
Fast pace, able to establish relationships with customers
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Lihue, HIOctober 12, 2015
A typical day at work includes but was not limited to handling multiple transactions with one customer. Dealing with customer disputes and complaints. Attempting to solve problems with customers debit cards and account issues. I learned how banks operate and what the rules and regulations are pertaining to accounts. The management was supportive in some ways more than others, it was very sales oriented. The co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of my job was resolving customer complaints while they are irate and frustrated and there are other customers in the building. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to establish relationships with my customers and helping them get the most out of their account.
Pros
Air conditioned building, comfortable chairs, casual dress code.
Cons
Scheduling, short staffed, more about sales than relationships.
Excellent organization that focuses on the customer and the community
Senior Deposit Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 24, 2015
Fantastic organization in which to gain valuable experience and opportunities. Multitudes of opportunities to contribute to the community. Very forward thinking company that embraces the customer as the center point of its business model. Movement within the company is frequent. Many of the longer term employees are having a difficult time embracing the new direction the company is headed. Many departments are experiencing a period of transition as many people have moved on from the company. Day to day operations can be challenging and stressful, but there is a suitable amount of support to employees to accomplish goals. However, because of the changes the company is putting in place, the workloads have been increased noticeably.
Fantastic Company
Branch Manager, Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 4, 2015
Inclusive culture, amazing team. They are a fantastic, smart, energetic group to work for. Plenty of perks, busy branches, great leadership for the most part.
Liked working here
Senior Teller / Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HINovember 7, 2015
I liked working here. It was a cool laid back atmosphere. There was little opportunity for advancement though. I had to look elsewhere.
I love working for my exsisting employer!
Teller I (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HiJuly 9, 2015
I learned how to be able to talk to customers more not being so shy, and being able to do presentations in front of my co-workers & upper management.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people, and always seeing a familiar faces.
My co-workers and I get a long well, we are always finding ways to meet our quota each month & finding ways to exceed our goals.
Pros
We have amazing benifits
Cons
N/A
Inefficient
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mililani Town, HIOctober 20, 2015
Relocating employees for the benefit of the few instead of looking at the quality of life & efficiency of the whole team.
Best workplace
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 6, 2015
It's the most enjoyable place I ever work for. I get along very well with my co-worker and my superiors. I've learned a lot for the past ten years. How to pick up clue(s) for cross-selling product from conversation with customers?
Pros
train for advancement
Cons
language barrier
Fun, productive, friendly place to work!
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Kīhei, HIDecember 13, 2014
Each day would start by unlocking cash cans and getting everything set for customers to enter the branch. We made sure we had our papers for transactions and pens ready to work. Management was great. They took interest in our lives and making sure we got to our goals to where we wanted to be in our careers. Co-workers there were great as well. Some of my closest friends came from working at the bank. The hardest part of the job was making sure customers left okay with their status of their accounts. Most enjoyable would be the friendships and networking that came from getting to know your clients.
Pros
friendly, pay, compensation
Cons
disgruntled customers
Semi fun place to work at
Senior Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 6, 2015
I would say ASB is an okay place to work at. Some days are fun and interesting and some is just work as usual. This job is not hard at all. The most enjoyable part about the job is the PTO, if you actually get any.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Too much people have needs
Best Place to work with great benefits
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 18, 2015
Good working environment and Great employees benefits. Free tuition assistance for full time employees. Competent management.
Pros
Tuition Fee assistance
Cons
no overtime
Life Balance & Benefits do not compensate poor job security & management
Vice President, Director of Data Management (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 30, 2015
The bank's human resource dept and executive management condone age discrimination. They hired an SVP who comfortably made age discrimination remarks to Technology Department's long-time employees and took unethical, abrasive actions to cause their terminations. When employees complained about the age discrimination conduct of the SVP of Technology, HR downplayed as non-issue. An employee was actually told he was too old to be promoted to a supervisory position. This started in 2013 with the hiring of the new SVP, Director of Technology. The department has a 35% turnover rate, new hires also resigned within 3 to 6 months citing the department is dysfunctional.
The most enjoyable part of my job was leading teams of highly skilled techinicains, clarifying strategic goals and generating team excitement in achieving the goals.
Pros
Employee Benefits such as paid time off, bank holidays and little perks
Cons
Old timers are not valued for their knowledge experience.
Training is excellent
Personal Banker and HELOC Specialist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 22, 2015
the training at ASB was great! The benefits are also extremely generous. Generally a fun place to work at and i appreciate their community grass root efforts. However they push way to hard on HELOC applications.
Loved working here, wish we didn't have to move
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Waipahu, HIAugust 10, 2014
I really loved this bank. This was the 4th financial institution I had the pleasure of working for this past decade, and it was by far the most employee-oriented. Customer service was important, but happy employees was also on the minds of the executives. Rated 5 years in a row as one of the best places to work in Hawaii and it was well deserved.
Productive and fun place to work
Operations Manager I (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 24, 2013
On a typical day work flow is easy so you get to go home on time. I've gained a lot of experience working in a financial institution in operation for more than 20+ year starting as a regular teller and challenging myself with management. I have worked with wonderful people that works so hard and pickup where we need help the most. The hardest part is trying to bring up morals and dealing with personal ups and downs of the staff. Gaining a lot of knowledge with in the financial institution and working with a great staff.
Pros
going home on time
Cons
staffing
Professional atmosphere and fun place to work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, New YorkApril 20, 2012
Worked as part of a team in the Benefits Administration Dept. Handled all secretarial tasks and assisted with benefits administration. Enjoyed learning about the different types of benefits the company offered and had a great understanding of implementing a comprehensive benefits package. Great relationships with talented co-workers. Most difficult part of the job was learning to prioritize a heavy workload and meeting strict deadlines. Most enjoyable part was working with a dynamic group of co-workers. I developed life long friendships with my co-workers.
Pros
flex work hours, great comprehensive benefits, good salary
Cons
distance to travel to work over one hour

American Savings Bank Reviews by Location