AMERICAN SCHOOL FOR THE DEAF Employee Reviews

Excellent School
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee), West Hartford, CTMay 30, 2015
Great school for deaf or hard of hearing students. Beautiful new building with specious classrooms. Staff is friendly, compassionate, and experienced. Excellent place to work and study.
Great place to work pay is great people are great student are awesome really learn to love them.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), West Hartford, CTMay 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches great pay awesome vacation benefits
Cons: mess up checks alot inconsistant management
Typical day consist of DLS(daily living skills) alot of dorm time hanging out helping individual student to mange his behaviors.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTJuly 11, 2014
Pros: free breakfast lunch and dinner
Cons: layoffs
great place to work. Deaf world is a very friendly, and the ability to learn sign language is really great
Good job environment to work with the students
ASSISTANT DEAN OF STUDENTS (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTDecember 11, 2013
Need more structure in working the the programs in lieu with the students BSP and collaborate more with the staff on implementation of rules and regulations.
Great Level II Fieldwork experience
Level II Fieldwork (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTMay 21, 2013
Provided OT to students at the school with hearing loss as well as other physical disabilities.
A good cultural setting for students who are deaf to build their communicational needs
Student Teacher (Intern) (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTApril 11, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: poor management
The school provides for students from early childhood to high school. It is a great environment for the students to learn and build their language skills. However, the management is poor. I barely informed of the school events. My principal was absent during my internship without notice and she was supposed to supervise me. The most difficult part of the job was keeping up with the events of the school. The enjoyable part was just interacting with the students overall.
Very productive person
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Hartford, ConnecticutSeptember 15, 2012
Pros: offered free lunches
Cons: work there only the summers of 2009, 2010, 2011
It's a great environment for those who love math. I learn the value of keeping accuracy of all work as part of the goal to strive for. I also learn the importance of team work and collaborating with other individuals to make sure that all information are true and nothing is false. From working with my co-workers, it was fun because we deal with several different personality, yet we come together to meet ends with a great success. In fact, when we all work together as a team, the hardest part cease and us all working together makes life easier and enjoyable.