American Senior Communities

American Senior Communities Employee Reviews

Good Company
Activity Assistant (Activities) (Former Employee), Williamsport, INMay 26, 2015
It's a good company to work for. The patients are fun and enjoy themselves. The staff is caring. They have good benefits and it's overall a great environment to work in.
Don't walk...RUN
QMA (Former Employee), Auburn, INMay 20, 2015
Pros: The single person benefits
Cons: Everything else
This is for Betz aka Dekalb Health in Auburn, IN.
The staff and management is rude and hateful. The management expects you to work ungodly hours and then expects more from you. They don't accept you having a family, appointments, or a life. They love to deny vacations unless you are their butt kissing favorites.
The benefits for American Senior Community is fine unless you need to add a spouse or family then they'll take your whole check.
I do not recommend this place to my worse enemy because it is that bad!! I made it 2 months there and don't know how the doors stay open or people put their family in there!!!!
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee), Kokomo, INApril 28, 2015
Pros: Supportive management
Cons: high cost benefits
High cost to benefits, medicore compensation and great work environment and supportive management. Flexible work and room to advance.
Terrible place to work! !!!
CNA (Former Employee), Jeffersonville INFebruary 12, 2015
Cons: everything
Hillcrest Village is the worst place I have ever worked at . Management is a joke and could care less about staff or residents. All they care about is money. The staff is a ghetto and lazy. The building is disgusting and you never have supplies. I literally had to clean someone once with a pillow case!!! Do not work here if you consider yourself a hard working individual who actually cares about residents you will hate it!!!
Most importance of American Seniors Communities
Resident Care Associate (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: tranferable
Cons: there every where
I moved to Indianapolis in 2014 of December , I had a contract with a staffing company I ve works constantly.I got told there was a contract. so I move here due to a continuing contract. But findiing there were not contract in Indianapolis not to say I question all this before I left .Okay so my friend tell me about American Senior Communities and how they are all over the city so there were not a reason for me to believe that i would not get a Job. well I got three kids to support and get here theres no work so I applied recieved and job still working since I ve been I even transfered from one facility to another.using communication and paperwork. It is very important factual points at asc it factual and punctual.
RUN DON'T WALK WHETHER PLACING A FAMILY MEMBER OR HOB HUNTING
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee), Registered NurseJanuary 27, 2015
Cons: everything
Every single time I show up to work I feel like I'm going to lose my nursing license. CNA'S disappear without reporting to the nursing staff and frequently hide. Management, if you can call it that, turns their back or disciplines staff for voicing valid and ethical concerns. Night shift runs dangerously understaffed and MANY times the nurses reporting for night shift threaten to leave, especially on memory care, rehab, and D-hall; since one nurse can and will be expected to care for all three at once with only two CNA's!!! They sweet talk you in the door and then with the most minute of orientation, throw you to the wolves whether you know the patients or not. This is not exclusive to nursing staff and several CNA'S have walked out before accepting report or have been terminated on the spot for refusing to care for residents THEY DO NOT KNOW. This place needs cleaned out from the top down. Nepotism runs rampant from maintenence up and promotions are based on this as well. We are always exhausted and understaffed. Back biting between staff is hideous and makes for miserable employment!!!
horrible
CNA (Former Employee), Valparaiso IndianaJanuary 16, 2015
Cons: benefits, co-workers, and management
I can't speak on other facilities but the one in Valparaiso is horrible. No teamwork at all. Benefits too high. No adequate training at all. Coworkers attitudes are crazy. I wouldn't work here ever again. No open enrollment. You snooze you lose.
A productive and structure work eniviorment.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2014
Pros: they pay is ver good with good benifits
Cons: you have to work holidays
A typical day at work will be to take care of all residents and assist with ADL's. What I have learned form my job is that life is short and to always properly take care of other's as you would want yourself to be taken care of.The hardest part of my job is having lack of help from others The most enjoyable part of my job is to put a smile on my residents faces daily.
Excellent Rehab team,fun atmosphere
Rehabilitation Service Manager (Current Employee), Elkhart, INSeptember 21, 2014
Cons: facilities located only in in
Rewarding experience as staff therapist as well as Rehab service manager.
Good experience
PTA (Current Employee), Seymour, INAugust 4, 2014
good experience
worked well with patients
worked well with staff
Great friendly place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Evansville, INJuly 21, 2014
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: not enough staff
I have learned over the years being a hard job but it is also rewarding, knowing that you can make a difference in someone's life by showing them that you care and by helping them in so many ways.
Really getting familiar with your patients
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 2, 2014
Pros: no constant compliance, as in weekly at inpatient/hospitals
Cons: not caring for patients as you would like
Extremely busy. 30 patients for med pass. Older people are young people at heart with bodies that don't always cooperate. Co-workers, tried to help one another, but each very very busy. Hardest part with 30 patients as with most LTC facilities, you do NOT even come close to giving the care you would hope to. Hearing about the patients life experience, this is invaluable.
Worst Place Ever To work
LPN (Current Employee), IndianaJune 17, 2014
Cons: they lie about everything
Management cares less about the residents well being or safety. Allows residents who have physically threatened or injured other residents or staff to continue to be allowed in the facility. They have the attitude of "Oh well". Never enough staff. 2 nurses and 2 CNAs for over 30+ residents some with violent behavior. Violation of Indian Labor laws by going against a wage contract.
like any other LTC facility
RN (Former Employee), n/aMarch 4, 2014
Cons: unprofessional
Patients are great. Management is unprofessional, rude, and not willing to step in when needed. High turnover and inadequate staffing.
Strong teamwork atmosphere
Nurse (Current Employee), IndianapolisJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: my patients and co-workers
Cons: many
A typical work day is extremely busy with little time for breaks.
Food service department very challenging (perhaps due to location)
Dietary Services Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 20, 2013
Pros: salaried employee
Cons: salaried employee
I worked very hard mostly because it was very challenging finding loyal, dedicated staff who really wanted to work; therefore, I was forced to work the floor on a weekly, sometime daily basis resulting in problems with untimely clinical documentation at some times. However, maintained budjets, received numerous compliments from residents and staff and was able to use my new, creative ideas. I learned a lot about management and will definately will show and prove with my next job.
Bad experience
RN Charge Supervisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 5, 2013
Not a good environment to work or learn. The culture was dictated by the nurses aids rather than the nurses and management. Horrible facility
A lot of work for little pay
Director of Marketing and Admissions (Current Employee), indianaSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: getting to know the residents
Cons: lack of bonuses, weak culture, long hours (60+a week) for little money.
ASC has multiple locations within a short distance from one another and all compete for limited referral sources. The base pay isn't bad ($50K/yr), but it is almost impossible to bonus at this job. You must maintain an average daily census for the month (your budget), or you will not make a bonus. This would be fine if your census only depended on the work and effort that you put in to your job. Instead, residents that go out to the hospital or pass away are all negative factors that contribute to your average daily census. This would not make a quality sales rep feel motivated or determined to get any new admissions if these uncontrollable factors contributed to their bottom line. All in all, if you are okay with just a base bay, then this is the job for you.
residents are great
cna (Former Employee), zionsville indianaJuly 26, 2013
Cons: always short, rude management
This place is horrible they treat the residents very bad as well as the employees. They can not keep employees so the turn over rate is very high
Residence are treated well, wonderful to work with
Dietary (Current Employee), Avon, INJune 25, 2013
Cons: benefits not so great
Very diffrent company to work for. Unfortunatley work/life balance not in affect, especially if you have children. I keep getting from them that my kid do not matter, as if I'm branded to the company. Overall the company has great potentential if you would rather live there and not have a life.

American Senior Communities Salaries