American Senior Communities Employee Reviews

Facility Support (Current Employee) –  IndianaMay 23, 2017
ASC offers so many opportunities for advancement in both nursing and non-nursing roles. Growing our own and rewarding employees who care for the residents is a company wide goal. ASC offers tuition reimbursement for those currently working for us, Immediate Tuition Reimbursement for nurses who come to work for us as their first nursing position following graduation and the ONE Program (program for nominated staff to receive their LPN and RN at no cost!). Focus on employee retention is a driving force in the facilities! Staff appreciation events and the ASC Care cupboard are just a few! We want to reward those who care so much for the residents! This is focused on from the Home Office to facilities. ASC also offers competitive wages and shift differentials! I have been employed at ASC for the last 9 years and am proud to be part of this company!
Asc
Human Resources Manager of Therapy (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IndianaMay 18, 2017
Great place to work! Great management and many benefits/perks! I have had advancement opportunities and learned so much from my supervisors. They are willing to offer free training opportunities and tuition reimbursement!
Pros
Benefits, Advancement Opportunities, Training, Pleasant Environment
Caring place to work with a lot of room for growth!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 17, 2017
Great company to work for. They are very education driven and will help you if you want to further your healthcare career. They always have fun things for the staff. Whether it's getting a food truck to come by for lunch, have a dress up day, having a bake sale to raise money for Alzheimer's, or celebrating whatever random holiday it is with food and fun, they are always showing the staff appreciation. They take the care of their residents very seriously and are always striving to do more and be better. Management works on the floor when short staffed, so that other staff doesn't get too burnt out. They are always trying to help each other out.
Pros
caring people who are trying to make a difference
Cons
short staffed
Great Place to work!
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 17, 2017
I have never worked with a group of more caring people than I do here! This is a wonderful place to work. Lots of advancement opportunities with a growing company.
Pros
Free uniforms, cell phone discounts
Lots of opportunities for growth and education assistance!!
Regional Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 17, 2017
I have worked for ASC for almost 3 years and even though the company has high expectations, they also provide so much assistance with education! Every facility will nominate 4 employees (2 for the LPN program and 2 LPNs for the RN program) to interview for a spot in the O2ne program. If they are accepted, their whole tuition is paid for, books and fees, they help out with daycare costs and the employee works 30 hours but paid for the full 40 hour work week! The company has numerous times put employees through the LPN program and later placed them in the RN program. The employees don't have to pay anything back either! ASC just wants to help grow their employees to be the best they can be!!!! The company prefers to promote internally, so the rate of moving up is faster than other companies. Pay is great! Lots of facilities raising rates! Many facilities with 4 and 5 star ratings!
Pros
opportunities for advancement, promoting education and pay
Cons
you will work hard! But I would prefer to surround myself with like minded, hardworking individuals!
Best place to work in Long-Term Care!
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 17, 2017
I love our stable and strong ASC is. There is so much room for growth and advancement! The most enjoyable part about my job is working with individuals that push me to be the very best I can at my job.
Elkhart - American Senior Communities
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INMay 16, 2017
Great company culture with alot of opportunities to grow. One of the most rewarding companies I've worked for. Its great to work for a company that provides continued education for staff.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
To many consultants coming in and out the buildings.
Great place to work!
Clinical Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 16, 2017
Buildings will do anything for you if you prove yourself to them as a reliable great worker! They constantly cater food in! You can get IMMEDIATE tuition reimbursement, cell phone discount, great shift differentials, and tons of room for growth in management!
Very Outspanding group of people wanting more for the senior communities
Housekeeper and Laundry (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 16, 2017
American senior communities is one of the organized work places ive ever been apart of , they were very polite and understanding and was willing to listen and work with you through anything..
Would not reccomend this job to anyone!
CNA (Current Employee) –  New Castle, INMay 3, 2017
Would not recommend this company to anyone!!! If you want to be treated like dog poo by your bosses them this is the job for you. If you want to work for a company that threatens to fire you when you miss one day then this is the job for you
Pros
Not one
Over worked and underpaid
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, INMay 1, 2017
Promises will be made to get you in the door but, don't expect it to happen. Management spends more time hiding the problems then fixing them. Break laws at every turn, then blame employees when caught. Don't risk your license or certification for them. They will not support you.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Lack of structure, lack of compassion, they hire anyone!
Cool environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2017
It takes a boss to be a boss. Some of these buildings are in bad shape cause of management which is where it all begins. Some of these administrators and D.O.N's are literally jokes. Some bosses are only book smart and dont know how to set structure in reality
Pros
Weekend pay
Different rules for everyone
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  IndianaApril 24, 2017
Some people are allowed to do no call no shows, be late, call in and keep their jobs. Management helps protect rude, lazy people. It's sad considering they let good staff go over calling in. They also decide to go by the book when convenient for them, but make up rules as well.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Management, cnas
I am a responsible nurse who loves nursing.
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Riverview Clarksville iNDIANAApril 21, 2017
I had been previously employed by this company and was rehire able and was going back to school and was close to my home...I am a patient centered nurse...this is not about patients... it is about money.
Very untrustworthy
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 20, 2017
The best thing about working for them was getting my certified nursing assistant license for free and having off every weekend that's truly bad places
Pros
They'll pay for you to go back to school
Cons
no breaks low pay
Dont come here if you dont want to work 7 days a week
RN (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 3, 2017
You are handed a title like "manager" but that is only a way to force more work and require people to do more than one job. There are no perks for working hard and doing a good job. "Managers" are required to do their job and also to work as floor nurses whenever there are shortages---which is every weekend, nights and 2nd shift. Then, some of those managers are made to feel bad if they cannot cover shifts and do not want to be in the facility 7 days a week.
Pros
Very few
Cons
Staff shortages, favortism, poor compensation and the insurance sucks
Should take good care of the employee and even better care of the residents
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Speedway, INMarch 24, 2017
A company that hire and fires weekly. Could be a potential good place to work but it begins with management which they lack. Should focus on taking better care of employees and residents
Pros
Chance to meet great residents
Cons
Poor facility poor management
Asc
Rehab and memory care unit manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 11, 2017
Great company to get initial experience with. They will re-enforce time management, delegation of duties, taking responsibility for your actions, team work etc. Great pay, moderate to low on the benefits, but as a starter position 8/10. There is always room to grow in this company! Highly recommended. I owe a lot to this company and the people I worked with/for.
Pros
great people and great residents
benefits
Awful place to work
Certified Dietary Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 28, 2017
Work short of help and cut staff and staff hours. Expect a lot but will not give you the tools or support to accomplish job.
Pros
Cons
No training, no support for top management.
Regulations make skilled nursing work more and more challenging
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 6, 2017
Increasingly demanding and challenging to fulfill regulation requirements with the current millennial workforce. Customer Service is at the forefront of daily activities. Management support stretched thin with the current staff challenges.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
No downtime-can never get away from work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Senior Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6