American Senior Communities Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
I did my internship here and it was SOMEWHAT decent
Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 18, 2017
I don't believe that i would ever want to actually ever be enjoyed here. I feel like the CNAs are over worked and under paid. You'll hear that from several of the workers too. To do my clinicals there to earn my license was cool though. i learned very much!
Pros
Getting to know the different residents.
Cons
Having to do everything because the actual staff didn't want to.
Loved staff and residents
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INSeptember 16, 2017
A lot of hours but fun place to work. The staff really takes care of each other. They make sure their employees are taken care of. There are many events and incentive programs for the employees to participate in
Fast paced. Can become over whelming if/when you dont manage time properly
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 28, 2017
I couldn't imagine my life without being an aide! I truly love that I make a difference. But with that being said I've been forced to find other employment because of lack of care "provided" by others.
Great company with a great purpose
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 17, 2017
This company believes in its mission to take care of their residents/customers. However, certain directors of the corporate office are horrible to work for.
Poor management
Social Services Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 13, 2017
The residents are great!! The job it's self is rewarding !!! However, often times you feel alone and unsupported. There is not enough hours in the day to complete everything you are responsible for.
Pros
Manager's eat unhealthy food all of the time
Job is okay
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INAugust 9, 2017
I took the CNA class at Allisonville Meadows. In my opinion the class is not long enough and need to work on the training. I got left by myself a lot and had to figure out a lot on my own. The residents are great. The management team needs improvement and the staff complained to much and ruined the experience for me. SOME of the nurses were very rude and lazy. The was terrible for a Nurse Aide. I say get the experience and run!!
Pros
The residents and experience
Cons
The horrible staff
Competitive compensation and very clean facility
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INAugust 2, 2017
If you like rude staff who don't believe in team work then this is the place for you! Residents are nice, friendly and clean. Overall facility is clean and doesn't smell like your normal nursing home.
Pros
Compensation/benefits, management is nice and they try to show appreciation to the staff.
Cons
Workload, staff are rude, unfriendly and no team work. Food is awful
Working at this company was great. The administration in my building was my reason for leaving.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem indJuly 25, 2017
I enjoyed the residents and staff at the building. I don't agree with how building is ran. They could not properly take care of residents. Understaffed and can not keep employees. The company itself is great to work for. Lots of perks. And in any place there is cons.
Pros
Getting to know new people
Cons
Bad adminstration in the building.
very hot and hard on the body.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 24, 2017
I liked the job but it was very hard on my hands it got so bad that I could not do the job because when I was not at work I had alot of problems with my hands and went to a doctor and was told if I continued the job I would have alot of problems in the future.
Dont bother
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Zionsville, INJuly 12, 2017
Im speaking for my facility only, nothing goes as should until state comes around. Something shady went down, people started quitting suddenly so that Agency was suddenly hired abruptly, and have taken over and ruined everything for everyone that cared enough to stay. Dont dare call someone out for sleeping on the job, or holding coworkers accountable for the work they arent doing, management is scared of some kind of CNA revolt apparently.
Pros
you can be hours late daily, even no call no show and still have a job
Cons
blatant double standards: you can be written up for what your coworker is allowed to do.
productive and energetic work environment
Director of Social Services/memory care (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 6, 2017
I love my job. Working with the residents is a blessing every day. The management staff is supportive and we all want to make our community a great place for staff and our residents
Burn Out Hard
Memory Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 22, 2017
You have to be willing to understand that at times business is going to get in the way of the care. That was a very hard part for me to understand as a manager. I loved working with seniors but I felt the human side of things was often forgotten by some management during our daily tasks. I got very burnt out.
N/a
Lpn weekend supervisor (Current Employee) –  Harcourt TerraceJune 10, 2017
Will work with company again for more competitive pay. Education opportunities available. Several facilities in Indiana. Able to transfer within company.
Ok
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 31, 2017
Wouldn't recommend anybody work there it's to much drama. The supervisors and all start drama I hated working there it was miserable. I did not look forward to going to work everyday.
Facility Support (Current Employee) –  IndianaMay 23, 2017
ASC offers so many opportunities for advancement in both nursing and non-nursing roles. Growing our own and rewarding employees who care for the residents is a company wide goal. ASC offers tuition reimbursement for those currently working for us, Immediate Tuition Reimbursement for nurses who come to work for us as their first nursing position following graduation and the ONE Program (program for nominated staff to receive their LPN and RN at no cost!). Focus on employee retention is a driving force in the facilities! Staff appreciation events and the ASC Care cupboard are just a few! We want to reward those who care so much for the residents! This is focused on from the Home Office to facilities. ASC also offers competitive wages and shift differentials! I have been employed at ASC for the last 9 years and am proud to be part of this company!
Asc
Human Resources Manager of Therapy (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IndianaMay 18, 2017
Great place to work! Great management and many benefits/perks! I have had advancement opportunities and learned so much from my supervisors. They are willing to offer free training opportunities and tuition reimbursement!
Pros
Benefits, Advancement Opportunities, Training, Pleasant Environment
Caring place to work with a lot of room for growth!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 17, 2017
Great company to work for. They are very education driven and will help you if you want to further your healthcare career. They always have fun things for the staff. Whether it's getting a food truck to come by for lunch, have a dress up day, having a bake sale to raise money for Alzheimer's, or celebrating whatever random holiday it is with food and fun, they are always showing the staff appreciation. They take the care of their residents very seriously and are always striving to do more and be better. Management works on the floor when short staffed, so that other staff doesn't get too burnt out. They are always trying to help each other out.
Pros
caring people who are trying to make a difference
Cons
short staffed
Great Place to work!
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 17, 2017
I have never worked with a group of more caring people than I do here! This is a wonderful place to work. Lots of advancement opportunities with a growing company.
Pros
Free uniforms, cell phone discounts
Lots of opportunities for growth and education assistance!!
Regional Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 17, 2017
I have worked for ASC for almost 3 years and even though the company has high expectations, they also provide so much assistance with education! Every facility will nominate 4 employees (2 for the LPN program and 2 LPNs for the RN program) to interview for a spot in the O2ne program. If they are accepted, their whole tuition is paid for, books and fees, they help out with daycare costs and the employee works 30 hours but paid for the full 40 hour work week! The company has numerous times put employees through the LPN program and later placed them in the RN program. The employees don't have to pay anything back either! ASC just wants to help grow their employees to be the best they can be!!!! The company prefers to promote internally, so the rate of moving up is faster than other companies. Pay is great! Lots of facilities raising rates! Many facilities with 4 and 5 star ratings!
Pros
opportunities for advancement, promoting education and pay
Cons
you will work hard! But I would prefer to surround myself with like minded, hardworking individuals!
Best place to work in Long-Term Care!
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 17, 2017
I love our stable and strong ASC is. There is so much room for growth and advancement! The most enjoyable part about my job is working with individuals that push me to be the very best I can at my job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Senior Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6