American SHOWA, Inc.

American SHOWA, Inc. Employer Reviews

Great Place
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), Sunbury, OHJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, paid shutdown twice a year, free holiday dinners
Cons: long hours and fast pace
Working for American Showa was a good experience for me. It was very fast paced and very demanding. At times it was long hours and 6 to 7 days a week. But it wasn't always like that there were slower times where you only worked 8 hours a day and 5 to 6 days a week. The pay was excellent and the benefits are outstanding!! It is run by the Japanese and – more... very strict in the way things are done and what is expected as far as quality. High standards are very important. I enjoyed working there and enjoyed the people I worked with and worked for. The line leaders and supervisors were always there and not afraid to jump in and help if they were needed it was a team effort. The hardest part had to be the long hours and fast pace but the people I worked with made it enjoyable and we all made it through. – less
watch your back
Process Engineer (Former Employee), Sunbury, OHSeptember 10, 2013
I got fired and didn't see it coming. I was the scapegoat for a project that went over budget and didn't turn out as planned.
A great place to work. It allowed me to provide a comfortable life for my family.
Forklift Operator Shipping (Former Employee), Sunbury, OHAugust 26, 2013
Pros: many great friends. pay
Cons: healthcare.
I worked mostly third shift so that either my husband or I could always be at home with our children. I have made many life long friends. My job was very fast paced and required the ability to prioritize and multitask. I enjoyed interacting with many different people on a daily basis.
Overtime Central
Line Operator (Former Employee), Blanchester, OHAugust 19, 2013
This place was Overtime Central and I ended my job when I moved out of state
A very fast co workers paced and demanding place to work. Good
shipping associate (Current Employee), Sunbury, OHFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: great insurance
Cons: dont get your breaks all the time and very stressful
it is a very fast paced to work in. Very demanding and and on the go. Co workers are great to work with. I have learned alot about the automotive industry.
learned how to run a cnc machine
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee), Blanchester, OHFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: good money
Cons: 7 days a week
i go in clock in then go get my part write in my booklet then get started. grab one of my parts put it my machine then program it then , then repeat
the hardest was working 7 days a week gets old
making good money for an 18 yr old
Great Benefits
Admin (Current Employee), SunburyFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: great benefits, nice amount of time off - including shutdown (extended time off during christmas & 4th of july)
Cons: if you like a fast paced, manufacturing environment it's a great place to work.
Fast paced manufacturing environment. Focus is on safety & the customer. Management tries to make a balance for associate friendly culture.
Decent Place to work,
Manager (Former Employee), Sunbury, OhioSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: great benefits, decent pay
Cons: could not make a definitive decision
After working there 18 + years, upper management could not come to any concensus on decisions that would affect major programs going forward. One director was obnoxious and could not keep his decision making process on target. He was always changing his mind during evaluation meetings.
They are not hiring Temps
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Blanchester, OHSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: free medical and dental and paid holidays
Cons: no temp to perm hiring
They will hire a temporary but they do not have a temp to perm policy and will keep you as a temp forever at 9:50 and hour. It is just not worth the time unless you use the temp time to get a better job where they will hire you.
Machined raw stock parts to finished products for assembly
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Blanchester, OHSeptember 18, 2012
Operated a variety of cnc lathes and mills for proper machining of raw stock parts to finished parts. Operating standards for many machines and assembly process, Not alot of potential for advancement,Enjoyed the fast pace work environment and process of material handling procedures.
productive and sometimes fun place to work
General Associate/Section Head (Former Employee), Blanchester, OHAugust 9, 2012
Pros: insurance
other employees are fun to be around .fast paece placew but with a little down time.good pay with great benifits.
Showa used to be great but has gone downhill past few years
Tech. Staff (Former Employee), Sunbury, OHJuly 19, 2012
things need to change in order for people to stay happy at this job. and more training should be offered.
can make decent money, jobs are not hard just fast paced.
Production Associate (Former Employee), Sunbury, OHJuly 9, 2012
liked working their, was always doing different jobs, pay was good. most managers were very easy to talk to.
clean, safe
Production Associate (Former Employee), Sunbury, OHMay 18, 2012
American Showa offers a safe, positive work environment with the opportunity for overtime. The facility is clean and well maintained.
Gear Box Technician (Former Employee), Blanchester, OHMay 2, 2012
Pros: you knew what was expected
Cons: cleaned way too much
Management was great a typical day of work was hard working co workers was very helpful hardest part of the job was getting dirty most enjoyable part of the job was the co workers
Had good benefits and good place to work for.
Heat Treat (Former Employee), Blanchester, OhioJune 21, 2011
Pros: had benefits
Was a good place to work but it has been ten years.