American Signature Furniture

American Signature Furniture United States Employee Reviews

its a great company
Customer Service (Current Employee), miami flMarch 11, 2015
Pros: flexible days off
Cons: not enough help in the office
I usually start my day off making calls to customers for there delivery or schedule appointments they have. Answer inbound calls and help customers with scheduling service appointments, also I cashier and order parts. hardest part of my job is getting all my parts estimate of arrive in tact and keeping customers satisfied . best part of my job is having customers very happy with their purchase and satisfied with their experience . my team and manager are great sometimes communication is lacked but overall its a great team.
Great work environment
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Madison, TNFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great hours, management, and coworkers
Cons: pay and not enough of a challenge
I love that I have a lot of opportunities to be creative which is when I am the happiest. I love having a challenge especially if it is space related and getting to figure the puzzle out. I really enjoy my job but would like to have the opportunity to be challenged more.
Time to move on
Merchandising Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 16, 2015
While American Signature was a great place to work for early on, it soon became a place with very little direction. Change wasn't given a chance to change over the past few years. I am grateful for the time and experience I had there. It is and has been time to move on
okay place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Moorestown, NJJanuary 15, 2015
sell furniture, learned to be patient with customers great management, co workers were not the easiest to deal with.
Not bad but could use some improvement in commission
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: only time we had free lunches is in product meeting and holidays
Cons: healthcare benefits were good.. can't complain.
My seven years with this company was rewarding and exciting. I must admit all wasn't pleasing at times but that's with any job.
But over all I made a okay living but now seeking to improve myself in a different career path outside of the furniture industry,
Corporate doesn't really care about employees bottom line is all that matters
Sales Manager / Assistance Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 3, 2014
Pros: can make a living
Cons: no real advancement with skills on by who you know
Money is moderate with long calls has canceled 401k matching several times over past 6 years
Tough business to make a decent living in BUT employees made it fun
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 29, 2014
Pros: great discount on furniture, commision was decent
Cons: healthcare wasnt that great, during "raise" time the raises couldve have been better
A typical day at work would be calling customers from the day or week before to check in on them on there products, Introduce products to new customers, sell warranties, communicate regularly with people

Management treated me fairly

Hardest part of job was waiting for customers to walk in. If not customers walk in business and sales got to be very stressful

Most enjoyable part of this job was meeting people from all walks of life and learning about there interests.
Furniture is cheap but good customer service. They will do whatever it takes to maintain customer satisfation.
Furniture Delivery (Current Employee), Brandon, FLNovember 17, 2014
Pros: discount on furniture, decent pay
Cons: no healthcare, no breaks, long shifts
I would get to the store at 7 am to proceed with my day, but had to wait a whole hour before receiving my route sheet. My contractor would stress to me to be there on time but would arrive 30 min after me . Co workers were good friendly people. Hardest part of this job was the long 12 hour shifts . PAY WAS GOOD . !! I learned how to talk with customers, read the paperwork, and also complete a successful delivery.
Meeting people's expectations
Lead office Associate (Former Employee), Brandon, FLNovember 6, 2014
Another rewarding job to do a customer service to the people in need of things that will be with them for years to come. Providing the utmost customer service is quite a challenge but very rewarding.
Productive and fun work place
Warehouse/Delivery (Former Employee), Duluth, GAOctober 21, 2014
Great place to work. Co-workers are friendly and easy to work with. Learned a lot of customer service skills.
Fair Place to Work
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 21, 2014
Management is time driven without regard to quality. Compensation is adequate.
Good work environment, fast paced.
Delivery Specialist (Current Employee), Duluth G.A.October 16, 2014
Good company, management not organized though. Barely any room for growth unless you really know someone in management on a personal level.
typical furniture sales
Home Design Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 12, 2014
a-typical commission furniture sales, little room for advancement and required weekend, holidays schedule
Great company to work for.
Manager (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: long hours
I had the opportunity to learn how they run their business.Everyone does it differently but they were very effective.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: part time only
I have work for this company for a year now. Its a decent part time job for a college student. I currently just graduated so the job is no longer for me .I simply don't make enough now. As warehouse personnel I typically build furniture, assist customer pick-ups, and occasionally delivery furniture. I would strongly recommend this job to college students looking for a part time job.
Warehouse Associate, Smryna, GA (Former Employee), Driver/HelperAugust 5, 2014
Pros: the perks where great getting discounts on some of the furniture.
Cons: some long days and evenings not noing what time u where getting off.
Good people it was nice to see customer satisfaction at the end of the day. My co workers we worked as a team we new what we where doing got along very well. Management gave us as a department great support. The hardest part of the day was not noing what to expect. The best part of the day seeing a customer happy leaving their house. What I learned was being team oriented can go a long way.
Good for single person as a start-up
Customer Service Office Associate (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAAugust 3, 2014
The company really had several things going for them prior to the economy bubble. After the bubble, there was plenty of restructure faced by the company and not very much done to try and accommodate the daily lives of employees. Granted it's retail and known fact is holidays are not for family, your time belongs to the retail monster (reason job may be good for a single start-up). As far as advancement opportunities, count it as a no, only if you are in the "in-crowd".
Not the best working enviroment
Home Furnishings Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta GAMay 6, 2014
Pros: meeting nice people
Cons: on your feet for 10-12 hrs, working with people who domn't care about about you
The day always started with a meeting to let us know what if any new furniture we had received.

Unfortunately a lot of the furniture was not in stock and we lost sales because of that. Management skills were lacking as they really didn't care about their employees only the bottom line.

Since this was a commission based job it was cut-throat on the sales floor. Many times if you left your customer to check on something for them another sales person would try to "steal" your customer offering them things that they really couldn't deliver.

It was not a pleasant atmosphere to work in.
Interesting place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Iselin, NJMarch 11, 2014
Pros: 4 day work week
Cons: low salary difficult commission structure
Fun place to work low salary. Very difficult Sales Reporting Systems.
Harsh Monthly review process four write-up and you can be terminated for not achieving your monthly goal.
productive
Current Employee (Current Employee), Plymouth MeetingFebruary 25, 2014
The pace of work is contently changing depending on how many customers are in the store or calling. Most customers are nice, you get the few bad apples but mostly people are decent. My coworkers can be fun to work with at times. The hardest part of the job is having an angry customer that you can't help and have to get a manager for. The best part of the job however is being able to laugh with the customers.

About American Signature Furniture

Schottenstein Stores is where the Schottenstein family stores its retail holdings. The investment firm owns interests Value City – Read more

American Signature Furniture Salaries