American Society for Microbiology Employee Reviews in United States

Very efficient, productive workplace; fun, bright coworkers
Freelance copy editor and proofreader (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 8, 2015
Good benefits, challenging work, good salaries, very intelligent staff, opportunity for growth, everyone works independently and is responsible for himself/herself
Rewarding job industry but poor management
Senior Program Specialist, Sustainable Development (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 9, 2013
Very demanding and stresfull work environment, fun co-workers, and lots of opportunity for self-development
ASM is a great company to work for
Editorial Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 21, 2013
ASM is a great place to work. Friendly staff and they accomadate their employees greater than any other company that I know of. A typical day at work is generally peaceful and productive. The hardest part of my job was making sure that everything was accurate. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I knew that I produced a great amount of work accurately and recieved a job well done from my supervisor.
Pros
great benefits and friendly environment
worst company
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 13, 2012
American Society for Microbiology is one of the worst non profit organization anyone can work for they don't know how to treat their workers. They report incorrect finance information to their donors. I would NOT recommend this company to anyone....
Cons
upper management wants to be in control at all times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Society for Microbiology. Our community is ready to answer.