The American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (ASCP) has an immediate opening for a temporary, part-time Instructional Designer to work on two projects:
Project 1: Editing current courses on our LMS using Articulate Presenter '09 to improve functionality; troubleshooting errors and resolving them to ensure user satisfaction. Updating course evaluations already functioning in our system with newly required information. (Anticipated hours for project: 60).
Project 2: Designing and developing six 2.5 credit hour courses from content submitted by pharmacy faculty. The Instructional Designer will work closely with the Educational Affairs Manager (internal), content editor (external), and faculty (external) as needed to develop the courses per established templates and accreditation requirements using PowerPoint and either Articulate Presenter or Adobe Captivate and publish them on our Learning Management System (EthosCE). The instructional designer will also be responsible for developing creative learning exercises to enhance the online learning experience and will create post-tests within the LMS for each course (content for post-tests provided). Project includes full implementation and usability testing of the course on ASCP’s LMS. Anticipated hours for project: 160 hours. Instructional Designer must be available to work starting June 30 (could start earlier) and work for Project 2 must be complete by August 8.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area (educational technology, instructional design, etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years working with Articulate Presenter and Adobe Captivate
- Prefer coursework/knowledge/work experience in medical field/health sciences
- Demonstrated experience applying adult learning and instructional design principles to designing and developing eLearning content
- Experience publishing learning content on a variety of LMSs (use of EthosCE a plus!)
- Expertise or experience using content authoring tools (specifically, Articulate Presenter and Adobe Captivate), and the ability to quickly learn and master ASCP’s LMS
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a design/development team
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to succeed in a collaborative environment and to work as an enthusiastic, flexible team member
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Experience creating and organizing content for use on an association-based LMS
- Experience with online content integration with LMS (AICC, SCORM)
Portfolio with relevant work samples is required during interview process
Work must be performed on-site at
1321 Duke St
Alexandria, VA 22314
(walking distance from the King St metro station)
About the Organization
The American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (ASCP) is the only international professional society devoted to optimal medication management and improved health outcomes for all older persons. Founded in 1969, ASCP is a non-profit membership organization currently based in Alexandria, VA. ASCP empowers pharmacists and other healthcare professionals to enhance quality of care for all older persons through the appropriate use of medication and the promotion of healthy aging. Additional information may be found at http://www.ascp.com.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at ASCP will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. ASCP does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition, disability, military/veteran's status, marital/familial status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.